LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log for Tuesday included three assists to the utility department after hours, one custody dispute/exchange, one incident of criminal mischief, one accident with personal injury, three accidents with property damage, one medical/illness, two suspicious vehicles/persons, one fingerprint for a gun permit, one domestic dispute, one ordinance violation and 11 traffic stops.
* Jan. 26 -- No injuries were reported following an accident involving two vehicles at 10:08 a.m. on NE 1st St. at NE E St.
Chasity L. Sherman, 31, Linton, was westbound on NE E St. in a silver 2005 Chrysler Voyager, stopped at the stop sign but didn't see a vehicle coming, proceeded to cross NE 1st St. and was almost through when she saw another vehicle sliding towards her blowing the horn. She was struck in the left rear which caused her vehicle to spin around.
The driver of the other vehicle, Arial G. Brown, 17, Linton, was northbound on NE 1st St. in a purple 1995 Chevrolet Blazer and said she saw Sherman's vehicle stop then proceed. She said she attempted to stop but when she braked, her vehicle began to slide on the snow-covered road. The collision also caused her vehicle to spin.
LPD Chief Troy Jerrell was the investigating officer.
LOCAL ORDINANCE CITATIONS
* Jan. 26 -- Seth B. Stockrahm, speeding
* Jan. 26 -- Jared S. Stormes, speeding
* Jan. 27 -- Jason A. Williams, speeding
GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
No new entries.
* Jan. 26 -- No injuries were reported after a one-vehicle accident at 3:24 a.m. on State Road 45 west of County Road 1390E.
Glenn Brumble, 46, Morgantown, was eastbound on the highway in a 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser when he lost control while traveling through a curve due to an ice-covered roadway.
Deputy Bobby J. Pierce, the investigating officer, reported Brumble's vehicle left the roadway and struck a tree.
Deputy Jeremy Inman also responded to assist on the scene.
* Jan. 26 -- No injuries were reported after a one-vehicle accident at 5:54 a.m. on the Bittersweet Curve of SR 45 south of CR 225N.
Angela Norris, 41, Bloomfield, was westbound on the highway in a 2003 Mercury 4S. Deputy Bobby J. Pierce, the investigating officer, reported due to ice-covered roadways, the vehicle slid across the center and left the road. The driver was examined for injuries on the scene and released.
The Center Township Fire & Rescue also responded to assist on the scene.
* Jan. 26 -- No injuries were reported after a one-vehicle accident at 6:50 a.m. on CR 150N east of CR 1500W.
Kelly L. Gordon, 50, Dugger, was eastbound on CR 150N in a 2004 Jeep Cherokee and traveled over a railroad crossing.
Sheriff Terry Pierce, the investigating officer, reported due to the ice-covered roadway, the vehicle skidded out of control after crossing the tracks and then skidded into a mailbox. The vehicle sustained damage to the right fender and door.
* Jan. 26 -- One person received minor injuries after a one-vehicle accident at 10:15 a.m. on CR 300N east of SR 59.
Deborah L. Loveless, 38, Dugger, was eastbound on CR 300N in a 2007 Buick Rendezvous when the vehicle dropped off the right side of the blacktop causing the driver to lose control.
Sheriff Terry Pierce, the investigating officer, reported the vehicle skidded around and left the road on the north side and struck a tree on the passenger side.
The driver complained of pain to her arm, foot and head and was examined on the scene and released.
Greene County Rescue also responded to assist on the scene.