GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
* Jan. 29 -- Robert J. Fougerousse, 48, Jasonville, was arrested on a warrant and was being held without bond. Greene County Sheriff's Deputy Aaron Smith was the arresting officer.
* Jan. 31 -- Derrick Jackson, 22, Newberry, was arrested on preliminary charges of operating a vehicle while intoxicated with a prior conviction, released on $8,000 bond and scheduled to appear in court on Feb. 5. Bloomfield Deputy Marshal Jordan Hasler was the arresting officer.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log for Friday through Sunday included one incident of breaking and entering, one refusal to leave, one title check, two follow-up investigations, three requests for information only, one juvenile/delinquent, one school/foot patrol, one disorderly conduct, one structure fire, one missing/runaway juvenile, three accidents with personal injury, four accidents with property damage, one funeral escort, one lost and found, five medical/illness, one animal complaints, one VIN check, two assist to another agency, two harassment complaints, three thefts-other, one disabled/stranded vehicle, one welfare check/concern, one shoplifting, three ordinance violations, one battery and 40 traffic stops.
* Jan. 27 -- An officer responded around 10:30 p.m. to a call from a truck driver from Iowa who said someone had hit his truck then left the scene. The trucker said he was sleeping in his semi-truck at the Linton Party Center on State Road 54 and NW 5th St. when he heard a noise and felt his truck rock slightly. He said he got up and saw a dark-colored sedan speeding away. The officer spoke to an employee working at the time who said the suspect bought a six-pack and left. Then they heard a horn blow and saw the car speeding away. The officer checked the suspect's vehicle for damage but found nothing to implicate the suspect. LPD Officer Thomas Jerrels was the investigating officer.
* Jan. 29 -- A resident of Shelburn reported the theft of her purse occurred around 5 p.m. when she went to the Country Porch to purchase gas and a cup of coffee. LPD Officer Nick Yingling was the investigating officer.
* Jan. 29 -- Police were called after a man from Bloomfield went in to the WalMart store and allegedly started taking things including pocket knives, a vice grip wrench and a carbiner hook. LPD Officer Nick Yingling was the investigating officer. Reserve Officer Rodney Bredeweg provided assistance.
* Jan. 30 -- A resident with an address on RR 4 reported the theft of a white and brown with dots, normal-size, Jack Russell terrier at approximately 2 a.m. on Jan. 29. The four-year-old dog has a scar under his left front leg, a raw spot above his tail on his back and a scar on his nose. LPD Officer Karl Jacobshagen was the investigating officer.
* Jan. 31 -- A resident on NE E St. reported 12-15 bottles of beer including Corona, Sam Adams and Blue Moon beer plus a bottle of Thomas wine was taken from a locked fridge in the garage sometime during overnight hours Jan. 30-31. The lock had been broken off. The garage was kept unlocked. LPD Officer Karl Jacobshagen was the investigating officer.