GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
* May 13 -- April Corns, 47, Linton, was arrested on preliminary charges of possession of precursors and attempt to manufacture and was being held without bond. Linton Police Det. Josh Goodman was the arresting officer.
* May 13 -- Michael Edmonson, 40, Jasonville, was arrested on preliminary charges of possession of precursors and attempt to manufacture and was being held without bond. Linton Police Det. Josh Goodman was the arresting officer.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log for Wednesday included two requests for information only, one custody dispute/exchange, one school/foot patrol, one intimidation, one missing or runaway juvenile, one funeral escort, one alarm, three animal complaints, one VIN check, one assist to another agency, two harassment complaints, one domestic battery, two extra patrols, one theft-other, one message delivery, one arrest-wanted on warrant, one domestic dispute, one domestic dispute-neighbor, one community relations, one truancy and 26 traffic stops.
* May 12 -- A resident on NE E Street reported an incident of cruelty to an animal that allegedly occurred sometime on May 11. According to a police report, the woman's dog got loose. Then a man in the area wrote her a note saying her dog tore up a fence that he had spent $3,000 on and he wanted to talk to her as soon as possible. Then she found her dog beaten, with a battered body and a bloody tail. She was taking him to a veternarian for treatment of injuries. LPD Det. Duane Collenbaugh is the investigating officer.
* May 12 -- A resident reported an alleged theft of 90 hydrocodone pills that she said were in her purse while she was shopping but someone must have taken the pills when she wasn't looking. Nothing else was taken. LPD Officer Karl Jacobshagen was the investigating officer.
LOCAL ORDINANCE CITATIONS
* May 11 -- Josh G. Adams, speeding
SULLIVAN COUNTY COURT NEWS
A Bloomfield man was taken into custody Monday on a warrant issued by Sullivan Superior Court Special Judge Michael Lewis in connection with a 2007 civil suit filed against him by a Sullivan County daily newspaper.
R. Michael Johnson, 44, was arrested by the Sullivan County Sheriff's Department at 4:35 p.m. on a contempt of court warrant. He was released at 5:30 p.m. after posting $500 cash.
According to court records, Johnson was scheduled to appear in court for a supplemental hearing on April 27 in a civil case filed against him in 2007 by Pierce Publishing Company, which owns the Sullivan Daily Times.
When Johnson failed to appear in court last month, the warrant was issued.
Pierce Publishing was previously awarded a $5,212.12 judgment against Johnson, who formerly published the Bloomfield Free Press. His company used the press facilities at the Sullivan newspaper to print its weekly publication.
To date, the only payment on the account has been the $500 that was posted for bond on Monday, according to a court spokesperson.
A new court date has not been set.