* June 24 -- Donald L. Martin, 51, Linton, was arrested on preliminary charges of residential entry and trespass and was being held in lieu of $5,000 bond. Linton Police Cpl. Paul Clark was the arresting officer.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log for Thursday included one incident of fraud, one illegal burn, three requests for information, one juvenile/delinquent, two assists to the utility department after hours, two incidents of vandalism, one accident with property damage, one lost and found, one medical/illness, three animal complaints, one VIN check, four suspicious vehicles/persons, one extra patrol and three traffic stops.
* June 24 -- A resident who has not been to Georgia discovered three charges on her credit card statement from a gas station in Georgia. She reported the unauthorized charges to the police department and it's being investigated as a possible credit card theft and/or fraud. LPD Det. Duane Collenbaugh is the investigating officer.
* June 25 -- A resident on 4th Street NE reported the theft of several items from his vehicle. The theft was discovered when the man's mother said a neighbor told her he had found an empty box of ammunition and other related items in his garden. The man then checked his truck and found two handguns were missing along with an HP laptop computer, all which had been in a black Swiss-made backpack which was also missing. The handguns were both black semi-automatic pistols, one a 9 mm Baretta with a light and laser. Other missing items included a holster, 9 mm ammo and other ammo. A suspicious male who walks on 4th Street NE often has also been reported to the police. LPD Officer Brock Garrison is the investigating officer.
LOCAL ORDINANCE CITATIONS
* June 23 -- James Pritchard, parking
* June 24 -- Cary Eads, parking