* June 28 -- Thomas E. White, 51, Solsberry, was arrested on preliminary charges of maintaining a common nuisance, dealing in methamphetamine and possession of methamphetamine with a firearm and was being held without bond. Greene County Sheriff's Det. George Dallaire was the arresting officer.
* June 28 -- John G. Bauch, 35, Worthington, was arrested on preliminary charges of public intoxication and two counts of battery and was being held in lieu of $1,500 bond. Linton Police Officer Tom Jerrels was the arresting officer.
* June 29 -- Brian Bastin, 32, no address listed - homeless, was arrested on a warrant issued out of another county and was being held without bond. Greene County Sheriff's Det. George Dallaire was the arresting officer.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log for Monday included one incident of fraud, one medical/extraction, one request for information, one juvenile/delinquent, one assist to the utility department after hours, one transport of documentation, one accident with property damage, two medical/illness, one alarm, one suspicious vehicle/person, two harassment complaints, one possibly intoxicated driver, one extra patrol, one theft-other, one theft-motor vehicle, two ordinance violations and five traffic stops.
* June 25 -- Police responded at approximately 4:46 p.m. to an accident involving three vehicles on State Road 54W near NE 10th St. The primary cause of the accident was improper passing.
The first vehicle was a blue 1995 Kenworth Export operated by Robert R. Flora, 47, of Bonita Springs. Ark. The truck was owned by Landstar Ranger of Rockford, Ill. Flora was westbound on the highway behind a white 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix operated by Richard D. McGowan, 47, Linton.
According to the police report, the truck driver, Flora, told police he slowed down while going through a traffic light to be able to see because the sun was in his eyes. Then after passing through the intersection he sped back up, thought the car was turning right and entered the left turn lane to go around the car. Then he entered back into the westbound lane of travel but did not see the car.
The truck struck the car in the driver's side rear quarter panel and door then spun into the oncoming eastbound traffic lane and struck another vehicle head-on.
The third vehicle that was hit was a maroon 1994 Nissan short-bed pickup operated by Christopher L. Mullins, 29, Williamsburg, Ky. Mullins was traveling east on the highway escorting a large modular home.
One witness said he didn't know whether the car was attempting to turn or not but saw them side by side in the roadway so he slowed down to see what they were going to do when the truck hit the car then skidded.
Another witness said the truck was riding the car's bumper, then moved into the turn lane and immediately moved back again striking the car.
Total damage was estimated between $10,000-25,000.
Two passengers in the car, a 25-year-old woman who complained of pain to the head, and a seven-year-old boy who complained of pain to the neck, were transported by ambulance to Greene County General Hospital. Their injuries were non-incapacitating and no other injuries were reported.
LPD Officer Debbie McDonald was the investigating officer. Officer Thomas Jerrels assisted on the scene.
* June 25 -- Police responded at approximately 5:40 p.m. to an accident involving two vehicles at the intersection of NE E and 8th Streets. One vehicle, a gray 2005 Hyundai Sonata, was traveling north on 8th St. and a second vehicle, a tan 2001 Chevrolet Blazer, was traveling west on E St. The police report states the first vehicle, operated by Nicole R. Fougerousse, 24, Linton, disregarded a stop sign at the intersection and the two vehicles collided in the intersection. The second vehicle was operated by Jennifer A. Puckett, 17, Linton. Alcohol was not a factor in the accident. No injuries were reported but damage to the vehicles was estimated between $5,000-10,000. LPD Officer Debbie McDonald was the investigating officer. Officer Thomas Jerrels assisted on the scene.
LOCAL ORDINANCE CITATIONS
* June 27 -- Larry Jackson, disregarding stop sign
* June 27 -- Michael L. Tatlock, parking