The Linton Police Department's activity log on Wednesday included one drug investigation, one incident of shots fired, one death investigation, one structure fire, two funeral escorts, one alarm, two animal complaints, one harassment complaint, one extra patrol, one bicycle theft, one other theft, one welfare check or concern, one shoplifting incident, one battery and six traffic stops.
* July 7 -- A woman reported a burglary occurred while she was away from her residence between 9:30-10 p.m. Money was missing as well as a laptop computer. Suspects were named. LPD Cpl. Chad E. Crynes was the investigating officer, assisted by Officer Thomas A. Jerrels.
* July 7 -- An incident of theft was reported by the Dollar General Store. Around noon, a familiar female entered the store wearing an empty backpack. When she left, the backpack appeared to be full. The female has been suspected of shoplifting in the store on previous occasions. LPD Officer Karl Jacobshagen was the investigating officer.
LOCAL ORDINANCE CITATIONS
* July 6 -- Dalton Ewers, disregarding stop/yield sign
* July 6 -- Autumn B. Cullison, disregarding stop/yield sign
* July 6 -- Billy Joe Utt, disregarding stop/yield sign
* July 6 -- Jorrell Lee C. Houldson, speeding
* July 6 -- Tyler S. Pope, speeding
* July 7 -- Kylee D. Niebrugge, speeding
* July 7 -- Robert A. Dickerson, seat belt violation
* July 7 -- Angela R. Waggoner, speeding
* July 7 -- Aaron L. Pearson, seat belt violation