The Linton Police Department's activity log for Friday through Sunday included one incident of breaking and entering, one follow-up investigation, two requests for information, one fight, three assists to the utility department after hours, four incidents of vandalism, one drug investigation, one public intoxication, one structure fire, one loitering, two accidents with person injury, two accidents with property damage, four medical/illness, one alarm, one animal complaint, two suspicious vehicles/persons, three assists to other agencies, one harassment complaint, one child abuse/neglect, one possibly intoxicated driver, one extra patrol, one theft, one disabled or stranded vehicle, one drug overdose, one arrest-wanted on warrant, one assist to the fire department, two domestic disputes, one ordinance warning and six traffic stops.
* July 9 -- A resident on E. Vincennes Street reported the theft of medication and cash out of a parked car that had been locked. The resident said the car had been ransacked and several items taken. The police report says the top of a door was pried open. LPD Det. Duane Collenbaugh is the investigating officer.
* July 9 -- Vandalism was reported by Francis Jewell Box on N. Main St. after someone arrived to work at 11 a.m. and found flower pots broken on the sidewalk and dirt and flowers strewn about. LPD Det. Duane Collenbaugh was the investigating officer.
* July 9 -- Police were called to the scene of a disturbance on SE 6th St. around noon where a man reportedly came to a residence and started cussing and screaming then broke flower pots, then the driver's side window of a vehicle, then the front windshield. LPD Det. Duane Collenbaugh is the investigating officer.
* July 10 -- A resident on SW 2nd Street reported the theft of a work shirt (from a federal penitentiary) from his vehicle sometime after midnight. The vehicle was left unlocked. LPD Officer Brock Garrison was the investigating officer.
* July 11 -- Darrin Chambers, 39, New Albany, Ind., was wanted on three separate warrants for his arrest, one out of Knox, one out of Harrison and one out of Crawford County. He was taken into custody at approximately 9:33 p.m. by LPD Officer Brock Garrison at a location near Sullivan County then transported to another location south of Linton where he was turned over to Knox County Sheriff's Deputies. Other officers who assisted in the arrest included LPD Cpl. Paul Clark, Det. Josh Goodman, and personnel from the Sullivan County Sheriff's Department and the Dugger Police Department.