The Linton Police Department's activity log for Monday included one follow-up investigation, one accident with property damage, one medical/illness, one animal complaint, one harassment complaint, one extra patrol, one ordinance violation and six traffic stops.
* July 9 -- Police responded to a rear-end collision on NE A Street approximately 400 feet east of Angell's Shopping Center drive. Two vehicles were westbound on NE A Street, one stopped in traffic, the second one did not see the first one stopped in time to avoid a collision. The driver of the first vehicle said he was stopped in traffic for a stop light when he was rear-ended by the other vehicle. No injuries were reported but damage was estimated $5,000-10,000. Following too closely was cited as the cause. LPD Det. Josh Goodman was the investigating officer.
* July 10 -- Dale Wayne Brown, 47, Linton, was arrested after police responded to a report of a domestic disturbance around 3:48 a.m. The person who called in hung up during the call, then when officers arrived at a residence on SE 6th Street, they found Browne waiting for them in a paved access road. The police report states he was upset because of visitors that his ex-wife had over and he was demanding they leave. He was informed he could not make them leave and was told at least three times to stop yelling but he again began to yell and point his finger at his ex-wife. The report says officers believed he was trying to provoke an argument and that he was intoxicated. Browne was taken into custody, booked in to the Greene County Jail then released on $1,000 bond. On Tuesday, preliminary misdemeanor charges of public intoxication and disorderly conduct were filed against him and he's scheduled to appear in court on July 16. LPD Cpl. Paul Clark was the arresting officer. Officer Harry Hovey assisted on the scene.
* July 11 -- An incident of criminal mischief/criminal trespass reportedly occurred near a residence on S. Main Street where a vehicle drove through a yard and other areas of a property causing damage to the land and to landscaping. LPD Det. Josh Goodman is the investigating officer.
* July 12 -- An incident of harassment and/or intimidation reportedly occurred as a man was leaving the mini-golf course in the park. The suspect allegedly walked up to the man, pointed his finger and made a threat. There was a witness. LPD Cpl. Chad Crynes is the investigating officer.
* July 11 -- S. N. Zygai, improper passing
* July 11 -- Hunter N. Greene, improper passing
* July 11 -- Lacey L. Cooper, speeding