LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log for Wednesday included one follow-up investigation, two requests for information, one juvenile/delinquent, one protective order violation, two drug investigations, one loitering, one funeral escort, one medical/illness, two animal complaints, two suspicious vehicles/persons, one driving while suspended, one possibly intoxicated person, one reckless driver, three thefts, one assist to the utility department, two arrests - wanted on warrants and three traffic stops.
* Aug. 11 -- Gary Ray Cross, 24, Linton, was seen driving in Linton. Officers ran a check on his driving status and it returned as suspended. Cross was stopped at approximately 7:17 p.m. in the area of State Road 54 and NE 7th St. He was placed under arrest for driving while suspended with a prior conviction for driving while suspended. He was transported to the Greene County Jail. LPD Officer Brock Garrison was the investigating officer and was assisted on the scene by LPD Officers Tom Jerrels and Nick Yingling.
* Aug. 11 -- LPD Officer Tom Jerrels responded to a residence on SW 2nd St. to contact James Cordell in reference to an active warrant for his arrest issued out of Sullivan County. Cordell was not home but a message was left to call the LPD. Cordell called and was advised to come to the station where he was arrested and transported to Sullivan County where custody was transferred to a Sullivan County deputy. Cordell was booked in to the Sullivan County Jail where his bond was set at $3,000 on a preliminary charge of domestic battery, a class A misdemeanor.
* Aug. 11 -- Police took a report of a theft from a man staying at Allen's Motel in Linton. The man said he left an iPod Touch in its original container inside of a computer bag in his room early in the morning and went to work. When he returned to the room from work, the iPod was missing from the bag but the case was open. LPD Officer Tom Jerrels was the investigating officer.
* Aug. 11 -- LPD Officer Tom Jerrels took another report of a theft at Allen's Motel where a man from Crawfordsville said he was missing 50 pills of morphine, 70 pills of morphine sulfate and 20 pills of diazepam. The thefts remain under investigation.
* Aug. 11 -- A Linton man reported that he spent the evening at a rural Bloomfield residence and sometime while he was there, his iPod Touch in a rubber case was stolen along with $30 in cash. LPD Officer Tom Jerrels was the investigating officer.
GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S
* Aug. 11 -- Alcide Dagley, 39, Bloomfield, was arrested on a warrant, released on $10,000 bond and scheduled to appear in court on Aug. 16. Greene County Sheriff's Deputy Terry Wade was the arresting officer.
* Aug. 11 -- Gary Cross, 24, Linton, was arrested on a preliminary charge of driving while suspended, released on $1,000 bond and scheduled to appear in court on Aug. 16. Linton Police Officer Brock Garrison was the arresting officer.