The Linton Police Department's activity log for Monday included two requests for information, one juvenile/delinquent, one custody dispute or exchange, one drug investigation, one school/foot patrol, one report of shots fired, one utility repair, one disorderly conduct, two accidents with personal injury, two medical/illness, two suspicious vehicles or persons, three assists to other agencies, one complaint of harassment, two reckless drivers, one extra patrol, one theft, one welfare check or concern and one domestic dispute.
The log for Tuesday included one school/foot patrol, one civil complaint, one accident with property damage, two medical/illness, one alarm, three animal complaints, one VIN check, two assists to other agencies, two complaints of harassment, one theft, one 911 prank or false call, one fingerprint for a gun permit, two ordinance violations and three traffic stops.
* Aug. 16 -- A report of shots fired was called in by someone who thought they heard a noise or sound similar to a gun being fired. Officers were dispatched but did not locate anything and no other calls about this or a disturbance were received.
* Aug. 16 -- A female resident reported an incident of fraud/scam/intimidation involving an email she received from a person she did not know. The email requested her to pay $150,000 to keep the suspect from terminating her life. The suspect stated they had been paid $200,000 to terminate her life. LPD Cpl. Chad Crynes was the investigating officer.
* Aug. 18 -- Grace E. Parsley, 23, Sullivan, was arrested on a preliminary charge of intoxication after an officer responded to the Pizza City parking lot located on State Road 54 and NE 8th St. at approximately 11:50 p.m. on Aug. 17. The original complaint was a report of loud music. When the officer arrived, he came into contact with Parsley. The police report states Parsley was unrelated to the loud music complaint. Field sobriety testing showed Parsley to be intoxicated and she was taken into custody and transported to the Greene County Jail where her bond was set at $500. Public intoxication is a class B misdemeanor. LPD Officer Tom Jerrels was the investigating officer.
* Aug. 14 -- Carrie A. Smith, driving while suspended infraction
* Aug. 14 -- Seth D. Blackwell, speeding
* Aug. 16 -- George D.A. Shacke, disregarding a stop sign and false registration