The Linton Police Department's activity log for Saturday and Sunday included eight requests for information, one bar fight, one illegal burn, one juvenile/delinquent, one assist to the utility department after hours, one custody dispute/exchange, one incident of criminal mischief, one report of shots fired, one disorderly conduct, one structure fire, one accident with property damage, one lost and found, two suicides or attempted suicides, four medical/illness, two alarms, three animal complaints, two suspicious vehicles/persons, four assists to other agencies, one traffic control, one theft, one message delivery, one domestic dispute, one community relations, one ordinance violation, one battery and one traffic stop.
The log for Monday included one illegal burn, one request for information, one bar fight, two reports of vandalism, one vehicle repossession, two accidents with personal injury, one medical/illness, two assists to other agencies, one complaint of harassment, two thefts, one motor vehicle theft, one ordinance violation, one battery and 12 traffic stops.
* Sept. 6 -- Monty D. Maze, 34, Shelburn, was arrested after his vehicle was stopped at approximately 10:28 p.m. in the area of NE 10th and E Streets by LPD Reserve Officer Mike Harroll. The officer believed Maze was driving while intoxicated and other officers were called to the scene to assist including Officer Thomas Jerrels and Cpl. Chad Crynes. A report by Jerrels states after field sobriety tests were performed twice, Maze was tested at .21 BAC on a certified breath test administered at 11:30 p.m. Maze was taken into custody and transported to the Greene County Jail where his bond was set at $4,000 after he was booked in on preliminary charges of operating a vehicle while intoxicated. His jail booking form lists his occupation as "truck driver."
* Sept. 6 -- A resident reported a theft occurred at their residence on RR3 where several items were taken from an unlocked vehicle sometime after midnight. Missing items included small binoculars, a full CD case and misc. change. LPD Officer Karl Jacobshagen was the investigating officer.
* Sept. 2 -- Jessica Shipley, parking
* Sept. 2 -- Courtney Moronez, parking
* Sept. 5 -- Carter G. Daugherty, driving while suspended