The Linton Police Department's activity log for Monday included one report of trespassing, one fraud, one illegal burn, one follow-up investigation, two requests for lifting assistance, one assist to the utility department after hours, two reports of vandalism, one drug investigation, one disorderly conduct, one missing or runaway juvenile, one funeral escort, three medical/illness, two alarms, one animal complaint, two suspicious vehicles/persons, four assists to other agencies, two harassment complaint, one possibly intoxicated driver, one traffic control, one theft, one 911 prank or false call, two domestic disputes, one animal/canine removed and two traffic stops.
* Sept. 24 -- No injuries were reported in an accident involving two vehicles at approximately 10:51 a.m. at the intersection of NW 5th St. and NW K St. The two vehicles were northbound on NW 5th St. when the first vehicle was going to turn around at NW K St., veered right then turned left after looking behind him and not seeing the other vehicle. The driver of the second vehicle, and a witness, said the first one was pulled off on the right side of the roadway and they went around it but the driver then pulled back into the lane as the second vehicle was passing by. The first vehicle then hit the second in the passenger side from the front wheel to the rear bumper. LPD Officer Debbie McDonald was the investigating officer.
* Sept. 24 -- No injuries were reported in an accident involving two vehicles at approximately 12:02 p.m. on State Road 54E about 50 feet east of Tomak Ave. The two vehicles were eastbound on the highway when the first slowed or stopped in traffic. The driver of the second vehicle looked down and when they looked back up, traffic was stopped. They attempted to stop but were not able and they struck the first vehicle in the rear. Damage was estimated between $2500-5000. LPD Officer Debbie McDonald was the investigating officer.
* Sept. 27 -- A resident who left their home for less than an hour at approximately 1-2 p.m., with door possibly unlocked, reported their insurance and social security cards were taken from their purse but no cash or anything else. LPD Officer Karl Jacobshagen is the investigating officer.
* Sept. 27 -- A resident reported incidents of attempted theft using her Discover credit card. Someone tried to charge items at several online businesses but all claims were denied and the resident was not out any money. LPD Officer Karl Jacobshagen is the investigating officer.
* Sept. 24 -- Brock Brochin, parking violation
* Sept. 24 -- Carla Lopez, parking violation
* Sept. 24 -- Gary Scott, parking violation
* Sept. 25 -- Dustin W. Mason, expired license plate