The Linton Police Department's activity log for Monday included one drug investigation, one structure fire, one accident with personal injury, one medical/illness, one alarm, one assist to another agency and one open garage door.
* Dec. 4 -- Police investigated a report of a missing person, a 52-year-old Linton woman who was last seen on Dec. 3 traveling west on State Road 54 near County Road 1000W in a dark blue van. Her husband said he spoke with her around 4:10 p.m. but on Dec. 4 he had not had contact with her since and several family members had not had contact with her. Later on Dec. 4, police were able to make contact with her, she called and said everything was fine and to give the number she called from (in the 317 area code) to her husband. This case is inactive. LPD Cpl. Chad Crynes was the investigating officer.
* Dec. 4 -- Police responded at 11:53 a.m. to the scene of an accident involving three vehicles at the intersection of S. Main and Little A Sts. One driver was westbound on Little A and was going to turn onto S. Main. Another vehicle was southbound on Main passing Little A. The first driver didn't see the second one coming and pulled into their path. The two collided and the first vehicle also hit a parked car. Only one person received a non-incapacitating injury and complained of pain all over. LPD Officer Karl Jacobshagen was the investigating officer.
* Dec. 5 -- A drive-off theft of fuel was reported by the Fast Point gas station after a suspect in a white Jeep with a maroon driver's door pumped $46 worth of gas then left without paying. LPD Det. Sgt. Keith McDonald was the investigating officer.
* Dec. 5 -- The owner of the Save-A-Lot Store reported an incident of theft and criminal mischief occurred between 7:15-8 p.m. when someone broke into his soda pop machines. The suspect took an unspecified amount of change and dollar bills and removed the lock and change mechanism on one machine and damaged another. The suspect caught on video surveillance is described as an approximately 6-foot tall white male with dark hair and a thin build wearing blue jeans and a denim-type shirt. The police report says the vehicle involved was a newer model silver or beige Dodge pickup, quad-cab, 2WD, with nerf bars. LPD Cpl. Chad E. Crynes is leading the investigation with assistance from Officer Thomas Jerrels.
* Dec. 5 -- Angell's Food Center reported an incident of theft involving a soda pop machine that was forcibly opened and money removed. A store employee said it could have happened anytime from the late night hours on Dec. 4-5. The police report states the store owner was reviewing their video surveillance footage of the machine and that the case remains under investigation. LPD Officer Thomas A. Jerrels is the investigating officer.