Linton Police Department Activity Log

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Linton Police Department's activity log for Tuesday included one incident of forgery and counterfeiting, one school/foot patrol, one transport of documentation, one medical/illness, one alarm, one animal complaint, one VIN check, one suspicious vehicle and/or person, one burglary, one complaint of harassment, one extra patrol, one theft, two lost or stolen license plates, one fingerprint for a gun permit, one recovered vehicle/property, one abandoned vehicle, one community relations detail and five traffic stops.

* Jan. 21 -- Speed for the weather conditions was blamed as the primary cause of an accident involving a car that crashed into a business building at approximately 1:45 p.m.

James P. Bowen, 66, Bloomfield, was operating a red 2002 GMC truck and was pulling into a parking space in front of the All-Star Cash Advance Building on NE A St. but was unable to stop the vehicle.

The truck went over a parking curb and struck the building. Total damage estimated was between $5,000 and $10,000.

The weather conditions were clear but the road surface was covered with snow and slush.

Two occupants of the vehicle were wearing seatbelts and were not reported to have been injured.

LPD Officer Nick Yingling was the investigating officer.

* Jan. 23 -- Three vehicles were involved in an accident on State Road 54E approximately 1000 feet east of 12th St. around 12:19 p.m.

All three vehicles were westbound on the highway. One vehicle was stopped for a stop light at the entrance to Angell's shopping center and was behind another vehicle. The driver said he saw another vehicle approaching from behind and tried to pull up closer to the vehicle in front of him.

The driver of the approaching vehicle said she was unable to stop and struck the stopped vehicle.

Then yet another driver coming up from behind was unable to stop and hit the vehicle in front of them.

Following too closely was named as the primary cause of the accident.

Seatbelts were in use and no injuries were reported.

LPD Officer Nick Yingling was the investigating officer.