* Feb. 24 -- Kevin Corns, 25, Linton, was arrested on a warrant issued on a parole violation. He was being held without bond. Linton Police Officer Tom Jerrels was the arresting officer.
* Feb. 24 -- Richard Rita, 57, Linton, was taken into custody on a warrant for his arrest that was issued in Hawaii on a preliminary charge of sexual assault. He was being held without bond while awaiting extradition. Linton Police Officer Tom Jerrels was the arresting officer.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log for Wednesday included one follow-up investigation, one structure fire, one lost and found, two suicides or attempted suicides, two medical/illness, one alarm, four animal complaints, one suspicious vehicle and/or person, four traffic control details, one disabled or stranded vehicle, one ordinance violation and seven traffic stops.
* Jan. 29 -- Police were called to investigate an incident at the WalMart store involving a 15-year-old male. An employee said he was acting in a suspicious manner inside the store, picked up an item in the electronics department then went into the men's department and opened the package. The suspect allegedly placed the item in his front pants pocket, hid the package under shelving then left the store without paying. He was approached by Loss Prevention personnel and he returned the merchandise. Criminal charges were filed with juvenile authorities. LPD Cpl. Chad Crynes was the investigating officer.
* Jan. 29 -- A resident on NE A St. reported a theft occurred in their home after a 30-year-old Dugger man came to the door and asked to speak to a relative of the resident and the resident exited the room to go and get the relative. When she returned, she saw the door being shut and noticed her purse and her billfold were open with $150 missing. The suspect was contacted and he denied being at the residence all evening. The case remained under investigation. LPD Officer Thomas Jerrels was the investigating officer.
* Jan. 30 -- A Linton woman reported to police that her credit card was missing from her pocket after she exited the WalMart store. She searched her vehicle then returned inside the store and saw someone pick up a card off the floor and confronted the suspect who said she did not know what the woman was talking about. Police were going to check surveillance footage in their investigation. LPD Officer Thomas Jerrels was the investigating officer. Cpl. Chad Crynes provided assistance.
* Feb. 3 -- An incident of theft which allegedly occurred on Jan. 31 between 4:30-5 p.m. was reported to police by Robert Buskirk who has since been arrested in a case involving a conspiracy to smuggle illegal drugs and other contraband into the Greene County Jail. Buskirk alleged that while visitors were in his residence, including Heather Yake, who was also arrested and accused of being involved in the same conspiracy, three prescriptions went missing from the entertainment center including one for 10 50-mg. fentanyl patches worth $250. According to the police report, Yake and another suspect were both interviewed and said Buskirk had sold the prescriptions to them. Yake was arrested on Feb. 1 when she checked in to the Greene County Jail. She allegedly was attempting to carry illegal drugs on her and was arrested. Buskirk reported the alleged theft on Feb. 3.
* Feb. 24 -- Kevin L. Corns, 25, Linton, was taken into custody at approximately 1 a.m. in Linton. While LPD Officer Thomas Jerrels was investigating an unrelated incident, he came into contact with Corns and ran a check on his information through LPD dispatch. There was a valid warrant issued by the Indiana Department of Corrections for the arrest of Corns on a parole violation. Corns was transported to the Greene County Jail where he was being held without bond.
* Feb. 23 -- Celestina Feliu, speeding
* Feb. 23 -- William M. Lucas, speeding and no license when required
* Feb. 23 -- Timothy P. Wilkinson, speeding
The following citations were all issued at WalMart:
* Feb. 23 -- James M. Schubla, parking
* Feb. 23 -- Peggy R. Hester, parking
* Feb. 23 -- Robin Cliff, parking
* Feb. 23 -- Ali Eichorst, parking