* Feb. 24 -- Russell Alsman, 23, Linton, was arrested on a preliminary charge of possession of marijuana and was released later the same day on $1,000 bond. He is scheduled to appear in court on March 7. Linton Police Officer Nick Yingling was the arresting officer.
* Feb. 24 -- Phillip Duzan, 29, was arrested on a warrant issued out of Knox County. He was being held without bond. Indiana State Police Trooper Adam Davis was the arresting officer.
* Feb. 24 -- Harold Alsman, 24, Sandborn, was arrested on preliminary charges of possession of methamphetamine, possession of paraphernalia, and possession of precursors with the intent to manufacture. He was being held without bond. Linton Police Officer Nick Yingling was the arresting officer.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log for Thursday included one follow-up investigation, one request for information only, two assists to the utility department after hours, two drug investigations, one civil complaint, one structure fire, two medical/illness, one alarm, two complaints about animals, one assist to another agency, one extra patrol, one theft, one arrest-wanted on warrant, one ordinance violation and two traffic stops.
* Feb. 4 -- A resident reported an incident of criminal mischief occurred around 1:15 p.m. near Burger King. They were in their vehicle and said a person from the vehicle in front of them got out and jumped on their vehicle. They started to punch their windshield but then got back in their own vehicle and sped away. LPD Officer Nick Yingling was the arresting officer.
* Feb. 9 -- A man reported that a rock was thrown through a window of his residence on RR 3 sometime between 12:35-1:50 a.m. LPD Officer Thomas Jerrels was the investigating officer.
* Feb. 9 -- A female resident on SE K St. reported an incident of criminal mischief occurred at an unknown time on Feb. 7. The woman said she noticed a screen was cut on a Sunday then on Monday, she saw that the window was broken and the front door had pry marks on it. LPD Officer Debbie McDonald was the investigating officer.
* Feb. 9 -- A resident on NW K St. reported the theft of mail that she said was removed from her mailbox. She said no mail had been received between Feb. 4-9 and they believed someone was taking the mail out of their mailbox. LPD Det. Duane Collenbaugh was the investigating officer.
* Feb. 11 -- James R. Shelton, 19, Linton, was arrested at his residence on a warrant issued for a petition to revoke his probation on a conviction of theft, a class A misdemeanor. He was taken into custody by LPD Officer Wayman J.R. Blazier assisted by Officer Randy Garrison and transported to the Greene County Jail where he has been held without bond. His next scheduled day in court is March 15.
* Feb. 24 -- A drive-off theft of fuel was reported by the Chuckles gas station on NE A St. At approximately 2:49 p.m. someone pulled up in a white Lincoln, pumped $43.12 worth of gas then left the station without paying. LPD Officer Nick Yingling was the investigating officer.
* Feb. 24 -- Russell Alsman, no or improper signal, driving while suspended