* March 7 -- Dale D. Stienstra, 29, Hymera, was arrested on a preliminary charge of possession of a handgun without a license. He was released on $1,000 bond and scheduled to appear in court on March 18. Jasonville Police Officer Ryan Van Horn was the arresting officer.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department's activity log for Monday included one request for information, two assists to the utility department after hours, one utility repair, three accidents with property damage, one medical/illness, one complaint about an animal, one theft, one welfare check/concern, one ordinance violation and one traffic stop.
* March 7 -- An out-of-town man reported that a Carhart jacket, an orange sweatshirt, a safety vest, identification cards and some cash were stolen out of his unlocked vehicle that was parked on SE 1st St. on March 6. LPD Det. Sgt. Keith McDonald is the investigating officer.
* March 5 -- Jason L. Kopp, parking
* March 6 -- Kristina M. Vestal, parking
* March 6 -- Dorthy Lee, parking