* April 1 -- Police responded to an accident involving two vehicles at the intersection of State Road 59S and Vincennes St. shortly after 3 p.m. One vehicle, a white 2005 Ford F150 truck driven by William E. Brown, 34, of Freedom, was northbound on SR59 approaching the intersection. Another vehicle, a maroon 2001 Buick four-door driven by Vickie Keene, 57, of Linton, was eastbound on Vincennes St. and turned south onto Main St./SR59. According to the police report, Keene said her visor had fallen and she was unable to see, and when she went to fix it, she swerved over into the other lane and was unable to turn and avoid hitting Brown's truck. Both vehicles had damage to the front on the driver's side. Brown's truck was undriveable and had to be towed from the scene. Total damage caused by the crash was estimated between $10,000-25,000. Both drivers were wearing seatbelts and no injuries were reported. LPD Officer Nick Yingling was the investigating officer.
* April 2 -- A drive-off theft of fuel at 2:30 p.m. was reported by the Chuckles gas station. An employee said an older model white pickup truck pulled in and pumped $25 worth of gas then left without paying. LPD Officer Nick Yingling was dispatched and was able to locate the suspect who then returned to the gas station and paid for the gas. The suspect said he had put his credit card in and thought the charge had gone through.
* April 3 -- A resident on NE 4th St. reported the theft of a bicycle worth approximately $100. The bike had a bright orange detailed design on the middle part of the body, two new peddles, pegs and blinking red lights. The bike was outside of the residence and was taken sometime between March 28-April 1. LPD Officer Nick Yingling was the investigating officer.
* April 3 -- A male resident reported the theft of clothes worth about $600, toys worth about $300 and children's clothes worth about $500. According to the police report, he said he left the items with a friend when he left to work out of town then someone took the items sometime between March 29 and April 3. LPD Officer Nick Yingling is the investigating officer.
* April 3 -- Cheryl Rita Marie Denise Byrd, 28, of Linton, was taken into custody at a residence at SE K St. and SE 5th St. at 2:10 a.m. A bench warrant was issued for her arrest after a petition to revoke her probation was filed against her on an original conviction for battery resulting in bodily injury and battery with a deadly weapon. LPD Officer Debbie McDonald, the arresting officer, found Byrd hiding in a closet inside the residence. She was then transported to the Greene County Jail without incident. Other officers who assisted on the scene included LPD Cpl. Paul F. Clark II and Officer Clayton Kendall.