LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department activity log for June 14 included: One public intoxication case, three animal complaints, three theft cases, one domestic dispute, one ordinance violation and four traffic stops.
* June 14 -- LPD arrested 24-year-old Joshawa S. Collins, of Dugger, on a preliminary charge of public intoxication. Police found Collins sitting on a picnic table in Humphreys Park. He was administered a portable breath test (PBT) and registered .30 BAC. Due to his high intoxication level, he was transported to Greene County General Hospital in Linton where he was administered a blood test and registered .358 BAC (blood/alcohol content). He was admitted to the hospital. The legal level of intoxication in the state is .08 BAC.
* June 14 -- The LPD investigated the theft of a 20" BMX style bicycle from the front yard at Route 4, Linton. The bike is silver/orange colored with a missing front reflector.
* June 14 -- The LPD investigated the theft of a four-burner black and gray colored LP outdoor grill from a residence on East Vincennes Street. The reporting party told police that his ex-girlfriend may have taken the grill after she moved out. The grill was acquired while the two were living together, according to the police report.
GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S
DEPARTMENT JAIL LOG
* June 15 -- Cathy M. Chesterfield, 30, of Linton, was arrested on two writs of attachment by the Linton Police Department. She is being held on $1,500 cash only bond
* June 13 -- Billy L. Utt, 30, of Linton, was arrested by the Linton Police Department on a probation violation warrant. His original charge was battery by bodily waste on law enforcement -- a class D felony. No bond set pending a court appearance.