GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT JAIL LOG
* Sept. 4 -- Brian J. Smith, 44, Worthington, was arrested by the Greene County Sheriff's Department on a preliminary charge of pointing a firearm. He was released from jail after posting $4,000 bond. Court date set for Sept. 12.
* Sept. 4 -- Jerry D. Smallwood, 60, of Sevierville, Tenn., was arrested by the Greene County Sheriff's Department on a warrant charging him with theft. Bond set at $4,000.
* Sept. 4 -- John Vermuelen, 56, Bloomfield, was arrested by the Bloomfield Police Department on preliminary charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated, operating a vehicle while intoxicated in a manner endangering another person. Bond set at $5,000.
* Sept. 4 -- Tyler J. Richardson, 21, of Jasonville, was arrested by the Greene County Sheriff's Department on a preliminary charge of resisting law enforcement. Released from jail after posting $1,000 bond. Court date set for Sept. 9.
* Sept. 2 -- Donald R. Rollins, 40, of Newberry, was arrested by the Greene County Sheriff's Department on preliminary charges of burglary, attempted theft, possession of marijuana, and resisting law enforcement. Bond set at $16,000.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT ACTIVITY REPORT
The Linton Police Department log for Sept. 2-6 included: One breaking-and-entering case, three fights, two vandalism cases, one sex offense case, one death investigation, two civil complaint, one structure fire, one brush fire, five property damage accidents, three animal complaints, two prowler cases, one child abuse/molest/neglect case, one harassment case, one intoxicated driver, one theft case, one motor vehicle theft, three domestic disputes and 21 traffic stops.
* Sept. 3 -- Chuckles Service Station reported a small black truck drove off without paying for $20.05 worth of gasoline.
* Sept. 4 -- LPD investigated what was thought to be a vehicle theft from the Moose Lodge parking lot on First Street SW. The vehicle, a gray-colored 1994 Chevy truck, was found a short time later on the other side of the Moose building where he left it.
* Sept. 4 -- LPD investigated a criminal mischief case involving several youngsters -- aged 7 or 8 -- who were observed throwing rocks through the windows of a vacant residence and garage just west of Allen's Motel. Juveniles were caught and released to their parents.
* Sept. 5 -- A resident reported that the windshield in a 2000 Ford sedan was broken out while parked behind the Palace Bar on West Vincennes Street.
* Sept. 6 -- A 7th Street SE resident reported that four tire valve stems were cut and the tires were flat on a 1995 Lincoln.
* Sept. 4 -- Jean M. Ellis, speeding.