LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
* Joshua G. Adams of Linton reported to the LPD that he left his Craftsman chainsaw at a friend's residence because he was doing work in the back yard at that location. The chainsaw was in a black case, and it contained extra service tools and a ratchet with a half-inch socket. Adams said when he went to pick up the equipment Monday it was missing. Chad Crynes was the investigating officer.
* Two drivers were backing out of their driveways on opposite sides of the street Sunday at 12:30 p.m. when they ran into each other. April D. Gambill said she did not see the other vehicle, driven by William P. O'Grady, when she began to back up. O'Grady said he saw the other vehicle and used his horn in an attempt to get her attention, but that failed to avoid the collision, according to a report filed by investigating officer Paul Clark. No injuries were reported.
* LPD officer Wayman Blazier reported that Saxon Ross of Linton approached him at the Linton vs. North Daviess football game at Roy Williams Field on Friday night and said someone had taken his black wallet out of his vehicle sometime during the game. Ross said there were two bank cards from Crane Credit Union in the wallet. He also told Blazier there was no money in the wallet.
* Shauna Kendall of Linton reported to LPD officer Paul Clark that her 2002 Toyota Tacoma was parked in the city's free parking lot at 1st Street NE and A Street NE overnight (Sept. 3-4) and one of her rear windows was broken. There also appeared to be dirty footprints in the truck bed.
* Patti Jones of Linton Sporting Goods reported to LPD officer Paul Clark that sometime after the store closed Sept. 23 at 6 p.m. and 10 a.m. on Sept. 24 someone shot the front window of her business. According to Clark's report, the shot appeared to come from a BB gun.
* Julia K. Greentree of Bloomfield told LPD officer Paul Clark that she was watching a friend's child at Humphreys Park on Saturday when the child sat a phone down on a bench and when she returned it was gone. It was a Verizon phone in a pink case and belonged to the child's parent.
William T. Labaume, illegal parking at school
Linda Lou Goodman, illegal parking at school
Bennie R. Hanna, illegal parking at school
Roger Markle, illegal parking at school
Chad O. Stowell, illegal parking at school
GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S
DEPARTMENT JAIL LOG
* Sept. 26 -- Joseph S. Gibson, 30, Route 2, Linton was arrested by the Greene County Sheriff's Department on a warrant to revoke a suspended sentence on a burglary conviction. No bond set.