GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT JAIL LOG
* May 30 ---- Allen L. Nelson, 25, of Linton, was arrested by the Linton
City Police Department on preliminary charges of residential entry, battery with injury. Bond set at $5,000.
* May 29 ---- Justin Helms, 19, of Switz City, was arrested by the Linton City Police Department on a preliminary charge of theft. Bond set at $4,000.
* May 29 ---- Steven L. Phillips, 41, of Linton, was arrested by the Linton City Police Department on a preliminary charge of operating a vehicle while intoxicated. Released after posting $4,000 bond. Court date set for 1 p.m. on June 4.
* May 29 ---- Brandon R. Frye, 24, of Route 3, Linton, was arrested by the Linton City Police Department on a preliminary charge of driving while suspended with a prior conviction. Released after posting $1,000 bond. Court date set for 1 p.m. on June 4.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT ACTIVITY LOG
The Linton Police Department activity log for May 29 included: One fraud case; one illegal burn; one follow up investigation; one disorderly conduct case; one intimidation case; one fire; one animal complaint; three suspicious vehicles/persons; two theft cases; one battery case; and nine traffic stops.
* May 30 ---- LPD investigated a case at 12:50 a.m. on A Street NE. Allen Lee Nelson, 25, of Linton, allegedly knocked loudly on two different doors of the apartment.
The resident then called 911. While she was on the phone with police, Nelson allegedly kicked in the side door and entered the residence, according to a report filed by LPD Officer Debbie J. McDonald-Miller.
Nelson was arrested and faces a preliminary charge of residential entry ---- a class D felony; and battery with injury ---- a class A misdemeanor.