[Nameplate] Light Rain ~ 68°F  
Severe Thunderstorm Watch
Sunday, May 1, 2016

Early morning fire guts Linton mobile home

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

(Photo)
Firefighters were called to his mobile home residence of Rhoda Byers at 149 SE 7th Street at 4:09 a.m. Tuesday after a neighbor reported the blaze to authorities.
(By Nick Schneider) [Order this photo]
An early Tuesday morning fire gutted a mobile home in Linton.

Firefighters were called to the Rhoda Byers residence at 149 SE 7th Street at 4:09 a.m. after a neighbor reported the blaze to authorities.

Linton Fire Department Chief Brad Sparks said the cause of the fire is undetermined and under investigation.

The fire chief told the Greene County Daily World that no one was home when the fire broke out.

"The front end was engulfed when we got there," Sparks said. "It was pretty well a total loss. They lost everything."

Byers lived in the residence with her 19-year-old daughter.

Sparks said the 12 feet by 65 feet mobile home is owned by Byers' mother, Rhoda Ravellette.

Firefighters were on the scene for about 2 1/2 hours.

No injuries were reported.



Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: