GREENE COUNTY SHERIFF'S
DEPARTMENT JAIL LOG
* July 12 ---- Brian L. Talley, 53, of Worthington, was arrested by the Worthington Police Department on a work release program violation. No bond set pending a court appearance.
* July 12 ---- Michelle L. Caldwell, 37, of Solsberry, was arrested by the Greene County Sheriff's Department on a warrant for failure to appear in court. Bond set at $5,000.
* July 12 ---- Kerri Frye Nelson, 38, of rural Bloomfield, was arrested by the Bloomfield Police Department on a warrant charging her with theft and fraud of a financial institution. Released after posting $14,000 bond. Court date set for 9 a.m. July 18.
* July 12 ---- Jesse R. Luman, 27, of Sullivan, was arrested by the Indiana State Police on a Knox County warrant. Released to Knox County authorities.
* July 12 ---- Stephen M. King, 39, of Dugger, was arrested by the Linton Police Department on a preliminary charge of resisting law enforcement. Released after posting $1,000 bond. Court date is set for 8:30 a.m. on July 20.
LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Linton Police Department activity log for July 12 included: One property damage traffic accident; two animal complaints; one child abuse/molest/neglect case; one domestic dispute; one battery case; and two traffic stops.
* July 12 -- LPD officer Brock Garrison conducted a traffic stop for an equipment violation at State Road 54 and County Road 140N about 10:55 p.m.
The driver, Stephen M. King, 39, of Dugger, allegedly became verbally abusive to officers on the scene. When he was asked to exit his pickup, he allegedly refused. After three refusals, officers attempted to remove him from the vehicle.
King allegedly resisted and started to yell very loudly at officers, according to an LPD news release. He was finally restrained and transported to the Greene County Jail.
King faces a preliminary charge of resisting law enforcement. He was released after posting $1,000 bond.
He is scheduled in court for an initial hearing at 8:30 a.m. July 20.