The Greene County Recorder's Office is providing a new online service that will give the public the ability to have their name and property monitored within the county recorder's office in order to track possible fraudulent activity. It's called "Property Fraud Alert."
Those who sign up for the service will be notified by email or phone whenever a name they have submitted is used in any recording activities within the county recorder's office.
Greene County Recorder Stuart Dowden said protecting consumers' information and real estate property are top priorities and more vigilance is required now than at any time in the past.
"Fraud and identity theft are commonplace problems in today's world," said Dowden. "While 'Property Fraud Alert' does not prevent fraud from happening, it will provide an early warning system that will allow our citizens to take appropriate actions should it occur."
Property Fraud Alert -- What is it?
* PFA is an Internet-based service that notifies citizens each time there is recording activity with their name on the respective documents
* PFA is subscription based via a web site
* Alert notifications are sent via email or phone contact
* PFA product and service are managed and maintained by Fidlar Technologies
Property Fraud Alert -- Features
* Quick access to website -- www.propertyfraudalert.com
* Easy for citizens to subscribe (both personal and business names accepted)
* Flexible alert notification methods -- email or phone contact
* Alert notification is sent immediately after a name match occurs
* Alert notification contains the document record details
* A "Next-Steps" Alert suggests website link for citizens to review