HOBBIEVILLE---- A Center Township family had their home destroyed by a Thursday morning fire.
Center Fire Department responded to the structure fire of a mobile home on Hobbieville Road at approximately 11:16 a.m.
Upon arrival, heavy fire and smoke was showing from the mobile home owned by Charles and Melissa Porter, according to Center Township Fire Chief Jeremy Inman.
"Center Fire Department had two fire engines on scene in four minutes from dispatch, but because of the age of the mobile home the fire rapidly spread to the entire house. The home was a total loss and the all of the owner's belongings were lost," Inman told the Greene County Daily World.
The fire is believed to have been caused by the wood stove, but fire officials returned to the scene Friday for further investigation.
Center Fire Department was assisted by Owensburg Fire, Eastern Fire, Van Buren Fire and Greene County Ambulance.
One Center Township firefighter, Lt. A.J. Bowers, was slightly injured and transported by a fire rescue unit to IU Health Bloomington Hospital where he was treated and released.
Inman said the Porter family is in need of clothing for the family, including sizes: 18 month (Boy); 8-10 (Girls); 12-14 (Boys); 12-14 (Girls); size 5 women's jeans; size 36x32 men's jeans; men's XL shirt; size 7 women's pants; women's size small shirt.
Anyone wanting to make a donation can contact the American Red Cross disaster relief coordinator Dave Neal at (812) 798-6012.