* There will be a Painting Class featuring Acrylic Snow Scene at Carnegie Heritage and Arts Center at 6:30 p.m. The cost is $12 per person for ages 10 and over. Call 812-910-0472 to register or for more information.
* The Orange, Lawrence, Jackson, Martin and Greene Joint Services Superintendent's Governing Board meeting will be held in the Joint Service conference room, located at 1401 Fifteenth St., Bedford, Ind. The executive session will be held at 9:30 a.m. and the open session at 10 a.m.
* The Linton-Stockton Board of School Trustees will have two work sessions today, the first at 1:30 p.m. and the second at 6 p.m., both in the administration office.
Thursday, Dec. 13
* Linton Lodge No. 560 will be having a FC Degree. We will eat at 6 p.m. and work will begin at 7 p.m.
* The Jasonville Senior Center will be hosting the annual Christmas event and December birthday party at the center. Master's Bouqet will provide musical entertainment at 11 a.m. Dinner will be served at noon. The meats, beverage and tableware will be provided. Visitors are encouraged to bring a salad, side dish or dessert. Bingo will be played in the afternoon.
* The MSD of Shakamak Board of School Trustees will be holding the regularly scheduled monthly meeting at 7 p.m. in the junior/senior high school media center. There will be an executive session at 6:30 p.m. in the Central Office Conference Room.
* The regular monthly meeting of the Greene County Sheriff's Merit Board will meet at 6 p.m. in the conference room at the Greene County Jail, located at 204 CR 70 E, at the east edge of Bloomfield.
Friday, Dec. 14
* Linton Moose will have a steak, pork chop and shrimp dinner from 5 to 7 p.m. The public is invited.
* The Linton Public Library will be closing at 2 p.m. today.
Saturday, Dec. 15
* Bloomfield High School Homecoming will take place in the Glover Gymnasium. Crowning ceremonies will take place between the JV and Varsity games. Alumni from years ending in "3" will be honored at half-time of the varsity game. Homecoming activities include a school parade and pep session, dress up days and a Karaoke night.
* Pleasantville United Methodist Church choir will present a Christmas Cantata at 7 p.m.
Sunday, Dec. 16
The Bloomfield First Baptist Church Adult Choir and Kingdom Kids will be presenting the annual Christmas Program, beginning at 6 p.m. with classical selections, including several pieces from Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite, performed by IU music students featuring the piano, guitar and cello. The Kingdom Kids Choir will sing a host of familiar Christmas tunes. The evening will feature the cantata "A Manger Suite" by Michael W. Smith along with several other music selections. There will be a reception immediately following in the Fellowship Hall which will consist of a wide selection of tasty delights and a time of fellowship. Invite your friends and family and come join us as we celebrate Christ's birth with our music! Bloomfield First Baptist Church is located at 500 Lincoln Drive, Bloomfield.
* The Bloomfield First Christian Church will present SILENT NIGHT! HOLY NIGHT! The miraculous story of Jesus' birth in music and word at 6:30 p.m. The church, located at the corner of Spring and Jefferson in Bloomfield, welcomes all to enjoy this inspirational Christmas Cantata and stay for fellowship following the presentation.
Monday, Dec. 17
* The Linton-Stockton Board of School Trustees will meet at 6 p.m. in executive session, and will be followed at 7:30 p.m. by the regular school board meeting.
Wednesday, Dec. 19
* The Bloomfield-Eastern Greene County Public Library will have a Holiday Tots Time for ages 2-3 years at 10:30 a.m. No registration required. Note: If Bloomfield Schools are delayed or canceled due to weather, storytime will also be canceled.
* Lyons United Methodist church is having a Christmas program at 6:30 p.m., "I'm Praying For A White Christmas." Refreshments following the program. Everyone welcome.
Thursday, Dec. 20
* The Greene County Republican Party will be caucusing at the Bloomfield High Rise for the Worthington Town Board at 5:30 p.m. with the District I County Council Replacement Caucus to begin at 6 p.m. Anyone interested in submitting their mnames for consideration must complete a declaration of candidacy form at the court house. For more information contact Pam Yoho at 227-0550 or Otto Prow at 325-7814.
* The Bloomfield-Eastern Greene County Public Library will have Preschool Storytime at 10:30 a.m. for children ages 4 -- 6 years. The theme will be "trees" and Mrs. Claus will come by to share some stories with the children. No registration required. Note: If Bloomfield Schools are delayed or canceled due to weather, storytime will also be canceled.
* The Lyons Senior Center will host the Country Travellers Band from 5 to 8 p.m.
* The Roosevelt Mission Christmas Party for Needy Kids will take place at 7 p.m. at the 89 E. Vincennes St. location. To sign up, visit the mission between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday until Dec. 18. In order to prepare for the event, the mission is seeking donations of toys, stuffed animals, cookies, volunteers and monetary donations. The part will give presents to around 70 children ranging from newborn to 12-years-old that are not eligible for Toys for Tots. The mission will also need help wrapping presents Tuesday and Wednesday. For more information contact the Rev. Jerry French at 847-8110.
Friday, Dec. 21
* Everyone is welcome to the Mineral Church at 7 p.m. for the Christmas Program.
* The Linton-Stockton Junior Class is holding a fundraiser for the 2014 grand march and post prom. Jennie Sparks hand-made a stuffed Linton Miner Winter/Christmas Snowman. The junior class is selling raffle tickets in order to win the Snowman. Tickets are $1 a piece or six for $5. If you would like to purchase a ticket, please contact either Tami Sparks at 798-5277 or Olivia Sparks at 798-4710. The drawing will be held on Friday, Dec. 21st and the snowman can be delivered to your home in time for Christmas.
Sunday, Dec. 23
* The Linton 12th Street Church of God will have a candle light service, children's play and communion starting at 6 p.m.
* The Lyons First Christian Church will be presenting a Christmas cantata at 10:30 a.m.
Monday, Dec. 24
* The First Baptist Church in Edwardsport, will be holding a Christmas Eve Service, starting at 6:30 p.m.
* The Lyons First Christian Church will be holding a Christmas Eve Service, starting at 7 p.m.
Monday, Dec. 31
* The First Baptist Church in Edwardsport will have having a New Year's Eve Watch party, starting at 8 p.m. The evening will include music by Circle of Friends, For Heavan's Sake, and others. Light refreshments will be available all evening in the Fellowship Hall. Everyone is welcome. Come help us usher in the new year.
* There will be a series of free health and wellness classes using do Terra Essential Oils. Dec. 12 will be infant to teen health; Jan. 21 will be weight management and nutrition; Feb. 11 will be Women's Health; March 18 will be detox and cleanse. The classes will be held in the Jaycee Building in Bloomfield on Lincoln Street. For more information contact Claire at 812-227-1059.
* Generations' AngelWorx will be sponsoring the 4th annual Build-a-Basket to help provide for the basic needs of clients. Suggested basket items can include paper towels, dish soap, shampoo and conditioner, laundry detergent, calendar and much more. Items should be placed in a laundry basket, trash can or storage tub. Boxes can be dropped off until Dec. 14. Call Alma Kramer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 812-888-4527. Baskets can be dropped off at Bloomfield Senior Housing Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.; Jasonville Senior Center Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8 a.m. to noon; and Linton Glenburn Community and Wellness Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
* The 2013 Friends of Goose Pond calendar is now available. Calendars may be purchased at the GPFWA office from 8A-3P M-F. Cost is $10. Calendars may also be ordered (+S&H) via email sent to email@example.com
* The Linton Public Library now has Kill A Watt Meters available for patron checkout. Use these meters to track the energy use of household appliances in your home and to determine the actual cost of power consumed. Meters donated by REMC.
* The Lewis Township Ministerial Association will present a series of Advent Services, at 7 p.m. for each scheduling : Thurdsay, Nov. 29 at Coalmont Church of God; Wednesday, Dec. 5 at Wilson General Baptist; Wednesday, Dec. 12 at Shakamak Community Church; Wednesday, Dec. 19 at Friendly Grove Baptist Church.
* Linton Tri Kappa has cheese balls for sale. Cheese balls rolled in pecans are $6.50 and plain cheese balls are $6. Contact Jessica Shake at 384-5911, Lisa Steward at 847-7319, Beth Gillan at 847-2010, or any Tri Kappa member to order.
* In order to raise funds for the prospective splash pad at Linton's Humphreys Park there will be calendars representing Old Time Linton for sale for $10. The calendars will be available at Shield's Hardware, Markle Music and Linton Saron Church. For more information call 847-7345.
* The Worthington American Legion Auxiliary Unit No. 106 will host Bingo every Friday night. Doors will open at 4 p.m. and Bingo will start at 6:15 p.m. We have everything you need to play, including game sheets and daubers. Food is available for sale during each session.
* The Children's Organ Transplant Association (COTA) is in search of donations for a life-saving heart transplant for Katelyn Newell. Any donations can be sent to Children's Organ Translpant Association, 2501 W. COTA Drive, Bloomington, Ind. 47403. Checks or money orders should be made payable to COTA, with "In honor of Katelyn N" in the memo line. Donations can also be made online at www.COTAforKatelynN.com.
* The Bloomfield Eastern Greene Public Library will be hosting a banned book club the first Friday of every month at 5 p.m. in the Community Room.
* The Worthington Senior Center will be hosting a Euchre Tournament Tuesday nights at 6:30 p.m.
* Greene County Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry (FHFH) Ministry is holding a Deer Drive this year to help fight hunger in Greene County. Each deer donated enters you for a chance to win a tree stand. All processing fees are paid for by FHFH. All you need to do is take your harvested deer to Bloomfield Processing Inc., located on HWY 54 West of Bloomfield and tell them you want to donate it to FHFH. All donated deer are processed into one pound packages of ground burger, then distributed to local food pantries and feeding missions. For more information please contact Brady Miller at 812-876-9699, call Bloomfield Processing 812-384-4512 for business hours during season. Food pantries please call Brady Miller if you would like some of the donated venison for your feeding ministry. Anyone wishing to donate funding to help us pay for the processing can also contact Brady Miller.
* The Linton Public Library is now operating at its winter hours: Monday through Thursday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Friday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Sunday closed.
* The Worthington First Baptist Church, located at the corner of Park and Dayton Sts., will host youth groups every Tuesday from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Kid's Club (4-years-old to fifth grade) will meet in the church and Four12 (sixth to 12th grade) will meet in the fellowship hall. For more information call 798-2870 or 798-2871.
* Worthington First Baptist Church will offer four women's studies a month, starting in October. Studies will include Nearing Home, Taming the Tongue, So long and Security, and Expecting to see Jesus. Please contact Joyce Ann for more information at 798-2871.
* The Worthington Senior Center will start a Euchre Club on Tuesday nights at 7 p.m. The club will play 10 to 12 games each night.
* Mercy's Road Full Gospel Church services will be each Thursday at 7 p.m. at Coalmont Church. Call 699-1095 for more information.
* Bloomfield American Legion Memorial Post No. 196 is hosting Bingo every Thursday night at 5 p.m., with winner take all.
* Taylor Township Board will host its regular meetings on the second Wednesday of each month at 6 p.m. at the Scotland Fire Station beginning in May.
* The VFW Ladies Auxiliary Post 7118 of Linton will meet the first Monday of each month.
* Bloomfield-Eastern Greene County Public Library will be selling audio books on cassette for 50 cents each. You will find the books upstairs in the main library, located at 125 S. Franklin St. in Bloomfield. Books may be opened any time the library is open. Operating hours are Monday-Thursday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* Pastor Samuel Hill invites you to a gospel singing at Hobbieville Christian Church the second Saturday of each month at 6 p.m. Different groups will sing each week. There will be food served and a good time of fellowship.
* A steering committee has been meeting in an effort to form an Eastern Greene Alumni Association. There is now an alumni tab on the school's website, www.egreene.k12.in.us. For those without Internet access, registration forms are available in the district's central office. For more information call (812) 825-5722.
* The Alzheimer's Support Group will meet the first Monday of each month at the Switz City Christian Church at 6 p.m. If you have any questions please call Linda at 798-1589.
* The Hobbieville Christian Fellowship Church will host a gospel sing the second Saturday of each month at 6 p.m. There will be food served.
* Meals on Wheels is now available at the Lyons Senior Citizens Center starting at 11:30 a.m. Please call 847-3509 the day before you plan to attend. For those who are homebound and need meals delivered, call 2-1-1 or 1-800-742-9002.
* Books for Babies is a national literacy program that acquaints parents and newborns with the important role they play in the development of their children. Parents are presented with a Books for Babies kit containing a book, baby's first library card and brochures with reading tips for parents and caregivers. If you are a new mother and a resident of Greene County in one of the following townships -- Richland, Highland, Taylor, Beech Creek, Center or Jackson -- you are eligible for a free gift for you and your baby. Please bring your baby in "to show him/her off" to the circulation desk in the Bloomfield-Eastern Greene County Public Library, 125 Franklin St. in Bloomfield to receive your free gift.
* Bingo at the American Legion in Worthington is on Fridays. Doors open at 4:30 p.m. with games at 6:15 p.m. This is open to the public. Cost is $30 for 15 games All proceeds go to the Worthington American Legion. This event is non-smoking with breaks made for smokers to go outdoors.
* A 12-Step Overcomers Recovery Support meeting is every Wednesday at the Family Life Center on the east side of the square in Bloomfield from 7:30-8:30 p.m. Come and join us to overcome life-controlling problems of all sorts with Bible principles, prayer, memory verses and weekly support. Call Instructor Tom Jacob for more information at 384-6321.
* The Lyons Community Food Pantry at 150 East Broad Street (the old fire station) will be open from 4-6 p.m. the third Monday of every month, and the first Saturday of the month from 10 a.m. to noon. The pantry serves zip codes 47443, 47449, and 47465.
* The Worthington Park Board will host meetings at 6 p.m. on each first Wednesday of the month at the Worthington Municipal Building in downtown Worthington. The public is welcome to attend.
* Mineral United Methodist Church will have Bible study from 7 - 8 p.m. on the second, third and fourth Wednesdays of the month.
* Faith Community Church cookbooks are available for $10 and can be purchased at Richard Brown Insurance or call 847-4798.
* Hobbieville Christian Fellowship Church will have a gospel singing at 6 p.m. on the second Saturday of each month. The public is invited.
* The Back Door Food Pantry is open from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. on the third Saturday of the month.
* Narcotics Anonymous will meet Saturdays at 7 p.m. at the Trinity Lutheran Church on State Road 54 East. There will be open discussion and all are welcome.
* Lebanon Baptist Food Pantry will only be open on the fourth Thursday of each month from 6-7:30 p.m.
* The Refuge Assembly of God food pantry will be open every Wednesday from 1-5 p.m. to assist those living in Bloomfield. To donate, please contact Trina at 384-8093 during the pantry's open hours.
* The Mineral Christian Men's Group meets at 8 a.m. every third Saturday of the month at the Mineral Community Building.
* House of Grace Coffee House will offer fellowship, food, worship and youth classes. The church is located at 792 S. Section St. in Dugger.
* The Pleasantville United Methodist Church food pantry is now open on the second and fourth Saturdays of the month from 10:30 a.m. - noon.
* The Lyons First Christian Church youth group meets at 6 p.m. on Mondays at the church's East Broad Street location.