[Nameplate] Fair ~ 70°F  
High: 73°F ~ Low: 48°F
Sunday, May 1, 2016

Fire destroys garage in Linton

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The garage of a Linton residence has been deemed a total loss after it caught fire Tuesday night.

Linton Fire Chief Brad Sparks said the fire department was dispatched to the residence of Steve Wagner, located behind the old Morris Food building on the west side of Linton, around 7 p.m. to the garage fire.

The fire department was on scene until about 9 p.m.

"It looks to be an electrical undetermined, but nothing suspicious," Sparks said.

Sparks said while the garage was a total loss, the home was not damaged. The homeowner was able to salvage some items from the inside of the garage.

There were no injuries, Sparks said.



Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: