Fire destroys mobile home in Linton and smoke alarm aids in saving lives

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Linton Fire Department responded to a call late Tuesday morning at 11:09 a.m. off of State Road 54, near the Olive Branch Baptist Church where a mobile home caught fire.

At 11:13 a.m. when firefighters arrived at the scene, the fire had consumed the residence, but no injuries had been reported when the fire was cleared at 12:29 p.m.

The property was owned by Sally Howell and was used as a rental property.

Fire Chief Brad Sparks explained the occupants heard the fire alarm, which spurred the mother from her sleep and she was able to get her children outside before the fire overtook the residence.

"This is great case where the fire alarm was able to save lives," said Sparks.

The cause of the fire is thought to be electrical occurring around the air conditioning unit, but the Fire Marshall will be conducting an investigation later this week.

Also responding to the scene was Wright Township Fire Department.

Comments
View 1 comment
Note: The nature of the Internet makes it impractical for our staff to review every comment. Please note that those who post comments on this website may do so using a screen name, which may or may not reflect a website user's actual name. Readers should be careful not to assign comments to real people who may have names similar to screen names. Refrain from obscenity in your comments, and to keep discussions civil, don't say anything in a way your grandmother would be ashamed to read.
  • Do these people need assistance?

    -- Posted by graveytrain on Tue, Sep 2, 2014, at 11:46 PM
Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: