Shakamak Board accepts parking lot bid
The Shakamak School Board reviewed quotes for the softball, track and cross country parking lot.
Mike Mogan, Shakamak Superintendent, stated there were two bids for the project to expand the parking lot from Huddleston and APG.
The board unanimously voted on the package from APG due to a lower bid. Work is expected to begin in early September, with an assurance the project will be completed in a timely manner depending on the weather.
In other business, the board:
• Approved appointments for the 2017-2018 fiscal year.
• Approved textbook fees. Grades seven and eight will be seeing a slight increase due to purchasing new math books.
• Approved the employment of Ashley Beaman and Nila Smith as instructional assistants and Kenny Wade and Brian Pilant as bus drivers.
• Opened bread and milk bids from Prairie Farms and Aunt Millie’s. Bids will be presented to Tammy Street for review.
• Heard an update on summer projects. According to Mogan, projects are going smoothly.
• Mogan announced workers from Carlisle Correctional Facility will be working in the school from July 17 to July 28.
Mogan also added there will be a sale of surplus furniture in the elementary cafeteria Friday, July 14. Prices are $10 for student desks, $15 for chair/desk units and $25 for teacher desks. Cash or check will be accepted.
The board will next meet Thursday, Aug. 10 at 6 p.m. in the elementary media center.