County treasurer provides guidance for paying taxes
Greene County Treasurer Nicole Stahl offered tips for individuals who need to pay their taxes but are practicing social distancing in light of the recent pandemic.
"The talk of the Coronavirus pandemic is everywhere. People have strong opinions on 'Is it hysteria or hype?' The Greene County Treasurers Office wants you to know that we will remain open as long as the courthouse remains open to the public. Our priority is the health and safety of our taxpayers," Stahl wrote in a press release.
The Greene County Treasurers Office is urging everyone to please consider the following options when paying your taxes: (options 1-3 having no direct contact)
1. Pay online with an echeck for $1.50 or debit/credit card for a vendor fee of 2.5%. www.co.greene.in.us.
2. Pay through our automated phone system with an echeck for $1.50 or debit/credit card for a vendor fee of 2.5%. 1-877-690-3729. The jurisdiction code is 2443.
3. Pay via mail at 1 East Main Street Room 130, Bloomfield, IN 47424. If you include a self-addressed stamped envelope, we will return a receipt.
4. Owen County State Bank located in Bloomfield and Linton will accept your tax payment if they are open with a tax statement.
5. First Financial Bank located in Worthington will accept your tax payment if they are open beginning two weeks prior to the due date with a tax statement.
6. Farmers and Mechanics of Bloomfield will accept your tax payment if they are open beginning two weeks prior to the due date with a tax statement.
"We will be in the office collecting payments as always. We just want you, as the taxpayer, to be aware that there are other ways to pay your taxes that avoid contact with the public. We want you to feel safe and most of all remain healthy during this time of uncertainty," Stahl said.
Please call 812-384-4378 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.