Romans Warrior Foundation hosts first military unit reunionThis past weekend, the Romans Warrior Foundation hosted their first military unit reunion, inviting veterans from all over the country to come and share stories, connect and explore Greene County with their families and fellow veterans. The Romans Warrior Foundation started in 2016 “by accident,” Founder Brian Romans said, after a 250-pound deer knocked him off his motorcycle. ...
Floyd Chambers maintains 30 acre farmFloyd “Dean” Chambers might just be one of the hardest working residents of Greene County. At 92 years old, Chambers wakes up each morning to tend to his 30 acre farm about four miles north of Linton. Before buying the Greene County farm from his brother, Johnny, in 2009, he had a farm in Sullivan County...
DUCS JH/ HS Honor RollChloe Elizabeth Fish Arabella Adaline Howard Paisley Leilani Rash Emily Joanne Weiler Tucker Alen Wright Lane Garrett Felling Kyran Garrick Copp Summer Lynn Deschamp Arthur James Folkening Brooklyn Anne Frink Macee Jean Goddard Konnar Joseph Henico Victoria Rosalin Deyanira House...
- Donor center reports blood supply at critical low (10/21/20)
- Greene County Health Department observes COVID-19 increase (10/20/20)
- DUCS Elementary Honor Roll (10/20/20)
- Community Notes (10/20/20)
- Greene County jail log (10/20/20)
- Greene County man arrested for sex crimes (10/20/20)1
- Linton-Stockton finishes out first quarter strong (10/20/20)
- Volunteers needed to bring holiday cheer to Humphreys Park (10/20/20)
- Network looking at Linton to film new series; plans to feature GCGH (10/16/20)
- Greene County Health Department offering free flu shots (10/16/20)1
George Joseph HelmsGeorge Joseph Helms, 91, of Bloomfield, went to be with the Lord Tuesday, Oct. 20, 2020, at the Gibson Family Center for Hospice Care in Terre Haute. Born April 25, 1929, in Greene County, he was the...
Joe Michael (Mike) KelleyJoe Michael (Mike) Kelley, 77, of Tomball, Texas, formerly of Linton, passed away peacefully Sunday, Oct. 18, 2020, at his home, surrounded by his family. He was the son of Mildred (Kohr) Kelley...
Eleanor June (Mitchell) ShacklettEleanor June (Mitchell) Shacklett, 77, of Linton, passed away at 12:04 p.m. Monday, Sept. 28, 2020, in Regional Hospital in Terre Haute. She was born Oct. 23, 1942, in Greene County, to Lister D...
Jarrel Fred HelmsJarrel Fred Helms, 81, went to be with the Lord Monday, Oct. 19, 2020. He was born Aug. 10, 1939, in Bloomfield, to Fred and Bertha (Blaker) Helms. Survivors include his wife, Karlene Priest, whom he...
- Rogers earns honor for WRV SoccerWhite River Valley soccer player Jadon Rogers was named by the Indiana Soccer Coaches Association to the All-District second team. Rogers led the Wolverines in goals this season with 22 and had 11 assists. The All-District team is composed of 83 schools as Rogers is the first to be named to the team from WRV. On Oct. 10, WRV fell in the sectional final to South Knox 2-1. The Wolverines won 11 games in 2020 as it broke the school record for wins in a single season...
- 8 county runners advance to semistate (10/20/20)
- Linton stuffs Providence, Tell City looms (10/20/20)
- Eastern Greene carries losing skid into sectionals (10/20/20)
- Bloomfield advances, happy for full season (10/20/20)
- Linton-Stockton unable to break through No. 1 Barr-Reeve (10/20/20)
- Lakers blast Eels, play Clay City next (10/16/20)3
- Miners and Wolverines enjoy the added prep time (10/16/20)
Greene County Sports Video
Community NotesThe Linton Public Library Board of Trustees will meet at 5:30 p.m. at the library. There will be a celebration of life and military ceremony for Kevin Vaughn at 1 p.m. at American Legion Post in Lyons. Immediately following the ceremony there will be a chicken noodle dinner from 2 to 5 p.m. Proceeds will go towards funeral expenses...