Autumn Trace to hold Inaugural Picnic Party May 14Autumn Trace will hold an inaugural picnic party from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday, May 14. Everyone is invited to join residents and their families for live music, door prizes, refreshments and information about local resources for seniors. The event is free and open to the public...
GCSWMD advertises tire amnesty, part-time positionThe Greene County Solid Waste Management District (GCSWMD) met in regular session on Wednesday, April 28 at 9 a.m. in the Commissionersí Room on the third floor of the courthouse. Following a call to order and approval of minutes, Controller Matt Miller provided the board with a financial update...
Area Chambers of Commerce considering county-wide mergeThe Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce held their monthly board meeting at Open Arms Christian Ministriesí HEbron Home in Lyons on May 6 at 12 p.m. During the meeting, Bloomfield Chamber President Matt Montgomery shared the possibility of a future consolidation of area chambers...
- Jasonville Community Farmers Market begins Saturday (5/7/21)1
- Current CEO class will hold CEO Trade Show May 13 (5/6/21)
- LSSC cuts the ribbon on Career Connection Center (5/6/21)
- Johnson and Johnson single dose vaccine available (5/6/21)
- Greene County Foundation now accepting grant applications (5/5/21)
- Commissioners amend roofing contract as cost of materials rise (5/5/21)
- Bloomfield 2021 royalty crowned (5/5/21)
- Eastern Greene students presented with Thunderbird Awards (5/5/21)
- Current CEO class will hold CEO Trade Show May 13 (5/4/21)
- Bloomfield music teacher proposes campaign for auditorium (5/4/21)
Phyllis Lorene (Harper) ChipmanPhyllis Lorene (Harper) Chipman, 88, of Bloomfield, passed away at her home on May 7, 2021. She was the daughter of Lowell and Marjorie (Price) Harper. She was a homemaker and member of the Walnut...
David L. HandleyDavid L. Handley, 77, of Greencastle, formerly of Jasonville, passed away at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, November 3, 2020 in Waters of Greencastle. He was born August 13, 1943 in Ypsilanti, Mich. to Forest...
Rick L HudsonRick L Hudson, 68, of Bloomfield passed away Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at Bell Trace in Bloomington. Rick was born†August 17, 1952 to Rex and Shirley (Auten) Hudson. He married Nancy Jane (Floyd)...
Linton Police Department Activity logThe Linton Police Department responded to 37 incidents and calls for service April 30 to May 2, including four assists to other departments, three public relations, two fingerprintings, one extra patrol, three accidents, one domestic, one civil dispute, six suspicious, one theft, one title check, one warrant service, three welfare checks, one reckless driver and nine traffic stops...
Linton wins Count Meet
- Miners capture county meet as local teams look to improve for SWIACLinton rolled to Greene County Meet title in the girls event and held off Bloomfield in the boys Friday. Sophie Hale had the greatest number of points in the girls event as she won the 100 and 300 hurdles. Hale was also second in the long jump. Peyton Smith won the distance events in the 1600 and 3200 runs...
- Young Linton warming up at the plate (5/7/21)
- White River Valley and Eastern Greene split baseball and softball meetings (5/7/21)
- Scoreboard 5-6-21 (5/7/21)
- Bloomfield honors seniors in sweep of North Daviess (5/7/21)
- WRV goalkeeper ranks 10th in the nation for saves (5/7/21)
- Tributes pour in for Rick Hudson after his passing (5/6/21)
- Scoreboard 5-3-21 (5/4/21)
Greene County Sports Video