Misappropriation of over $200,000 for self-gain leads to arrestSullivan County - Indiana State Police Detective Brian Maudlin initiated a criminal investigation on March 6, 2021, after receiving information from a family member that Josie M. Huff, age 31, of Robinson, Ill., had allegedly misused and misappropriated funds for self-gain from the estate of her son, in the amount of $248,653.81. ...
Lt. Gov. Crouch and Indiana electric cooperatives discuss expanding broadband in rural IndianaAccording to a press release issued by her office, Lt. Gov. Suzanne Crouch joined Indiana electric cooperative leaders and community and industry partners from southern Indiana on July 29, 2021 to discuss broadband initiatives. The group discussed the impact cooperatives have on closing the rural digital divide, the different ways cooperatives are working to provide this essential service and the stories of how it is impacting their communities...
Linton man facing charges for rape, domestic batteryA Linton man, Gerald L. Thompson, 30, faces preliminary charges of Level 3 felony rape, Level 6 felony criminal confinement and Level 6 felony domestic battery. According to a probable cause affidavit filed by Detective Logan E. Hobbs of the Linton Police Department (LPD), the victim came to the LPD on July 21 around 12:50 a.m. to report they had been raped by Thompson just prior to the report...
- GCHD will offer free vaccinations at National Night Out (7/30/21)
- PACE to host tampon, pad drive (7/30/21)2
- FREE ACCESS: COVID-19 exposure at Linton restaurant (7/30/21)
- Linton woman arrested for sexual misconduct with minors (7/29/21)
- FREE ACCESS: Build, Learn, Grow scholarship program extended through March 2022 (7/28/21)
- Benjamin Harrison site announces $6 mil ‘Old Glory, New Vision’ campaign (7/28/21)
- UDWI REMC Community Fund helps Veterans Service Office (7/28/21)
- Community Notes (7/27/21)
- Business is booming in Bloomfield (7/26/21)3
- WRV prepares for 2021-22 school year with Return-to-School Plan (7/23/21)1
Jeffrey K. TeagueJeffrey K. Teague, 61, of Linton, passed away peacefully on July 30, 2021 at his sisters residence. Jeff received Jesus as his personal savior and was greeted by his parents and baby sister. He was...
Helen Allen ClarkHelen Allen Clark, 94, of Bloomfield passed away Wednesday, July 28, 2021 at Ketcham Memorial Center in Odon with her family by her side. Born March 2, 1927 in Casey County, Ky. the daughter of...
Ruby F. GrindstaffRuby F. Grindstaff, age 97, of Linton, passed away peacefully at 1:55 a.m. on Monday, July 26, 2021, at Greene County General Hospital in Linton. She was born in Greene County on September 22, 1923,...
Court News (7/19/21)CRIMINAL CASES Daniel E. Weibel, 20, Bicknell, Level 6 felony possession of a controlled substance SMALL CLAIMS Procol vs Ethan Bell Cory Lutz vs Theodore Townsend DISSOLUTIONS Suzette J. Just, Bloomfield and Robert Just Jr., Bloomfield Janquita Walleck, San Diego and Philip R. Walleck II, Linton...
Police LogsGreene County Sheriff’s Department Activity Log The Greene County Sheriff’s Department responded to 65 incidents and calls for service July 23-25, including one abandoned vehicle, four property damage accidents, one personal injury accident, one alarm, six animal complaints, five assists to other departments, five assists to the public, one attempt to locate, one civil dispute, two domestic disputes, one EMS, one extra patrol, one fire, one mental health issue, two noise complaints, one property damage, six reckless drivers, two road hazards, one sex offense, two attempted suicides,one suspicious, one theft, 2 transports, one trespass, three warrant services, two welfare checks and 10 traffic stops.. ...
- Eastern Greene alumna to be a Hall of FamerEastern Greene alumna to be a Hall of Famer Staff Report An Eastern Greene star volleyball player from the class of 2013 is going into the Hall of Fame of her college. Scottie Ingram was named to the Hall of Fame for Murray State athletics Thursday for her stellar volleyball career with the Racers...
- Two Linton players finish summer softball on a high note (7/29/21)
- Braden Scott still chasing his baseball dream (7/29/21)
- Shakamak alumnus named pitcher of the week (7/27/21)
- Linton volleyball wins academic award for a second consecutive year (7/26/21)
- From volleyball to being on call; Mia McDonald becomes the first woman on the Lyons Fire Department (7/26/21)1
- New Linton baseball coach thrilled for "dream job" (7/22/21)
- Summer scrimmages invigorate Miners (7/21/21)
- Business is booming in Bloomfield
- From volleyball to being on call; Mia McDonald becomes the first woman on the Lyons Fire Department
- WRV prepares for 2021-22 school year with Return-to-School Plan
- Linton woman arrested for sexual misconduct with minors
- FREE ACCESS: COVID-19 exposure at Linton restaurant
- German federal court sides with Lindt in gold bunny battle
- Woman convicted of swapping pebbles for gems in London heist
- Woman unaware she had $39M lottery ticket in purse for weeks
- Ranging Bull: 'Barney' eludes capture days after farm escape
- Crafty cockatoos master dumpster diving and teach each other