Lincoln Hale earns player of the week honorLinton senior Lincoln Hale is still earning recognition for his record setting performance in Saturday’s win over South Decatur. Hale was named player of the week by the Indiana Basketball Coaches Association. Hale is one of six honored this week as he represents District 3 for the boys...
Greene County Cookie Monsters treat frontline workersThroughout Greene County, freshly baked cookies are being delivered by the Greene County Cookie Monsters. The group, which was formed in the final week of December last year, is part of a larger organization called Cookies for Caregivers. Cookies for Caregivers was started by Jeremy Uhrich and Scott McKenzie of Huntingdon, Pennsylvania, when they started baking and delivering fresh cookies to frontline workers during the pandemic. ...
Lady Miners close regular season with three impressive wins, Shafford sets recordNo. 1 Linton-Stockton wanted to see how it could handle three games in the three days against quality teams and the Miners passed the test with flying colors. “Our girls want to play and the best thing for us is playing, Lets give us as much adversity as we can and see how we handle it,” Linton coach Jared Rehmel said...
- Greene County Humane Society to host fundraising event (1/26/21)
- Community Notes (1/26/21)
- Greene County Police Log (1/26/21)
- Red Cross hosting upcoming blood drive in Linton (1/26/21)
- GC Redevelopment assigns license to ISP (1/26/21)
- County Council holds board reorganization (1/25/21)
- Local man starts career with Indiana State Police (1/25/21)2
- Rash Hardware in Jasonville reopens (1/25/21)
- Tri Kappa offering scholarships to 2021 IU grad students (1/25/21)
- Fourth-grader Carson Albright wins 2021 Linton-Stockton Elementary Spelling Bee (1/22/21)4
Rhuanne CampbellRhuanne Campbell, 82, of Hymera, passed away on Jan. 25, 2021, while in the loving care of Mulberry Health in Mulberry, Indiana. She was born in Shelburn, on Feb. 19, 1938. Rhuanne was a 1956...
Beth Ann (McQueary) HardestyBeth Ann (McQueary) Hardesty, 60, of Jasonville, went home to be with the Lord at 4:03 p.m. Monday, Jan. 25, 2021, in Union Hospital in Terre Haute. She was born Oct. 5, 1960, in Connersville, to...
Connie Lee ParolaConnie Lee Parola, 81, of Linton, passed away at her residence Monday, Jan. 25, 2021. She was born in Linton, Oct. 20, 1939, the daughter of Maurice Duffroy and Virginia Lechien Duffroy. She was...
William L. “Lester” FlynnWilliam L. “Lester” Flynn, 81, of Koleen passed away Thursday Jan. 21, 2021, at Memorial Hospital in Jasper surrounded by his family. Born on Sept. 28, 1939, in Koleen, to Lowell and Clara V. (Page)...
Greene County Marriage Licenses (1/22/21)Justin David Pope, Bloomfield and Elani Faith Whitmer, Bloomfield Sean Michael Asher, Bloomfield and Katlyn Marie Holder, Bloomfield Joseph Kole Cralley, Bloomfield and Megan Ann Schwartz, Bloomfield Christian Michael Brunton, Linton and Macee Shae Kendall, Linton...
- Hale sets record at Battle at Memorial ShowcaseNo. 3 Linton in Class 2A had another record broken by senior Lincoln Hale this season as Hale had 48 points in Linton’s win over South Decatur. The Miners won 97-68 to move to 14-2 in a game that took place in the Battle at the Memorial Showcase at Southridge High School...
- Scoreboard 1-25-21 (1/25/21)
- Sectional brackets released in girls basketball (1/24/21)
- Bloomfield holds off Eastern Greene for second time this season (1/23/21)
- WRV honors Teddy York, fall to Cougars (1/23/21)
- Small crowds, big anger; IHSAA trying to protect referees in the pandemic, get postseason in (1/22/21)
- Scoreboard 1-22-21 (1/22/21)
- Bloomfield's Kylee Shelton signs with Vincennes for basketball (1/22/21)
Greene County Sports Video
Community NotesThe Bloomfield Board of School Trustees will meet in Regular Session at 7 p.m. in the Boardroom, 500 West South St., Bloomfield. The Linton-Stockton Board of School Trustees will have a work session starting at 5:30 p.m. The meeting will be held in the Administration Office, 801 1st St. NE...