FREE ACCESS: 2020 Lilly Scholarship openThe Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship for the class of 2020 will be open to applicants on Monday, August 12, 2019. The scholarship will be available to high school seniors, graduating in 2020, from any Greene County high school or residing in Greene County. Applications must be submitted by 11:59 pm on Friday, September 13. The application will be available online at the Greene County Foundation website, www.greenecountyfoundation.org...
Graduate Profile to focus on soft skills at LSSCEducation has always been a top priority at Linton-Stockton School Corporation, but a new program is geared toward ensuring students develop soft skills as well. “Linton-Stockton has always had good academic programs,” Superintendent Dr. Kathy Goad explained. ...
WRV Precision Machining Class holding car and motorcycle show fundraiser Aug. 24The White River Valley High School Manufacturing Club, made up of students from Matthew Birt’s Precision Machining class, will hold their second annual Cruise-In and Car Show on Saturday, Aug. 24 at WRV High School. Originally scheduled to take place May 4 of last school year, the event was rained out and rescheduled...
- Shakamak School Board approves increase in price of meals
- Community Notes (8/18/19)
- Bloomfield couple loses livelihood in fire (8/18/19)
- Community Notes (8/16/19)
- White River Valley High School making Fridays fun days (8/16/19)
- ISP retires K9 Kazik (8/16/19)
- Worthington Town Council thanks volunteers, hires asst. street superintendent (8/15/19)
- Court News (8/15/19)
- Community Notes (8/15/19)
- Linton, WRV selected for Ready Schools Initiative (8/15/19)
Warren ‘Houston’ ThomasWarren ‘Houston’ Thomas, 88, of Linton, passed from this life, on Friday, August 16, 2019, at Greene County General Hospital. He was born on February 11, 1931 in Cale, IN, to Albert D. and Nancy J....
Jan (Mitchell) AndersonJan (Mitchell) Anderson, age 64, of Linton, passed away peacefully at 7:25 p.m. on Thursday, August 15, 2019, at home surrounded by her loving family. She was born in Linton, the daughter of Henry...
Rosemary Ann WrightRosemary Ann Wright, 98, of Bloomfield, passed away Tuesday August 13, 2019. Born April 15, 1921 in Worthington, the daughter of Gerald Madison Bucher and Fern Mae (Reintjes) Bucher. Rosemary worked...
Richard MoffattRichard Moffatt, 90, Rush County, passed away on Aug. 12, 2019, surrounded by his family. He was born on Dec. 2, 1929, in Orange County to the late Charles C. and Bessie (Goodpastor) Moffatt. Richard...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (8/12/19)
Linton Police Department Activity Log (8/12/19)The Linton Police Department responded to 18 incidents and calls for service Aug. 8, including one bank/residential alarm, two animal complaints, one assist to other departments, one burglary, one...
Nicole StahlReflecting on how far we’ve come
Larry VandeventerHow hot is it?1
Brenda HancockVolunteer coaches needed for Fall Prevention Program
Jennifer and Jeff HawkinsFree powers of attorney – bargains or potential disasters?
Market Manager Mark StacyJuly is National Blueberry Month
Tawni Prudhomme‘Home on the range’ in Greene County
- AREA ROUNDUP: Eastern and WRV cross country; WRV and Bloomfield soccer; Bloomfield volleyball (8/18/19)
- Thunderbirds learn to move at the speed of football (8/17/19)
- Miners start slowly, finish strong in scrimmage (8/16/19)
- Miners are no longer young and inexperienced (8/16/19)
- Despite losses, Lady Miners return plenty of talent (8/16/19)
- The Thunderbirds will see a lot of new beaks in 2019 (8/15/19)
- Vets should spark competitive season for Thunderbird runners (8/15/19)
Community NotesMonday, August 19 The Linton-Stockton Board of School Trustees will meet in executive session at 5:30 p.m. followed by the regular public session at 7 p.m. Executive sessions will take place in the high school conference room and the public session will take place in the high school media center...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Want to Rent
Need House to rent ASAPNeed house to rent ASAP. Retired couple looking for 2 bedroom house to rent in the Linton area that will allow small pets. Prefer 1 1/5 bathrooms. Would love fenced back yard.
Moving SaleBloomfield-Saturday, Aug. 24, 8am - 3pm 199 Lincoln Drive, Bloomfield, IN 47424 Bedroom furniture; kitchen furniture and supplies; living room chairs; display cabinets; collectible Santa Claus figurines; framed pictures; women’s clothes, shoes,...
Care for the Elderly
CaregiverDoes your loved one need care at home? Let me help! I have experience and excellent references. I can provide help to you or your loved one in the comfort of their own home. Companionship, meal prep/cooking, bathing/toileting, doctor's...