GCDW Staff Bloggers
Rep. Jeff Ellington moves to Bloomfield, updates voter registrationIndiana State Representative Jeff Ellington announced Wednesday he and his wife, Hope, have relocated to Bloomfield. In a letter to the media, Ellington had this to say: “Today Hope and I changed our voter registration to our Bloomfield address. It is my intention to run for re-election in 2022 from our Greene County home. This would put me in District 45 (Greene, Sullivan and parts...
WRV flips the script on masking requirements, sort ofThe members of the White River Valley Board of School Trustees met Monday at WRV Middle School to a larger-than-usual crowd of students, staff and patrons. In a reversal of the masks-optional mandate enacted by the board last month, the members decided this month to try Governor Holcomb’s other option on for size...
Making art while the sun shines in Linton
- 20th Annual Fall Dinner for Greene County Right to Life (10/21/21)
- Bloomfield man faces burglary, possession charges (10/21/21)
- Three pounds of methamphetamine seized during Greene County traffic stop (10/21/21)
- Linton-Stockton Elementary first term Honor Roll - B or higher (10/21/21)
- Linton school board holds budget adoption, approves staffing changes (10/21/21)1
- Community Notes (10/21/21)
- FDA takes additional actions on the use of a booster dose for COVID-19 vaccines (10/20/21)
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce to hold annual dinner (10/18/21)
- JETRO officials visit Linton (10/18/21)
- Community Notes (10/18/21)
Cressie C. BurchCressie C. Burch, 102, of Linton, passed away on October 22, 2021, at Bell Trace Senior Living Community. She was born on April 15, 1919, the daughter of Ira McDonald and Eva C. (Combs) McDonald....
Robert D. AndersonRobert D. Anderson, 93, of Washington passed away on Thursday, October 21, 2021 at Prairie Village Nursing Home in Washington. He was born on February 6, 1928 in Greene County to Thomas L. and...
Esther Borden WileyEsther Borden Wiley, 92, Mooresville, passed away October 15, 2021. Mrs. Wiley was born February 13, 1929, in Linton and was preceded in death by seven siblings. She graduated from Linton High School...
Police LogsGreene County Sheriff’s Department Activity Log The Greene County Sheriff’s Department responded to 127 incidents and calls for service from Oct. 11-15, including four abandoned vehicles, 11 property damage accidents, two personal injury accidents, seven alarms, nine animal complaints, six assists to other departments, four assists to the public, three batteries, one burglary, one child custody, two civil disputes, five domestic disputes, one drug investigation, one extra patrol, one fight in progress, four juvenile complaints, one missing person, two P.O. ...
Police LogsGreene County Sheriff’s Department Activity Log The Greene County Sheriff’s Department responded to 75 incidents and calls for service from Oct. 8-10, including three reckless drivers, 10 suspicious, four personal injury accidents, one title check, six assists to the public, one assist to other departments, two fights, two shooting complaints, one abandoned vehicle, five trespassings, one noise complaint, two child custodies, five property damage accidents, two alarms, two juvenile complaints, five animal complaints, two civil disputes, two domestic disputes, four welfare checks, one harassment, one residential entry, one threat, one transport, one extra patrol, one battery, four road hazards, one property damage and four traffic stops.. ...
Miners run the table in regular season
- Cardinals fight back to beat Mohawks in fiveMORRISTOWN – Down two sets to one, Bloomfield kept its composure Saturday morning at the Morristown Regional to beat Waldron 22-25, 25-22, 17-25, 25-21, 15-8. The Cardinals never trailed in the final set grabbing an 8-3 lead. Seniors Emma Vaught and Gracie Lowry had two aces in the final set as the Cardinals never lost momentum. Junior Delaney Richardson had key kills to put Bloomfield up 13-8 as Lowry delivered the final kill to send Bloomfield to the regional final...
- Miners dodge Marksmen, 46-13 (10/22/21)
- Fast healers; key Miners find a way back to the field for Linton (10/21/21)
- Bloomfield runners seek to make the most of rare opportunity (10/21/21)
- Linton aces; Miners build program on quality serving (10/21/21)
- Cardinals pursue a better regional performance (10/21/21)
- White River Valley High School seeking softball coach (10/21/21)
- Scoreboard 10-18-21 (10/18/21)