GCDW Staff Bloggers
Linton Council learns more about new solar park facilityMembers of the Linton City Council met in public session at 6 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 13 at Linton City Hall. Guest speaker for the month was Solar Developer Darrin Jacobs of the Indiana Municipal Power Agency (IMPA). Jacobs detailed for the council plans for the upcoming IMPA Linton Solar Park, which will be built on 49 acres of farmland on the northeast side of the city on a parcel which belonged to Willard Q. and Pat Winters, along Winters Road...
Bloomfield School District recognizes Suicide Prevention Week with walkNational Suicide Prevention and Mental Awareness Week was celebrated this year from Sept. 5-11, 2021. The Bloomfield School District hosted a school-wide walk to remember loved ones, raise awareness and focus on positive mental health for their students and staff...
IRS offers resources for Indiana employersDuring National Small Business Week, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) wants small business owners throughout Indiana to know that information and resources to help them understand and meet their tax obligations are available free at IRS.gov. The IRS has a variety of resources available to help employers meet their tax responsibilities as well as help their employees...
- Shakamak grads among those to benefit from state awards (9/17/21)
- Bloomfield woman’s Picnic Basket trip leads to arrest (9/16/21)
- Jasonville City Council discusses parcel sales, abatements (9/16/21)
- Community Notes (9/16/21)
- Open Arms to host concert for 35th anniversary celebration (9/15/21)
- ISP trooper arrests man in major Fentanyl bust in Hancock County (9/15/21)4
- ISP issues scam alert (9/15/21)
- Community Notes (9/14/21)
- Linton artist continues garage mural project (9/14/21)3
- Community Notes (9/13/21)
Terry MarleyTerry Marley, 64, of Bloomfield passed away on August 13, 2021, in Indianapolis. He was born November 19, 1956 in Washington to Paul and Loretta (Sargent) Marley. He married Christine Bowling on...
Lana ElliottLana Elliott, 64, of Longmont, Colo., formerly of Lyons, passed away from a brief illness with her loving husband by her side on Wednesday, September 15, 2021. Lana was born in Greene County on July...
Betty Jean (Groomer) WorkmanBetty Jean (Groomer) Workman, 80, of Owensburg passed away Wednesday September 15, 2021 surrounded by her family. Born July 17, 1941 in Linton the daughter of Everett and Dortha (Sullivan) Groomer,...
Police LogsLinton Police Department Activity Log The Linton Police Department responded to 26 incidents and calls for service from Sept. 14-16, including one fingerprinting, three abandoned vehicles, two juvenile complaints, one animal complaint, two welfare checks, two property damage accidents, four suspicious, one civil dispute, one domestic dispute, two reckless drivers, one extra patrol, one fire, two assists to other departments, one assist to the public and one unruly subject...
Police LogsGreene County Sheriff’s Department Activity Log The Greene County Sheriff’s Department responded to 169 incidents and calls for service from Sept. 6-12, including three abandoned vehicles, 14 property damage accidents, four personal injury accidents, three alarms, six animal complaints, nine assists to other departments, nine assists to the public, three batteries, one burglary, one child custody, one child neglect, five civil disputes, one death investigation, four domestic disputes, three EMS, two extra patrols, one failure to register, two frauds, one harassment, one interview, one missing person, three juvenile complaints, two noise complaints, one property damage, seven reckless drivers, one repossession, one residential entry, six road hazards, one railroad complaint, one sex offense, one shooting complaint, three attempted suicides, 12 suspicious, five thefts, six threats, eight title checks, seven transports, five trespassings, one unruly subject, two warrant service, five welfare checks and 16 traffic stops.. ...
Miners beat Pioneers 35-14
Eastern Greene wins on homecoming, Linton volleyball hits milestones
- Shakamak hires new AD and basketball coachJASONVILLE – The Shakamak School Board of Trustees approved two hires Thursday as Jon Miller is the new Athletic Director and Dean of Students. Miller was involved with the boys basketball program last year coaching the freshman team. He takes over a vacancy left by Nate O’Neall as he accepted the White River Valley opening in August...
- Scoreboard 9-16-21 (9/17/21)
- Miners to honor title teams at halftime, members from the 2015 and 2016 teams return (9/16/21)
- Lakers are 3-0 in conference play (9/16/21)
- Lakers will not let layoff be an excuse (9/16/21)
- Linton golf wins SWIAC, Lannan top medalist (9/15/21)
- Bloomfield boys run away with it, Smith returns for Linton (9/13/21)
- Scoreboard 9-13-21 (9/13/21)