Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce hears about USDA grantsThe Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce and guests met for their monthly meeting on Tuesday, Feb. 19 at noon at Monical’s Pizza in Linton. Guest speaker Cynthia Ferguson of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) spoke about the USDA’s Water and Waste Disposal Loan and Grant program and the Community Facilities Direct Loan and Grant program...
WRV school board gets Apple updateThe White River Valley Board of School Trustees held their monthly public meeting on Monday, Feb. 18 at WRV High School. Two guests from Apple, K-12 Account Executive Mark Shores and Senior Systems Engineer Eric Wheetley, were introduced by WRV Technology Committee Head Shawn Brown. The two attended in order to give board members a demonstration of one of their products, the sixth-generation iPad, which is expected to be in students’ hands sometime next year...
Duke donation will help with equipment
- Recorder’s Office to accept card payment
- Community Notes
- Hamilton Center, Twin Rivers partner for internship opportunities
- Facilitator needed for CEO program
- Dr. Green and friends take compassion around the globe (2/19/19)
- Community Notes (2/19/19)
- Court News (2/19/19)
- LSSC staff plan how to use new knowledge (2/19/19)1
- Second annual CARE plunge this weekend in Jasonville (2/19/19)1
- NARFE to continue defending benefits for federal employees, retirees (2/18/19)
Richard “Martin” BurchamRichard “Martin” Burcham, 88, peacefully went to his heavenly home on Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at Glenburn Home in Linton. Martin was born on September 29, 1930 to Daniel Wayne and Algie Berniece...
Geraldine Lee BuskirkGeraldine Lee Buskirk, 70, of Bloomfield, passed away on Tuesday, February 19, 2019, at Greene County General Hospital in Linton. She was born on January 6, 1949, in Newberry, Michigan, the daughter...
Deborah Carol JacksonDeborah Carol Jackson, 64, of Bloomington, passed away peacefully Friday, Feb. 15, 2019 at the I.U. Health Bloomington Hospital. She was born on Nov. 1, 1954 in Linton, the daughter of William...
Ruby L. (Allen) CroweRuby L. (Allen) Crowe, 94, of Solsberry, passed away Wednesday, February 13, 2019 at Monroe Hospital in Bloomington. Ruby was born in Linton on August 15, 1924, to Ancil and Laura Mable (Burton)...
Linton Police Department Activity Log (2/15/19)The Linton Police Department responded to 34 incidents and calls for service Feb. 14, including one personal injury accident, one animal complaint, one assist to other departments, one assist to the...
Greene County Sheriff's Department Activity Log (2/15/19)The Greene County Sheriff’s Department responded to 115 incidents and calls for service Feb. 11-14, including two abandoned vehicles, 12 property damage accidents, two personal injury accidents, four...
Court News (2/19/19)CRIMINAL CASES Jacquelen B. Jackson, 27, Bloomfield, Level 6 felony possession of methamphetamine; Class C misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia Richard C. Kulp, 66, Linton, Level 6 felony theft where value of property is between $750 and $50,000 Estel L. Hetrick, 37, Washington, Class A misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance, two counts...
Sabrina StockrahmHelp us find a Shining Star
Andrew BowenEastern School Board strikes out with hiring decision4
Terry SchwinghammerOdds and Ends: A Look Ahead at the Postseason, Junior High SWIAC and more…
By Patti DannerCOWABUNGA, It’s Polar Plunge time!
Chris PruettIt's not time for retirement, just time for a change of scenery
Nicole StahlTreasurer's Office welcomes intern
Jennifer and Jeff HawkinsTop 2019 Estate Planning Tip – Organize Important Personal Records Now
Larry VandeventerI may be the only warped board in the pile but I think this is funny
By Billy HollandThe Lord is our strength and shield
Brenda HancockBuild-a-basket provides basic needs
Lori WadeMoonlight Films gallery this weekend at Carnegie
Our opinion: First responders always there to keep us safe (2/18/19)In the last few weeks, most people in Greene County have made special arrangements to stay out of the inclement weather. Whether it was from the dangerously low wind chills, or the influx of...
Follow the detours this summer (2/8/19)“Construction season” is right around the corner, which means road closures and detour signs. While you may think you’re cheating the system by finding a shorter route on a side road around the...
- Mattia Potter to keep swinging at St. Mary’sShe has only been playing golf for two years. But Linton-Stockton senior student-athlete Mattia Potter will have a chance to continue playing the game she has grown to enjoy for years to come. Last Friday Mattia signed her letter of intent to play golf collegiately at St. Mary-of-the-Woods College...
- Thirteen proves to be Bloomfield’s lucky number at Loogootee
- Bowen’s beat: A banner unfurls, injuries are updated, and mascots duel
- Miners hold on to vanquish Vikings (2/19/19)
- IHSAA Boys Basketball Sectional pairings set (2/18/19)2
- AREA ROUNDUP: Shakamak boys (2/18/19)
- Wolverines rally late to take down Eagles 57-42 (2/17/19)
- Seniors pace Thunderbirds to victory over Shakamak (2/16/19)
Community NotesSaturday, February 23 King’s Daughters Ministry ‘Arise Deborahs Arise’, is holding its 4th Annual Ladies’ Conference on at the 4H Fairgrounds in Bloomfield. The conference will be from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. and lunch will be provided. The keynote speaker this year will be Whitney Putnam of Imperfectly Brave Ministry. ...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Houses for Rent
$650$ Uts.Included/Clean,1 Bedroom House Fully FurnishedFully Furnished & Non Smoker! Very quiet and friendly neighborhood. House is complete with washer and dryer. This is my personal home and I'm leaving home for a month. Looking to rent temporarily for the month. 650$ is for rent &...
Now Hiring Home Health AidesWe are hiring compassionate and dedicated Certified Nurse Aides, Home Health Aides, RN's and LPN's for Full Time and Part Time positions in Monroe and surrounding counties. Daytime and early evening shifts, 1 hour to 11 hour shifts...
Home Health AideWe assist the elderly/disabled live in the comfort of their own home. Receive top pay working with clients one on one; our flexible scheduling enables you to maintain the work/life balance you deserve; we offer benefits including a sign on bonus,...
- ‘Clearly, we don’t matter anymore’:Eastern Greene community wants to be heard
- ‘No Wray no play’: Eastern Greene community reacts to recent school board decisions
- FREE ACCESS: Local schools continue to put student safety first
- Hayes, Miners bomb Thunderbirds
- Worthington Town Council hears options on commercial blight clearance