Carnegie Heritage and Arts Center on the brink of closureLinton’s Carnegie Heritage and Arts Center is in danger of extinction. Filled with local history, the center’s mission statement is to “preserve, nurture, and display our community’s heritage as well as promote appreciation, education and the participation in the visual, literary and musical arts of Greene County. We also pledge to preserve and maintain the historic 1908 Carnegie Margaret Cooper Library Building.”...
Thunderbirds to fight for winning yearThe last time Eastern Greene had a winning record in volleyball was in 2015, but coach Whitney Richardson sees a solid foundation building up inside the T-Bird program. “We only lost one senior from last year. We were really young with only one senior. There are a lot of girls with a lot of skills and I am excited to refine those skills this year. I’m looking to have a pretty successful season,” Richardson said...
Local man suing City of Linton to get his “sanctuary” backLifelong Linton resident Jarod Lee is being represented by the ACLU of Indiana in a lawsuit against the city of Linton, filed July 28, 2020. Lee, whose family name is in the park’s title, grew up on property bordering the 660-acre public Lee/Sherrard Park, otherwise known as the Conservation Club, which offers trails for hiking and biking and several ponds for fishing...
- Goosepond Pizza closes until further notice (8/14/20)
- Lyons Town Council and Legion in conflict over parking (8/14/20)4
- Dugger Union back in session (8/14/20)
- Addiction to rock out at The Vault (8/14/20)
- Linton-Stockton students have successful first day of school (8/14/20)
- Public questions MSD of Shakamak hiring procedure (8/14/20)
- Greene County 2020 4-H Projects awarded over 100 ribbons (8/13/20)
- Colt Thompson sworn in as new Sullivan County deputy (8/13/20)
- Linton-Stockton students celebrate successful first day of school (8/12/20)1
- Road Closure to begin August 27 (8/12/20)
Denver "Denny" Hubble Jr.Denver "Denny" Hubble, Jr., age 79, of Linton, passed away on Friday, August 14, 2020, at his residence. He was born in Linton on July 30, 1941, the son of Denver Hubble, Sr. & M. Irene (Holder)...
Cynthia F. CarmichaelCynthia F. Carmichael, 61, of Bloomfield, passed away on Tuesday, August 11, 2020 at her residence. Born January 6, 1959, in Providence, Rhode Island, she was the daughter of William R. and Edith...
Donna Jean Ross EnglishDonna Jean Ross English, 79, of Linton, passed away at 2 p.m. Tuesday August 11, 2020 in Regional Hospital at Terre Haute. She was born August 18, 1940 in Indianapolis to Marvin Ogle and Ruth (Sloan)...
Teresa A. (Beatty) HatonTeresa A. (Beatty) Haton, 59, of Worthington, passed away unexpectedly on Sunday, August 2, 2020 at the Linton Hospital. Teresa was born in Linton on November 14, 1960 to Bruce E. Beatty and Alice J....
- Dugger Union excited to take next stepLois Astleford continues to build up the volleyball program at Dugger Union as arguably, no other local program has matured as far as the Bulldog volleyball team has over the last five seasons. “We went from not even knowing if we were going to have this sport to girls wanting to come out and play. There is a lot of talent that they have to fight for spots,” Astleford said...
- Linton to tower over foes (8/14/20)
- High expectations at Bloomfield (8/14/20)
- Wolverines energized by new coach (8/14/20)
- Shakamak aims to put full season together (8/14/20)
- Miner golf to build off strong season (8/11/20)
- Eastern Greene golf excited for 2020 (8/11/20)
- Young Eastern Greene football looking to bounce back in 2020 (8/11/20)
Sister Teresa Kang professes first vowsGod led the way for Sister Teresa Kang, from Taiwan, to the Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, Indiana. On Sunday, July 26, Sister Teresa professed first vows as a Sister of Providence at the celebration of Mass in the Church of the Immaculate Conception at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, as Sister Teresa and all in attendance witnessed God’s directions for her action...
Library AssistantThe Bloomfield-Eastern Greene County Public Library in Bloomfield, Indiana, with a main library and a branch library serving 15,000 residents, is seeking a part-time (12 hours/week) Assistant Librarian for the main library in Bloomfield and the...
WANTED: “You’ll love Linton” pin $$$Looking for this pin. If you have one and there is any chance you are willing to part with it I am happy to pay for it. I will need it shipped to Columbia City. Please contact me: Phone/text: 260-213-3325 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org