Miss Greene County Pageant 2021The evening of Sunday, June 13 held the Miss Greene County Queen and Princess Pageant where five young women were chosen out of 11 to be the 2021 Greene County court. The court is Queen Emma Records, Princess Delaney McCormick, first runner-up for queen Mattie Thrasher, second runner-up for queen Ashton Egnew, and runner-up for princess Tanay Egnew...
Linton Freedom Festival Pageant 2021On Friday, June 11, six girls and their families and friends gathered at Linton First Christian Church for an evening that brought with it a new reigning queen, princess and court for the Linton Freedom Festival. Elle Brewer of Linton became the new Festival Queen. Brewer joins the ranks in her family of former Freedom Festival queens, as her mother Ronda Naas (Jerrell) was crowned in 1990 and her sister Emma Hubbell (Brewer) was crowned in 2015...
Records named Miss Greene CountyOn Sunday evening, five young women became the new Greene County court for 2021. Emma Records was crowned as this year’s Miss Greene County. Records is the daughter of Charlie and Claire Records of Elnora, and is a 2020 graduate of White River Valley High School. ...
- Carlisle shooting suspects arrested (6/12/21)
- Theta Gamma Alpha Alumnae meet for June 2021 (6/11/21)
- Scammer emails attempt to scare consumers into giving access (6/11/21)
- Community Notes (6/11/21)
- 2021 brings Miss Greene County pageant back (6/11/21)
- Brown Scholarship awarded for 2020-21 (6/10/21)2
- Greene County Veterans Council works hard for area vets (6/10/21)
- Community Notes (6/10/21)
- The Shakamak Seven (6/9/21)3
- Community Notes (6/9/21)
Anna Louise (Wills) ShonkAnna Louise (Wills) Shonk, age 98, formerly of Linton, passed away June 15, 2021 at an assisted living center in Sonora, Calif
Max Alvin TryonMax Alvin Tryon, 74, of Farmersburg, passed away peacefully Sunday, June 13, 2021, at Terre Haute Regional Hospital. He was born in Linton on February 4, 1947, the son of Charles Max Tryon and Eula...
Josephine HanksJosephine Hanks, 90, of Lyons, passed away on Monday, June 14, 2021 at her daughter’s residence in Lyons. Born September 18, 1930 in Illinois, she was the daughter of Henry and Elsina (Ashby)...
Court News (6/15/21)Court News CRIMINAL CASES Kevin Michael Mcbride, 42, Linton, Class A misdemeanor OVI endangering a person; Class C misdemeanor OVI; Class A misdemeanor intimidation James Leone, 33, Bloomfield, Class A misdemeanor OVI endangering a person; Class C misdemeanor OVI; Class A misdemeanor operating vehicle with alcohol concentration equivalent to .15 or more...
Police LogLinton Police Department Activity Log The Linton Police Department responded to 88 incidents and calls for service June 11-15, including five fingerprintings, two title checks, two drugs, eight assists to other departments, one welfare check, three thefts, nine public relations, one local ordinance, one civil dispute, one child custody, 14 animals, 14 traffic stops, one sex offense, two road hazard, five suspicious, two domestics, one lost/found, two alarms, five property destruction accidents, one reckless driver, two assists to the public, two unruly subjects, one property damage, one fight, one fire, one extra patrol, and one child neglect.. ...
Police LogsGreene County Sheriff’s Department Activity Log The Greene County Sheriff’s Department responded to 93 incidents and calls for service June 7-10, including three abandoned vehicles, six property damage accidents, one personal injury accident, two alarms, fie animal complaints, six assists to other departments, four assists to the public, one Atl, two batteries, one burglary, two civil disputes, four domestic disputes, two EMS, one extra patrol, one failure to register, one fire, one fraud, one harassment, one interview, one missing person, one noise complaint, five reckless drivers, one residential entry, three road hazards, one road complaint, one sex offense, one shooting complaint, two attempted suicides, five suspicious, two thefts, five threats, six title checks, four traffic stops, four transports, one trespass, one unruly subject, one warrant service, and four welfare checks.. ...
- All-Area softball teamSports Editor Nathan Pace picks out the all-area softball team that features 12 athletes. Linton leads the way with six athletes on the list. Linton sophomore Alex Overman was player of the year in the area as her pitching performance nearly carried Linton to a sectional title. Linton lost to Sullivan in the sectional final 7-3, as the Golden Arrows went on to the state title game and finish as runners-up in Class 2A...
- Eastern Greene alumnus honored to coach Indiana All-Stars (6/14/21)
- Shakamak clinches semi-state title in true Laker’s fashion (6/14/21)
- Shafford helps Indiana to win in All-Star game (6/11/21)
- Linton pitcher leads travel team to second place finish (6/10/21)
- Andy Clark finishes season in regional meet (6/10/21)
- Vanessa Shafford’s Bio for the Indiana-Kentucky All-Star Games (6/10/21)
- Jasonville community rallies behind Shakamak baseball’s postseason run (6/10/21)