Eastern Greene Scrabble Club holding annual silent auction Feb. 22Eastern Greene Middle School’s Scrabble Club is making preparations to compete in state and national competitions this spring. For at least the last 16 years, according to Scrabble Club sponsor and Eastern Greene fifth grade teacher Dinah Fuller, the club has hosted a silent auction event to raise funds to support both trips. State competition will take place in Indianapolis March 3 and the North American School SCRABBLE Championship will be held in Philadelphia April 28 and 29...
Closing arguments set for TuesdayClosing arguments are scheduled for Tuesday morning in the case against William Levi Abel, who is accused of killing a 21-year-old Bedford man early last year. Abel, now 25, is on trial for allegedly shooting and killing Chase Aliano, of Bedford, on Jan. 31, 2017. Abel is facing charges of felony murder, Level 6 felony obstruction of justice and Level 6 felony theft...
WRV High School to revamp high school grading systemAt a recent meeting of the White River Valley Board of School Trustees, the board passed several proposed changes to the high school grading system. For the last five months, a committee made up of District Superintendent Bob Hacker, High School Principal LeAnne Kelley, WRV teachers and patrons have met with the goal of revamping high school grading...
- Eastern Greene Scrabble Club holding annual silent auction Feb. 22 (2/19/18)
- New documentary uncovers the hidden wildness of Indiana (2/19/18)
- Court News (2/19/18)
- WRV High School to revamp high school grading system (2/19/18)1
- WRV Schools attain ‘Red Wagon’ status (2/19/18)2
- Police Logs (2/19/18)
- "Love for Layla" night at Shakamak inspires giving (2/18/18)
- Lyons Raceway Park now Wagler Motorsports Park (2/16/18)2
- Greene Gab Ep. 67 (2/16/18)
- Healing through music: jam session for Rachel Love (2/16/18)
Robert “Bob” Lee FauvergueRobert “Bob” Lee Fauvergue, age 94, of Martinsville, passed away peacefully at 8:10 a.m. on Sunday, Feb. 18, 2018, at his residence. He was born in Bloomington on Sept. 27, 1923, the son of the late...
Robert E. “Curly” EpeardsRobert E. “Curly” Epeards, 74, of Solsberry went home to be with our Lord on Feb. 18, 2018 at home, peacefully surrounded by family. Robert was born in Indianapolis to Robert E. and Josephine...
David "Dave" MattoxDavid "Dave" Mattox, 84, of Jasonville, passed away at 11 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018 in his residence in Jasonville. He was born June 29, 1933 in Terre Haute, to Earl Mattox and Evelyn (Edmonson)...
George E. "Groundhog" Murphy, Jr.George E. "Groundhog" Murphy, Jr., 71, of Switz City, went to be with the Lord on Friday, Feb. 16, 2018 at the Hospice House in Bloomington. George was born in Terre Haute on July 8, 1946 to George...
Court News (2/19/18)CRIMINAL CASES Adam Kerr, 37, Solsberry, Class B misdemeanor leaving the scene of an accident Kevin W. Moore, 44, Linton, Level 2 felony dealing in or delivering methamphetamine 10 or more grams; Level 4 felony dealing in methamphetamine between one and five grams; Level 5 felony possession of methamphetamine less than five grams; Level 6 felony possession of methamphetamine; Class A misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance (three counts); Class B misdemeanor possession of marijuana; Class C misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia. ...
Andrew BowenArea teams delivered magnificent performances in sectional
Sabrina StockrahmI want to be my little sister when I grow up
By Patti DannerHave I lost my ever-lovin’ mind? It’s Linda Bedwell’s fault.
Kristen InmanFrequent thoughts: How did I end up here?
Chris PruettStudents showcase power of prayer
Terry SchwinghammerIt’s Holiday Tournament Season
- Hamilton will take the gridiron for the SycamoresLITTLE CINCINNATI -- Caleb Hamilton made a bit of Eastern-Greene history Friday morning. The senior signed a letter of intent to play football next year for the Indiana State Sycamores. He becomes the school's first football player to take the field for a Division I program. Hamilton said he will “more than likely” be a running back for the Sycamores...
- IHSAA sectional pairings set (2/18/18)
- Gilbert, Moore duel; Clovers top Lakers (2/18/18)
- Bad second half dooms Wolverines at North Daviess (2/17/18)
- Eastern survives late rally to beat Shakamak 47-42 (2/17/18)
- Bloomfield obliterates Warriors with four full quarters (2/16/18)
- Fast start lifts Miners over T-Birds (2/16/18)
- Hutsonville spoils Union’s Senior Night 64-41 (2/16/18)
Community NotesMonday, February 12 The Linton-Stockton Board of School Trustees will hold a work session at 6 p.m. at the Administration Office located at 801 First St NE in Linton. Adult Book Club will meet at the Linton Public Library at 5 p.m. The current month’s book can be picked up at the circulation desk. All are welcome...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Australian Shepherd Mix Puppies14 weeks old. Farm raised. Good with cats, dogs, chickens, ducks, and children. Beginning potty training, hardly any accidents anymore. Some know how to sit and fewer know how to lay down :-) Approved homes only.
SCIS Security Officer PositonJOIN THE SECURITY INDUSTRY LEADER! Securitas Critical Infrastructure Services, Inc. (SCIS) Security Officers Advancement Opportunities SCIS (formerly Pinkerton Government Services) License, the nation’s only Specialty Services Company...
Latest State & Nation News