Linton man jailed for threatening law enforcementA Linton man was arrested Wednesday for threatening law enforcement, resisting law enforcement, criminal trespassing and disorderly conduct. According to a probable cause affidavit filed in Greene Superior Court, Linton Police Officer Nicholas Yingling was dispatched to a property which Theodore J. Miller II, 35, of Linton would not leave. When Yingling arrived, he interviewed a female standing outside the residence when Miller walked out of the residence onto the porch...
Our Opinion: CEO can set path for successful studentsBusinesses and community leaders have a chance to help some local students break through barriers often set before for our young people and set them up for success in the future. A group of local individuals are working to start up the Creating Entrepreneurial Opportunities (CEO) program, but your help is needed...
Support needed for CEO programThe steering committee working to implement the Creating Entrepreneurial Opportunities (CEO) program in Greene County is inviting individuals to its next meeting to garner more interest. The CEO program is facilitated by Midland Institute and has a goal of giving students an environment to get first-hand experience in the business community. ...
- Linton man jailed for threatening law enforcement (6/22/18)
- Linton Police Department Activity Log (6/22/18)
- Greene County Sheriff's Department Activity Log (6/22/18)
- Community Notes (6/22/18)
- CEO can set path for successful students (6/22/18)
- Our Opinion: CEO can set path for successful students (6/22/18)
- Mobile app enhances Indiana Career Connect (6/22/18)
- Support needed for CEO program (6/22/18)
- GCGH, CGHI reach peaceful resolution to furniture dispute (6/21/18)1
- Man hit by vehicle listed as critical (6/21/18)1
Thomas George SmallThomas George Small was born November 11, 1935 in Fowler, and died June 20, 2018 in Englewood, Fla. He graduated from Sandborn High School in 1962, Kentucky Wesleyan College in 1968 and Garrett...
Gary L. FisherGary L. Fisher, 60, of Linton, passed away on Monday, June 18, 2018 at Greene County General Hospital in Linton. He was born on Sept. 14, 1957 in Indianapolis to Shirley J. (Brezko) and Fred L....
Thelma L. PlummerThelma L. Plummer, 96, of Linton, passed away in Indianapolis on June 17, 2018 at 2:15 a.m. Thelma was born on Dec. 20, 1921, in Bicknell. She was the daughter of Henry and Martha (VanHoose)...
Nellie P. SircyNellie P. Sircy, 93, of Greenfield, formerly of Elnora, passed away on Thursday, June 14, 2018 at Hancock Regional Hospital. Born March 3, 1925 in Daviess County, she was the daughter of William Zack...
Linton Police Department Activity Log (6/22/18)The Linton Police Department responded to 15 incidents and calls for service June 21, including two bank/residential alarms, one animal complaint, three assists to other departments, two extra...
Greene County Sheriff's Department Activity Log (6/22/18)The Greene County Sheriff’s Department responded to 98 incidents and calls for service June 18-22, including two abandoned vehicles, six property damage accidents, eight alarms, eight animal...
Linton Police Department Activity Log (6/21/18)The Linton Police Department responded to 45 incidents and calls for service Tuesday and Wednesday, including one abandoned vehicle, two animal complaints, one personal injury accident, one...
Andrew BowenNorth-South All-Star game will be played July 13
Chris PruettEvent to support Middle Way House
Sabrina StockrahmIt’s my favorite time of year
By Patti DannerKristen, it’s hotter than Hades in here!
Kristen InmanPatti, I’m freaking freezing in here
Terry SchwinghammerShakamak at Linton Saturday: Enough said.
Larry VandeventerThese things amuse and perplex me
By Billy HollandIt’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood
Nicole StahlTreasurer’s office working to address concerns, suggestions
Brenda HancockTips for dealing with forgetfulness
Savannah Boone Community BloggerDown but not out
Ask a Greene GardenerIs Master Gardener Program a good fit for you?
CEO can set path for successful students (6/22/18)Businesses and community leaders have a chance to help some local students break through barriers often set before for our young people and set them up for success in the future. A group of local...
LFD, Red Cross offering free smoke detectors (6/15/18)The Linton Fire Department is serious about keeping its community safe in the face of the danger of fires, to the point they have found a way to get a free smoke detector into as many homes as...
- Linton trio continues Miner All-Star traditionTERRE HAUTE – For each of the past 14 summers the Linton-Stockton Miners have been a fixture at the annual Wabash Valley Football Coaches All-Star Game. Last June Linton-Stockton was very well-represented. Seven players and four coaches were on hand for the midsummer classic at Indiana State University featuring the premier collection of football talent among the recently-graduated seniors throughout the Wabash Valley...
- Saturday is only the beginning for Thunderbird threesome (6/21/18)
- Despite inherent challenges, Gold All-Star squad is rounding into form (6/21/18)
- Former T-Bird coach relishing All-Star experience (6/19/18)
- Linton hosting two-day Miner Shootout (6/18/18)
- Linton grad Rodney Walker hired as Evansville Central head basketball coach (6/18/18)
- Linton-Stockton All-SWIAC spring sports (6/15/18)
- Daily World announces All-Area softball team (6/14/18)
Community NotesFriday, June 22 Linton Moose Lodge 1434 will feature Adrain Storm Karaoke from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. The Shawnee Theatre will perform “Steel Magnolias” at 7 p.m. General Admission tickets are $12. Worthington Tri Kappa will hold the third class in it’s “Soda Shop Craft” series on Saturday, July 7 from 1-4 p.m. ...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
ONLINE ANTIQUE & COLLECTIBLE AUCTIONVisit EDSIndiana.com to look at hundreds of Estate items in multiple online auctions. Antiques, furniture, oriental rugs, vintage photography & cameras, vintage toys, Kachina dolls, cruise line items, glass & china, collectibles of all...
Pet sitterAre you in need of a pet sitter? Then give me a call I can help you out. I can come stay at your home and care for your fur babies so there is no disruption to them or high cost of boarding. I will sit for a couple hours to all day or over night. I...
Country Home for SaleQuiet country home for sale! 1.16 acres Jasonville, IN 2 bed 2 bath Full unfinished basement Mudroom New concrete countertops New tile shower in master bath New 10x32 deck New landscaping Two car attached garage Come take a look!