Eastern Greene School Board approves staff changesThe Eastern Greene School Board of Trustees met Monday evening, and approved several staffing changes after just over a week into the 2017-18 school year. At Eastern Greene Elementary, the board...
Utterback turns tragedy to beauty1Carnegie Heritage and Arts Center is currently featuring a show with the works of local artist Eric Utterback. Utterback, a 2011 graduate of Linton-Stockton High School, said some of his work...
Newberry Festival promises something for everyoneAugust of 1991, the first Newberry Festival took place on the property of Dexter “Shorty” York on Highway 57. Ever since, the festival has continued as a uniquely “Newberry” event, bringing people...
- Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship open (8/15/17)
- State Treasurer announces INvestABLE plan (8/15/17)
- Linton prepares for Fall Arts Festival (8/14/17)
- Jasonville Council names Ed Sheppard recipient (8/14/17)
- Friday accident results in one fatality (8/14/17)
- ISP Bloomington troopers capture felon wanted in three states and accomplice (8/13/17)
- Linton Clerk-Treasurer addresses utiltites scam, what to do (8/11/17)
- WRV students take a crack at CSI (8/11/17)
- Linton man travels length of Wabash (8/11/17)
- Greene Gab Ep. 44 (8/11/17)
Cohen FirestoneCohen Firestone, stillborn, opened his eyes for the first time on Aug. 9, 2017, seeing the face of Jesus. The son of Reid L. and Deidra A. (Drake) Firestone of Sandborn, Cohen was born on Aug. 9,...
Lorene PellLorene Pell, 92, of Jasonville, passed away at 4:40 a.m. Monday, August 14, 2017 in Shakamak Good Samaritan Center, Jasonville. She was born April 14, 1925 in Sullivan, to Emil Laughlin and Ertice...
Ronald D. “Ron” HertausRonald D. “Ron” Hertaus, 54 of Jasonville, Indiana, passed away at 12:46 p.m. Friday, August 11, 2017 in Greene County, Indiana. Ron was born May 8, 1963 in Hobart, to Richard D. Hertaus and Beulah...
Rebecca Jean MitchellRebecca Jean Mitchell, 57, of Bloomfield, passed away Friday, August 11, 2017. Born January 11, 1960 in Natrona Heights, Penn., she was the daughter of Donald Duane and Hannah Elizabeth (Beighley)...
Linton Police Department activity log (8/15/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 10 incidents for service Tuesday, including one extra patrol, one fingerprinting, one harassment, one interview, one juvenile complaint, one property damage...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (8/15/17)Brandon Jean Zygai, 23, Princeton, was arrested on a preliminary charge of battery. Bond set at $1,000 with 10 percent allowed. Brian Robert Callihan, 35, Linton, was arrested on a warrant for...
Linton Police Department activity log (8/14/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 48 incidents for service Friday to Monday, including three property damage accidents, one bank/alarm, two animal complaints, two assists to other...
Court News (8/4/17)Criminal Cases James Gamble, 65, Linton, Class A misdemeanor operating while intoxicated endangering a person, Class C misdemeanor operating while intoxicated Wesley Harris, 30, Linton, Level 6 felony possession of methamphetamine, Class C misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia...
Andrew BowenReporter investigates mystery of missing scrimmage
Kristen InmanAnimal Heroes, Part II
Terry SchwinghammerIt’s that time of year again
Sabrina StockrahmHelp us find local Difference Makers
Andrew ChristmanWhen all goes wrong, make it right
Chris PruettCity has to change with the times2
Larry VandeventerI’m not fat, I’m frothy
By Billy HollandAre we a spectator or a participator?
Ask a Greene GardenerRidding garden of Japanese Beetles
Nicole StahlBidders must pre-register for tax sale
Brenda HancockSpring issue of Generations Magazine is out
Donna KluesnerMarsh Madness artist Marty Jones opens Friday at Carnegie1
Annual event shows police as ‘normal’ people (8/7/17)With easy access to news and some misinformation in terms of mainstream media and social media, it is all too easy to portray a group of people in a bad light without having a previous interaction of...
Addressing issues at REMC may take time (7/28/17)The past few months this newspaper has been saturated with information about Utilities District of Western Indiana REMC. UDWI REMC members and cooperative leaders have helped make that possible. We...
- Bloomfield continues strong start, tops Shakamak in fourBLOOMFIELD - Bloomfield started the 2017 volleyball season strong extending Terre Haute South to five sets in its season opener Saturday. Tuesday at Guy Glover Gymnasium the Lady Cardinals kept their early momentum going, outlasting a fiesty Shakamak Lady Lakers squad...
- Miners welcome new season-opening foe (8/15/17)
- Eastern opens season Friday against Springs Valley (8/15/17)
- Alices smoke Bloomfield 5-0 in Cards’ season opener (8/15/17)
- Lady Miners win opener at Monrovia (8/15/17)
- Eastern can’t handle Barr-Reeve serves, falls in three sets (8/15/17)
- Lady Lakers battle but come up short in opener (8/14/17)
- Alices sweep Miners at Linton’s new courts (8/14/17)
Community NotesFriday, August 11 Purdue University’s chapter of the American Pharmacists Association (APhA) will be conducting free blood glucose screenings at the Cine’ Senior Apartments located at 155 N. Main Street in Linton from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Student pharmacists will be there to provide diabetes counseling and education about diet, blood sugar and medications. ...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
City Real Estate
House for SaleThree bedroom, 1.5 bath, house for sale (no contracts). Nice town lot, with lots of mature trees in the backyard, and still plenty of room for a garden. New windows, new roof, new half bath upstairs, and remodeled full bath downstairs 5 years ago....
Home Health RN/LPN Weekend OptionHoosier Home Health is seeking a RN/LPN Weekend Option Nurse to care for our patients in the Linton area. As a team member of Hoosier Home Health, you will be part of one of the fastest growing segments in the health industry, with a company...
Latest State & Nation News