‘Do I have to stop for that school bus?’In Indiana, late July and early August brings hot weather, the State Fair and also the start of a new school year. Every school year the Indiana State Police receives numerous complaints about school...
Faith, love and rock ‘n’ roll: Lamb Jam will be held Aug. 5In 1992, Virgil Franklin and his son Clifford were driving past Linton’s Humphreys Park. “[Clifford] said he said he felt God was asking him to start a Christian Music Festival in Linton,” Franklin...
Last week’s heat wave leaves thousands of fish floatingIt may look like a sign of the plague--thousands of silvery fish floating belly-up in Greene-Sullivan State Forest--but DNR officials advise citizens not to be alarmed. It is a natural occurrence, or...
- Pavement, structure replacement scheduled for U.S. 231/SR 54 in Bloomfield 1
- Center for Women’s Ministries coming to Linton location
- GCSWMD imposes fee for non-county residents
- DNR District 5: ‘Injuries Sustained in Off Road Vehicle Crashes’ (7/26/17)
- Local unemployment higher than state, lower than nation (7/25/17)
- Greene County Health, Inc. receives LAL status (7/25/17)1
- UDWI to use facilitator, member input in search for CEO (7/25/17)6
- Linton city employees get early start (7/25/17)
- Purdue and Westgate 'forge a new path' (7/24/17)
- Eastern Greene School Board: ‘We’re ready’ (7/24/17)
John Fuson Jr.John Cecil Fuson Jr., 71, of Owensburg, passed away Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at his residence. Born Oct. 8, 1945 in Warsaw, he was the son of John Cecil Sr. and Dorothy (Hammond) Fuson. He worked in...
Ruby Jeanette (Russell) RiggsRuby Jeanette (Russell) Riggs, age 97, of Linton, passed away at 2 a.m. Wednesday, July 26, 2017, at Greene County General Hospital in Linton. She was born at home on July 9, 1920, on the Sullivan-...
Robert E. “Bob” SeifertRobert E. “Bob” Seifert, 89, of Jasonville passed away at 6:25 p.m. Monday, July 24, 2017 in Shakamak Good Samaritan Center in Jasonville. He was born April 1, 1928 in Lawrenceville, Ill to Everett...
Bettie SoncrantBettie L. Soncrant, 89, of Jasonville, Indiana passed away at 3:34 p.m. Monday, July 24, 2017 in Shakamak Good Samaritan, Jasonville. She was born Sept. 27, 1927 in Gilmore, Ind. to Dennis and...
Linton Police Department activity log (7/27/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 15 incidents for service Thursday, including three bank/residential alarms, one animal complaint, one child custody, one civil dispute, one extra patrol, one...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (7/27/17)Jeramy Jason Walls, 38, Linton, was arrested on a preliminary charge of failure to register as a sex offender. Bond set at $4,000 with 10 percent allowed. Cassie Renea Banks, 28, Evansville, was...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (7/26/17)John Lawson, 41, Bloomington, was arrested on a writ of attachment. Bond is set at $2,500.
Court News (7/21/17)Criminal Cases Benjamin Parsley, 26, Worthington, Level 6 felony domestic battery against a child Michael Edmonson, 27, Worthington, Level 6 felony intimidation, Class A misdemeanor resisting law enforcement, Class B misdemeanor public intoxication, Class B misdemeanor disorderly conduct, Class C misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia...
Terry SchwinghammerAre you ready for some football? Practice starts Monday
Andrew BowenFootball season begins in 24 days
Andrew ChristmanThe long road home
Sabrina StockrahmNo more tears
Chris PruettCity has to change with the times2
By Patti DannerJaden Lauderdale: A Greene County girl with a heart of gold
Larry VandeventerGeezer Facebook
By Billy HollandA true account of faith and forgiveness
Nicole StahlBidders must pre-register for tax sale
Brenda HancockSpring issue of Generations Magazine is out
Ask a Greene GardenerQuestion: What vegetables can I plant in the early spring?
Donna KluesnerMarsh Madness artist Marty Jones opens Friday at Carnegie1
Our Opinion: Keep the comments clean (7/23/17)Technology has made it much easier for us to reach out to and hear from our readers, and for that we are grateful. But, sometimes the ease of accessibility and ability to say whatever one thinks in a...
Observing family dynamic, protecting city assets (7/17/17)It has been a busy week of news here in Greene County, starting with this year’s Greene County 4-H Fair. Hundreds of area youth from all over the county come together in the show ring to show off a...
- Linton, Sullivan communities come together for a greater causeThe Linton-Sullivan rivalry on the football field is well documented. The Linton Miners and Sullivan Golden Arrows have lined up across from each other on the football field for over a century. The series dates back to 1904 with a break from 1909 until 1920. The two teams have met every year since 1926...
- LOCAL SPORTS BRIEFS (7/24/17)
- Thunderbirds use scrimmages to get ready for football season (7/21/17)
- Bloomfield boy likes dirty driving (7/21/17)
- Miners host Southmont in scrimmage (7/21/17)
- Oliphant brings home third straight AAU volleyball championship (7/21/17)
- LOCAL SPORTS BRIEFS (7/20/17)
- Swim Team celebrates 50 years of history at End-of-Season party (7/20/17)
Community NotesTuesday, July 25 The Linton-Stockton Board of School Trustees will meet in executive session at 5 p.m.. This meeting will be held at 801 NE 1st Street in Linton. Wednesday, July 26 White River Valley will hold registration for freshmen and sophomores, freshmen may register from 8-11 a.m., and sophomores from noon to 3 p.m. at WRV. Those from any grade who are unable to make these times may register from 3-6:30 p.m. on Wednesday...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Housekeeper/AssistantLooking for a part-time housekeeper and assistant. Must be efficient, thorough, punctual and trustworthy. Must have a valid driver's license, pass background check, and provide at least three references.4 hours bi-weekly @ $10 an hour. Leave...
New Display CabinetNew Display Cabinet, glass top lifts, cabinet shelves slide out -- 59 1/2 H, 38" D, 40 W $300.00 OBO Call 812-875-8181
2016 Compass sport power chairCompass Golden Sport power chair. Used less than 6 months.