Former Apple Festival Queen makes Dean’s list at IUAlexandria “Ally” Kilzer, 2016 Bloomfield Apple Festival Queen and 2017 graduate of Bloomfield High School, was recently informed she had made the Dean’s list at Indiana University College of Arts and Sciences. Kilzer’s mother, Brandi Lewis, works at Baxter Pharmaceuticals in Bloomington and her father, Joel Kilzer, is an electrical engineer at Crane. Kilzer’s grandmother is Susie Lewis of Bloomfield and her sister, Nicole, is a senior at BHS...
GCDW Pet of the WeekOur Pet of the Week this week is Jake. Jake is a one-year-old walker hound with a rare affliction. Jake does NOT know he is a dog. Poor Jake sets his alarm every evening so he won’t be late for work and carefully lays out his suit and matching tie. He makes sure his bus pass in his wallet and packs his lunchbox in preparation for a busy day. ...
Miners, 59ers to clash in 2A State FinalsThree rounds of the Indiana High School Athletic Association boys basketball state tournament have concluded. Two teams are still standing. One will win the grand prize. After 30 games in four months it all comes down to this: The Linton-Stockton Miners (27-3) and the Andrean 59ers (20-8) will meet in a Saturday showdown at Bankers Life Fieldhouse – the home of the Indiana Pacers – with a Class 2A state title on the line...
- Community Notes (3/22/19)
- Linton Police Department Activity Log (3/22/19)
- Eastern Greene School Board faces a fractured community (3/21/19)
- EGMS students and staff honor World Down Syndrome Day with fabulous footwear (3/21/19)
- Eastern Greene Principal Doug Lewis to take the reins at WRV (3/21/19)4
- Jasonville officers rescue fleeing subject from water (3/21/19)
- Power outage for NW part of Linton this afternoon (3/21/19)1
- Linton Police Department Activity Log (3/20/19)
- White River Valley raises record amount for Riley (3/20/19)2
- Bloomfield students honor Disability Awareness Month (3/20/19)
Everett E. GilhamEverett E. Gilham, 75, of Sullivan, passed away Friday, March 22, 2019, at Gibson Family Center for Hospice Care in Terre Haute. He was born May 22, 1943, in Sullivan County to the late Homer and...
LaDeena CantrellLaDeena Cantrell, 72, of Linton, passed away on Friday, March 22, 2019 in Linton. Arrangements are pending and will be posted when they are available. All arrangements have been entrusted to Meng...
Dale Oren GallianDale Oren Gallian, 69, of Worthington, passed away Wednesday March 20, 2019 at the IU Health Hospice House in Bloomington. Born March 30, 1949 in Linton, the son of Willis and Marcia L. (Collings)...
Robert L. Dellion IIRobert L. Dellion II, 48, of Vincennes, passed away at 8:52 a.m. Wednesday, March 20, 2019 at Good Samaritan Hospital in Vincennes. He was born in Sullivan on September 19, 1970, the son of Robert...
Linton Police Department Activity Log (3/22/19)The Linton Police Department responded to 30 incidents and calls for service March 21, including one property damage accidents, two animal complaints, one assist to other departments, one extra...
Linton Police Department Activity Log (3/20/19)The Linton Police Department responded to 41 incidents and calls for service March 19, including four animal complaints, one assist to other departments, one assist to the public, one battery, two...
Court News (3/13/19)CRIMINAL CASES Donald C. Weber, 62, Bloomfield, Level 5 felony intimidation where defendant draws or uses a deadly weapon; Class B misdemeanor criminal mischief Kelly D. Reed, 41, Linton, Class C misdemeanor OVI; Class C misdemeanor OVI with alcohol concentration between .08 and .15...
Jennifer and Jeff HawkinsHoosier Advance Health Care Directive Options May Improve
Larry VandeventerI am a baby gloomer
By Billy HollandInjecting faith into our doubt
Nicole StahlTreasurer's Office welcomes intern
Brenda HancockBuild-a-basket provides basic needs
Lori WadeMoonlight Films gallery this weekend at Carnegie
- Andrean’s stretch run ends Miners’ state title hopes2INDIANAPOLIS – Even before the opening tip to the 2018-19 boys basketball season was tossed in the air the Linton-Stockton Miners have had a goal of winning a state championship. Saturday afternoon at Bankers Life Fieldhouse Linton were two minutes away from realizing the dream...
- Scrimmage with Alices gives Lakers a learning lesson (3/23/19)
- Smaller Lady Wolverine team still brings some experience to the net (3/22/19)
- Veterans will guide large contingent of Lady Miner netters (3/22/19)
- What a long, victorious trip it’s been (3/22/19)
- Battery of assistants helps Hart direct Miners’ campaign (3/22/19)
- The Miners benefit from a Hart to Hart (3/22/19)
- IBCA bestows All-State honors on two county hoopsters (3/22/19)
Community NotesCommunity Notes Friday, March 22 The WestGate @ Crane Authority will meet with TEConomy and Perkins+ for an informational meeting where no business will be conducted on Friday, March 22, at 12:30 p.m. The Monroe County chapter of the National Wild Turkey Federation (NWTF) will hold their annual banquet, auction and fundraiser at the National Guard Armory located at 3380 S. ...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Custom Made Wood Display Cabinet NewNew Display Cabinet, custom built, glass top lifts, cabinet shelves slide out -- 59 1/2 H, 38" D, 40 W $200.00 Call or Text 812-259-0690. Pick up Worthington