‘I’m really happy, Nana.’ Blazier makes Christmas brighter for kids less fortunateJulian Blazier, age five, and his ‘Nana’, Allison Baker-Chaparro decided they would join forces this year in order to make Christmas brighter for 10 children in Greene County. “We were discussing Santa, gift-giving and the elves and I explained to him that we need to give charitably to those who don’t have and can’t get Christmas presents of their own,” Chaparro said...
City of Linton holiday trash scheduleThe City of Linton Street and Sanitation Department would like to advise residents that trash pick-up for Monday, Dec. 24 will commence as usual. There will be no trash pick-up on Tuesday, Dec. 25. Trash from Dec. 25 will be picked up Dec. 26. Please have trash out by 5 a.m. and have a Merry Christmas...
Former superintendents recognized
- Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (12/18/18)
- DOC inmate allegedly admits to child molesting (12/18/18)
- Linton Police Department Activity Log (12/17/18)
- Greene County Sheriff's Department Activity Log (12/17/18)
- Court News (12/17/18)
- Christian Women’s Fellowship host December meeting (12/17/18)
- Christmas dinner comes to Linton on Thursday (12/17/18)
- Bloomfield’s Life Skills students raise $650 for Riley (12/17/18)
- Linton girl adds compassion to Christmas tradition (12/17/18)1
- Community Notes (12/16/18)
Christina Lee (Payne) WillisChristina Lee (Payne) Willis, 52, of Jasonville, passed away at 1:10 p.m. Monday, December 17, 2018 in Sullivan County Community Hospital. She was born Jan. 10, 1966 in Bay Shore Long Island, New...
Veda L. PopeVeda L. Pope, age 98, of Avon, formerly of Linton, passed away peacefully on Sunday, December 16, 2018, at Hendricks Regional Hospital. She was born in Lyons on July 13, 1920, the daughter of Ralph...
Paul ShonkPaul Shonk, 96, formerly of Linton, passed away Dec. 11 at his residence in Yuma, Ariz. He and his wife, Anna Wills, had celebrated their 75th anniversary July 11 of this year. He loved the Lord, his...
Russell ‘Bud’ MillerRussell “Bud” E. Miller, age 88, of Switz City, passed away peacefully on Sunday, Dec. 16, 2018, at Glenburn Home in Linton. He was born in Switz City, on June 15, 1930, the son of John E. and...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (12/18/18)
Linton Police Department Activity Log (12/17/18)The Linton Police Department responded to 55 incidents and calls for service Dec. 14-16, including two property damage accidents, one bank/residential alarm, two animal complaints, five assists to...
Greene County Sheriff's Department Activity Log (12/17/18)The Greene County Sheriff’s Department responded to 121 incidents and calls for service from Dec. 10-16, including three abandoned vehicles, 10 property damage accidents, four personal injury...
Court News (12/17/18)CRIMINAL CASES Courtney L. Secrest, 24, Dugger, Level 6 felony possession of methamphetamine; Class C misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia Gary E. McQueary, 54, Jasonville, Level 6 felony possession of methamphetamine; Class C misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia; Class A misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia with prior conviction...
Terry SchwinghammerLong overdue recognition for harriers
By Patti DannerShop local, love local, pay it forward
Sabrina Stockrahm‘I am who I’m meant to be, this is me’
Andrew BowenThe Lady Cards win; better late than never1
Kristen InmanOn Beginnings and Endings2
Chris PruettIt's not time for retirement, just time for a change of scenery
Nicole StahlTreasurer’s office gives back
Larry VandeventerStruggle builds character and bonds people
By Billy HollandTrust God and he will lead you
Brenda HancockBuild-a-basket provides basic needs
Lori WadeMoonlight Films gallery this weekend at Carnegie
Ask a Greene GardenerHelp: Blooms falling from zucchini plant
- Bloomfield rally falls short in 55-35 loss to PanthersBLOOMFIELD -- The Cardinals tried to come from behind Tuesday night, but a rally died and visiting Bloomington South prevailed 55-35. The Cardinals (4-2) trailed by 18, 33-15, at halftime. Aleks Markovic scored twice in the paint and Turner Royal buried one of his two treys as Bloomfield pulled to within nine, 41-32, with 7:22 left in the game. However, some missed opportunities helped South (5-2) end the game with a 14-3 run...
- Lakers let Eels slip away (12/18/18)
- Lady Cards go cold in second and Vincennes gets W (12/18/18)
- Cardinals “D” stifles Wolverines (12/16/18)
- AREA ROUNDUP: Eastern and Union boys; Eastern and Union girls (12/16/18)
- The hump proves too much for ‘Dogs in Cannelton loss (12/16/18)
- Lady Miners take the sting out of the Bluejackets (12/16/18)
- Miners sink Lakers 72-28 (12/15/18)
Community NotesMonday, December 17 The Linton-Stockton Board of School Trustees will meet in executive session at 6 p.m. followed at 7 p.m. by the regular board meeting. The executive session will be held in the administration center at 801 1st St in Linton and the regular board meeting will take place at the high school at 10 H St NE in Linton...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Freezer BeefI am offering freezer beef by the 1/4, 1/2 or entire steer. The steer is 1.5 yr old, grain and hay fed, no steroids/antibiotics. Offered at $1.25 standing weight, to be processed on 21 Jan 2019.
Case Manager Position“THE VILLAGES, see open positions for this area on www.villageskids.org”