Meet ‘The Hoosier Poet’ April 1 at Linton Public LibraryBorn on Oct. 7, 1849, in Indiana, James Whitcomb Riley was known as the “Hoosier Poet” and sometimes as the “Children’s Poet”. His whimsical way of writing endeared him to many and his most famous poems were “Little Orphant Annie” and “The Raggedy Man”...
Hamilton Center receives LCC GrantHamilton Center, Inc. has been awarded a grant from the Local Coordinating Council (LCC) of Greene County and the Greene County Substance Abuse Taskforce. The grant will fund addictions services for individuals without a third-party payer. This project is aimed at providing consumers in Greene County access to outpatient behavioral health and substance abuse services by removing the financial barrier some people experience in seeking services...
BSD board tables vote to move forward with Pre-K programOfficials, parents and community members are all on board to bring a preschool program to Bloomfield, but some are wanting a clearer plan in place before moving forward. Bloomfield Schools Superintendent Jeff Gibboney asked the school board for, and was granted, permission to explore the possibility of adding a developmental or general education preschool to the district at the January meeting. Earlier this month, Gibboney also asked the public to take part in a short online feasibility survey...
- Court News (3/25/19)
- Linton Police Department Activity Log (3/25/19)
- BIC to become first commercial testing facility for certification of new energy grid language (3/25/19)
- NARFE discusses ‘Fair COLA for Seniors Act’ (3/25/19)
- Indiana State announces dean’s list (3/25/19)2
- Assessor discusses important tax information (3/24/19)
- Commissioners suggest salary committee (3/24/19)
- Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (3/24/19)
- Former Apple Festival Queen makes Dean’s list at IU (3/22/19)1
- Community Notes (3/22/19)
LaDeena J. CantrellLaDeena J. Cantrell, 72, of Linton, went to Heaven on Friday, March 22, 2019 at her residence. She was born on September 17, 1946 in Linton to Garlan M. Moody and Vera Deane (Alkire) Barnard. LaDeena...
Quintin Daine MurphyQuintin Daine Murphy, 42, of Bloomington passed away Friday, March 22, 2019 at his residence. Born Sept. 13, 1976 in Terre Haute, the son of David John Murphy and Margaret A. (Sluder) Jurs. Quintin...
Everett E. GilhamEverett E. Gilham, 75, of Sullivan, passed away Friday, March 22, 2019, at Gibson Family Center for Hospice Care in Terre Haute. He was born May 22, 1943, in Sullivan County to the late Homer and...
LaDeena CantrellLaDeena Cantrell, 72, of Linton, passed away on Friday, March 22, 2019 in Linton. Arrangements are pending and will be posted when they are available. All arrangements have been entrusted to Meng...
Linton Police Department Activity Log (3/25/19)The Linton Police Department responded to 77 incidents and calls for service March 22-24, including one property damage accident, one bank/residential alarm, 10 animal complaints, two assists to...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (3/24/19)
Linton Police Department Activity Log (3/22/19)The Linton Police Department responded to 30 incidents and calls for service March 21, including one property damage accidents, two animal complaints, one assist to other departments, one extra...
Court News (3/25/19)CRIMINAL CASES Shayla Lynn Bowling, 35, Perrysville, Class A misdemeanor OVI endangering a person; Level 6 felony OVI endangering a person; Class C misdemeanor OVI; Level 6 felony OVI with prior conviction; Class A misdemeanor OVI with alcohol concentration of .15 or more; Level 6 felony OVI with alcohol concentration of .08 or more with prior conviction...
Larry VandeventerIt is March and I am tired
Jennifer and Jeff HawkinsHoosier Advance Health Care Directive Options May Improve
By Billy HollandInjecting faith into our doubt
Nicole StahlTreasurer's Office welcomes intern
Brenda HancockBuild-a-basket provides basic needs
Lori WadeMoonlight Films gallery this weekend at Carnegie
- Slover receives coveted Trester Award3INDIANAPOLIS – Obviously he would rather have won a state championship. But Evan Slover didn’t leave Bankers Life Fieldhouse empty-handed. The Linton-Stockton senior point guard was presented with the coveted Arthur L. Trester Mental Attitude Award following the 2A State Finals game...
- Good numbers and strengths promise bright season for EG track (3/25/19)
- Scrimmage with Alices gives Lakers a learning lesson (3/23/19)
- Andrean’s stretch run ends Miners’ state title hopes (3/23/19)3
- Smaller Lady Wolverine team still brings some experience to the net (3/22/19)
- Veterans will guide large contingent of Lady Miner netters (3/22/19)
- What a long, victorious trip it’s been (3/22/19)
- Battery of assistants helps Hart direct Miners’ campaign (3/22/19)
Community NotesCommunity Notes Friday, March 22 The WestGate @ Crane Authority will meet with TEConomy and Perkins+ for an informational meeting where no business will be conducted on Friday, March 22, at 12:30 p.m. The Monroe County chapter of the National Wild Turkey Federation (NWTF) will hold their annual banquet, auction and fundraiser at the National Guard Armory located at 3380 S. ...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Pet sitting serviceI run a pet sitting service for the surrounding area. I have fair rates and references. I come into your home and take care of your pets while you are away. I provide my own food. I do not smoke ,drink ,or do drugs. I have been doing this 8 plus...