Karazsia’s leadership spans four decadesLeaders often make decisions that aren’t popular. Good leaders make unpopular decisions when they understand it’s the best for their organization no matter the public outcry. Outstanding leaders are able to help others grow and assure their team be successful over a long period of time and remain respected...
From football coach to AD, Karazsia touches many lives in LintonThe chant “Miner Pride” has been a fixture for Linton-Stockton High School’s athletic programs for 40 years. Do you know who came up with the phrase? If you guessed Athletic Director Charlie Karazsia you’d be correct. He started it when he became head football coach for the Miners in 1980 and it stuck...
LHS students beautify Main Street with flora and verdure
- MSD of Shakamak wraps up year, bids farewell to staff
- Dugger Union students graduate from Ivy Tech now, high school later (5/13/21)1
- Three vehicle crash near Midland, two airlifted (5/12/21)
- Union Health offers COVID-19 vaccinations for 12 to 15-year-olds (5/12/21)
- Greene County Showcase to host open house May 22 (5/11/21)
- WRV’s Wolverine Enterprises visited by state official Milo (5/10/21)
- Artisan Electronics in Odon named one of Indiana’s best places to work (5/10/21)1
- Community Notes (5/10/21)
- State Road 445 onto I-69 ramp closed due to accident (5/10/21)1
- Jasonville Community Farmers Market begins Saturday (5/7/21)1
SWIAC Track 2021
Robert J. "Buck" FougerousseRobert J. "Buck" Fougerousse, 60, of Coal City passed away at 2 p.m. Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at his residence in Coal City. He was born April 5, 1961 in Linton to Robert Franklin Fougerousse and Helen...
Kathleen “Kate” MitchellKathleen “Kate” Mitchell, age 79, of Coal City, passed away peacefully at 12:20 am on Monday, May 10, 2021, at McCormicks Creek Health Care Center in Spencer. She was born in Clay County on January...
Roger “Hubie” HubbardRoger “Hubie” Hubbard, 74, of Martinsville, passed away at 7:19 p.m. Sunday, October 31, 2021 in his home surrounded by his family in Martinsville. He was born October 31, 1946 in Dayton, Ky. to...
Linton Police Department Activity logThe Linton Police Department responded to 37 incidents and calls for service April 30 to May 2, including four assists to other departments, three public relations, two fingerprintings, one extra patrol, three accidents, one domestic, one civil dispute, six suspicious, one theft, one title check, one warrant service, three welfare checks, one reckless driver and nine traffic stops...
SWIAC Field Events
- Lincoln Hale finds where he was wanted at Indiana WesleyanIt was un eventful recruitment for Lincoln Hale but the Linton senior is grateful to have a new place to play college basketball in Indiana Wesleyan. “It took a lot of stress off my shoulders. I’m happy with the decision I made and I’m ready to get up there next month and get some workouts in,” Hale said. “I’m excited all the way around.”...
- Scoreboard 5-13-21 (5/13/21)
- Short handed Bloomfield wins SWIAC boys, Linton girls take first (5/13/21)
- Lincoln Hale commits to Indiana Wesleyan (5/10/21)
- Scoreboard 5-10-21 (5/10/21)
- Lady Miners beat three county schools in three straight days (5/10/21)
- Linton blanks Shakamak, moves into first for SWIAC (5/10/21)2
- Miners capture county meet as local teams look to improve for SWIAC (5/8/21)
Greene County Sports Video