LSSC approves two scheduled eLearning DaysThe Linton-Stockton School Board approved two scheduled eLearning Days for the 2019-20 school year. Superintendent Dr. Kathy Goad reminded the board that the Indiana Department of Education allows the school to host the eLearning Days for professional development or parent-teacher conferences. Students work from home during those days, with teachers making the day’s assignments available for access on their Chromebooks...
Jasonville native releases new bookBorn and raised in Jasonville, author Ed Vaughn now lives in Houston, Texas with his wife of 55 years, Karen. The 76-year-old Vaughn recently released his new book, “The Journey to Destiny,” which follows his first book, “The Allure of Destiny,” published in February 2018. Both books are romance novels and rely heavily on Vaughn’s own experiences in love...
UPDATE: Additional tests performed at Eastern to ensure safe return for students, staffAccording to a press release issued by the Center-Jackson Fire Territory Chief Jeremy Inman, there has been a hazardous material incident at the Eastern Greene Middle School. “Some people have been transported to area hospitals for observation. There are no major injuries at this time,” Inman stated...
- Council prepares for 2020 budget hearings
- Indiana Congressman Larry Bucshon holds town hall in Linton (8/22/19)
- Court News (8/22/19)
- CYOGA event hopes to encourage local teens (8/22/19)
- GCHS to partner with Pets Alive to provide spay and neuter transport service (8/22/19)
- Community Notes (8/21/19)
- Greene County Literacy Coalition to hold annual meeting Sept. 24 (8/21/19)
- Greene County Literacy Coalition Essay Contest (8/21/19)
- Still time to sign up for Open Arms golf scramble (8/21/19)
- Grassland habitat workshops for private landowners (8/21/19)
Mary Etta EverettMary Etta Everett, 82, of Dugger, passed away on Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2019, at Gibson Family Center for Hospice in Terre Haute. She was born on May 14, 1937 in Vincennes, the daughter of Walter A....
Jack B. Jones, Sr.Jack B. Jones, Sr. age 81, of Linton, went to be with his Lord at 9:45 p.m. on Monday, August 19, 2019, at Spring Mill Meadows in Indianapolis. He was born in Bloomfield on September 16, 1937, the...
Terry Emerson ScottTerry Emerson Scott, 69 of Newberry, born March 27, 1950 passed away at his residence in Washington early last week. Terry moved to Washington as a teenager, where he graduated from Washington High...
Margaret Eleanor DaileyMargaret Eleanor Dailey, age 91, of Worthington, passed away peacefully at 6:20 am on Monday, August 19, 2019, at Owen Valley Health Campus. She was born in Daviess County on June 18, 1928, the...
Court News (8/22/19)CRIMINAL CASES Aaron A. Weber, 25, Bloomfield, Level 5 felony domestic battery by means of a deadly weapon; Class A misdemeanor invasion of privacy in violation of protective order; Class A misdemeanor interference with the reporting of a crime; Class A misdemeanor resisting law enforcement...
By Billy HollandOvercoming the desire to remain the same
Nicole StahlReflecting on how far we’ve come
Larry VandeventerHow hot is it?1
Brenda HancockVolunteer coaches needed for Fall Prevention Program
Jennifer and Jeff HawkinsFree powers of attorney – bargains or potential disasters?
Market Manager Mark StacyJuly is National Blueberry Month
- Union plays five games to keep football goingDUGGER -- A small Bulldog football team will play a smaller schedule in 2019. Union football coach Jeff Griffith said the ‘Dogs will play only five games this fall because less than 20 players are on its roster. Noblesville HomeSchool, Anderson Prep Academy, Riverton Parke, and Edinburgh have been dropped from the schedule...
- Ten minutes seals Cardinals’ fate in 4-1 loss to LCA
- AREA ROUNDUP: Shakamak and Eastern volleyball
- Linton honors Madi’s memory with win in home opener (8/21/19)
- Thunderbirds hope to rain on Springs Valley again (8/21/19)
- Bloomfield hitters overpower Shakamak in three sets (8/21/19)
- Miners seeking elusive first win against Raiders (8/20/19)
- New coach, new faces for Miner tennis (8/19/19)
Community NotesWednesday, August 21 Executive session for the Solid Waste Board begins at 9 a.m. with the open meeting immediately afterward. Still at the Linton facility. Thursday, August 22 The Greene County Election Board will meet in special session at 2 p.m. at the Voter Registration Office on the second floor of the Greene County Courthouse to consider and act upon proposed resolution regarding uncontested elections in Greene County municipalities in the 2019 municipal general election...
Free for the Taking
FREE Rex RabbitFREE Rex Rabbit to good home! Oliver is 1 yr old, very sweet and loves attention. Comes with cage, bedding, food, etc. He's litter box trained and needs new home ASAP! Located in Bloomfield, IN. Can text pics, contact 812-699-8912.
Want to Rent
Need House to rent ASAPNeed house to rent ASAP. Retired couple looking for 2 bedroom house to rent in the Linton area that will allow small pets. Prefer 1 1/5 bathrooms. Would love fenced back yard.
YARD SALE-WORTHINGTON-115 NORTH MYRA ST-AUG 29, 30, 31Nice kitchen table & 4 chairs, nice wrought iron patio table & 4 chairs, patio umbrella, large & small file cabinets, desk chairs, hose reel/cart, 4 wheel garden cart w/ tractor seat, lg 2 wheel garden cart, lg vintage scale w/ weights,...