Jasonville City Council proclaims School Choice Week, discusses local broadband planningJASONVILLE – There were two items of new business on the agenda for Monday’s January meeting of the Jasonville City Council. First Mayor Roy Terrell read a proclamation for the Metropolitan School District of Shakamak regarding the upcoming observance of School Choice Week...
Dugger Union Elementary Honor RollSecond nine weeks A Honor Roll Brooklyn Bedwell Kendyn Feese Kaiden Knoepfle Adalyn Love A/B Honor Roll Brantley Arnold Amelie Barillas Jewlz Fox Bailey Lumm Maggie Monroe Avriaunna Robertson Kyran Shelton Addison Smith Bentley Spinnie Gavin Walters...
Dugger Union High School Honor RollFirst Semester Distinguished (3.75 GPA or Higher) Celina Dipley Isaiah Fidler Graclyn Grimes Mallory Mejean Emily Neff Jocee Pritchard Brae Simpson Brinna Simpson Landen Spinnie Kaine Stone Brianna Wilson High Honor Roll (3.5 GPA or Higher) Zavery Aaron...
- January Is National Stalking Awareness Month (1/14/19)
- Multi-agency, multi-county pursuit lands two in jail (1/14/19)2
- Shakamak High School Honor Roll (1/14/19)
- White River Valley Elementary Honor Roll (1/13/19)
- Candidates file for 2019 municipal election (1/13/19)
- DNR: You are always on ‘thin ice’ (1/13/19)
- Shakamak Elementary Honor Roll (1/13/19)
- Shakamak School Board recognizes outstanding students (1/13/19)
- Switz City woman faces felony charges for allegedly altering check (1/13/19)4
- AREA ROUNDUP: Lady ‘Dogs fall at Martinsville (1/12/19)
Hilton Loy "Sonny" ThompsonHilton Loy "Sonny" Thompson, age 89, of Worthington, passed away peacefully at 8:03 a. m. on Sunday, January 13, 2019, at Aperion Care in Spencer. Sonny was born in Freedom on Easter Sunday, March...
Earl ‘Frank’ OwenEarl ‘Frank’ Owen, 80, of Linton, passed from this life, surrounded by his family, on Saturday, Jan. 12, 2019, in Terre Haute. He was born on Sept. 14, 1938, in Sterling, KS, to Oliver L. and Edith...
Iva C. HubbellIva C. Hubbell, 98, of Jasonville, passed away at 2:16 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 10, 2019 in Shakamak Good Samaritan Center, Jasonville. She was born Jan. 19, 1920 in Vigo County to Charles Horton and...
William Ray MortonWilliam Ray Morton of Buckley, Wash., age 75, passed away Saturday, December 1, 2018. He was born in Linton on September 12, 1943 to Catherine and Estel Bough. He was a 1961 graduate of...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (1/11/19)
Linton Police Department Activity Log (1/10/19)The Linton Police Department responded to 12 incidents and calls for service Jan. 9, including one bank/residential alarm, two animal complaints, one extra patrol, one interview, one reckless driver,...
Linton Police Department Activity Log (1/9/19)The Linton Police Department responded to 32 incidents and calls for service Jan. 7-9, including two assists to other departments, one assist to the public, one property damage accident, two battery,...
Court News (1/10/19)Court News CRIMINAL CASES Jeffery W. Brashier, 52, Sullivan, Class A misdemeanor domestic battery; Class C misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia Kiana D. Fleshman, 24, Switz City, Level 6 felony forgery with intent to defraud; Level 6 felony theft where value of property is between $750 and $50,000...
Andrew BowenGCI delivered a tourney to delight hoops fans
By Patti DannerHoodwinked! How one little grey kitten outsmarted five adult humans
Terry SchwinghammerLong overdue recognition for harriers
Sabrina Stockrahm‘I am who I’m meant to be, this is me’
Kristen InmanOn Beginnings and Endings2
Chris PruettIt's not time for retirement, just time for a change of scenery
Larry VandeventerIs God Deaf?1
By Billy HollandA wonderful time to begin brand new
Nicole StahlTreasurer’s office gives back
Brenda HancockBuild-a-basket provides basic needs
Lori WadeMoonlight Films gallery this weekend at Carnegie
Ask a Greene GardenerHelp: Blooms falling from zucchini plant
- Two career highs enable Bloomfield to sink Lady Knights 66-60BLOOMFIELD – The youngsters came through for Bloomfield Monday night, and the hosts handed Northview a rough Knight with a 66-60 loss. Sophomore Kylee Shelton and freshman Gracie Lowry both enjoyed career highs as they scored 31 and 14 points, respectively, for the Lady Cards (10-10). Shelton had been in a slump, scoring only in the low single digits, for the last few games, but she and Bloomfield coach Ron Knepp said she broke out of it with practice, practice, practice...
- AREA ROUNDUP: WRV junior high boys, Linton 5th/6th girls, rescheduling (1/14/19)
- AREA ROUNDUP: Union girls and boys, WRV-Bloomfield junior varsity, cancellations (1/12/19)
- Sharpshooting Eels shock visiting T-Birds (1/12/19)
- Miners keep composure to beat Bloomfield in final minute (1/12/19)1
- Lakers battle bigger Cougars before going down (1/11/19)
- Lady Cardinal Jayvees rally to overtake WRV (1/11/19)
- Bloomfield crashes the boards, crushes the Eels (1/10/19)
Community NotesSaturday, January 12 First Church of God Vincennes will host the Anderson University Chorale in concert at 7 p.m. The church is located in Vincennes at the corner of 14th and St. Clair Street. Monday, January 14 The Linton Public Library will begin their Adult/Teen Winter Reading Challenge. ...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Pet sitterI am booking appointments for pet sitting for the months of February, March and April. I have references and have reasonable rates. I come to your home and watch your pets while you are gone. I do from a few hours and 2-3 weeks. However long you...
ExcavatingKnepp Excavating dirt work, rock hualing,septic systems,drainage work,tree removal.
Part-Time Help WantedThe Worthington Jefferson Township Public Library is hiring for a part time position. The position is for 13-18 hours per week. Requirements: Computer literate; strong communication skills; enthusiasm and initiative. Resumés must be received by...