‘A forgotten art:’ Ken’s Barber Shop celebrates 50 years1“I think I’m up to six generations now,” said one of the few remaining barbers in Greene County, Ken Robertson, “My oldest customer is 102 and the youngest are 8 and 9 months old.” Ken’s Barber shop,...
Preventing Infant and Toddler AbuseSPENCER, Ind. – The littlest Hoosiers are often the most vulnerable to abuse and neglect. The Indiana Youth Institute’s 2017 KIDS COUNT in Indiana Data Book shows that 47 percent of all child abuse...
GCDW to shine spotlight on area studentsIn the late Whitney Houston’s hit single, Greatest Love of All, she sings: “I believe the children are our future Teach them well and let them lead the way Show them all the beauty they possess...
- Stone, Royal vying for UDWI REMC District 4 seat (3/24/17)7
- Enjoy wine at the Bloomfield Library to promote literacy (3/23/17)
- Pet of the Week 3-25 (3/22/17)
- Fire damages 400 acres near Jasonville (3/22/17)
- Commissioners approve added cameras in courthouse (3/22/17)
- Weimer, Carpenter seeking District 2 seat on UDWI REMC board (3/22/17)2
- GCGH Foundation considers February fundraiser a success (3/22/17)
- Friends of the Linton Library active once again: Collecting books for babies born at GCGH (3/21/17)
- Williams woman arrested on perjury charges (3/21/17)1
- Knust, Burger seeking District 1 seat on UDWI REMC board (3/21/17)6
Franklin D. WilesFranklin D. Wiles, 77, of Solsberry passed away Saturday March 25, 2017 at Garden Villa in Bloomington. Born July 23, 1939 in Greene County, Indiana, the son of Russell W. Wiles and Wanita (Thompson)...
Alvis Buel ShacklettAlvis Buel Shacklett, 76, passed away Saturday, March 18, 2017 in Sullivan, Ind. Alvis was born Aug. 3 1940 to Opal Mary (Yergar) Shacklett and Alton Brooks Shacklett. He was survived by his...
Melissa Ann (Taylor) GardnerMelissa Ann (Taylor) Gardner, age 46, of Linton, passed away peacefully at 10:30 AM on Monday, March 20, 2017, at Union Hospital in Terre Haute. She was born in Bloomington, Indiana on July 7, 1970,...
Norman GoodmanNorman “Lane” Goodman, 80, of Linton, passed away peacefully on Saturday, March 18 at the Union Hospital in Terre Haute. Lane was born in Greene County on Dec. 31, 1936. He was lovingly raised by Kid...
Linton Police Department activity log (3/24/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 24 incidents for service Friday, including one animal complaint, one battery, one criminal mischief, three domestic disputes, one extra patrol, four...
Greene County Sheriff's Department activity log (3/24/17)The Greene County Sheriff’s Department responded to 107 incidents for service Monday to Friday, including four abandoned vehicles, seven property damage accidents, one personal injury accident, five...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (3/24/17)Timothy Allen Handley, 53, Linton, was arrested on preliminary charges of battery. Bond is set at $1,000.
Court News (3/24/17)Criminal cases Michael Nickle, 36, two counts Class A misdemeanor invasion of privacy Jordan Sipes, 20, Worthington, Class A misdemeanor invasion of privacy Kristin Hart, 21, Worthington, Class A misdemeanor battery resulting in bodily injury Erik Greaves, 38, Bloomfield, Class A misdemeanor criminal trespass, Class B misdemeanor possession of marijuana, Class B misdemeanor battery, Class C misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia...
Brenda HancockMeals on Wheels needs your help
Larry VandeventerAbe didn’t have it so tough
By Billy HollandDarkness cannot overcome the light of God’s presence
Donna KluesnerMarsh Madness artist Marty Jones opens Friday at Carnegie
Cheryl HamiltonChamber learns about state agriculture
REMC Employees and RepresentativesDon’t forget to check your shoe
County sports tradition could be in danger of becoming obsolete (3/13/17)One of Greene County’s best sports traditions is in danger of becoming a thing of the past after 47 seasons. The Greene County Daily World has learned the annual Greene County Invitational may not...
Local organizations can help (2/27/17)Local organizations can help those in need It’s no secret Greene County has a lot of people struggling to get by. According to www.stats.indiana.edu, Greene County has an estimated poverty rate of...
- Small girls’ track teams have big hopes for seasonMost county girls’ track teams are small, but all intend to compete for glory this spring. Fans can expect to see some promising newcomers and some girls who went far last year. Several coaches said they are trying athletes in different events to determine where they will be most suitable...
- Area links squads short on experience (3/24/17)
- Area hoop standouts receive All-State mention (3/23/17)
- Lady Miners pulverize Shoals to win first softball game (3/23/17)
- Jasper blanks Linton in season opener (3/22/17)
- Area coaches eagerly anticipate upcoming baseball season (3/22/17)
- Area coaches express optimism about upcoming softball season (3/20/17)
- Carmichael leads Wolfpack to Richmond semistate (3/17/17)
Community NotesSaturday, March 25 Linton VFW Post 7118 will host the Exit 11 Band, from 8 p.m. to midnight. No cover charge, the public is welcome and invited to attend. The Linton Public Library will host Teen Girls’ & Moms’ Origami from 1-2 p.m. Newberry Eastern Star will host a fundraiser soup supper from 5-7 pm, at the Masonic Lodge building. The menu will be soup, desserts and drinks. Donations only. The Newberry Eastern Star will host a fundraiser soup supper from 5 to 7 p.m., at the Masonic Lodge building. The menu will be soup, desserts and drinks. Donations only. The Ladies Auxiliary 172 in Jasonville will have an all you can eat soup night from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Chili, potato soup and vegetable soup will be offered, along with peanut butter sandwiches, crackers and a beverage. Cost is $5, with children five and under for $3. It will be held in the American Legion Family Room on Main Street in Jasonville.
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield