UPDATED: Orville Lynn Majors dies in Michigan CityFormer Linton resident Orville Lynn Majors died at the Indiana State Prison in Michigan City on Sunday afternoon. Correctional officers at the facility were assisting with a medical pass for Majors...
‘Art Bus’ a part of Homecoming Parade in Linton2Since August of this year, students in LSHS Art Teacher Taylor Dunham’s Art Club have worked on a project planned to preserve their legacy in Greene County. Contacted by Linton resident Rick West...
Offender death at Indiana State PrisonMichigan City, IN – On Sunday Sept. 24, 2017 at 4:33 p.m. at the Indiana State Prison, correctional officers were assisting with a medical pass for offender Orville Majors. Majors was breathing...
- Jail design reaches 60 percent completion
- Middle Way House offers same services, new location (9/22/17)
- Year-long drug investigation nets 37 suspects; several suspects still at-large (9/22/17)
- Buck and Judy Mullis of Lyons named GCDW Difference Makers 2017 (9/21/17)
- WRV Board recognizes student philanthropic effort (9/21/17)
- Linton woman allegedly steals over $31,000 from not-for-profit (9/21/17)1
- Wilkes Printing offers new services at new location (9/21/17)
- Elliott celebrates new location (9/21/17)
- LSHS homecoming candidates (9/20/17)
- LSCC welcomes Steelman Enterprises (9/20/17)
Frankie Lee CoxFrankie Lee Cox, Jr., 60, Of Linton, passed away on Sunday, Sept. 24, 2017 at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis. He was born on Nov. 10, 1956 in Linton to Frankie L. Cox and Dorris J. (White) Cox....
Joseph RecordsJoseph E. Records, 88 of Plainville passed away, Thursday, Sept. 21, 2017. There will be no services per his request.
Mary RiceMary F. Rice, 60, of Seymour formerly of Bloomington, passed away Saturday, Sept. 23, 2017. Born Oct. 3, 1956 in Linton, she was the daughter of Eleck and Donna (Barnes) Carter. She was an...
Austin Gene ChaneyAustin Gene Chaney, 26, of Owensburg passed away Friday, Sept. 22, 2017 at Regional Hospital in Terre Haute. Born Nov. 4, 1990 in Bloomington, the son of Larry Gene Chaney and Ardene Renee...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (9/22/17)Vonda Smith, 64, Linton, was arrested on a warrant for theft. Bond set at $4,000 with 10 percent allowed. Elizabeth Marie Hall, 28, Bloomfield, was arrested on preliminary charges of possession of...
Linton Police Department activity log (9/22/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 21 incidents for service Friday, including one property damage accident, two bank/residential alarms, one animal complaint, one assist to other departments,...
Linton Police Department activity log (9/21/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 17 incidents for service Thursday, including one property damage accident, one personal injury accident, two animal complaints, one assist to other...
Court News (9/22/17)Criminal Cases Nicole Sweeney, 43, Sullivan, Level 6 felony identity deception Auston Moronez, 22, Carlisle, Class A misdemeanor criminal trespass, Class B misdemeanor disorderly conduct Clinton Hestand, 26, Bloomfield, Class A misdemeanor disorderly conduct, Class A misdemeanor resisting law enforcement...
Kristen InmanAxl Rose pooped on me: a kitten tale
Andrew ChristmanWelcome to the family
Sabrina Stockrahm‘It’s just a bad morning’
By Patti DannerTexan animals need love, too
Chris PruettVolunteers are the backbone of our community, country
Andrew BowenReporter investigates mystery of missing scrimmage
Difference Makers 2017 (9/22/17)‘The things you do for yourself are gone when you are gone; the things you do for other people live on as your legacy.’ Thursday evening, the publishers and staff of the Greene County Daily World...
GCGH ahead of the curve in rural healthcare (9/18/17)A recent business-oriented news organization recently reported rural Indiana has a dire lack of healthcare access for delivering babies, but here in Greene County that’s not the case. Inside INdiana...
- Thunderbirds keelhaul the Commodores 45-12LEOPOLD – Eastern took on two foes Saturday afternoon, host Perry Central and unseasonable heat, and beat them both. The sixth-ranked Thunderbirds (6-0) jumped out to a 28-0 lead en route to a 45-12 triumph over Perry Central. A heat of around 90 degrees slowed down the visitors eventually as Eastern scored only 10 points in the second half...
- UPDATED: T-Birds, Lady Lakers pace area teams at Shakamak Invite (9/23/17)
- Miners rout Cougars on Homecoming Night (9/22/17)
- Bloomfield boys beat Clay City, but Lady Eels win girls meet (9/22/17)
- Bloomfield tames the Lady Mustangs on the road (9/22/17)
- WRV boys win Wolverine Invitational; girls fall to Owen Valley (9/22/17)
- Bloomfield hitters carry Lady Cards to victory over Eastern (9/22/17)
- Bloomfield blanks Golden Arrows in tennis (9/22/17)
Community NotesWednesday, September 20 The Linton F&AM will meet to confer the Entered Apprentice degree. Dinner and fellowship at 6 p.m. and begin work at 7 p.m. All brethren welcome back to the light. Thursday, September 21 Little Movers for Preschoolers will be from 10:30-11:30 a.m. at the Linton Public Library Enjoy happy music and movement and dance...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Yard SaleYard Sale - Lots of items - donation pricing 405 Douglas Dr in Bloomfield IN One day only - Saturday 30th from 7AM to 2 PM All proceeds to Tulip Church of God 180 Youth groups. Please stop by and support our youth.