Greene Gab Ep. 68Sit down with Patti and Kristen as they bring you the news, show you an adoptable kitty cat and alert you to some weird holidays on Greene Gab Episode 68...
Our Opinion: A few voices can spark big changeThe next time you begin to think a few voices among the masses cannot make a difference, stop and consider the progress made by members of Utilities District of Western Indiana REMC. In recent years, a handful of members became aware of some suspected improprieties and took a stand. While some people made accusations they were just “stirring the pot,” recent allegations indicate the accusations may very well be true...
GCDW Pet of the WeekThis week’s GCDW Pet of the Week is Zombie. Zombie is a two-and-a-half-year-old male domestic shorthair cat. Zombie is neutered, will soon be current on shots and is very robust and healthy. The staff at the Greene County Humane Society describe Zombie as sweet, timid and loving. Zombie would fare best as a one-person cat for a person who doesn’t mind spoiling him. The fee to adopt Zombie is $50. For further information, contact the Greene County Humane Society at 812-847-4780...
- Greene Gab Ep. 68
- Our Opinion: A few voices can spark big change 1
- GCDW Pet of the Week
- Community Notes (2/22/18)
- Court News (2/22/18)
- A few voices can spark big change (2/22/18)
- County responds to complaint of 30-plus dogs (2/22/18)
- STEM Learning grants to benefit local programs (2/22/18)
- Bloomfield NJROTC cadets earn high marks at regional competition (2/22/18)1
- Wednesday morning accident sends three to hospital (2/22/18)
Jerry F. RussellJerry F. Russell, age 77, of Linton, passed away peacefully at 3:12 a.m. on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2018, at his residence. He was born in Linton on July 18, 1940, the son of Kenneth Russell and Alma...
Dallas Eugene MazeDallas Eugene Maze, 76, of Bedford, passed away Sunday, Feb. 18, 2018, at Bell Trace Rehabilitation Center in Bloomington. Born May 26, 1941 in Lawrence County, he was the son of Lawrence and Minnie...
Robert “Bob” Lee FauvergueRobert “Bob” Lee Fauvergue, age 94, of Martinsville, passed away peacefully at 8:10 a.m. on Sunday, Feb. 18, 2018, at his residence. He was born in Bloomington on Sept. 27, 1923, the son of the late...
Robert E. “Curly” EpeardsRobert E. “Curly” Epeards, 74, of Solsberry went home to be with our Lord on Feb. 18, 2018 at home, peacefully surrounded by family. Robert was born in Indianapolis to Robert E. and Josephine...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (2/22/18)Nathaniel Longfellow McCloud, 42, Paoli, was arrested on a warrant for Class A misdemeanor operating while intoxicated and a writ of attachment. No bond set. David Aaron Butche, 26, Solsberry, was...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (2/21/18)Nathaniel S. Huffman, 22, Springville, was arrested on a warrant for Class B misdemeanor possession of marijuana. Bond set at $5,000 with 10 percent allowed. Sabrina Lyn Handley, 31, Bloomfield, was...
Police Logs (2/19/18)Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log Anthony Martin Cazee, 47, Jasonville, was arrested on a warrant for Level 6 felony pointing a firearm at another person; Class B misdemeanor disorderly...
Court News (2/22/18)CRIMINAL CASES Olivia K. Robison, 26, Linton, Level 6 felony possession of methamphetamine Ashley McKee, 35, Jasonville, Level 6 felony neglect of a dependent Daniel P. Benston, 29, Jasper, Class C misdemeanor reckless driving Anthony Joe Lewis, 35, Linton, Class A misdemeanor domestic battery; Class B misdemeanor criminal mischief...
Sabrina StockrahmA kind word never hurts
By Patti Danner100 things to do when you’re bored
Andrew BowenArea teams delivered magnificent performances in sectional
Kristen InmanFrequent thoughts: How did I end up here?
Chris PruettStudents showcase power of prayer
Terry SchwinghammerIt’s Holiday Tournament Season
A few voices can spark big change (2/22/18)The next time you begin to think a few voices among the masses cannot make a difference, stop and consider the progress made by members of Utilities District of Western Indiana REMC. In recent years,...
No one is immune to repercussions (1/26/18)Despite what some people think, even the best of athletes are not immune to repercussions. A local school made sure students were aware of this. A group of local athletes has been temporarily...
- Mustangs rally in second half to overtake T-Birds in finaleLITTLE CINCINNATI – It was a tale of two halves for the Eastern Greene Thunderbirds Thursday night. The Thunderbirds (12-11) gave the visiting Edgewood Mustangs (19-5) all they could handle for 16 minutes. Edgewood led by just a single point, 28-27 at halftime and still led by only one with a little over two minutes left in the third quarter...
- Patriots explode early to ruin WRV’s Senior Night 53-30
- Weekend Prep Roundball previews (2/21/18)
- Miners vanquish Vikings 76-41 (2/20/18)
- WRV to honor athletes from teams in early ‘90’s (2/20/18)
- Hamilton will take the gridiron for the Sycamores (2/19/18)
- IHSAA sectional pairings set (2/18/18)
- Gilbert, Moore duel; Clovers top Lakers (2/18/18)
Community NotesFriday, February 23 The Lively Ladies program will meet at 1 p.m. at the Linton Public Library. and is primarily for ladies of retirement age. Participants can enjoy a wide variety of guest speakers, some light refreshments, and a fun time to relax. Programs and subject matter vary each month...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Australian Shepherd Mix Puppies14 weeks old. Farm raised. Good with cats, dogs, chickens, ducks, and children. Beginning potty training, hardly any accidents anymore. Some know how to sit and fewer know how to lay down :-) Approved homes only.
SCIS Security Officer PositonJOIN THE SECURITY INDUSTRY LEADER! Securitas Critical Infrastructure Services, Inc. (SCIS) Security Officers Advancement Opportunities SCIS (formerly Pinkerton Government Services) License, the nation’s only Specialty Services Company...