Linton Fall Arts Festival another successMembers of Linton’s Fall Arts Festival Committee have wrapped up another successful year, and Fall Arts Festival organizer Kathy Matthews says they look forward to an even better festival in 2018....
Project Lifesaver: Who does the program help?Since the inception of the Greene County Chapter of Project Lifesaver in July 2016, local police have been lucky to not have to actively use the program, but it is still offering a lot to families....
Greene Gab Episode 52In this week's episode. Andrew and Patti discuss Linton's Fall Arts Festival, Margaret Simon and some wacky holidays...
- Linton School Board hears department presentations (10/17/17)
- Portion of Hoosier Road to close (10/17/17)
- LSHS students to share their faith (10/16/17)
- Two arrested after fleeing arrest (10/16/17)
- Community Notes (10/16/17)
- The ‘Hay Squad’ helps Fall Arts Festival (10/13/17)
- GCDW Pet of the Week (10/13/17)
- Richland Fire going door-to-door for income survey (10/13/17)1
- Project Lifesaver: What are the costs, responsibilities? (10/13/17)
- Bloomfield Chamber gets the scoop on Trivia Bowl 2017 (10/12/17)
Kenneth Wilbur SparksKenneth Wilbur Sparks, 89, of Solsberry, passed away at 7:05 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 15, 2017 at IU Health Bloomington Hospital. Born Nov. 19, 1927 in Stanford, he was the son of Ernest and Vivian (Hough)...
Barbara L. DyerBarbara L. Dyer, 51, of Linton passed away at 11:04 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 14, 2017 in IU Health Bloomington Hospital. She was born March 30, 1966 in Terre Haute to Curtis L. Hughbanks, Jr. and Sharon...
Leonard J. KienzynskiLeonard J. Kienzynski, 79, of Bloomfield passed away Saturday, Oct. 14, 2017 at the Lyons Health & Living Center. Born Dec. 22, 1937 in Gary, the son of Walter and Anna (Dawiec) Kienzynski. Leonard...
Charles RumpleCharles W. “Chuck” Rumple, 61, of Warsaw, Ind. passed away at 6:55 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 30, 2017 in his home. He was born March 20, 1956 in Mary Sherman Hospital, Sullivan, to Robert and Wilma June...
Linton Police Department Activity Log (10/17/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 10 incidents and calls for service Monday, including two animal complaints, two assists to other departments, one civil dispute, three fingerprinting and two...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (10/17/17)Kenneth Charles Mowery, 28, Indianapolis, was arrested on a preliminary charge of resisting law enforcement, a class A misdemeanor. Bond set at $1,000 with 10 percent allowed. Vernon Lamont...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (10/16/17)Jordan Scott Enochs, 29, Linton, was arrested on a warrant for criminal trespass. No bond set. Shawn Michael White, 24, Waukesha, was arrested on a preliminary charge of operating after never...
Court News (10/13/17)Criminal Cases Bryce Bezy, 35, Shelburn, Class B misdemeanor possession of marijuana, Class C misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia Jeffrey Arthur, 24, Lyons, Class B misdemeanor possession of marijuana, Class A misdemeanor possession of marijuana, Class C misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia...
Access to assault rifles: ‘enough is enough’ (10/13/17)The recent massacre at an outdoor country music concert in Las Vegas has many Americans wondering. Wondering how such a thing could happen, how it could have been prevented and how long before we as...
Our Opinion: Open your hearts to children in need (10/6/17)Open Arms Christian Ministries will be hosting an informational meeting Saturday about the need and importance of foster parents in the community. The presentation will be at the Jasonville United...
- Miners postseason journey begins FridayThe 2016 Class A state champion Linton-Stockton Miners are set to embark on another postseason journey. The Miners will have a tougher row to hoe this time around. Linton-Stockton has moved up to Class 2A under the IHSAA’s tournament success factor. And the Miners have been assigned to a highly-competitive 2A Sectional 40...
- Lady Miner volleyballers seek first regional win
- Eastern will forfeit three or four football games (10/17/17)
- Lady Lakers cannot change the mo in loss to Clay City (10/17/17)
- UPDATED: WRV harriers Sparks, Davis semistate-bound (10/15/17)
- UPDATED: Bloomfield takes Clay City to the limit, but falls in sectional finale (10/15/17)
- UPDATED: Four county runners advance from tough Bedford Regional (10/15/17)
- UPDATED: Lady Miners repeat as sectional champs (10/14/17)
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield