RWF marches to honor late Worthington veteranOver the weekend, members of Greene County’s Romans Warrior Foundation undertook a memorial march in honor of Worthington’s Gary D. Brewer Sr.. The march was held to raise donations as well, for a...
Open Arms Donor Event set for April 30Each year, Open Arms Christian Ministries of Switz City hosts an afternoon meant to serve as a ‘Thank you’ to its donors, as well as serve as the organization’s annual meeting. This year’s event will...
EGHS presents The Addams FamilyEastern Greene High School students will present the Addams Family musical with three showings next weekend on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It will be the first time a pit orchestra will play key...
- Bloomfield alumni makes BU Top 15 (4/24/17)
- Greene County Foundation announces opening of 2017 Community Support Grant Cycle (4/24/17)
- Council stalls vote on Innkeeper’s tax (4/24/17)1
- Master Gardeners planning Flower and Patio Show (4/24/17)
- Switz City man arrested on warrant for allegedly dealing meth (4/21/17)
- Greene Gab Ep. 35 (4/21/17)
- Woman allegedly attempts to bring drugs into Greene County Jail (4/21/17)
- WestGate CTE seeks businesses to help with career fair (4/21/17)
- Lauderdale named Greene County’s Bright Futures Shining Star 2017 (4/20/17)
- Opiate addiction treatment organization coming to Linton (4/20/17)
MayBelle ZimmermanMayBelle McDaniel Zimmerman, 69, of Jasonville went to be with our Lord and our Savior on Saturday, April 22, 2017 at Shakamak Good Samaritan Home, with family by her side. MayBelle loved camping,...
Meeda Faye Lynn LentzMeeda Faye Lynn Lentz, 86, passed away peacefully at home on the morning of April 21, 2017. She was surrounded by family after a long battle with Alzheimer’s disease. Meeda was a 1948 graduate of...
Erma HensleyErma M. (Skomp) Yake Hensley, 96, of Cloverdale and formerly of Bloomfield passed away Wednesday April 19, 2017 at The Waters of Greencastle. Born March 16, 1921 in Greene County, the daughter of Roy...
Jack SluderJack L. Sluder, 79, of Coalmont passed away at 1 p.m., April 20, 2017 in his residence. He was born Nov. 29, 1937 in Greene County to Claude Carrell and Pauline Ruthadire (Wilkes) Sluder. Survivors...
Linton Police Department activity log (4/24/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 54 incidents for service Friday to Monday, including two property damage accidents, one animal complaint, three assists to other departments, one assist to...
Greene County Sheriff's Department activity log (4/24/17)The Greene County Sheriff’s Department responded to 193 incidents for service April 17 to April 23, including two abandoned vehicle, 21 property damage accidents, two personal injury accidents, five...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (4/24/17)Pamela Kay Bentley, 48, Washington, was arrested on a warrant for drug trafficking with an inmate. Bond is set at $10,000. Roger Keith, 54, Coal City, was arrested on an out of county warrant for...
Brenda HancockBe prepared for spring weather
By Billy HollandParents can guide but children make their own choices
Larry VandeventerA Nordstrom bag of opossum
Ask a Greene GardenerQuestion: What vegetables can I plant in the early spring?
Donna KluesnerMarsh Madness artist Marty Jones opens Friday at Carnegie1
Cheryl HamiltonChamber learns about state agriculture
- Bloomfield outlasts Wolverines to win 13-11It took three hours Monday evening, but visiting Bloomfield finally beat White River Valley 13-11 in baseball. The Cardinals (2-8, 1-2 in Southwest Indiana Athletic Conference play) led only 2-1 after the first inning, but put five runs in the second and two in the third to go up 9-3. They scored one run apiece in the next four innings...
- Butterfingered Bloomfield falls 10-6 to WRV
- LOCAL SPORTS ROUNDUP 4-24 (4/24/17)
- Lady Cardinal netters squeeze past BNL (4/24/17)
- WRV Lady Tennis Team falls 2-3 to North Daviess (4/24/17)
- Both Linton teams win at Miner Invitational (4/23/17)
- Passen's pitching, Miner bats ground Eagles (4/23/17)
- Riverton Parke blanks Bloomfield in five (4/23/17)
Community NotesSaturday, April 15 Matt and Mackenzie Miller will hold a fundraiser meal starting at 11 a.m., to benefit Bloomfield’s Jaden Lauderdale, who awaits a heart transplant at Riley Hospital. The meal is take-out and free-will donation based, and will include BBQ chicken, baked beans, cole slaw, and dessert. The event will be located in Odon, across from the Odon Locker...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Latest State & Nation News