Classic Cruisers continues tradition of givingThe Classic Cruisers Car Club is more than a group of Greene County car enthusiasts. Each year, the philanthropic group raises and distributes thousands of dollars to local charitable organizations and to Riley Children’s Hospital. “We do two car shows each year,” said Club President Bob Evans. ...
Municipal election filing period starts Jan. 8The filing period for the 2019 election cycle starts in January. Jan. 9 will be the first day for a candidate of a major political party to file for candidacy for the 2019 municipal primary election. The primary election is set for Tuesday, May 7 and the general election is Nov. 5...
Voices for Kids Open House and Silent Auction a successThe 2018 Voices for Kids Open House and Silent Auction was held Friday, Dec. 7 at the Greene County Courthouse. Held to benefit the Greene County Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) program, the fundraiser included performances by Bloomfield and Worthington second-graders, Cardinal Song, Center Stage and Joyful Noise...
- Theta Gamma Alpha Alum donate to Project Lifesaver (12/9/18)
- Dyar Real Estate gives GCHS a meowy Christmas (12/7/18)2
- Where there’s the will, there’s ‘The Way’ (12/7/18)
- Santa visits special guests in Switz City (12/6/18)
- DSI-Four Rivers seeks donations for emergency fund (12/6/18)
- Jasonville, Pregnancy Choices receive grants (12/6/18)
- Two longtime Beech Creek Advisory Board members receive Distinguished Hoosier Award (12/5/18)1
- Greene County Sheriff's Department Jail Log (12/5/18)
- GCGH Auxiliary holds annual Christmas dinner (12/5/18)
- Community Notes (12/5/18)
Mabel M. UsreyMabel M. Usrey, 89, of Linton, IN passed away Friday, Dec. 7, 2018, at Greene County General Hospital. She was born in Coalmont, IN Jan. 10, 1929, the daughter of Aaron Gardner and Sally White...
Linda Elaine Gambill HancockLinda Elaine Gambill Hancock, 78, of Linton, went to be with Jesus at 1:41 a.m. on Thursday, Nov. 22, 2018, after a long period of illness. She was born in Dugger on Jan. 14, 1940 and was the...
Imola V. ‘Mokie’ TannehillImola V. ‘Mokie’ Tannehill, 88, of Linton, passed away peacefully, on Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at Linton Nursing and Rehab. She was born in Switz City on November 24, 1930 to Asbury Dennis and Mazel...
Robert Stanley FiscusRobert Stanley Fiscus, age 96, of Spencer, passed away peacefully at 5:10 a.m. on Sunday, Dec. 2, 2018, at Aperion Care of Spencer. He was born in Arney, Ind. on May 14, 1922, the son of Benjamin H....
Greene County Sheriff's Department Jail Log (12/5/18)
Linton Police Department Activity Log (12/3/18)The Linton Police Department responded to 35 incidents and calls for service Nov. 30-Dec. 2, including four property damage accidents, one bank/residential alarm, four animal complaints, two assists...
Greene County Sheriff's Department Activity Log (12/3/18)The Greene County Sheriff’s Department responded to 45 incidents and calls for service from Nov. 30- Dec. 2, including five property damage accidents, two personal injury accidents, one alarm, two...
Court News (12/3/18)CRIMINAL CASES Robert C. Getchell, 41, Bicknell, Level 5 felony dealing in methamphetamine; Level 6 felony possession of methamphetamine Jodie McCarter, 48, Linton, Level 6 felony possession of methamphetamine Misty D. Knight, 26, Vincennes, Level 6 felony possession of methamphetamine...
By Patti DannerShop local, love local, pay it forward
Sabrina Stockrahm‘I am who I’m meant to be, this is me’
Andrew BowenThe Lady Cards win; better late than never1
Kristen InmanOn Beginnings and Endings2
Chris PruettIt's not time for retirement, just time for a change of scenery
Terry SchwinghammerPostseason dreams realized bring logistical nightmares
By Billy HollandTrust God and he will lead you
Brenda HancockBuild-a-basket provides basic needs
Lori WadeMoonlight Films gallery this weekend at Carnegie
Larry VandeventerWelcome to Autumn
Nicole StahlTreasurer’s office preparing for annual tax sale2
Ask a Greene GardenerHelp: Blooms falling from zucchini plant
- Lady Cardinals win in waning seconds at BRLady Cardinals win in waning seconds at BR By Andrew Bowen' SPORTS WRITER MONTGOMERY – When the seesaw stopped, Bloomfield was on top. Malea Toon sank a 10-footer with less than a minute to go Saturday afternoon, the defense held, and the visiting Lady Cardinals (7-5) edged Barr-Reeve 43-41. In a game where the teams stayed as close as magnets, Bloomfield coach Ron Knepp said he was proud of the Lady Cardinals' spirit...
- Both Shakamak teams hit the jackpot on Saturday (12/9/18)1
- Mustangs gallop over Bloomfield 74-55 on road (12/9/18)
- Lady Dawgs bop the Bobcats 47-24 (12/8/18)
- Bulldogs lead each quarter except the last (12/8/18)
- AREA ROUNDUP:Eastern nips Warriors 60-59 (12/8/18)
- Lady Miners comeback bid falls just short (12/8/18)
- Bloomfield wins third quarter to triumph over Eels (12/8/18)
Community NotesThursday, December 6 Linton-Stockton Elementary is hosting the Family Winter Walk from 5:30-8 p.m. at the elementary cabin, woods and gym. Free activities will include a visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus, homemade cookies, hot chocolate, bounce houses and live music. Shop at the Secret Santa Shop. Bring your camera...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Case Manager Position“THE VILLAGES, see open positions for this area on www.villageskids.org”
Colts Quarterback - Johnny Unitas PictureColts Quarterback Johnny Unitas 5x7 paper picture. Pick up in Worthington or Washington. Call or text 812-259-0690