Thunderbirds use scrimmages to get ready for football seasonEastern football players are using the summer to improve their game, lifting weights and scrimmaging against other schools. The Thunderbirds recently held a scrimmage with Tell City, Scottsburg, West...
Author to discuss ‘near death experience’ at local funeral homeWelch & Cornett Funeral Home will host an evening with Indiana native author and speaker Cindy Heigl, who will share the peace and grace she experienced during sudden cardiac arrest three years ago....
Federal indictment handed down in Sullivan County fraud caseA joint investigation between the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office and the Federal Bureau of Investigation has resulted in the arrest of a former controller of the Sullivan Automotive Group. Shari...
- Live Show: Linton Public Library to host viewing party for solar eclipse (7/21/17)
- Schematic design presented for proposed jail project (7/21/17)
- Two arrested after alleged battery (7/21/17)1
- Treasurer’s Office warns of possible scam (7/21/17)1
- Greene Gab Episode 41 (7/21/17)
- Community Notes (7/20/17)
- Wabash Valley Correctional Facility personnel attacked (7/20/17)3
- Technical Review Committee, Bloomfield Town Council “lock in” on pool (7/20/17)
- ‘Going Blue for Elliott’ event to support Blazier family (7/20/17)
- UPDATED: UDWI REMC names interim CEO (7/20/17)68
Richard JohnsonRichard “Rich” N. Johnson, age 64, of Linton, passed away peacefully at 2:52 p.m. on Thursday, July 20, 2017, at his residence, with his family at his side. He was born in Linton on Sept. 27, 1952,...
Richard JohnsonRichard Johnson, age 64, of Linton, formerly of Lyons, passed away on Thursday, May 20, 2017, at his residence. Arrangements are pending at Welch & Cornett Funeral Home in Linton and will be posted...
Linda HubbellLinda Hubbell, age 59, of Lyons, passed away at 8:32 p.m. on Monday, July 17, 2017, at Greene County General Hospital in Linton. She was born in Linton on Nov. 10, 1957, the daughter of Raymond and...
Shirley LaTempt FirestoneShirley LaTempt Firestone, 83, formerly of Linton, born in East St. Louis, Ill., June 28, 1934 passed away peacefully July 18, 2017 in The Villages, Fla. Shirley was preceded in death by her husband...
Linton Police Department activity log (7/21/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 14 incidents for service Friday, including two bank/residential alarms, two animal complaints, two extra patrols, four fingerprintings, two suspicious...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (7/20/17)Janie Marie Drew-Secrest, 46, Linton, was arrested on a writ of attachment. Bond is set at $400. Donald Hays, 39, Paragon, was arrested on a warrant for dealing methamphetamine and strangulation. No...
Linton Police Department activity log (7/20/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 27 incidents for service Thursday, including two property damage accidents, two animal complaints, one assist to other departments, two assists to the...
Court News (7/21/17)Criminal Cases Benjamin Parsley, 26, Worthington, Level 6 felony domestic battery against a child Michael Edmonson, 27, Worthington, Level 6 felony intimidation, Class A misdemeanor resisting law enforcement, Class B misdemeanor public intoxication, Class B misdemeanor disorderly conduct, Class C misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia...
Andrew ChristmanThe long road home
Sabrina StockrahmNo more tears
Chris PruettCity has to change with the times2
Andrew BowenBroken wrist keeps Hoover from Junior Olympic nationals
Terry SchwinghammerBig events on tap in the coming days1
By Patti DannerJaden Lauderdale: A Greene County girl with a heart of gold
By Billy HollandA true account of faith and forgiveness
Nicole StahlBidders must pre-register for tax sale
Larry VandeventerA Geezer Guide To Household Repairs
Brenda HancockSpring issue of Generations Magazine is out
Ask a Greene GardenerQuestion: What vegetables can I plant in the early spring?
Donna KluesnerMarsh Madness artist Marty Jones opens Friday at Carnegie1
Observing family dynamic, protecting city assets (7/17/17)It has been a busy week of news here in Greene County, starting with this year’s Greene County 4-H Fair. Hundreds of area youth from all over the county come together in the show ring to show off a...
Community overcomes negativity after Fourth of July scare (7/7/17)A fun evening of Fourth of July festivities ended with a scare Tuesday night, and our community was fortunate the damage done was not life threatening. Not too long after the Linton-Stockton Chamber...
- Bloomfield boy likes dirty drivingBLOOMFIELD -- He likes mud and dirt and “anything that can go fast.” Rylan Turpin, 8, is a Bloomfield lad who likes competing in motorized racing. He recently received a trophy for participating in a demolition derby for all-terrain vehicles, ages nine and under, at the Owen County fair. ...
- Miners host Southmont in scrimmage (7/21/17)
- Oliphant brings home third straight AAU volleyball championship (7/21/17)
- LOCAL SPORTS BRIEFS (7/20/17)
- Swim Team celebrates 50 years of history at End-of-Season party (7/20/17)
- Solsberry Hornet 5K set for Saturday morning (7/18/17)
- Fougerousse commits to IU (7/17/17)1
- Junior high Miner camp begins this week (7/17/17)
Community NotesFriday, July 21 Worthington VFW Post 7117, located at 25 North Commercial Street in Worthington, will hold a Benefit Dinner at 6 p.m. at the Post. The meal will be spaghetti and garlic bread for $6 to support the Veterans of Foreign Wars Core Programs, including Troop Support, Youth Scholarships, Educational Outreach, Youth Activities and Community Volunteerism...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
2016 Compass sport power chairCompass Golden Sport power chair. Used less than 6 months.
Limestone WorkersBybee Stone Co. is accepting applications for Planers, Stone Cutters and Heavy Laborers. Apply in person: 9 am – 3:30 pm M-F, 6293 N. Matthews Dr. Ellettsville, IN. Experience preferred but not required.