Open Arms to hold inaugural fundraising eventA fun-filled evening is planned at the Linton National Guard Armory on Saturday, Oct. 21 that will benefit Turning Point Education Center, a part of the Open Arms Family and Educational Services. A...
Road closure: CR 1000 West closed for rail workThe railroad crossing on County Road 1000 West will be closed today, Wednesday, Oct. 18. The Linton Police Department issued a Nixle release this morning advising motorists will need to use a...
Worthington library to celebrate 100 yearsThe Worthington Jefferson Township Public Library has seen a lot of change in the last century, and library leaders are inviting the community it serves to come out and celebrate its rich history....
- Greene County Foundation provides two education grants (10/18/17)
- Switz City to flush hydrants (10/18/17)
- Frightmares, a family bonded by (artificial) blood (10/17/17)
- Linton School Board hears department presentations (10/17/17)
- Portion of Hoosier Road to close (10/17/17)
- Linton Fall Arts Festival another success (10/16/17)
- LSHS students to share their faith (10/16/17)
- Two arrested after fleeing arrest (10/16/17)
- Community Notes (10/16/17)
- Project Lifesaver: Who does the program help? (10/16/17)
Emil M. SpencerEmil M. Spencer, 92, of Carmel, passed away on Monday, October 16, 2017 at IU Health Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis. He was born on Nov. 7, 1924 and raised on a farm in Switz City, Indiana.. His...
Kenneth Wilbur SparksKenneth Wilbur Sparks, 89, of Solsberry, passed away at 7:05 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 15, 2017 at IU Health Bloomington Hospital. Born Nov. 19, 1927 in Stanford, he was the son of Ernest and Vivian (Hough)...
Barbara L. DyerBarbara L. Dyer, 51, of Linton passed away at 11:04 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 14, 2017 in IU Health Bloomington Hospital. She was born March 30, 1966 in Terre Haute to Curtis L. Hughbanks, Jr. and Sharon...
Leonard J. KienzynskiLeonard J. Kienzynski, 79, of Bloomfield passed away Saturday, Oct. 14, 2017 at the Lyons Health & Living Center. Born Dec. 22, 1937 in Gary, the son of Walter and Anna (Dawiec) Kienzynski. Leonard...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (10/18/17)Samantha Mariann Carpenter, 23, Newberry, was arrested on a warrant for reckless driving. Bond set at $5,000 with 10 percent allowed. Brent Wayne Dyer, 47, Worthington, was arrested on a preliminary...
Linton Police Department activity log (10/18/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 19 incidents for service Wednesday, including one abandoned vehicle, one alarm, two animal complaints, one civil dispute, one civil paper service, one...
Linton Police Department Activity Log (10/17/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 10 incidents and calls for service Monday, including two animal complaints, two assists to other departments, one civil dispute, three fingerprinting and two...
Court News (10/13/17)Criminal Cases Bryce Bezy, 35, Shelburn, Class B misdemeanor possession of marijuana, Class C misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia Jeffrey Arthur, 24, Lyons, Class B misdemeanor possession of marijuana, Class A misdemeanor possession of marijuana, Class C misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia...
Access to assault rifles: ‘enough is enough’ (10/13/17)The recent massacre at an outdoor country music concert in Las Vegas has many Americans wondering. Wondering how such a thing could happen, how it could have been prevented and how long before we as...
Our Opinion: Open your hearts to children in need (10/6/17)Open Arms Christian Ministries will be hosting an informational meeting Saturday about the need and importance of foster parents in the community. The presentation will be at the Jasonville United...
- Lady Miner volleyballers seek first regional winThe Linton-Stockton Lady Miners volleyball team etched its name in the history books this past weekend at Mitchell, repeating as Class 2A sectional champions for the first time since the 2004 and 2005 seasons. Now the Lady Miners hope to continue making history Saturday in Class 2A Regional 12, also hosted by Mitchell...
- Bloomfield crushes Lady Wolverines in sectional semifinal (10/18/17)
- Eastern will try to tame the Cougars in sectional’s first round (10/18/17)
- Miners postseason journey begins Friday (10/18/17)
- Eastern will forfeit three or four football games (10/17/17)
- Lady Lakers cannot change the mo in loss to Clay City (10/17/17)
- UPDATED: WRV harriers Sparks, Davis semistate-bound (10/15/17)
- UPDATED: Bloomfield takes Clay City to the limit, but falls in sectional finale (10/15/17)
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield