"Love for Layla" night at Shakamak inspires givingRoughly 250 lbs. of dog chow, 3.5 lbs. of cat chow, 50 oz. of canned cat food, 20 cans of canned dog food, $75 in monetary donations and several sacks of treats and toys were donated to CAnine REscue (Care, Inc.) of Jasonville at Friday night's basketball game at Shakamak...
Lyons Raceway Park now Wagler Motorsports ParkLyons Raceway Park in Lyons has changed hands from Brent Jones to Jeremy Wagler, owner of Wagler Competition Products in Odon. In addition to being a raceway, Wagler is also converting the park to become a private motorsports training and testing facility that will focus on special events for the first year...
Greene Gab Ep. 67Join Kristen and Patti as they bring you news of REMC, some great kids at Eastern Greene, a calico kitty seeking a home and the wackiest holidays they could find!...
- Lyons Raceway Park now Wagler Motorsports Park (2/16/18)2
- Greene Gab Ep. 67 (2/16/18)
- Healing through music: jam session for Rachel Love (2/16/18)
- LSSC to hold eLearning Day Monday (2/15/18)
- City of Linton holiday trash (2/15/18)
- GCDW Pet of the Week (2/15/18)
- County celebrates jail groundbreaking (2/15/18)4
- Dr. Kohr presents cause of death, toxicology (2/15/18)
- Worthington Tri Kappas visit WRV Elementary (2/14/18)
- Police detail events leading up to finding body of Chase Aliano (2/14/18)
David "Dave" MattoxDavid "Dave" Mattox, 84, of Jasonville, passed away at 11 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018 in his residence in Jasonville. He was born June 29, 1933 in Terre Haute, to Earl Mattox and Evelyn (Edmonson)...
George E. "Groundhog" Murphy, Jr.George E. "Groundhog" Murphy, Jr., 71, of Switz City, went to be with the Lord on Friday, Feb. 16, 2018 at the Hospice House in Bloomington. George was born in Terre Haute on July 8, 1946 to George...
Marjorie (Brewer) HaleMarjorie (Brewer) Hale, age 93, of West Terre Haute, passed away peacefully on Thursday, Feb. 15, 2018, at Union Hospital. She was born in Greene County on Sept. 27, 1924, the daughter of the late...
Bobby Ray HamiltonBobby Ray Hamilton, 77, of Linton, passed away at 5:10 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 14, 2018 at his residence. Born June 26, 1940 in Linton, he was the son of Bernard W. and Iona (Slough) Hamilton. Bobby...
Greene County Sheriff's Department Jail Log (2/12/18)Steven Adam Taylor II, 18, Bloomington, was arrested on preliminary charges of Class B misdemeanor criminal mischief and Class C misdemeanor minor in possession of alcohol. Bond set at $500 with 10...
Greene County Sheriff's Department Activity Log (2/12/18)The Greene County Sheriff’s Department responded to 58 incidents and calls for service from Feb. 9 to 11, including two abandoned vehicles, three property damage accidents, three personal injury...
Andrew BowenArea teams delivered magnificent performances in sectional
Sabrina StockrahmI want to be my little sister when I grow up
By Patti DannerHave I lost my ever-lovin’ mind? It’s Linda Bedwell’s fault.
Kristen InmanFrequent thoughts: How did I end up here?
Chris PruettStudents showcase power of prayer
Terry SchwinghammerIt’s Holiday Tournament Season
- IHSAA sectional pairings setSunday evening the Indiana High School Athletic Association conducted its sectional drawing for the 108th annual boys basketball State Tournament. Sectional play is scheduled to begin Tuesday, February 27 and run through Saturday, March 3 at 64 sectional sites across the four classes...
- Gilbert, Moore duel; Clovers top Lakers (2/18/18)
- Bad second half dooms Wolverines at North Daviess (2/17/18)
- Eastern survives late rally to beat Shakamak 47-42 (2/17/18)
- Bloomfield obliterates Warriors with four full quarters (2/16/18)
- Fast start lifts Miners over T-Birds (2/16/18)
- Hutsonville spoils Union’s Senior Night 64-41 (2/16/18)
- Miners eyeing best season mark since 2013 State Finals team (2/16/18)
Community NotesMonday, February 12 The Linton-Stockton Board of School Trustees will hold a work session at 6 p.m. at the Administration Office located at 801 First St NE in Linton. Adult Book Club will meet at the Linton Public Library at 5 p.m. The current month’s book can be picked up at the circulation desk. All are welcome...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Australian Shepherd Mix Puppies14 weeks old. Farm raised. Good with cats, dogs, chickens, ducks, and children. Beginning potty training, hardly any accidents anymore. Some know how to sit and fewer know how to lay down :-) Approved homes only.
SCIS Security Officer PositonJOIN THE SECURITY INDUSTRY LEADER! Securitas Critical Infrastructure Services, Inc. (SCIS) Security Officers Advancement Opportunities SCIS (formerly Pinkerton Government Services) License, the nation’s only Specialty Services Company...