Linton-Stockton FFA Rings the Bell for Toys for TotsTitle Linton-Stockton FFA Rings the Bell for Toys for Tots Members of the Linton-Stockton FFA braved the cold temperatures this past Saturday at the SuperValu in Linton to ring the bell for Greene...
Dugger Union Community Schools hangs in balance of federal lawsuit3A federal lawsuit against Grace College, sponsor of Dugger Union Community School’s (DUCS) charter, may result in the closure of DUCS and other schools authorized by Grace College. On April 24, the...
‘Pickin Dixons’ brings years of experience to new store1Just in time for holiday shopping, antique-and-collectibles store Pickin Dixons will open in grand style Saturday. Located at 689 A Street Northwest in Linton, the former site of Southern Indiana...
- Bloomfield man arrested on theft, burglary warrant (12/8/17)3
- Bloomfield-Eastern Greene Library favored with Frankenstein funds (12/8/17)
- Meowy Christmas and Happy Howlidays pet pictures with Santa (12/8/17)
- GCDW Pet of the Week (12/8/17)
- Greene Gab Episode 58 (12/8/17)2
- One-vehicle accident results in fatality (12/7/17)3
- LeGrand show this weekend in Bloomfield (12/7/17)
- Pleasant Grove Farm is all spruced up for the holidays (12/7/17)
- Officers utilize fire extinguisher to suppress a house fire (12/7/17)
- Initial hearing held in Denny case (12/7/17)
Billy HouchinBilly Joe Houchin, 81, of Linton, passed away peacefully at 5:05 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 11, at Glenburn Home in Linton. He was born in Linton on April 13, 1936, the son of William and Bessie (Higar)...
Michael SyesterMichael R. ‘Mike’ Syester, 59, of Linton, IN, passed from this life, on Saturday, December 9, 2017, in Terre Haute, IN. He was born in Sullivan, IN, on January 13, 1958, to Joe E. and Roberta J....
John R. ReichmanJohn R. Reichman, 81, of Linton, Indiana, passed away surrounded by his family, on Friday, December 8, 2017 at his residence at Autumn Trace. He was born in Noble, Ill. on March 5, 1936 to Roy W. and...
Carolyn JacobCarolyn L. Jacob, 76, of Jasonville passed away at 11 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 7, 2017 in her residence. She was born July 10, 1941 in Linton to John Corbin and Lois (Hollingsworth) Corbin. Survivors...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (12/11/17)Kasie Michelle New, 28, Greenwood, was arrested on a warrant for writ of attachment. Bond set at $500. Angela Marie Woolems, 44, Harrodsburg, was arrested on a preliminary charge of possession of a...
Linton Police Department activity log (12/11/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 33 incidents for service Friday to Monday, including one abandoned vehicle, three property damage accidents, one alarm, one animal complaint, one assist to...
Greene County Sheriff's Department activity log (12/8/17)The Greene County Sheriff’s Department responded to 119 incidents for service Monday to Friday, including three abandoned vehicles, 13 property damage accidents, four personal injury accidents, 10...
Kristen InmanAxl Rose is (hopefully) getting evicted
Andrew BowenThunderbirds display true grit to the end
By Patti DannerI was never the girl next door...4
Jon SwabyOn the precipice of another firearms deer season
Terry SchwinghammerMore “History in the Making” for Thunderbirds?
Grant KarazsiaTwo rivets for a wing
We need to fight for net neutrality (12/1/17)When somebody mentions the need for a “free internet,” a lot of us may assume that by definition the internet is not free. After all, we have to pay for our monthly services, right? That includes a...
Eastern Greene’s success brings us together as a county (11/24/17)Despite a hard-fought loss, we at the Greene County Daily World would like to note the amount of community support we have witnessed for the Eastern Greene Thunderbirds. With a Greene County team...
- Mustangs run over Bloomfield 47-29BLOOMFIELD – The Mustangs trampled Bloomfield into an early hole Saturday night and held off a third-quarter rally to rout the Cardinals 47-29. Edgewood (4-2) led by double digits for much of the first half. Bloomfield (3-2) reduced the deficit to two points early in the third quarter, but the big, athletic Mustangs exploited Cardinal turnovers and missed shots to reel off an 8-0 run to end the period. Bloomfield coach Jamie Hudson said the Cardinals were too selfish against the Mustangs...
- Shakamak defrocks the Cardinals 64-29 (12/10/17)
- Lady Miners finish busy week with a win (12/10/17)
- T-Birds strike down Warriors (12/10/17)
- Bloomfield defense scuttles Lady Vikings (12/9/17)
- Lady ‘Dogs beat back Falcon rally (12/9/17)
- Falcons soar past Bulldogs (12/9/17)
- Hatchets chop down T-Birds (12/9/17)
Community NotesWednesday, December 6 The Linton-Stockton Board of School Trustees will have a work session at 6 p.m. and be held in the Administration Office. Thursday, December 7 Linton Public Library’s Storytime for preschoolers 10:30-11:30 a.m. Stories, rhymes, songs, activities and a Christmas craft...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
RN/LPN Home Health NurseHoosier Home Health, a locally owned agency, is seeking RN/LPNs to provide nursing care for our patients. As a Team member with Hoosier Home Health, you will be part of one of the fastest growing segments in the healthcare industry, with a company...
General House Cleaning NeededHouse cleaning needed every two weeks. References required. Please leave message with name and phone number @ 812 875-2603.