Open Arms set to open series at Worthington LibraryStarting April 6, the Worthington Jefferson Township Public Library will offer a series of instructional and informational presentations to the public, at its location at 26 North Commercial Street...
Pet of the Week 4-1
Jasonville man allegedly batters woman, confines her in residenceA Jasonville man is facing charges after allegedly refusing to let a female victim leave a residence and battering a relative when he arrived to help. According to a probable cause filed by Linton...
- Local Alzheimer’s group prepares for monthly meeting (3/28/17)
- Pre-construction work started to widen road by courthouse (3/28/17)1
- ‘Walk a Mile’ event promotes sexual assault awareness (3/28/17)
- UPDATE: Innkeeper’s Tax discussion rescheduled (3/27/17)
- Great-granddaughter arrives as the music plays on (3/27/17)
- Pickin’ and’a grinnin’ at Autumn Trace (3/27/17)
- Bloomfield’s ‘Cookie Lady’ makes life sweeter by the dozen (3/27/17)2
- Five generations in Greene County (3/27/17)
- Greene Gab Episode 31 (3/27/17)
- Coleman fuels ‘Wain Train’ to victory (3/27/17)1
Ruth L. Pinkston GardnerRuth L. Pinkston Gardner, 89, of Terre Haute and formerly of Jasonville, passed away at 9:00 p.m. Monday, March 27, 2017 in Greene County General Hospital in Linton. She was born April 29, 1927 in...
Betty Lou Inman PriceBetty Price drew her final breath on this earth March 28, 2017. Born Sept. 15, 1930, she was the daughter of Cletis and Beatrice Inman. Betty is survived by her children, Larry (Susan) Price, Ronnie...
James Charles HeaverJames Charles Heaver, 88, passed away peacefully at his home in Lyons on Monday, March 27, 2017. He was born on January 22, 1929, in Evanston, Ill. He was the son of Melvin and Sylvia Heaver. Jim...
Franklin D. WilesFranklin D. Wiles, 77, of Solsberry passed away Saturday March 25, 2017 at Garden Villa in Bloomington. Born July 23, 1939 in Greene County, Indiana, the son of Russell W. Wiles and Wanita (Thompson)...
Linton Police Department activity log (3/30/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 23 incidents for service Wednesday and Thursday, including two property damage accidents, one personal injury accident, one animal complaint, one EMS, four...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (3/30/17)Gino Joseph Meoli, 34, Linton, was arrested on preliminary charges of domestic battery and intimidation. Bond is set at $11,000.
Linton Police Department activity log (3/28/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 12 incidents for service Tuesday, including one animal complaint, one assist to other departments, one domestic dispute, five fingerprintings, two special...
Court News (3/28/17)Criminal Cases Tyler Gadberry, 30, Bloomfield, Class A misdemeanor domestic battery Allen Mackey, 33, Bloomington, Class A misdemeanor operating while intoxicated endangering a person, Class C misdemeanor operating while intoxicated Robert Lovelace, 21, Jasonville, Class A misdemeanor domestic battery, Level 5 felony criminal confinement with bodily injury, Class A misdemeanor battery resulting in bodily injury...
Larry VandeventerWhat is scratch?
Brenda HancockMeals on Wheels needs your help
By Billy HollandDarkness cannot overcome the light of God’s presence
Donna KluesnerMarsh Madness artist Marty Jones opens Friday at Carnegie
Cheryl HamiltonChamber learns about state agriculture
REMC Employees and RepresentativesDon’t forget to check your shoe
- Eastern ends four-year losing streak against ShoalsLITTLE CINCINNATI -- Eastern won its first softball game in four years Tuesday evening by slaughtering visiting Shoals 25-6. The Lady Thunderbirds (1-0) struck for 16 runs in the first inning to end a long winning drought. “Four years without a win,” Eastern coach Mike Prince said with a big grin on his face. “It feels really good. The girls are going out for ice cream. They did a really good job.”...
- Big innings bury Bulldogs in opener (3/28/17)
- Yeryar, Dieball tabbed for Top 60 Workout (3/28/17)
- Large or small, boys’ track teams will run for success this spring (3/28/17)
- Meurer, Oliver receive Griddy Awards (3/27/17)
- Lionesses tame Linton 9-3 in softball (3/27/17)1
- Small girls’ track teams have big hopes for season (3/25/17)
- Area links squads short on experience (3/24/17)
Community NotesSaturday, March 25 Linton VFW Post 7118 will host the Exit 11 Band, from 8 p.m. to midnight. No cover charge, the public is welcome and invited to attend. The Linton Public Library will host Teen Girls’ & Moms’ Origami from 1-2 p.m. Newberry Eastern Star will host a fundraiser soup supper from 5-7 pm, at the Masonic Lodge building. The menu will be soup, desserts and drinks. Donations only. The Newberry Eastern Star will host a fundraiser soup supper from 5 to 7 p.m., at the Masonic Lodge building. The menu will be soup, desserts and drinks. Donations only. The Ladies Auxiliary 172 in Jasonville will have an all you can eat soup night from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Chili, potato soup and vegetable soup will be offered, along with peanut butter sandwiches, crackers and a beverage. Cost is $5, with children five and under for $3. It will be held in the American Legion Family Room on Main Street in Jasonville.
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield