Woman's body recovered from Cataract FallsAccording to an official release by Indiana DNR Law Enforcement District 5, Indiana Conservation Officers have recovered the body of a 61-year-old woman at the Upper Falls in Cataract State...
Inaugural Worthington event a smashOn a sweltering July afternoon, new civic group Worthington Merchants and Friends held their first-ever Party in the Park event at Worthington Park. Formed in April, the group, founded by Worthington...
Solsberry man allegedly batters, threatens woman’s life1A Solsberry man is facing charges after he allegedly battered a woman in his residence and threatened her life. According to a probable cause filed by Greene County Sheriff’s Department Deputy Chris...
- Community Notes
- Glenburn Home to host 13 week GriefShare program
- Bloomfield Public Library assists homebound readers
- Author to discuss ‘near death experience’ at local funeral home (7/21/17)
- Live Show: Linton Public Library to host viewing party for solar eclipse (7/21/17)
- Schematic design presented for proposed jail project (7/21/17)
- Federal indictment handed down in Sullivan County fraud case (7/21/17)
- STEM activities come to local libraries (7/21/17)
- Two arrested after alleged battery (7/21/17)1
- Treasurer’s Office warns of possible scam (7/21/17)1
James R. RichardsJames R. Richards, 84, of Franklin, passed away on Friday, July 7, 2017. He was born to the late Theodore and Tommy Lee (Wright) Richards. James was a history teacher for Vigo County School...
Jack WallaceJack Wallace, 86 of Dugger, passed away on Sunday, July 23, 2017 at his home in Dugger. Jack was born on Nov. 7, 1930 in Pleasantville, the son of Scott Wallace and Beatrice (Carrico) Wallace. He was...
Harvey Helms Jr.Harvey “Junior” Helms Jr., age 88, of Bloomington, passed away on July 17, 2017 in an automobile accident. He was born on July 29, 1928 to Harvey, Sr. and Mildred (Heaton) Helms in Bloomfield. Harvey...
Donna R. CurlDonna Ruth Curl, 55, of Fayetteville, NC passed away at home Wednesday, July 19 following a long illness. She was born March 20, 1962 in Knox County to James and Margaret (Sapp) Robertson. She was...
Linton Police Department Activity Log (7/24/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 70 incidents and calls for service from Friday to Sunday, including two property damage accidents, one personal injury accident, three alarms, four animal...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Activity Log (7/24/17)The Greene County Sheriff’s Department responded to 131 incidents and calls for service from July 17-21, including two abandoned vehicles, seven property damage accidents, one personal injury...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (7/24/17)Dustin Mark Brooks, 22, of Indianapolis, was arrested on a warrant for possession of marijuana. No bond set. Fawn Kimberly Dove, 35, of Linton, was arrested on a warrant for two counts operating...
Court News (7/21/17)Criminal Cases Benjamin Parsley, 26, Worthington, Level 6 felony domestic battery against a child Michael Edmonson, 27, Worthington, Level 6 felony intimidation, Class A misdemeanor resisting law enforcement, Class B misdemeanor public intoxication, Class B misdemeanor disorderly conduct, Class C misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia...
Andrew ChristmanThe long road home
Sabrina StockrahmNo more tears
Chris PruettCity has to change with the times2
Andrew BowenBroken wrist keeps Hoover from Junior Olympic nationals
Terry SchwinghammerBig events on tap in the coming days1
By Patti DannerJaden Lauderdale: A Greene County girl with a heart of gold
By Billy HollandA true account of faith and forgiveness
Nicole StahlBidders must pre-register for tax sale
Larry VandeventerA Geezer Guide To Household Repairs
Brenda HancockSpring issue of Generations Magazine is out
Ask a Greene GardenerQuestion: What vegetables can I plant in the early spring?
Donna KluesnerMarsh Madness artist Marty Jones opens Friday at Carnegie1
Our Opinion: Keep the comments clean (7/23/17)Technology has made it much easier for us to reach out to and hear from our readers, and for that we are grateful. But, sometimes the ease of accessibility and ability to say whatever one thinks in a...
Observing family dynamic, protecting city assets (7/17/17)It has been a busy week of news here in Greene County, starting with this year’s Greene County 4-H Fair. Hundreds of area youth from all over the county come together in the show ring to show off a...
- Linton, Sullivan communities come together for a greater causeThe Linton-Sullivan rivalry on the football field is well documented. The Linton Miners and Sullivan Golden Arrows have lined up across from each other on the football field for over a century. The series dates back to 1904 with a break from 1909 until 1920. The two teams have met every year since 1926...
- LOCAL SPORTS BRIEFS
- Thunderbirds use scrimmages to get ready for football season (7/21/17)
- Miners host Southmont in scrimmage (7/21/17)
- Oliphant brings home third straight AAU volleyball championship (7/21/17)
- LOCAL SPORTS BRIEFS (7/20/17)
- Swim Team celebrates 50 years of history at End-of-Season party (7/20/17)
- Solsberry Hornet 5K set for Saturday morning (7/18/17)
Community NotesTuesday, July 25 The Linton-Stockton Board of School Trustees will meet in executive session at 5 p.m.. This meeting will be held at 801 NE 1st Street in Linton. Wednesday, July 26 White River Valley will hold registration for freshmen and sophomores, freshmen may register from 8-11 a.m., and sophomores from noon to 3 p.m. at WRV. Those from any grade who are unable to make these times may register from 3-6:30 p.m. on Wednesday...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
2016 Compass sport power chairCompass Golden Sport power chair. Used less than 6 months.
Limestone WorkersBybee Stone Co. is accepting applications for Planers, Stone Cutters and Heavy Laborers. Apply in person: 9 am – 3:30 pm M-F, 6293 N. Matthews Dr. Ellettsville, IN. Experience preferred but not required.
Latest State & Nation News