Updates released on Friday robberyThe Linton Police Department has released additional information regarding the vehicle of the suspect who robbed Linton’s BloomBank on Friday. According to the press release, the suspect was driving...
UPDATE: Linton Bloombank robbed3Linton’s Bloom bank was just robbed by an unknown white male. He was last seen getting into a grey vehicle behind McDonalds restaurant heading towards the shopping center. Unknown of any other...
Greene Gab Episode 45
- IDEM issues air quality action day for Sunday for two Indiana regions (8/18/17)2
- Solsberry home deemed total loss after fire (8/18/17)
- WRV Board approves of study committee (8/17/17)
- Clear the Shelter event to help find homes for long-time tenants (8/17/17)
- Lauderdale memorial mud bog event this weekend (8/17/17)
- Students breathe new life into old bus (8/17/17)
- City of Linton working to develop new industrial park (8/17/17)
- Linton Farmers’ Market welcomes Liberty Bell BBQ (8/17/17)
- LSSC seeking ‘Cause for Applause’ nominations (8/17/17)
- Here comes the sun, are you prepared? (8/16/17)
Scott Richard RyanScott Richard Ryan, 61, formally of Odon, passed away on Aug. 16, 2017 at Crown Bay Nursing Home in Alameda, Calif. He was born in Berkley, Calif. on Nov. 12, 1955 to Norman and Gloria Ryan....
Meredith CooperMeredith Mix Cooper, 82, died peacefully Friday, Aug. 11, 2017. He is predeceased by his wife of 57 years, Ronda (Grabbe) Cooper. He leaves his daughters Kelly (Tim) Crotty and Ashley (John)...
James HensleyJames E. Hensley, 70, of Tallahassee, Florida, formerly of Linton, Indiana, passed away peacefully, on Thursday, Aug. 10, 2017 at Lake Butler, Fla. He was born in Linton on Oct, 28, 1946 to Eugene...
Cohen FirestoneCohen Firestone, stillborn, opened his eyes for the first time on Aug. 9, 2017, seeing the face of Jesus. The son of Reid L. and Deidra A. (Drake) Firestone of Sandborn, Cohen was born on Aug. 9,...
Linton Police Department activity log (8/17/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 12 incidents for service Thursday, including one animal complaint, one domestic dispute, one harassment, one interview, one property, one attempted suicide,...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (8/17/17)Steven Earl Strange, 43, Bloomington, was arrested on a warrant for residential entry. Bond set at $5,000 with 10 percent allowed. Randall Lee Wright, 59, Bloomington, was arrested on a preliminary...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (8/16/17)Valerie Herbst, 53, Bloomfield, was arrested on a preliminary charge of battery. Bond set at $500 with 10 percent allowed. Nicole Renee Miller, 28, Bedford, was arrested on a warrant for dealing...
Larry VandeventerI’m not fat, I’m frothy
By Billy HollandAre we a spectator or a participator?
Ask a Greene GardenerRidding garden of Japanese Beetles
Nicole StahlBidders must pre-register for tax sale
Brenda HancockSpring issue of Generations Magazine is out
Donna KluesnerMarsh Madness artist Marty Jones opens Friday at Carnegie1
Legislation could ‘pit teacher against teacher’ (8/18/17)School boards across the state have changed the way a Teacher Appreciation Grant (TAG) will be distributed at the end of the year. For better or worse, due to this being a requirement at the state...
There’s still time to provide input on Vote Center Plan (8/16/17)Voters have until the end of the week to provide their input on a plan which could change the way Greene Countians vote. Last month, Greene County Clerk Susan Fowler and Voter Registration Clerk...
- Eastern wins 'track meet' 68-44FRENCH LICK – They broke 100 Friday night. Visiting Eastern (1-0) romped over Springs Valley (0-1) 68-44 in the first football game of the season for both teams as the squads generated more offense than American politics. The Thunderbirds pumped out 635 total yards while Springs racked up 507 as they combined for 1,142 yards...
- Miners battle but come up just short (8/18/17)
- Bloomfield loses a close match, then gets shellacked (8/18/17)
- Eastern rallies late, but cannot prevail against Lady Bulldogs (8/18/17)
- Will the Bulldogs prove mightier than the Lions? (8/18/17)1
- Lady Cards pick up second conference win (8/18/17)
- Lady Miner linksters tee it up against Braves, Warriors (8/17/17)
- Lady Laker volleyballers notch first win (8/17/17)
Community NotesWednesday, August 16 The Linton Youth Football League will hold sign ups from 6-8 p.m. at the LHS football field. Children that turn 8 before Jan. 31 are eligible for the tackle league and there is a flag league for children age 6 and 7. Cost for the tackle league is $60 per player and cost for the flag league is $25 per player. For more information, call 812-512-2430...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
City Real Estate
House for SaleThree bedroom, 1.5 bath, house for sale (no contracts). Nice town lot, with lots of mature trees in the backyard, and still plenty of room for a garden. New windows, new roof, new half bath upstairs, and remodeled full bath downstairs 5 years ago....
Latest State & Nation News