WRV BPA team breaks records in Terre HauteWhite River Valley High School’s Business Professionals of America members traveled to Ivy Tech in Terre Haute with BPA sponsor and business teacher Ruan Fougerousse Dec. 7 to compete in the BPA Regionals, bringing home a record-breaking 31 plaques and 36 medals...
Lyons man shot during altercationA shooting incident in Lyons resulted in an aggravated battery charge for a Terre Haute man. Anthony R. Prouse, 28, was booked into Greene County Jail late Monday night on preliminary charges of Level 3 felony aggravated battery, Level 5 felony battery by means of a deadly weapon and Class A misdemeanor false informing...
VIDEO: LSSC to host robotics competitionLinton-Stockton School Corporation will be host to a robotics competition. Linton Miner Robotics Club Sponsor Tiff Todd announced the upcoming event during a student demonstration at the Linton-Stockton School Board meeting Monday night. --...
- Community supports trips to statehouse
- Court News (1/22/19)
- Greene County Sheriff's Department Activity Log (1/22/19)
- Bloomfield Elementary Honor Roll (1/22/19)
- Programs can help with utility bills in Linton (1/22/19)
- WRV will hold the first of three public work sessions Wednesday (1/22/19)
- Bloomfield Homecoming is Saturday (1/22/19)
- County to participate in Broadband Readiness Planning Grant (1/22/19)
- WRV School Board conducts first meeting of 2019 (1/21/19)1
- IU to partner with Greene County, planning session Wednesday (1/21/19)
Susan SickoraSusan Sickora, 64, of Freelandville, passed away at 11:16 p.m. Monday, January 21, 2019 in Prairie Village Nursing and Rehab in Washington. She was born October 5, 1954 in Sullivan, to Mervin Walter...
Meredith C. CarrMeredith C. Carr, age 91, of Linton, passed away peacefully at 7:05 a.m. on Monday, Jan. 21, 2019, at Greene County General Hospital. She was born in Greene County on May 29, 1927, the daughter of...
Carroll J. Horne
Iris R. "Sunshine" PeaveyIris R. "Sunshine" Peavey, 97, of Jasonville, passed away at 7:29 a.m. Friday, Jan. 18, 2019 in her residence. She was born June 30, 1921 in Greene County, to George and Audrey (Henney) Pope. Iris...
Greene County Sheriff's Department Activity Log (1/22/19)The Greene County Sheriff’s Department responded to 62 incidents and calls for service from Jan. 19-20, including 19 property damage accidents, one personal injury accident, one alarm, one animal...
Linton Police Department Activity Log (1/21/19)The Linton Police Department responded to 49 incidents and calls for service Jan. 14-17, including one bank/residential alarm, one drug investigation, two juvenile complaints, one threat, three ...
Greene County Sheriff's Department Activity Log (1/21/19)The Greene County Sheriff’s Department responded to 91 incidents and calls for service from Jan. 14-18, including two abandoned vehicles, seven property damage accidents, three personal injury...
Court News (1/22/19)CRIMINAL CASES Kiana D. Fleshman, 24, Switz City, Level 6 felony possession of methamphetamine; Class B misdemeanor possession of marijuana Brant A. Thompson, 36, Bloomfield, Level 6 felony failure to register as a sex or violent offender Kyla L. Sims, 20, Linton, Level 6 felony possession of methamphetamine...
Sabrina StockrahmAppreciate progress
Andrew BowenGCI delivered a tourney to delight hoops fans
By Patti DannerHoodwinked! How one little grey kitten outsmarted five adult humans
Terry SchwinghammerLong overdue recognition for harriers
Kristen InmanOn Beginnings and Endings2
Chris PruettIt's not time for retirement, just time for a change of scenery
Larry VandeventerHave you ever wondered?
By Billy HollandA wonderful time to begin brand new
Nicole StahlTreasurer’s office gives back
Brenda HancockBuild-a-basket provides basic needs
Lori WadeMoonlight Films gallery this weekend at Carnegie
Ask a Greene GardenerHelp: Blooms falling from zucchini plant
- Lady Miners start strong, finish off Lady ArrowsA strong start to both halves carried the Linton-Stockton Lady Miners (19-3) to victory over the rival Sullivan Lady Arrows (13-9), 60-38 in girls hardwood action Tuesday at Linton. Linton scored the game’s first seven points, then started the third quarter on a 14-0 run to take a 24-point lead, 46-22...
- Lady Cardinals swoop on North Daviess for 40-17 win (1/22/19)
- IHSAA Girls Basketball Sectional pairings set (1/21/19)
- Lady Miners tame the Lionesses 56-50 (1/20/19)
- AREA ROUNDUP: Dawgs shoot down Eagles (1/20/19)
- AREA ROUNDUP: WRV girls; Elementary girls and boys (1/19/19)
- UPDATED: WRV upsets Sullivan; Records injured (1/19/19)
- County schools change times or cancel games due to impending weather (1/19/19)
Community NotesCommunity Notes Thursday, January 17 Free Diabetes Empowerment Education Program offered at Greene County General Hospital’s White House (just north of Greene County General Hospital). Classes begin from 2-4 p.m. and continue every Thursday until February 21, 2019. Call 812-562-0006 to register...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Pet sitterI am booking appointments for pet sitting for the months of February, March and April. I have references and have reasonable rates. I come to your home and watch your pets while you are gone. I do from a few hours and 2-3 weeks. However long you...
ExcavatingKnepp Excavating dirt work, rock hualing,septic systems,drainage work,tree removal.
- The Latest: US says Maduro should go; recognizes new leader
- Venezuela's Guaido declares himself president amid protests
- States move to ease restrictions on child sex-abuse lawsuits
- Week 5: House Dems float '21st Century' border security plan
- Los Angeles teachers return to schools after reaching deal