Greene County native saves infant’s life at WVCFCARLISLE – On Sunday, April 1, 2018, Officer Regina Ward was working in the North Visiting Room when she noticed a one year old infant choking on a potato chip. According to a press release from the Wabash Valley Correctional Facility, Officer Ward, a Greene County native, offered her assistance to the grandmother of the infant who in turn handed the child to Ward. ...
WRV event unites students to end school violenceAn event held Tuesday afternoon at White River Valley High School united students from WRV, Eastern Greene and Bloomfield High School and featured a dynamic speaker on the topic of ending school violence. According to his website, Nathan Harmon, founder of yourlifespeaks.org,, is the most-booked school speaker in the country...
UDWI REMC board approves sale of land parcel to Crossroads CafeThe UDWI REMC Board of Directors met Monday evening, and the meeting agenda included a board resolution to allow management to facilitate the sale of .93 acres of UDWI-owned land to Crossroads Café. The owners of Crossroads approached UDWI to purchase the small piece of land, which is located adjacent the café in order to secure enough space to update its current septic system to meet code requirements. UDWI expects the sale to be finalized within 30-60 days...
- Greene County native saves infant’s life at WVCF
- Community Notes
- WRV event unites students to end school violence (4/24/18)
- UDWI REMC board approves sale of land parcel to Crossroads Cafe (4/24/18)3
- Court News (4/24/18)
- Community Notes (4/24/18)
- Local clinic offers free STD testing (4/24/18)
- GCF Community Support Grant cycle now open (4/24/18)
- Bloomfield’s winning SeaPerch teams raising funds for International Competition (4/23/18)
- GCSD discovers suspected marijuana grow operation (4/22/18)
Steven Rex WilsonSteven Rex Wilson, 65, of Bloomfield, passed away Monday, April 23, 2018 at Greene County General Hospital. Born Nov. 15, 1952 in Linton, he was the son of Rex and Rosalie (Nethery) Wilson. Steven...
Mark BohnMark Bohn of Bloomfield passed away on Friday April 20, 2018 at the Roudebush VA Medical Center in Indianapolis after a brief illness. He was born on August 11, 1957 in Chicago Heights Ill. to...
William “Bill” L. CallihanWilliam “Bill” L. Callihan, age 65, of Linton, passed away at 1:56 a.m. on Saturday, April 21, 2018, at Union Hospital in Terre Haute. He was born in Linton on Nov. 1, 1952, the son of Maurice “Bob”...
Mary Ruth GremoreMary Ruth Gremore, 86, of Odon, and formerly of Bloomfield, went home to be with the Lord on Friday, April 20, 2018. She was born May 19, 1931, to Mary Doris (Jones) and William J. Bullock in...
Linton Police Department Activity Log (4/20/18)Linton Police Department Activity Log The Linton Police Department responded to 50 incidents and calls for service Tuesday and Wednesday, including one assist to other departments, one bank/...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (4/20/18)Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log Kayla Jo Pirtle, 30, Carlisle, was arrested on a preliminary charge of operating while intoxicated. Bond set at $4,000 Dustin Frederick Abel, 30,...
Court News (4/24/18)CRIMINAL CASES Leonard J. Corbin, 47, Bloomington, Class A misdemeanor domestic battery Kayla J. Pirtle, 30, Carlisle, Class C misdemeanor OVI; Class A misdemeanor OVI with blood alcohol equivalent to .15 or more Kevin D. Lithincum, 48, Bloomfield, Class A misdemeanor OVI; Class A misdemeanor driving while suspended with prior conviction; Class B misdemeanor leaving the scene of an accident...
Chris PruettUnderstanding the Indiana voucher program and its impact1
Sabrina StockrahmRemembering our 2017 Shining Star
Terry SchwinghammerOne of these days, spring will arrive...for good
Kristen InmanOn bearing witness
By Patti DannerBack to the land of lattes and weed
Andrew BowenTindley stops Greene County team for second year in a row1
Brenda HancockTips for dealing with forgetfulness
Larry VandeventerA real pain in the dairy air
By Billy HollandPrayer is the least and the most we can do
Savannah Boone Community BloggerDown but not out
Nicole StahlLinton bank will also collect tax payments
Ask a Greene GardenerIs Master Gardener Program a good fit for you?
- Miners hold off Patriot uprisingThe Linton Miners fired the first shot and withstood one last Patriot charge, holding off the Terre Haute North Patriots to earn a 5-0 win Tuesday at North. “It was a good win against a good ballclub, year in and year out,” Linton coach Matt Fougerousse said. “Terre Haute North has baseball tradition so it was a good win for us.”...
- Miner linksters top Lakers, Wolverines and Vikings in four-way (4/24/18)
- AREA ROUNDUP: Bloomfield, WRV, Union, and Linton baseball; Bloomfield tennis; Linton and WRV softball (4/22/18)
- WRV girls, Eastern boys both place second at Miner Invitational (4/22/18)
- AREA ROUNDUP: Bloomfield tennis, Linton and WRV softball, (4/22/18)
- Bloomfield Finishes Fourth at Washington Invitational (4/21/18)
- Lady Lakers sweep Eminence (4/21/18)
- Two-hit Miners win at Brown County (4/21/18)
Community NotesFriday, April 27 Come support the WRV’s Champions Together fundraiser for Special Olympics. On April 27, Cinco De Mayo Restaurant, in Lyons, will donate 10 percent of all profits the entire day to benefit Champions Together. Lively Ladies will meet at Linton Public Library from 1-3 p.m. It is primarily for ladies of retirement age. Event features wide variety of guest speakers, some light refreshments and a fun time to relax...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield