Wabash Valley Correctional Facility personnel attacked1Carlisle - A Wabash Valley Correctional Facility (WVCF) sergeant and two correctional officers were rushed to the hospital after a brutal attack by two offenders shortly before 6:30 a.m. Offender...
Technical Review Committee, Bloomfield Town Council “lock in” on poolIn a small but important gesture, the Bloomfield Town Council and Technical Review Committee have decided to turn in their $3,500 coring sample bill to the Department of Natural Resources. The...
‘Going Blue for Elliott’ event to support Blazier familyThe community is encouraged to “Go Blue for Elliott” this weekend to support a Bloomfield family following the loss of their young son. Elliott Dean Blazier, the 2-year-old son of Bloomfield Police...
- Community Notes
- Failure to signal lands man in jail 2
- Community Notes (7/19/17)
- Community Notes (7/19/17)
- Council approves abatement at Progress Pointe (7/19/17)4
- Volunteer drivers needed in Greene County to transport cancer patients (7/19/17)
- DHHS issues advice for dealing with extreme heat (7/18/17)
- GCGH to co-sponsor seminar with Prosecutor’s Office (7/18/17)
- GCDW Pet of the Week (7/18/17)
- Input sought for Vote Center plan (7/18/17)
Richard JohnsonRichard Johnson, age 64, of Linton, formerly of Lyons, passed away on Thursday, May 20, 2017, at his residence. Arrangements are pending at Welch & Cornett Funeral Home in Linton and will be posted...
Linda HubbellLinda Hubbell, age 59, of Lyons, passed away at 8:32 p.m. on Monday, July 17, 2017, at Greene County General Hospital in Linton. She was born in Linton on Nov. 10, 1957, the daughter of Raymond and...
Shirley LaTempt FirestoneShirley LaTempt Firestone, 83, formerly of Linton, born in East St. Louis, Ill., June 28, 1934 passed away peacefully July 18, 2017 in The Villages, Fla. Shirley was preceded in death by her husband...
David TroskyDavid L. Trosky, 85, of Linton, passed away at 6:02 a.m. on Friday, July 14, 2017 at Autumn Trace in Linton. He was born on May 21, 1932 in Indianapolis, the son of Charles and Dorothy (Rosemeyer)...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (7/20/17)Janie Marie Drew-Secrest, 46, Linton, was arrested on a writ of attachment. Bond is set at $400. Donald Hays, 39, Paragon, was arrested on a warrant for dealing methamphetamine and strangulation. No...
Linton Police Department activity log (7/20/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 27 incidents for service Thursday, including two property damage accidents, two animal complaints, one assist to other departments, two assists to the...
Linton Police Department activity log (7/19/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 18 incidents for service Wednesday, including two bank/residential alarms, one animal complaint, one battery, one domestic dispute, one extra patrol, four...
Court News (7/14/17)Criminal Cases Joshua Cox, 34, Linton, Level 5 felony failure to register as a sex offender, Level 6 felony failure to register as a sex offender, Class A misdemeanor theft David Foster, 55, Bloomfield, Class A misdemeanor attempt to commit theft Barbara Hubbard, 27, Jasonville, Class A misdemeanor domestic battery...
Chris PruettCity has to change with the times2
Terry SchwinghammerBig events on tap in the coming days1
By Patti DannerJaden Lauderdale: A Greene County girl with a heart of gold
Andrew ChristmanA bond of books, food and walks
Sabrina StockrahmThe newest Stockrahm is a....
Grant KarazsiaMurphy, you can have my house
By Billy HollandWhen life doesn’t make sense
Larry VandeventerA Geezer Guide To Household Repairs
Brenda HancockSpring issue of Generations Magazine is out
Ask a Greene GardenerQuestion: What vegetables can I plant in the early spring?
Donna KluesnerMarsh Madness artist Marty Jones opens Friday at Carnegie1
Cheryl HamiltonChamber learns about state agriculture
Observing family dynamic, protecting city assets (7/17/17)It has been a busy week of news here in Greene County, starting with this year’s Greene County 4-H Fair. Hundreds of area youth from all over the county come together in the show ring to show off a...
Community overcomes negativity after Fourth of July scare (7/7/17)A fun evening of Fourth of July festivities ended with a scare Tuesday night, and our community was fortunate the damage done was not life threatening. Not too long after the Linton-Stockton Chamber...
- Swim Team celebrates 50 years of history at End-of-Season partyEvery year the Greene County Stingrays Aquatics Club celebrates the continued successes of the swim team at its annual end of season party. But this year’s season-ending bash Tuesday evening was extra special. It was the 50th Anniversary celebration for the swim team, based in Linton since the opening of A.M. Risher Pool in the mid-1960s...
- LOCAL SPORTS BRIEFS
- Solsberry Hornet 5K set for Saturday morning (7/18/17)
- Fougerousse commits to IU (7/17/17)1
- Junior high Miner camp begins this week (7/17/17)
- UPDATED: French win third straight GCO title (7/16/17)
- Brinegar leads GCO after Day One (7/15/17)
- UPDATED: Gentry, Meurer take the field once again in All-Star Classic (7/14/17)
Community NotesFriday, July 21 Worthington VFW Post 7117, located at 25 North Commercial Street in Worthington, will hold a Benefit Dinner at 6 p.m. at the Post. The meal will be spaghetti and garlic bread for $6 to support the Veterans of Foreign Wars Core Programs, including Troop Support, Youth Scholarships, Educational Outreach, Youth Activities and Community Volunteerism...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
2016 Compass sport power chairCompass Golden Sport power chair. Used less than 6 months.
Limestone WorkersBybee Stone Co. is accepting applications for Planers, Stone Cutters and Heavy Laborers. Apply in person: 9 am – 3:30 pm M-F, 6293 N. Matthews Dr. Ellettsville, IN. Experience preferred but not required.
Latest State & Nation News