Greene Gab Ep. 63This week, Kristen and Patti discuss a power outage, first baby of the year and more!...
GCDW Pet of the WeekOur Pet of the Week this week is Norah. Norah is a 6-month-old domestic shorthair cat. Norah is spayed, current on shots and litter box trained. The staff at the Greene County Humane Society said she...
Smith seeking re-election as Stockton Township TrusteeIncumbent Donna Smith has announced her intention to run for re-election to the office of Stockton Township Trustee. Smith was Clerk-Investigator for two and a half years before being elected as as...
- Powell announces candidacy for assessor (1/18/18)
- WRV Board of School Trustees announces snow make-up days (1/18/18)
- Linton Police Department Activity Log (1/18/18)
- Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (1/18/18)
- Matt Baker fills auditor’s position (1/18/18)2
- UPDATED: First baby of 2018 is seventh for Delph family of Linton (1/17/18)1
- Linton-Stockton third-grader Julie Chen named Spelling Bee Champ (1/17/18)
- Delays for Thursday, Jan. 18, 2018 (1/17/18)
- Unsafe conditions force Worthington family from their home (1/17/18)
- Greene County General Hospital Board to support Opioid Safety Program (1/17/18)
Michael A. “Mike” CadwellMichael A. “Mike” Cadwell, 69, of Midland passed away at 11:50 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2018 at Greene County General Hospital. He was born Nov. 22, 1948 in Linton to Richard L. Cadwell and Margaret...
Mike OckermanMike Ockerman, 68, of Marshall, Ill. passed away Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2018 at Union Hospital in Terre Haute. He was born Feb. 8, 1949 in Linton to Billy Donald and Beverly Ann (Pullen) Ockerman. Mike...
Thomas L. HowellThomas L. Howell, 65, of Worthington, Indiana, went to Heaven peacefully, on Thursday, January 18, 2018, at Indianapolis. He was born in Marion County, Indiana on January 24, 1952, to Russell L. and...
Arnold G. EngleArnold G. Engle, age 97, of Linton, passed away peacefully on Tuesday, January 16, 2018, at Linton Nursing & Rehab Center. He was born in Ft. Wayne on December 20, 1920, the son of Charles L. and...
Linton Police Department Activity Log (1/18/18)The Linton Police Department responded to five incidents from Jan. 16-17. These incidents included one property damage accident, one assist to other departments, one fingerprinting, one incident of...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (1/18/18)William Wayne Lacer, 38, Linton, was arrested on a warrant for Level 5 felony intimidation, Level 6 felony domestic battery and Level 6 felony pointing a firearm at another person. Bond set at...
Linton Police Department Activity Log (1/15/18)The Linton Police Department responded to 49 incidents and calls for service from Jan. 11-15, including two animal complaints, two criminal mischief, two theft, one threat, seven assists to other...
Court News (1/10/18)CRIMINAL CASES Stephanie J. Hawkins, 33, Jasonville, Level 6 felony possession of methamphetamine Class A misdemeanor driving while suspended prior conviction, Class C misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia Steven Earl Strange, 43, Washington, Level 6 felony possession of methamphetamine, Class C misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia...
Andrew BowenInvitational ended on a high note, a classic game
Chris PruettStudents showcase power of prayer
Terry SchwinghammerIt’s Holiday Tournament Season
Sabrina StockrahmI’m back after welcoming beautiful baby girl1
Kristen InmanAxl Rose is (hopefully) getting evicted
By Patti DannerI was never the girl next door...4
Our village is strong (1/18/18)We don’t think it is possible to reiterate enough times how amazing Greene County is. In our line of work, we often see the best and worst of people, and fortunately the best always shines through....
It’s the most wonderful time of year (12/23/17)While one of our Greene County Daily World reporters was speaking with a source earlier this week, he said, “People just don’t realize how much Linton and Greene County have to offer.” With weeks...
- Lady Lakers fight off Eastern rally to win 50-36JASONVILLE -- Shakamak fought off an Eastern rally in the third quarter Thursday night and posted a 50-36 win over the visiting Lady Thunderbirds. The Lady Lakers (4-15, 1-6 in Southwest Indiana Athletic Conference play) led 27-17 at the break thanks to a good effort in the first quarter. Eastern (2-18, 0-5) ripped off the first six points of the third quarter, but could never get closer than four, and Shakamak pulled away at the foul line in the fourth quarter...
- Shutout second quarter propels Lady Miners past Lady Cards
- Sports Cancellations and Reschedulings (1/17/18)
- Weekly Prep Roundball Previews (1/17/18)
- ROUNDUP: Austin Robertson, Cancellations and Reschedulings (1/16/18)
- Cancellation (1/15/18)
- UPDATED: Bulldogs, Lady Bulldogs sweep Living Water Marlins in Blue Streak Classic (1/14/18)
- LadyBirds rally to edge WRV 60-54 (1/13/18)
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield