Recycling Center employees won’t shiver this winterThe Greene County Solid Waste Management (GCSWM) board met on Wednesday for their regular monthly meeting, and Board President Nathan Abrams had a surprise for employees of both the Linton and Switz...
Teams wanted for co-ed softball tournament to benefit Savannah Boone SaturdayThere are many ways people can come together to help someone in the community, but for Hannah (Gennicks) Montgomery, it was through love of the sport of softball which led her to organize a...
- Community Notes
- A local author's first book
- Former Bloomfield man voted into Horseshoe Hall of Fame
- Title WRV 6th grader to play in Junior All-American Games
- Title Ivy Tech invites public to cruise-in car and bike show and benefit
- Former Dugger standout to be inducted into Butler Hall of Fame
- Linton man faces charges after repeated calls to dispatch
- Goose Pond Visitor Center lists location, hours
- WRV middle school seeing improvements with plan in effect
- Linton Homecoming Candidates
E. Louise VierlingE. Louise Vierling, 94, of Seymour, Ind. passed away on Tuesday, Sept. 27, 2016 at 5:55 a.m. in Schneck Medical Center in Seymour. Louise was born on Sept. 30, 1921 in Bartholomew County, Ind, the...
Ursula Waltraut FullerUrsula Waltraut Fuller, 85, of Bloomfield, passed away at 7:50 a.m. on Tuesday, September 27, at Ketcham Memorial Center in Odon. Born October 21, 1930 in Germany to Walter and Gertrude (Frommhold)...
Michael Allen BarnesMichael Allen Barnes, 65, of Crane, passed away Monday September 26, at IU Health Bloomington Hospital. Born April 10, 1951 in Terre Haute, Indiana the son of Donald L. Barnes and Dorotha May...
Sue Hosteter BaffoeSue Hosteter Baffoe, 76, of Greenwood, formerly of Bloomfield, passed away on Sunday, September 25, at Community Hospital South in Greenwood. Born in Bloomfield on July 22, 1940, Sue was the daughter...
Linton Police Department activity log (9/28/16)The Linton Police Department responded to 12 incidents for service Wednesday, including two assists to other departments, four assists to the public, one suspicious, one title check and four traffic...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (9/28/16)Jonna Lee Bolenbaugh, 26, Merom, was arrested on a warrant for theft. Bond is set at $5,000. Jonathon Franklin Miller, 29, Worthington, was arrested on preliminary charges of operating while...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (9/27/16)Mark Andrew Irons, 25, Jasonville, was arrested on a warrant for petition to revoke suspended. Bond is set at $20,000. Dominic Giovanni Dpoffo, 19, Switz City, was arrested on preliminary charges of...
Kelly SlavenFaith: the journey that's as important as the destination
Andrew ChristmanYou've got a friend in me
By Patti DannerAn evening in very, very good company1
Jon SwabyIts always an adventure on the river
Grant KarazsiaBook 2 Part 1: Peering darkly through the mirror
By Heidi PuckettMy cup runneth over with Miner Pride1
Ask a Greene GardenerEliminating squash bugs in the garden
Mallory RickbeilEnd of the Season Feelings
Cheryl HamiltonChamber meeting to be held at Yo Delicious next month
By Billie HollandDestiny awaits those who will persevere
REMC Employees and RepresentativesCaution: strong undercurrent ahead
Larry VandeventerEnglish is a crazy language
Our Opinion: Torch Relay showcased county assets, community involvement (9/24/16)Wednesday brought an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to Greene County, and we could not be more proud to be a part of such an active and involved community. Greene County was a part of the statewide...
Our Opinion: Even small gestures can make a difference (9/23/16)What constitutes making a difference? It does not have to mean raking in money or bringing jobs to the area. Those objectives are important, but what about the “little guy” who often does good deeds...
- Lady Miners drop another four-setterA fine season for the Sullivan Lady Arrows got just a little bit finer Tuesday at Linton. And the Linton-Stockton Lady Miners continued a season-long trend of starting strong but failing to sustain the momentum the rest of the way. The Lady Miners came out on fire and hustling, running away with the first set 25-13. The Lady Arrows played like the 20-3 team they are the rest of the match, coming away with a 13-25, 25-12, 25-14, 25-10 win over their Greene County rivals...
- Eastern squares off against Wildcats on Alumni Night (9/27/16)
- Lady Patriots give Shakamak painful experience in volleyball (9/27/16)
- Resurgent Warriors staging an uprising (9/27/16)
- Eastern gets a big kick out of the North Central victory (9/27/16)
- The Meurers: Like Father, Like Son (9/26/16)2
- T-Birds can’t quite match Stars’ power (9/26/16)
- Bloomfield overcomes poor passing, serve receive to sweep South Knox (9/26/16)
Community NotesFriday, September 30 An informational meeting for those interested in volunteering with the Salvation Army’s Red Kettle brigade will be held at 11:30 a.m. at LaFiesta Mexican Restaurant in Linton. Knights of Columbus, located at the corner of 4th and E St. NE in Linton, will host its annual Fish Fry to support Greene County organizations from 4-7 p.m. Patrons can eat in or take out. Fish, baked beans, potato salad, cole slaw, desert and drinks. Adults $8 and children $4.
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Used Toyota Avalon for Sale2009 Toyota Avalon Dark grey exterior, light grey heated & cooled power leather seats with driver memory for 2. Automatic light & windshield wiper sensors. Push button start. 6 CD changer. Large back seat & trunk. Power rear...
Garage Sale3 Family Garage Sale Friday Sept 23rd and Saturday 24th 621 Forest Dr Bloomfield IN Furniture, Clothes, Large Hallmark Ornament Collection, lots of holiday decorations. Lots of Misc to much to list. No Early Sales
Knife Posters in Wood Frames12 Knife Posters in Wood Frames under Glass $100.00 or make offer on set. 9 Bullet Knife; 2 Stren Angler; 1 United Cutlery 812-875-8181 leave message for call back. Can be seen in Worthington Hwy 67 at corner or Dayton and Ohio Street -- Sat....
- UPDATED: Worthington man accused of sending sexually explicit images to teen
- A humble man from Linton changes the world
- New traffic pattern to be deployed at SR 54/57 intersection near Switz City
- UPDATED WITH VIDEO: Bicentennial Torch Relay in Greene County
- Worthington Post Office closed due to criminal mischief