WRV teacher makes literature a reason to partyAmy Wadhwan teaches freshman English and sophomore Honors English at White River Valley High School. Earlier this year, Wadhwan, a first-year teacher at WRV, had her Honors English students recreate and film scenes from the classic play “The Crucible” in settings pulled from their analysis of the work and their own imaginations...
WRV Board honors students, announces upcoming GC Safety Commission meetingThe White River Valley Board of School Trustees convened Thursday evening for their monthly meeting and several students from music teacher Austin Haming’s class were recognized for their outstanding results at the recent ISSMA State Jazz Finals. Students Alex Wolfe (alto saxophone), Ian Staggs (bass vocalist), Olivia Hayes (soprano vocalist), Claire Hostetter (alto vocalist) and Noah Walton (tenor vocalist) brought home four gold medals and one silver medal for their performances at the competition.. ...
GCGH names new Director of MarketingStacy Burris has been named as the new Director of Marketing at Greene County General Hospital. Burris will replace outgoing director, Amy Lore, who has accepted a position outside the hospital. Burris, a Linton resident, joins the hospital with a strong background in health care and economic and community development. ...
- UPDATED: Greene County man found dead in Knox County coal mine (3/16/18)
- WRV teacher makes literature a reason to party (3/16/18)
- WRV Board honors students, announces upcoming GC Safety Commission meeting (3/16/18)
- Several projects lined up for Linton (3/16/18)
- GCGH names new Director of Marketing (3/16/18)
- Community Notes (3/16/18)
- Linton Police Department Activity Log (3/16/18)
- Greene County Sheriff’s Department Activity Log (3/16/18)
- GCDW Pet of the Week (3/16/18)
- Our Opinion: Lack of action brings no change (3/16/18)2
Mary Evelyn Ducharme (Johnson)On Saturday, March 17th, heaven gained another angel. Mary Evelyn Ducharme (Johnson), 86, of Solsberry, passed away peacefully to be with her maker while surrounded by family. She is met at the...
William “Bill” YoungWilliam “Bill” Young, 90, of Bloomfield passed away Saturday March 17, 2018 at the IU Health Bloomington Hospital. Born June 9, 1927 in Stinesville, the son of Clint “Cracker” and Lettie (Tucker)...
Teresa L. MarlowTeresa L. Marlow, 54, of Sandborn, passed away at 12:18 p.m. Thursday, March 15, 2018 in her residence. She was born April 15, 1963 in Vincennes, to Richard Whitt and Mary (Yagle) Whitt Hines....
Carol Joyce RichCarol Joyce Rich, 87, of Robinson, Ill., died at 7:38 a.m. (EST) on Thursday, March 15, 2018 at Glenburn Home in Linton. She was born Dec. 25, 1930 in Los Angeles, Calif., the daughter of Chester E....
Linton Police Department Activity Log (3/16/18)The Linton Police Department responded to 13 incidents and calls for service Thursday, including one interview, one suspicious person/vehicle, one theft, two title checks, seven traffic stops and one...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Activity Log (3/16/18)The Greene County Sheriff’s Department responded to 91 incidents and calls for service from March 12-18, including three property damage accidents, one personal injury accident, one bank, eight...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (3/16/18)Chasity Michelle Ramie, 37, Albany, was arrested on a warrant for possession of a controlled substance. Bond set at $10,000 with no 10 percent allowed. Dawnita Leauta Wilkerson, 42, Evansville, was...
Court News (3/13/18)CRIMINAL CASES Daniele M. Daniel, 27, Princeton, Class C misdemeanor reckless driving Jeffery A. Smith Jr, 34, Linton, Level 6 felony resisting law enforcement; Level 6 felony criminal recklessness committed with a deadly weapon; Class C misdemeanor operating a motor vehicle without ever receiving a license...
Terry SchwinghammerElks Hoop Shoot gives fans an early glimpse of possible future stars
Kristen InmanI opened a portal to Hell in my kitchen
Andrew BowenTindley stops Greene County team for second year in a row1
Sabrina StockrahmParenthood has changed how we plan outings
Chris PruettMiners have now become the hunted, not hunters5
By Patti Danner100 things to do when you’re bored
By Billy HollandFear not, for God is with you
Larry VandeventerDr. Spock didn’t prepare me for this
Savannah Boone Community BloggerDown but not out
Nicole StahlLinton bank will also collect tax payments
Brenda HancockAre you over 55 and looking for something to do?
Ask a Greene GardenerIs Master Gardener Program a good fit for you?
Our Opinion: Marsh Madness to showcase local asset (3/2/18)Greene County is full of beautiful treasures hidden among its vast terrain, and this weekend will showcase one of the many. As you drive south on State Road 59 from Linton to Sandborn, you can’t miss...
A few voices can spark big change (2/22/18)The next time you begin to think a few voices among the masses cannot make a difference, stop and consider the progress made by members of Utilities District of Western Indiana REMC. In recent years,...
- Hamilton to play in annual North/South All-Star gameThe honors just keep rolling in for Caleb Hamilton. The Indiana Football Coaches Association picked Hamilton, a senior at Eastern-Greene High School, as one of the players to take the field for the South during the annual North/South All-Star Game. It will be played at 7:30 p.m. ...
- Daily World names All-County girls basketball team (3/15/18)
- Jared Franklin finishes third in Elks Hoop Shoot (3/14/18)
- All-SWIAC players honored at banquet (3/13/18)
- Linton-Stockton High School basketball banquet (3/13/18)
- Cardinals comeback comes up short (3/10/18)
- Reynolds places first in archery competition at Kokomo (3/8/18)
- Cards expect tough fight against three-headed Tindley (3/8/18)1
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Computers & Office Equip.
New SIB Acer Aspire NetbookBrand New ended up buying a tablet which cost me more than laptop. Couldn't find receipt so I can't return. 812-648-2470
New Vera Bradley Purse w/ Wallet Co!or PlumPurse is Faux Leather new never used. Call 812-648-2470.