GCGH takes safety seriouslyA presentation on public safety and workplace violence educated the Greene County General Hospital (GCGH) Board during its monthly meeting on Tuesday evening. Manager of Public Safety Brian Woodall...
Taco Tuesdays at Linton VFW Post 7118The Linton VFW Post 7118 hosts Taco Tuesdays from 5-8 p.m., with both dine in and carry out available. Linton VFW Post 7118 recently celebrated it’s 50th year on Sunday, Feb. 18 and Mayor Wilkes has...
Linton-Stockton Chamber hears farming factsThe Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce (LSCC) met at Monical’s Pizza in Linton Tuesday, and the guest speaker, Indiana Farm Bureau, Inc. National Government Relations Director Robert White, had some...
- Community Notes (2/21/17)
- Linton VFW Post 7118 celebrates in style (2/21/17)
- Offender assault at WVCF sends two officers to hospital (2/21/17)
- Budget order and final tax rates approved (2/21/17)
- WRV leadership course learns grief process (2/21/17)
- Greencastle man faces charges after breaking in, being stabbed (2/21/17)
- Kindness crossing corporation and county lines (2/21/17)
- Soup dinner to support ministry in Thailand (2/21/17)
- Extraordinary nurses recognized at GCGH (2/20/17)1
- Community Notes (2/20/17)
Shirley Ann ClarkShirley Ann Clark, 74 of Sullivan, Ind. passed away Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2017 at Terre Haute Regional Hospital in Terre Haute, Ind. She was born Aug. 24, 1942 in Sullivan County, Ind. to Dennis Salesman...
Beatrice Landis GravesBeatrice Landis Graves, 86, of Bloomfield passed away Monday Feb. 20, 2017 at Glenburn Home in Linton. Born Dec.21,1930 in Greene County, Ind.the daughter of Kenneth and Geneva (Magill) Landis....
Tammy Sue Southard JeffreyTammy Sue Southard Jeffrey, 46, of Linton, went to Heaven on Jan. 30, 2017 at Vincennes. She was born in Washington, Ind. on June 17, 1970 to Marion ‘Purple Fox’ Richard Southard and Nancy (Burton)...
Christina KellerChristina Sue (Henico) Keller, 67, of Evansville, formerly of Coalmont, passed away on Saturday, Feb. 18, 2017 in her residence. She was born April 5, 1949 in Zainesville, Ohio to Robert J. Henico...
Greene County Sheriff's Department activity log (2/21/17)The Greene County Sheriff’s Department responded to 60 incidents for service Friday to Sunday, including two abandoned vehicles, six property damage accidents, one alarm, two animal complaints, two...
Linton Police Department activity log (2/21/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 12 incidents for service Tuesday, including one animal complaint, one fight in progress, three fingerprintings, one interview, one property, one reckless...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (2/21/17)Amber Dawn Fogleman, 35, Jasonville, was arrested on a warrant for domestic battery, disorderly conduct and driving while suspended. Bond is set at $5,000. Jamie Lynn Hollifield, 30, Linton, was...
Kelly SlavenFor those who have it 'all together'
Andrew ChristmanThe issue of over thinking
Grant KarazsiaReturning the to the source
By Patti DannerPart Three, in which I talk about the pressroom and inserters...............
Jon SwabyIts all about the smiles
Terry SchwinghammerHigh school hoops: Can the next seven weeks match the last two?
Larry VandeventerIn your face, Henry Ford
Cheryl HamiltonFebruary meeting set for Tuesday
REMC Employees and RepresentativesA treasure-trove of “-isms”1
Brenda HancockFebruary is National Heart Month
By Billy HollandChoosing to build on a solid foundation
Donna KluesnerLocal Photographer Discovers the Extraordinary in the Ordinary2
Persistent action causes board to reevaluate (2/20/17)Last year, a group of Utilities District of Western Indiana REMC customers raised concerns about their high utility rates. The members’ persistent action pressed the board of directors to re-evaluate...
Dirt Captain Car wash debuts in Bloomfield (2/15/17)A pirate-themed car wash officially opens in Bloomfield on Saturday, offering the ‘latest in touchless car wash technology.’ Dirt Captain Carwash is owned by Austin Harrah and Doug Dayhoff, who said...
- Fast start carries Miners past West VigoWEST TERRE HAUTE - The Linton-Stockton Miners got off to a fast start Tuesday at West Vigo and they made it hold up. The Miners jumped out to an early 13-2 lead and only once allowed the West Vigo Vikings to make a run. The visitors iced the game at the free throw line in the fourth quarter and held off West Vigo, 50-36...
- Pittman has three good reasons to like playing for Earlham
- Linton Youth League to sign up baseball and softball players
- Linton falls to No. 7 in final AP weekly poll
- Bellarmine U pummels visiting Prairie Stars
- Area teams wrap up regular season
- IHSAA Boys Basketball sectional fields set (2/19/17)
- Brown County coasts to 76-39 victory over WRV (2/19/17)
Community NotesTuesday, February 21 The Linton VFW Post 7118 will host Taco Tuesday from 5-8 p.m., Dine in/Carry Out available. Wednesday, February 22 The Linton-Stockton Board of School Trustees will have a work session, beginning at 5 p.m.. The work session will be held in the Administration Office, 801 1st St in Linton Greene County Coin Club will meet at the Bloomfield Community Building. Dealers set up at 6 p.m. and meeting at 7 p.m.
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
1969 Dodge Charger R/TRed 1969 Dodge Charger R/T and A33 Track Pack, 440 Magnum $16,500, email@example.com / 765-505-7149
City Real Estate
Lovely home for sale at 219 S. Court Street in Sullivan, IndianaHas been inspected, approved and appraised by FHA at $55,000 and qualified for $0 down financing. 1300 square footage. Hardwood floors, 9’ ceilings with transom doors and large windows for beautiful sunlight. Two bedrooms with large closets and...
System EngineerSystem Engineer (Engineer 1) UDWI REMC, a 19,000 meter electrical distribution Cooperative, is hiring for a System Engineer. More info. available at www.udwiremc.com The deadline for qualified applicants is March 3, 2017.