Miners receive State Championship ringsThe Linton-Stockton Miner football team’s theme for the 2016 season was “Earn it.” And earn it they did. After 10 semistate appearances and a trip to the Class A State Finals in 2015, the Miners’...
Bloomfield to participate in Champions Together partnershipAt Thursdays meeting of the Bloomfield School District, Jr./Sr. High School Principal David Dean announced his school’s intent to partner with Special Olympics Indiana in the “Champions Together”...
Duke solar power plant now operational on Crane basePLAINFIELD – Duke Energy Indiana’s first large-scale solar power plant is now in commercial service and sending clean, renewable solar energy to customers throughout its 69-county service territory....
- WRV squares off against Thunderbirds for third time in sectional opener (2/27/17)
- Dugger man injured in ATV accident (2/27/17)
- WRV Baptist Church encourages youth attendance (2/25/17)
- Greene Gab Episode 27 (2/24/17)
- Linton Nursing and Rehab crowns 2017 Valentine King and Queen (2/24/17)
- Tri Kappa sisters visit WRV second grade (2/24/17)
- Linton, Bloomfield to benefit from tax credit program (2/24/17)
- Reaping the natural benefits of Greene County’s bounty (2/24/17)
- Community Notes (2/24/17)
- First meeting held for Center-Jackson Fire Territory proposal (2/24/17)
Rosalie GoodsonRosalie Goodson, age 66, of Lyons, passed away peacefully on Saturday, Feb. 25, 2017, at Regional Hospital. She was born in Loogootee on May 23, 1950, the daughter of Luther and Oskell Sutton....
Barbara Ellen ShefflerBarbara Ellen Sheffler, 89, of Huntington, passed from this life at Parkview Hospital in Huntington on Monday, Feb. 27, 2017. She was born in Linton on Jan. 15, 1928, to Andrew Hunter and Margaret...
Tom BrittonTom Britton, 61, of Solsberry, passed away at 8:10 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 26, 2017 at Golden Living Center in Bloomington. Born Aug. 30, 1955 in Bloomington, he was the son of Raymond and Marlene...
John W. Sheffler
Linton Police Department activity log (2/27/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 31 incidents for service Friday to Monday, including one property damage accident, one alcohol offense, one animal complaint, two assists to the public, one...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (2/27/17)Timothy Leon Trowbridge, 50, Bloomfield, was arrested on a warrant for battery resulting in bodily injury, battery and invasion of privacy. No bond is set. James Faulkenburg, 34, Bloomington, was...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (2/24/17)Jack Franklin Sumner, 50, Linton, was arrested on preliminary charges of habitual traffic offense. Bond is set at $4,000. Maranda Jean Peyton, 29, Bloomfield, was arrested on a warrant for possession...
Terry SchwinghammerSectional 47 will be tough once again
Kelly SlavenFor those who have it 'all together'
Andrew ChristmanThe issue of over thinking
Grant KarazsiaReturning the to the source
By Patti DannerPart Three, in which I talk about the pressroom and inserters...............
Jon SwabyIts all about the smiles
Larry VandeventerAre computers male or female?
Cheryl HamiltonChamber learns about state agriculture
By Billy HollandEnjoying the abundant life at any age
REMC Employees and RepresentativesDon’t forget to check your shoe
Brenda HancockFebruary is National Heart Month
Donna KluesnerLocal Photographer Discovers the Extraordinary in the Ordinary2
Local organizations can help (2/27/17)Local organizations can help those in need It’s no secret Greene County has a lot of people struggling to get by. According to www.stats.indiana.edu, Greene County has an estimated poverty rate of...
Persistent action causes board to reevaluate (2/20/17)Last year, a group of Utilities District of Western Indiana REMC customers raised concerns about their high utility rates. The members’ persistent action pressed the board of directors to re-evaluate...
- Butler adjusts to faster pace of collegiate game, but still loves itThe game moves faster and homework is more difficult, but Amanda Butler still relishes playing basketball. Butler, a former standout in basketball at Eastern, now comes off the bench for Hanover College, a Division III school. The freshman admitted she has had to make some adjustments, but loves playing for the Lady Panthers...
- Jeff Graham signs with Mount St. Joseph’s (2/27/17)
- White River Valley Sectional tickets go on sale (2/27/17)
- A young Wolverine team struggles through a tough season (2/27/17)
- The on-and-off Lakers boast only winning record in WRV Sectional (2/27/17)
- Bye means Lakers don’t know who they’ll face (2/27/17)
- Cardinals want to repeat run for state title (2/27/17)
- Bloomfield will try to jolt the Eels in the WRV sectional (2/27/17)
Community NotesFriday, February 24 The Linton Public Library will host ‘Lively Ladies’. This program meets the fourth Friday of the month from 1-3 p.m., and is primarily for ladies of retirement age. It includes a wide variety of guest speakers, some light refreshments and a fun time to relax. Programs and subject matter vary each month...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
The end of an eraLora Watson Mullis, 77, of Indianapolis, IN passed away peacefully on February 20, 2017. She was born June 4, 1939 in Bloomfield, IN to the late Harley and Eva Thomas Watson. She married Ralph Mullis and was a devoted wife for 61 years. Lora...
1969 Dodge Charger R/TRed 1969 Dodge Charger R/T and A33 Track Pack, 440 Magnum $16,500, firstname.lastname@example.org / 765-505-7149
City Real Estate
Lovely home for sale at 219 S. Court Street in Sullivan, IndianaHas been inspected, approved and appraised by FHA at $55,000 and qualified for $0 down financing. 1300 square footage. Hardwood floors, 9’ ceilings with transom doors and large windows for beautiful sunlight. Two bedrooms with large closets and...