Eastern Greene principals praise ‘Outstanding Community Effort’Eastern Greene schools are grateful for the overwhelming response by the Eastern Greene community during a project started in the late spring of the 2016-17 school year. The Buddy Bench project was...
Master Gardeners focus on plants, fun, philanthropyTraining to certify new Greene County Master Gardeners is coming up, and current members say the program focuses on plants, fun and philanthropy. Several current Master Gardeners talked about their...
Trampke retiring from Foundation1After two decades working with the Greene County Foundation, Executive Director Cam Trampke will retire at the end of the year. Trampke got her start with the foundation in 1997 when she was among...
- Springville man arrested on warrant for multiple batteries (12/15/17)
- Court News (12/15/17)
- GCSD recognizes hardworking employees (12/15/17)
- Fire at saw mill in Switz City (12/15/17)
- Training planned to certify Master Gardeners (12/15/17)
- Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (12/15/17)
- Linton Police Department activity log (12/15/17)
- Silver Alert declared for Linton man (12/15/17)
- Greene Gab Episode 59 (12/15/17)
- GCDW Pet of the Week (12/15/17)
Timothy BlocksomTimothy D. Blocksom of Linton, passed from this life into the arms of his Heavenly Father on Thursday, Dec. 14, 2017. He was 53 years old, and the third child and only son of Bruce (Boots) and...
Jack F. JohnsonJack F. Johnson, 81, of Newberry, went to be with his loving wife of 45 years, Judith, on Dec. 13, 2017, at the Greene County General Hospital in Linton. Jack was born in Bloomfield on Nov. 1, 1936,...
Andrea ‘Candy’ AndersonAndrea “Candy” Anderson, 70, of Bloomfield, passed away Thursday, Dec. 14, 2017 at IU Health Bloomington Hospital. Born March 8, 1947 in Washington, the daughter of Perry A. and Irma Lee (Conrad)...
Freddie Joe Neidigh, Sr.Freddie Joe Neidigh, Sr. 72, of Newberry, passed away at 5:44 a.m. on Monday, December 11, 2017, at IU Health Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis. Born June 26, 1945, in Newberry, he was the son of...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (12/15/17)Brittany Marie Elwood, 33, Bloomfield, was arrested on a warrant for domestic battery. Bond set at $4,000 with 10 percent allowed. Larry Joseph Aynes, 27, Springville, was arrested on a warrant for...
Linton Police Department activity log (12/15/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 13 incidents for service Friday, including one animal complaint, two assists to other departments, four fingerprintings, one local ordinance violation, one...
Linton Police Department activity log (12/14/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 28 incidents for service Thursday, including two property damage accidents, one personal injury accident, one alarm, two animal complaints, one assist to...
Court News (12/15/17)Criminal Cases Jason Wingler, 42, Sandborn, Class A misdemeanor theft, Class A misdemeanor resisting law enforcement Bryan Pope, 50, Solsberry, Class A misdemeanor OWI endangering a person, Class C misdemeanor OWI, Class A misdemeanor OWI with alcohol concentration equal to .15 or more...
Sabrina StockrahmI’m back after welcoming beautiful baby girl1
Kristen InmanAxl Rose is (hopefully) getting evicted
Andrew BowenThunderbirds display true grit to the end
By Patti DannerI was never the girl next door...4
Jon SwabyOn the precipice of another firearms deer season
Terry SchwinghammerMore “History in the Making” for Thunderbirds?
An open letter to Santa Claus (12/16/17)Dear Santa, Greene County has been good this year, so we would like to ask for a few things this Christmas since we are on the nice list. At least, we should be. We know it’s your busiest time of...
We need to fight for net neutrality (12/1/17)When somebody mentions the need for a “free internet,” a lot of us may assume that by definition the internet is not free. After all, we have to pay for our monthly services, right? That includes a...
- Wolverines can’t keep pace with red-hot CardinalsSWITZ CITY - For two-and-a-half quarters Saturday night the White River Valley Wolverines made a game of it. But the Wolverines were unable to stay with the Bloomfield Cardinals for the full 32 minutes. Trailing by 13 at the half WRV got within nine, 33-24 midway through the third quarter. The Cardinals outscored the hosts 32-13 the rest of the way, gradually easing away for a 65-37 victory in Southwestern Indiana Athletic Conference basketball at Switz City...
- Lady Miners win nail-biter over Mitchell (12/16/17)
- Viking shooters get the looks to beat Eastern 69-57 (12/15/17)
- Cold shooting sinks Lakers at Linton (12/15/17)
- Lady Blackhawks swoop into Bloomfield for 41-24 win (12/14/17)
- Lady Wolverines chomp early, then hold off Lady T-Birds’ talons (12/14/17)
- Lady Miners pull away for SWIAC win (12/14/17)
- Weekend Prep Roundball Previews (12/13/17)
Community NotesWednesday, December 13 Dugger Union Community School Board will hold an executive session at 6 p.m. The meeting of the Executive Board of the Greene-Sullivan Special Education Cooperative will meet in executive session at 9:30 a.m. with the regular meeting to follow at 10:30 a.m. in the conference room at the Greene-Sullivan Special Education Cooperative in Linton...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Free CatsFree to good home. Four male cats ages range from 1-4yrs old.All need to be fixed,3 are litter trained. Can be inside or outside cats. Must have warm place to go if going to be outside cat. Good with other cats and dogs. Love to cuddle,play,sleep,...
RN/LPN Home Health NurseHoosier Home Health, a locally owned agency, is seeking RN/LPNs to provide nursing care for our patients. As a Team member with Hoosier Home Health, you will be part of one of the fastest growing segments in the healthcare industry, with a company...
General House Cleaning NeededHouse cleaning needed every two weeks. References required. Please leave message with name and phone number @ 812 875-2603.