Romans Warrior Foundation ‘Maintenance Muster’ set for May 5-7Brian Romans, founder and CEO of the nonprofit Romans Warrior Foundation, is ready to begin the next phase of his planned cost-free therapeutic retreat in rural Greene County. The planned retreat...
Linton man allegedly batters woman in his residenceA Linton man was arrested on a warrant after allegedly battering a female victim. According to a probable cause filed by Greene County Sheriff’s Department Davis Aerne, David Cottengain, 48,...
Eastern Greene Scrabble club team continues top 20 traditionThe Eastern Greene Scrabble club recently traveled to Foxborough, Mass., to compete in the 2017 North American School Scrabble Championships, held April 21-23 at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough....
- Bloomfield seniors organize mock crash (4/27/17)
- American Pickers to return to Indiana in June (4/26/17)
- Community Notes (4/26/17)
- Bloomfield High NJROTC helping fund Champions Together (4/25/17)
- Sculpture Trails founder honored by award (4/25/17)
- EMA director thanks emergency personnel (4/25/17)
- Congressman Bucshon stops in Linton, meets with LPD (4/25/17)3
- Bloomfield alumni makes BU Top 15 (4/25/17)
- Solsberry woman allegedly escapes home detention (4/25/17)
- Open Arms 5th Annual Spirit Sprint set for June 3 (4/24/17)
Joe HowellJoe Lee Howell, 74, of Linton went to Heaven peacefully on April 25, 2017 in Indianapolis. He was born on April 30, 1942 in Linton to John and Naomi (Shipman) Howell. Joe was a retired US Air Force...
Joe HowellJoe Lee Howell, 74, of Linton, Indiana, passed away peacefully on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 in Indianapolis. Arrangements are pending at the Anderson-Poindexter Memory Chapel in Linton, and will be...
MayBelle ZimmermanMayBelle McDaniel Zimmerman, 69, of Jasonville went to be with our Lord and our Savior on Saturday, April 22, 2017 at Shakamak Good Samaritan Home, with family by her side. MayBelle loved camping,...
Meeda Faye Lynn LentzMeeda Faye Lynn Lentz, 86, passed away peacefully at home on the morning of April 21, 2017. She was surrounded by family after a long battle with Alzheimer’s disease. Meeda was a 1948 graduate of...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (4/27/17)David Allen Cottengain, 48, Linton, was arrested on a warrant for domestic battery. Bond is set at $11,000. Jayce Edward Wayne Troup, 23, Linton, was arrested on a warrant for theft. No bond is set....
Linton Police Department activity log (4/26/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 21 incidents for service Wednesday, including two bank/residential entries, one criminal mischief, one extra patrol, five fingerprintings, one interview, two...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (4/26/17)Nathaniel Curtis Long, 33, Washington, was arrested on a warrant for criminal trespass and theft. Bond is set at $5,000.
Brenda HancockBe prepared for spring weather
By Billy HollandParents can guide but children make their own choices
Larry VandeventerA Nordstrom bag of opossum
Ask a Greene GardenerQuestion: What vegetables can I plant in the early spring?
Donna KluesnerMarsh Madness artist Marty Jones opens Friday at Carnegie1
Cheryl HamiltonChamber learns about state agriculture
- Bloomfield netters sweep North DaviessBloomfield girls’ tennis team picked up its ninth win of the season with a 5-0 win over visiting North Daviess Wednesday afternoon. Even though a 5-0 wins sounds like an easy win it was much closer than it seems. Both doubles matches were decided by super tie breaks. ...
- Lady Miners fall to Sullivan
- Sullivan defeats Linton, Bloomfield track teams in five-way meet
- Eastern rallies late, but Bloomfield rallies for win
- LOACL SPORTS ROUNDUP 4-27 (4/27/17)
- Cardinal miscues hand Eels conference win (4/27/17)
- Sullivan unearns a 13-2 win over Bloomfield (4/26/17)
- Miners take SWIAC lead with win at North Daviess (4/26/17)
Community NotesTuesday, April 25 The Linton VFW Post 7118 will host Taco Tuesday from 5-8 p.m., Dine in/Carry Out available. Wednesday, April 26 The Eastern Branch Library will have preschool story time at 10:15 a.m. The theme is young animals. Greene County Coin Club will meet at the Bloomfield Community Building. Dealers set up at 6 p.m. and meeting begins at 7 p.m...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Indoor Yard Sale at the JC Building in Bloomfield - Saturday, April 29Indoor Yard Sale at the JC Building in Bloomfield (located on Lincoln Dr. near the Bloomfield Town Pool) Saturday, April 29th 8AM – 3PM Full size bed frame, Computer desk, Men/Women/Junior clothes, Home decor (including glass figurines, a rug,...