LSSC superintendent retires1Linton-Stockton Superintendent Nick Karazsia announced his retirement at the regularly scheduled school board meeting Monday evening. Karazsia, who moved to Linton in 1979 and served as a teacher,...
Linton filmmaking powerhouse set to release Graveyard Stories SundayOne of the central ideas about filmmaking is to create a movie you wish the watch. For the last 11 films, Moonlight Films has done exactly that. Moonlight Films consists of the Linton-based trio of...
- Fun at the splash pad (5/19/17)
- Second annual Get Outdoors Day aims for bigger and better (5/19/17)
- Bloomfield woman allegedly steals vehicle, involved in accident (5/19/17)
- Council talks specifics of Innkeeper’s Tax (5/19/17)2
- If life hands you lemons... (5/19/17)1
- Open Arms 5K scheduled for June 3 (5/19/17)
- Scam caller contacting citizens over ‘homicide’ (5/19/17)
- (Untitled) (5/19/17)
- Traffic stop leads to illegal ginseng possession charges (5/17/17)1
- Community Notes (5/17/17)
Brenda K. WellingtonBrenda K. Wellington, age 67, of Linton, passed away peacefully on Saturday, May 20, 2017, at Lyons Health and Living Center. She was born in Linton on Jan. 2, 1950, the daughter of Marion Murl and...
Robert BaileyRobert "Bob" Bailey, 90, of Worthington passed away peacefully on March 17, 2017. He was preceded by Gerry, beloved wife of 68 years, who passed away in 2014 and son Gary (1976). He is survived by...
Aubrey ClaytonAubrey B. Clayton, 96, of Bloomfield, passed away at 6:14 p.m. on Friday, May 19, 2017 at Lyons Health and Living Center. She was born March 4, 1921 in Greene County to Guy O. and Nellie (Scott)...
Lillian L. McKeeLillian L. McKee, 93, of Sandborn, passed away peacefully on Friday, May 19, 2017 in Vincennes. She was born on April 25, 2017 in Jasonville to Lester and Lula Belle (Warren) Rowe. Lillian married...
Linton Police Department activity log (5/22/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 69 incidents for service Friday to Monday, including one bank/residential alarm, five animal complaints, one assist to other departments, one battery, one...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (5/22/17)Devin Bradley Tatlock, 18, Linton, was arrested on preliminary charges of domestic battery. Bond is set at $5,000. Tracy Dean Laughlin, 44, Newberry, was arrested on a warrant for public...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (5/18/17)Jessica Lynn Livingston, 37, Bloomfield, was arrested on a warrant for auto theft and driving while suspended. Bond is set at $5,000. Todd Laughlin, 47, Bloomfield, was arrested on preliminary...
Court News (5/18/17)Criminal Cases Linny Lyons, 43, Bloomfield, Class A misdemeanor theft Ashley Marlett, 20, Bloomington, Level 6 felony possession of methamphetamine, Level 6 felony unlawful possession of a syringe, Level 6 felony maintaining a common nuisance, three counts Class A misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance, Class C misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia...
Andrew ChristmanOffice pranks, part two: the attack of Travolta1
By Patti DannerThe human magnet, John Danner....1
Grant KarazsiaMurphy, you can have my house
Terry SchwinghammerA brand new tennis star1
Sabrina StockrahmFinding answers through small-town connections
Jon SwabyLooking for a friend named Josh
Larry VandeventerA Geezer Guide To Household Repairs
By Billy HollandHaving compassion on those less fortunate
Brenda HancockSpring issue of Generations Magazine is out
Ask a Greene GardenerQuestion: What vegetables can I plant in the early spring?
Donna KluesnerMarsh Madness artist Marty Jones opens Friday at Carnegie1
Cheryl HamiltonChamber learns about state agriculture
- UPDATED: Jasper’s five-run inning sends Miners down to defeatJASPER - Five runs in the third inning lifted the Jasper Wildcats to an 8-2 win over the Linton-Stockton Miners in baseball action Friday at Alvin C. Ruxer Field in Jasper. The Wildcats entered Friday’s contest 21-5, ranked second in Class 3A. Despite the setback, Miner coach Matt Fougerousse said games like these against top-notch opponents such as Jasper can only make his team better...
- Lady Lakers win first county invitational banner in school history (5/20/17)
- Edgewood batters pound ball and Thunderbirds (5/20/17)
- BASEBALL ROUNDUP: Miners tame Lions 12-2 (5/19/17)1
- Seven county trackmen make regional field as Linton finishes fifth (5/19/17)
- Fifth inning rally lifts BNL over Lakers (5/19/17)
- UPDATED: Lady Cardinals tennis team wins sectionals, again (5/19/17)
- Ten county girls advance from track sectional (5/18/17)
Community NotesWednesday, May 17 Linton First United Methodist Church will be hosting Life Line Screening. Pre-registration is required. To register for an appointment, call 1-888-653-6450 or visit www.lifelinescreening.com/community-partners. The Linton Public Library will have a School’s Out Movie Celebration at 1 p.m. with free drinks, popcorn and candy. All are welcome to attend...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
- Traffic stop leads to three arrested for drug possession
- Baesler’s fundraiser to benefit longtime employee
- MISSING CHILD IN LINTONAlex Oliver, age 12, was last seen around 9 p.m. outside his residence at 1079 A St SW in Linton. He is wearing a red t-shirt with black number and red shorts. Possibly wearing a black jacket with red trim. If located, please c
- Bloomfield junior brings the sun (and planets)
- Seven county trackmen make regional field as Linton finishes fifth