Bloomfield High NJROTC helping fund Champions TogetherBloomfield’s NJROTC is lending a helping hand to the high school’s new Champions Together Unified Track Team. The group will host a fundraising spaghetti dinner on Friday, April 28, to help raise the...
Sculpture Trails founder honored by awardGerry Masse, founder of Sculpture Trails Outdoor Museum in Solsberry, received the Charles Hook award recently, given by the Sloss Furnace Foundation of Birmingham. Sloss Furnaces, founded in 1880,...
EMA director thanks emergency personnelEmergency Management Agency Director Roger Axe commended local emergency personnel for quick action after the Citizens Energy gas leak last week. Axe told the Greene County Council during its regular...
- Community Notes
- Bloomfield alumni makes BU Top 15 (4/25/17)
- Solsberry woman allegedly escapes home detention (4/25/17)
- Shelter will assist Master Gardeners’ quest to help others (4/24/17)
- Bloomfield alumni makes BU Top 15 (4/24/17)
- Greene County Foundation announces opening of 2017 Community Support Grant Cycle (4/24/17)
- Council stalls vote on Innkeeper’s tax (4/24/17)3
- RWF marches to honor late Worthington veteran (4/24/17)
- Open Arms Donor Event set for April 30 (4/24/17)
- Master Gardeners planning Flower and Patio Show (4/24/17)
Joe HowellJoe Lee Howell, 74, of Linton, Indiana, passed away peacefully on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 in Indianapolis. Arrangements are pending at the Anderson-Poindexter Memory Chapel in Linton, and will be...
MayBelle ZimmermanMayBelle McDaniel Zimmerman, 69, of Jasonville went to be with our Lord and our Savior on Saturday, April 22, 2017 at Shakamak Good Samaritan Home, with family by her side. MayBelle loved camping,...
Meeda Faye Lynn LentzMeeda Faye Lynn Lentz, 86, passed away peacefully at home on the morning of April 21, 2017. She was surrounded by family after a long battle with Alzheimer’s disease. Meeda was a 1948 graduate of...
Erma HensleyErma M. (Skomp) Yake Hensley, 96, of Cloverdale and formerly of Bloomfield passed away Wednesday April 19, 2017 at The Waters of Greencastle. Born March 16, 1921 in Greene County, the daughter of Roy...
Linton Police Department activity log (4/26/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 21 incidents for service Wednesday, including two bank/residential entries, one criminal mischief, one extra patrol, five fingerprintings, one interview, two...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (4/26/17)Nathaniel Curtis Long, 33, Washington, was arrested on a warrant for criminal trespass and theft. Bond is set at $5,000.
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (4/25/17)Steven Jermaine Johnson, 30, Linton, was arrested on preliminary charges of disorderly conduct. Bond is set at $500. Melissa Ann Conklin, 46, Loogootee, was arrested on a warrant for OWI. No bond is...
Brenda HancockBe prepared for spring weather
By Billy HollandParents can guide but children make their own choices
Larry VandeventerA Nordstrom bag of opossum
Ask a Greene GardenerQuestion: What vegetables can I plant in the early spring?
Donna KluesnerMarsh Madness artist Marty Jones opens Friday at Carnegie1
Cheryl HamiltonChamber learns about state agriculture
- Anemic bats cause Bloomfield to fall to ShoalsVisiting Shoals Rox-ed the Bloomfield Cardinals Tuesday evening in baseball. The Jug Rox (8-6) overcame an early 2-1 deficit to thump the Cards (2-9) 7-2. Both teams made three errors, but Shoals outhit Bloomfield by a 6-2 margin. Shoals scored a run in the first inning, and the Cards countered with their only two runs of the game. The Jug Rox went on top 3-2 in the second. They scored a run in the fourth and upped their lead to 6-2 with two in the fifth...
- Lash throws one-hitter as Shakamak romps over Eastern
- Loss to Paoli leaves Eastern coach in good spirits
- Lakers erupt early to tame Thunderbirds 11-6
- Lady Cardinal netters defeat WRV 4-1 (4/25/17)
- Miners jolt Eels 12-2 (4/25/17)
- Lady Miners Tennis Team falls to Vincennes Rivet Monday (4/25/17)
- T-Bird boys, Laker girls second in triangular meet (4/25/17)
Community NotesTuesday, April 25 The Linton VFW Post 7118 will host Taco Tuesday from 5-8 p.m., Dine in/Carry Out available. Wednesday, April 26 The Eastern Branch Library will have preschool story time at 10:15 a.m. The theme is young animals. Greene County Coin Club will meet at the Bloomfield Community Building. Dealers set up at 6 p.m. and meeting begins at 7 p.m...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
- Linton man allegedly spits on officers
- NEW UPDATE: In Greene County and Worthington, roads are now open and the No Fly zone has been lifted.
- Lauderdale named Greene County’s Bright Futures Shining Star 2017
- Switz City man arrested on warrant for allegedly dealing meth
- EGHS presents The Addams Family