Malea Toon wins contest to design Apple Festival logoThe Bloomfield Lions Club sponsored a contest in Bloomfield to design the logo for the Bloomfield Apple Festival’s 50th year. Bloomfield Lions Club President Jeff Schafer contacted Bloomfield art teacher Wyatt LeGrand to work with his art classes in the logo design...
‘The glory theirs, the duty ours’Civil War veterans buried in two Greene County cemeteries will have headstones for the first time this Memorial Day. Wallace Bruce wrote, “Who kept the faith and fought the fight; The glory theirs, the duty ours.” Local volunteers are taking that duty seriously, digging deep into the archives to learn more about veterans in Greene County Cemeteries without a headstone to mark their grave -- dating back to the Civil War...
‘Thank you bunches for our lunches’: Eastern Greene lunch lady Babe Jackson retires after 25 yearsAn Eastern Greene High School food service worker, or “lunch lady,” Leona “Babe” Jackson, has retired after 25 years of service to the district. “I’ve served through two generations of Thunderbirds,” Jackson said, “In both the elementary and the high school.” To commemorate Jackson’s last day, Eastern Greene High School staff, students and administrators, in cahoots with other food service workers and with Jackson’s supervisor Don Hymer, surprised the beloved lady of lunches with a party, a commemorative plaque, a cake and a handmade sign filled with the written best wishes of scores of the grateful people Jackson has served.. ...
- Community Notes
- ‘It’s about what is best for the kids’ WRV Principal LeAnne Kelley looks back with love
- 1961 Linton grad receives Lifetime Achievement award (5/23/19)
- Roberts receives scholarship (5/23/19)
- UPDATED: Warrant issued in connection to Sunday shooting (5/23/19)
- Sargents marry in Linton (5/23/19)
- Get muddy for a very good cause June 8 (5/23/19)
- Woman injured after Jeep rolls several times (5/23/19)
- Correction: WRV stage curtains price (5/22/19)
- Air Evac interested in housing hangar at hospital (5/22/19)
Levi MooreLevi Moore, age 35, of Ft. Wayne, formerly Linton, passed away at his residence. Arrangements are pending at Welch & Cornett Funeral Home in Linton and will be posted when available. Online...
Jean A. PopeJean A. Pope, age 76, of Linton, passed away at 7:28 a.m. on Thursday, May 23, 2019, at Glenburn Home in Linton. She was born in Linton on February 9, 1943, the daughter of Fred and Nellie (Hanley)...
Steve NorrisSteve Norris, 49, of Bloomfield, passed away Wednesday, May 22, 2019. Born January 31, 1970 in Linton, he was the son of Paul Stephen and DeAnn (Floyd) Norris. He was a truck driver for White River...
Marilyn MillerMarilyn Miller, age 87 of Linton, passed away at 9:30 p.m. on Tuesday, May 21, 2019, at Glenburn Home in Linton. She was born in Linton on February 3, 1932, the daughter of Earl E. and Catherine...
Brenda HancockMay is older Americans Month
Jennifer and Jeff HawkinsPRENUPTIAL AGREEMENTS AND INDIANA MEDICAID – PART 1
By Billy HollandThe most thrilling thing about Heaven
Larry VandeventerIt is March and I am tired
Nicole StahlTreasurer's Office welcomes intern
Lori WadeMoonlight Films gallery this weekend at Carnegie
- County sends 14 lads to boys track regional; Hoover advances to state in discus
- AREA ROUNDUP: Eastern falls at Mitchell; only Shafford advances (5/23/19)
- Lady Lakers win with early offense, late defense (5/23/19)
- Wolverines fall behind early, bow out of sectional (5/23/19)
- Eminence Eels drown in Lake Shakamak (5/23/19)
- Linton blanks Lady Warriors to reach championship (5/23/19)
- AREA ROUNDUP: Eastern falls in softball sectional; Bloomfield and Shakamak baseball (5/22/19)
Community NotesFriday, May 24 Lively Ladies at Linton Public Library from 1-3 p.m. Primarily for ladies of retirement age. Meeting includes wide variety of guest speakers, some light refreshments, and fun time to relax. The Eastern Fire Department/Beech Creek Township will hold an all-you-can-eat fish fry from 4-8 p.m. ...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Rowe Law Firm EmploymentPart-time receptionist needed three days a week and to fill in for vacation weeks. Send resume to The Rowe Law Firm, LLC, 1418 N 1000 W, Linton, IN 47441.
Yard Sale at Linton First Christian ChurchOn June 8th, LFCC will be having a yard sale during the Linton yard sale day. It will be packed! All proceeds will be given to the youth at LFCC for their summer trip called MOVE. We will also be selling food, drinks, and a silent auction will be...
Pet SittingI run a pet sitting service for the surrounding area. I have fair rates and references. I come into your home and take care of your pets while you are away. I provide my own food. I do not smoke ,drink ,or do drugs. I have been doing this 8 plus...
- FREE ACCESS: Navy to test drinking water wells near NSA Crane for PFAS contamination; Navy asking residents to sign up for free testing to detect contamination of compound linked to cancer, low birth weight
- UPDATED: Warrant issued in connection to Sunday shooting
- Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log
- LPD investigating Sunday shooting
- WRV School Board approves new textbook program for elementary, says goodbye to two