Eastern Greene School Board approves donations, staffingThe Eastern Greene Board of School Trustees met Monday evening, Oct. 15, and approved several anonymous and non-anonymous donations as well as new hires, resignations and maternity leave. The Eastern Greene Board of School Trustees: • Was given an update on renovations at Eastern Greene High School by the project’s Clerk of the Works, the Stenftenagel Group LLC’s David Riffel...
Linton Library to host costume contest, photo boothComing up on Oct. 30 and 31 from 4-7 p.m, the Linton Public Library invites area kids and teens to drop by in costume to take part in a costume contest and photo opportunity. “We will have a fall backdrop for kids to pose in front of,” said Children Services Librarian Ginger Anderson. “With their parent’s permission, we will post their pictures on our Facebook page and the Friends of the Library will be on hand to judge the winners.”...
Solsberry man accused of child molestingA 22-year-old Solsberry man was booked into Greene County Jail after reportedly sexually harassing a teen for several years. Austin Christopher Feltner was arrested on a warrant for Level 3 felony child molesting. According to a probable cause filed in Greene Circuit Court by Greene County Sheriff’s Department Det. Shawn Cullison, the investigation began in August when an individual contacted the sheriff’s department stating Feltner had allegedly assaulted a teenager...
- Linton-Stockton Chamber gets update from WorkOne (10/17/18)
- Linton Police Department Activity Log (10/17/18)
- LSSC study to help maintain buildings (10/17/18)1
- Finding time to be a CASA (10/17/18)
- 2018 Fall Arts Festival winners and photo gallery (10/16/18)2
- Lilly Endowment launches new phase of support for Indiana Community Foundations (10/16/18)
- DNR: Boxwood blight found in Indiana (10/16/18)
- CASA: Giving children a voice for 30 years (10/15/18)
- Court News (10/15/18)
- Linton Police Department Activity Log (10/15/18)
Geneva M. ‘Jean’ HamiltonGeneva M. ‘Jean’ Hamilton, 93, of Linton, passed away with loved ones at her side, on Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2018 at her home. She was born on Sept. 19, 1925 in Lyons, to Charlie and Gladys (Cramer)...
Frances KuhlenschmidtFrances Kuhlenschmidt, 95, of Lyons passed away Tuesday Oct. 16, 2018 at Ketcham Memorial Center in Odon. Frances was born Dec. 28, 1922 in Mackinaw, Ill. to Frank and Edna (Tobias) Gatchel. She...
Luther Marion Welch Sr.Luther Marion Welch Sr., 97 of Bloomfield, beloved husband, father, grandfather, great- grandfather and friend, passed away on Oct. 15, 2018 at Greene County General Hospital. Luther was born at home...
Kimberly E. SiebenmorgenKimberly E. (Thompson) Siebenmorgen, 56, of Mooresville, passed away on Oct. 13, 2018 at St Francis Hospital South. Kim was born on Oct. 28, 1961 in Linton, to Thomas A. Thompson and Viola E....
Linton Police Department Activity Log (10/17/18)The Linton Police Department responded to 18 incidents and calls for service Oct. 16, including one property damage accident, one bank/residential alarm, one animal complaint, one extra patrol, three...
Linton Police Department Activity Log (10/15/18)The Linton Police Department responded to 34 incidents and calls for service Oct. 12-14, including one abandoned vehicle, one animal complaint, one assist to the public, one child custody, two...
Greene County Sheriff's Department Activity Log (10/15/18)The Greene County Sheriff’s Department responded to 146 incidents and calls for service from Oct. 8-14, including one abandoned vehicle, 14 property damage accidents, five personal injury accidents,...
Court News (10/15/18)CRIMINAL CASES Julie K. Schaffer, 54, Bloomfield, Class A misdemeanor criminal trespass Shiane G. Barnhart, 23, Bloomfield, Class B misdemeanor battery Stephanie J. Hawkins, 33, Jasonville, Level 6 felony possession of methamphetamine; Class A misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance; Class C misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia...
Sabrina StockrahmUnexpected difficulties of motherhood
Terry SchwinghammerSo, what’s wrong with these guys, anyway?
Chris PruettDifference Maker will be honored at annual banquet
By Patti DannerDog Days at the Greene County Humane Society...
Andrew BowenEastern will try to fix hole in schedule
Kristen InmanA moment of silence2
Lori WadeMoonlight Films gallery this weekend at Carnegie
By Billy HollandTrying to find our place in this world
Larry VandeventerWelcome to Autumn
Brenda HancockMedicare open enrollment coming soon
Nicole StahlTreasurer’s office preparing for annual tax sale2
Ask a Greene GardenerHelp: Blooms falling from zucchini plant
- Miners postseason journey begins FridayThe regular season has concluded and the second season begins. Sectional play commences Friday as the 46th Annual IHSAA Football State Tournament kicks off. The postseason quest starts for the Linton-Stockton Miners with a trip to Ferdinand to take on the Forest Park Rangers in the first round of Class 2A Sectional 40...
- Thunderbird coach desires perfection against the Lions (10/16/18)1
- Cory Cramer makes semistate to celebrate birthday (10/15/18)
- Lady Eels jolt shorthanded Shakamak out of sectional (10/15/18)
- Bloomfield rains on LadyBirds in three sets (10/15/18)
- Three WRV harriers advance to semistate (10/14/18)1
- Lady Eels jolt early; Lady Cards win sectional (10/14/18)1
- UJPDATE: North Central wins the Battle of the Thunderbirds (10/13/18)
Community NotesWednesday, October 17 The Linton Public Library will be holding Spin-A-Yarn Knit & Crochet every third Wednesday of the month from 1-2 p.m. Those who like to knit or crochet or are interested in learning are welcome to join this monthly “drop-in group” to learn new stitches, bring their own project or help others with service projects...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
ONLINE TOOL & EQUIPMENT AUCTIONOnline Auctions ending most Mondays. JD & Intl Riders, Power Equipment, Collectibles, Tools & More. New items and auctions added weekly. Bid live at EDSIndiana.com by clicking the Online Auction Link. E Mail us at EDSIndiana@gmail.com. ...