BHS NJROTC unit grateful to veterans everywhereGreene County takes patriotism seriously, as evidenced by the numerous ceremonies and events held at several locations this Veterans Day. During each, veterans who were in attendance as well as veterans everywhere, both living and dead, were recognized, thanked and honored for their service and the sacrifices made for us all...
Eastern Greene School Board approves hirings and donations, hears of Veterans Day successesThe Eastern Greene Board of School Trustees met in regular session on Monday, Nov. 11. The Board heard reports from Middle School (EGMS) Principal Patrick Ault and Elementary School (EGES) Principal Sharon Abts praising staff and volunteers who contributed to what they said were record attendance numbers at the events...
Retha Louise McClintockRetha Louise McClintock, 81, of Linton, passed away peacefully on Monday, Nov. 11, 2019 at Glenburn Nursing Home in Linton. She was born on July 31, 1938 in Sandborn, to Lawrence I. and Hazel M. (Stanton) McKee. Retha married JD (Mac) McClintock. Retha was a member of the Sandborn United Methodist Church. She worked for the state of Indiana for several years and then went to work at an insurance office in Indianapolis...
- State park trails sweep ‘Best of Indiana’ contest (11/12/19)
- Greene County Jail to house Vigo inmates (11/12/19)2
- School closings for Tuesday, Nov. 12 (11/12/19)
- WRV's Beauty and the Beast (11/11/19)1
- ‘Today’s the day to say thank you’ (11/11/19)
- GCGH hosts District 7 Mobile Asset open house (11/11/19)
- Community Notes (11/11/19)
- Winter Weather Advisory this evening (11/11/19)
- Linton Public Library to team with county agencies for Alzheimer’s event (11/11/19)
- Greene County Sheriff's Department Activity Log (11/8/19)
Dianna L. ReedDianna L. Reed, 57, of Bloomfield, passed away Monday, Nov. 11, 2019, at Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis. Born Dec. 20, 1961, in Bedford, the daughter of Howard and Rheadawn (Meadows) Shaffer....
Judith Lea SmithJudith Lea Smith, 86, of Springville, passed away at her residence on Sunday, November 10, 2019. Born July 2, 1933 in Kokomo, she was the daughter of Mabel Merle (Clark) Ironmonger. She was an...
Arthur W. CollenbaughArthur W. Collenbaugh, 92, of Coal City, passed away at his residence on Nov. 11, 2019. Arthur was born in Coal City, on Sept. 7, 1927 to Donald Lewis Collenbaugh and Stella May (Bashaw) Collenbaugh....
Steven D. CowellSteven D. Cowell, 44 of Bloomington, passed away on Nov. 9, 2019 at IU Health Bloomington. Steve was born Feb. 13, 1975 in Bloomington and was the son of Daniel and Angela (Phillips) Cowell and...
Greene County Sheriff's Department Activity Log (11/8/19)The Greene County Sheriff’s Department responded to 99 incidents and calls for service Nov. 4-8, including one abandoned vehicle, 13 property damage accidents, three personal injury accidents, three...
Linton Police Department Activity Log (11/6/19)The Linton Police Department responded to 21 incidents and calls for service Nov. 5, including two bank/residential alarms, one assist to other departments, one harassment, one reckless driver, one...
Court News (11/8/19)CRIMINAL CASES David William Stewart Jr, 34, Bloomfield, Class A misdemeanor domestic battery Teleshia S. Hoesman, 34, Linton, Level 6 felony possession of methamphetamine; Class A misdemeanor flase informing resulting in a substantial hindrance to law enforcement; Class C misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia...
- Shakamak Lakers wants to build on late-season success in 2019The Shakamak Lakers 2018 season ended with a 6-20 record, which has continued the downward trend in the past couple of seasons, but the 2018 season wasn’t viewed as a disappointment, as the Lakers found themselves one win away from a Sectional Championship in March...
- Daily World announces All-Greene County volleyball team (11/12/19)
- Dugger Lady Bulldogs split two games at Southern Roads Conference Tournament (11/10/19)
- Lady Miners impress on opening night (11/10/19)
- Bloomfield schedule shake up (11/8/19)
- Wolverines hope competition in practice leads to wins on gameday in 2019 (11/8/19)
- Lady Lakers drop first game on the road at West Vigo (11/7/19)1
- Linton Miners taking it one game at a time in 2019 (11/7/19)
Community NotesTuesday, November 12 Notice is hereby given that the Worthington Town Council will hold a special meeting in executive session in the Worthington Town Hall at 20 S. Commercial Street in Worthington at 7:30 p.m., or immediately following the regular meeting of the Worthington Town Council, for the following specific purpose: (1) With respect to any individual over whom the governing body has jurisdiction (A) to receive information concerning the individual’s alleged misconduct, as provided in IC 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(5)(A). ...
Class A CDL Driver NeededAll local runs/Home every night/PT & FT/Drop & Hook Freight Bloomfield, IN (812) 825-8372
Chumley online Estate SaleEstate sale Household items, tractors, cars, Tools, Art, Dishes, Quilts, and many more items. Go to graberauctions.com