Crane FY16 inventors honoredAn appreciation event was held at NSWC Crane on Tuesday, Sept. 27 to honor inventors who have had patents issued within the 2016 fiscal year (FY16). Known for leading in the Department of Navy and...
Local man reflects on newspaper’s pastA Bloomfield local, David Lynn, attends the Koleen Union Church in rural Bloomfield. His late siter, Lorene Lynn, constructed a scrap book of various newspaper clippings featuring local churches and...
- Community Notes
- Jasonville Senior Center completes renovations (9/30/16)
- WRV high school focuses on engagement (9/30/16)
- Community Notes (9/30/16)
- SR 54 and 57 intersection to remain four-way stop (9/30/16)1
- Hospital’s OB Department recognized for excellence (9/30/16)
- Greene Gab Episode 8 (9/30/16)
- Legalization Rally to be held in Greene County (9/29/16)1
- Linton Cycle Sales and Motocross to hold benefit (9/29/16)
- When I grow up I want to be just like dad..... (9/29/16)3
George John Egenolf Jr.George John Egenolf Jr., 92, of Worthington, passed away Sept. 26, 2016 at Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis. He was iconic of America’s Greatest Generation. Born Oct. 13, 1923 to George John...
Brian Lee DonaldsonBrian Lee Donaldson, age 48, of Dugger, formerly of Linton, passed away on Wednesday, September 28, 2016, at his residence with his mother and girlfriend by his side. He was born in Linton on...
David Joseph FullomDavid Joseph Fullom, 53, of Bloomfield, passed away at 8:52 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 27, at Greene County General Hospital. Born April 2, 1963 in Washington, he was the son of Walter Wesley Jr. and R. Sue...
E. Louise VierlingE. Louise Vierling, 94, of Seymour, Ind. passed away on Tuesday, Sept. 27, 2016 at 5:55 a.m. in Schneck Medical Center in Seymour. Louise was born on Sept. 30, 1921 in Bartholomew County, Ind, the...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (9/30/16)Terry Gene Feutz, Jr., 52, Bloomfield, was arrested on preliminary charges of domestic battery. Bond is set at $1,000. Daniel Ramos Rodriguez, 60, Linton, was arrested on a warrant for habitual...
Linton Police Department activity log (9/29/16)The Linton Police Department responded to 12 incidents for service Thursday, including one property damage accident, one animal complaint, two assists to other departments, one child custody, two...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (9/29/16)Stacy Jo Bowers, 40, Linton, was arrested on a warrant for legend drug possession. No bond is set. Jayce Edward Wayne Troup, 22, Linton, was arrested on a warrant for theft. No bond is set.
By Heidi PuckettMom can’t protect them on the football field
Terry SchwinghammerHey, there’s a cross country meet this weekend!
Kelly SlavenFaith: the journey that's as important as the destination
Andrew ChristmanYou've got a friend in me
By Patti DannerAn evening in very, very good company1
Jon SwabyIts always an adventure on the river
Ask a Greene GardenerEliminating squash bugs in the garden
Mallory RickbeilEnd of the Season Feelings
Cheryl HamiltonChamber meeting to be held at Yo Delicious next month
By Billie HollandDestiny awaits those who will persevere
REMC Employees and RepresentativesCaution: strong undercurrent ahead
Larry VandeventerEnglish is a crazy language
Our Opinion: Torch Relay showcased county assets, community involvement (9/24/16)Wednesday brought an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to Greene County, and we could not be more proud to be a part of such an active and involved community. Greene County was a part of the statewide...
Our Opinion: Even small gestures can make a difference (9/23/16)What constitutes making a difference? It does not have to mean raking in money or bringing jobs to the area. Those objectives are important, but what about the “little guy” who often does good deeds...
- Eels, Lady Lakers take SWIAC titlesJASONVILLE - On a damp, chilly day at Shakamak there were few surprises in Saturday’s Southwestern Indiana Athletic Conference cross country meet. The Clay City boys entered as the prohibitive favorite. And the Eels delivered. Clay City boasted the top three finishers and placed four runners in the top 10, outpointing its nearest competitor Eastern Greene 36-64...
- Hamilton scores six TD's as Eastern tames Wildcats 49-34
- Even the weather can’t slow the Miners
- Lady Wolverines defeat Lady Bulldogs in three sets (9/30/16)
- Linton wins two close sets to sweep Shakamak in volleyball (9/29/16)
- Bulldogs want to celebrate homecoming with win over Paris (9/29/16)
- Cardinals boys tennis wins fifth consecutive sectional (9/29/16)
- Wolverines lose heartbreaker in finale (9/29/16)
Community NotesSaturday, October 1 Minister Meeting will be held at 10 a.m. at Golden Corral in Bloomington, on West 3rd Street. All ministers are welcome. The UHS alumni banquet will be held at the UHS gymnasium at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $17 and all are welcome to attend. Please email email@example.com if you would like to make a reservation...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Used Toyota Avalon for Sale2009 Toyota Avalon Dark grey exterior, light grey heated & cooled power leather seats with driver memory for 2. Automatic light & windshield wiper sensors. Push button start. 6 CD changer. Large back seat & trunk. Power rear...
Garage Sale3 Family Garage Sale Friday Sept 23rd and Saturday 24th 621 Forest Dr Bloomfield IN Furniture, Clothes, Large Hallmark Ornament Collection, lots of holiday decorations. Lots of Misc to much to list. No Early Sales
Knife Posters in Wood Frames12 Knife Posters in Wood Frames under Glass $100.00 or make offer on set. 9 Bullet Knife; 2 Stren Angler; 1 United Cutlery 812-875-8181 leave message for call back. Can be seen in Worthington Hwy 67 at corner or Dayton and Ohio Street -- Sat....