Today marks 75th anniversary of attack on Pearl HarborToday marks the 75th anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor, which launched the United States into World War II. More than 2,300 Americans were killed on Dec. 7, 1941 after Imperial Japan’s navy...
Vehicle crashes into Linton CVS PharmacyAt approximately 4:50 p.m. on Tuesday evening, a vehicle crashed into the side of CVS Pharmacy in Linton. According to Linton Fire Chief, Brad Sparks, the driver sustained minimal injuries, though...
- Bloomfield First Presbyterian welcomes new minister
- Community Notes
- UPDATE: Linton church suspends donation drive for Gatlinburg due to country's outpouring of support (12/6/16)
- Community Notes (12/6/16)
- Town of Bloomfield signs one-year agreement (12/6/16)1
- Jasonville couple loses belongings, pet in fire (12/6/16)1
- Switz City resident affected by water line mishap (12/6/16)
- WRV seeks additional appropriations (12/5/16)1
- Free learning at any age (12/5/16)
- Navigators available Friday to help with insurance enrollment (12/5/16)
Herman KlassHerman Klass, age 99, of Worthington, passed away on Tuesday, Dec. 6, 2016, at Owen Valley Health Campus in Spencer. Visitation will be held at Welch & Cornett Funeral Home in Worthington on Thursday...
Glenn MotternGlenn Mottern, 90, of Odon, passed away peacefully, surrounded by family on Monday, Nov. 28. He was born to Vena (Camper) and Lee Mottern on July 28, 1926 in Newberry. He married Gail (Radliff)...
Sheila StalcupSheila Kaye Stalcup, age 68, of Worthington, passed away peacefully on Wednesday, Nov. 30 at her residence. She was born in Linton on Dec. 3, 1947, the daughter of Lawrence Reed and Carole (Moreland)...
Faynetta R. HollisFaynetta R. Hollis, 92, of Franklin and formerly of Bloomfield, died Monday, November 21, 2016 in Bell Trace Health and Living Center. She was born July 27, 1924 in Quincy, Ill. to William Larkin...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (12/7/16)Jamie Earl Poe, 42, Jasonville, was arrested on a warrant for petition to revoke suspended. No bond is set. Anthony Martin Cazee, 45, Jasonville, was arrested on a warrant for intimidation and...
Linton Police Department activity log (12/7/16)The Linton Police Department responded to 15 incidents for service Wednesday, including one personal injury accident, one bank/residential alarm, two animal complaints, two assists to other...
Linton Police Department activity log (12/6/16)The Linton Police Department responded to 24 incidents for service Monday and Tuesday, including two assists to other departments, eight assists to the public, one criminal mischief, one domestic...
Court News (12/6/16)CRIMINAL CASES Bradley Deford, 35, Bloomfield, Class A misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated endangering a person, Level 6 Felony operating a vehicle while intoxicated endangering a person, Class C misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated, Level 6 Felony operating a vehicle while intoxicated, Class C misdemeanor operating a vehicle with alcohol concentration greater than .08 but less than .15, Level 6 Felony operating a vehicle with alcohol concentration greater than .08 but less than .15. ...
By Billie HollandFinding our reason for the season
REMC Employees and RepresentativesStaying in control of your finances
Brenda HancockDeadline nearing for Build-a-Basket program
Donna Kluesner“Mayfield’s Mutts and More” art by Rylie Daisha Mayfield
Larry VandeventerI would be labeled an anarchist
Ask a Greene GardenerPlanting mums in the fall
ISTEP results don’t paint full picture (11/22/16)ISTEP+ results were released by the Indiana Department of Education this week, and at first glance some of the numbers may seem disappointing. But, it is important right now to remember these numbers...
With elections behind us, it is time to move forward (11/14/16)The 2016 Presidential Election is in the books, and it is time to remember we are still co-workers, neighbors, family and friends despite our political affiliations. Emotions ran high this election...
- North Knox D-feats Lady Wolverines 59-36BICKNELL -- North Knox used its ruthless defense Monday night to trounce visiting White River Valley 59-36. The Lady Warriors (8-1) never trailed as they used a stifling press to hinder WRV’s offense, holding the Lady Wolverines to 15-49 from the floor (30.6 percent). ...
- Lady Miners earn split in North Daviess tourney (12/4/16)
- Loogootee races past Lady Thunderbirds (12/4/16)
- Shakamak comes from behind to edge Golden Arrows 56-53 (12/4/16)
- Wolverines turn up the heat on offense for first win of the season (12/4/16)
- Thunderbirds hold off determined Mitchell squad 73-68 (12/4/16)
- Lions hit century mark as they give Union painful lesson (12/4/16)
- UPDATED: Miners pull away from Trojans in second OT (12/3/16)
Community NotesThursday, December 8 The Bloomfield School Board will meet in executive session at 4 p.m. in the junior high conference room at Bloomfield Jr./Sr. High School The MSD of Shakamak Board of School Trustees will hold its regularly scheduled monthly meeting at 6 p.m. in the Shakamak Jr./ Sr. High School Media Center...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Drive for UberExtra holiday money available! Make your own hours. Enjoy a $300 sign on bonus after completing 30 rides within 28 days. Click here!
Lost & Found
Missing Male YorkieMissing Male Yorkie from 40 W Owen Farm Rd, Bloomfield , Indiana. My Male Yorkie came up missing from my home on Saturday , November 5,2016. He goes by the name Sammy and is in need of his daily medicine if any one knows anything please call me I...