Bloomfield beats Eastern Greene once more
Bloomfield holds off Eastern Greene for second time this seasonNo. 4 Bloomfield moved to 8-2 on the year with a 53-49 win at Eastern Greene Friday night. The visiting Cardinals trailed for the first half of the game but obtained the lead in the third quarter maintained it to beat Eastern Greene (7-7) for the second time in two weeks. Bloomfield defeated Eastern Greene at the Greene County Invite on Jan. 8, 55-40...
WRV honors Teddy York, fall to CougarsFriday’s game with North Daviess was more than a basketball game for the White River Valley community. In a dark Switz City gym, the clock shows 23 seconds...signifying the 23 years that Teddy York served as the Wolverine’s timekeeper. The clock counted down and at the buzzer the goals lit up signifying the farewell to York, who passed away this week. The Wolverine players and fans wore grey, the color that signifies brain cancer awareness, to honor his life...
Fourth-grader Carson Albright wins 2021 Linton-Stockton Elementary Spelling BeeOn Wednesday, students at Linton-Stockton Elementary competed in the 5th annual spelling bee in the Linton-Stockton Elementary gym. In total, 22 students participated in the spelling bee ranging from 1st grade to 5th grade. Brooke Feaster, Stephanie Wasnidge and Kent Brewer served as judges for this year’s spelling bee. Pam Puckett was the pronouncer...
- Greene County Jail Log (1/22/21)
- Community Notes (1/22/21)
- Greene County Marriage Licenses (1/22/21)
- Bloomfield Library welcomes youth services manager (1/22/21)
- Greene County residents document VP Pence’s return to Indiana (1/22/21)
- Former reserve officer with Linton Police Department, Indiana Miller, sentenced (1/22/21)
- Two-car crash on 59 (1/21/21)
- WRV school board retires pension bond; addresses issues (1/21/21)
- Linton theft suspect in custody (1/21/21)
- Greene County commissioners renew contracts for 2021 (1/21/21)1
William L. “Lester” FlynnWilliam L. “Lester” Flynn, 81, of Koleen passed away Thursday Jan. 21, 2021, at Memorial Hospital in Jasper surrounded by his family. Born on Sept. 28, 1939, in Koleen, to Lowell and Clara V. (Page)...
Wilma PiggWilma Pigg, age 78, of Linton, passed away peacefully at 7:20 a.m. on Friday, Jan. 22, 2021, at Glenburn Home. She was born in Lancing, Michigan, on April 4, 1942, the daughter of Alberta "Buss" &...
Fred A. PlaceFred A. Place, 78, of Linton, went to Heaven peacefully, surrounded by loved ones on Friday, Jan. 22, 2021, at his home. He was born on May 3, 1942, in Vandalia, Illinois to Fred A. Place II and...
Cecil ‘Dallas’ WaddellCecil ‘Dallas’ Waddell, 72, of Bloomfield, passed away, on Thursday, Jan. 21, 2021, at Greene County General Hospital in Linton. He was born on July 26, 1948, in Putnam County, Indiana to Cecil Ira...
Greene County Marriage Licenses (1/22/21)Justin David Pope, Bloomfield and Elani Faith Whitmer, Bloomfield Sean Michael Asher, Bloomfield and Katlyn Marie Holder, Bloomfield Joseph Kole Cralley, Bloomfield and Megan Ann Schwartz, Bloomfield Christian Michael Brunton, Linton and Macee Shae Kendall, Linton...
- Small crowds, big anger; IHSAA trying to protect referees in the pandemic, get postseason inBy Nathan Pace Sports Editor Not many have been able to attend a high school basketball game in person this year but those who have may notice the intensity towards referees gets cranked up with a smaller crowd. With just parents in the stands, each foul call is taken personally more than ever...
- Scoreboard 1-22-21 (1/22/21)
- Bloomfield's Kylee Shelton signs with Vincennes for basketball (1/22/21)
- Linton dismantles Bloomfield to claim SWIAC, County Keg (1/21/21)
- Bloomfield’s Gracie Lowry receives All-Star Jersey (1/20/21)1
- WRV rolls in first win of season, led 28-0 at half (1/20/21)
- Linton downs Bloomfield for second time in a week (1/18/21)
- Scoreboard 1-18-21 (1/18/21)
Greene County Sports Video
Community NotesThe Linton-Stockton Board of School Trustees will have a work session from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. The meeting will be held in the Connection Center, 10 H St. NE, Linton. The meeting of the Executive Board of the Greene-Sullivan Special Education Cooperative will meet in Executive Session at 9 a.m. with the regular meeting to follow at 9:30 a.m. in the Conference Room at the Greene-Sullivan Special Education Cooperative, 77 A St., N.E., Linton, Indiana...