Construction begun at Eastern Greene High SchoolThe Eastern Greene School Board of Trustees met Monday evening, and Eastern Greene High School Principal Doug Lewis told the board and assembled guests the first signs of the planned re-cladding and repair at the high school have begun. Lewis said the encouraging sight was a welcome one at the location, which has been an issue to the school district since the completion of the high school several years ago. ...
WRV FCCLA students fare very well at state competitionA group of students from WRV High School Family, Careers and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA), sponsored by WRV Family and Consumer Science teacher Betsy Misner, competed in a state leadership conference. Misner said the group had a wonderful time at the conference and congratulated several students for their wins. ...
WRV students raise over $10,000 at Saturday dance marathonA group of compassionate students at White River Valley High School got together on Saturday, March 17, to hold the school’s annual WRV Riley Dance Marathon to benefit the Riley Hospital Children’s Foundation, successfully raising $10,599.71. Students in several grades at WRV participated, some dancing, some painting faces and others manning tables heaped with goods for purchase, all done in the name of love...
- Travel Advisory declared for Greene County (3/20/18)
- Construction begun at Eastern Greene High School (3/20/18)
- Court News (3/20/18)
- WRV FCCLA students fare very well at state competition (3/19/18)
- Community Notes (3/19/18)
- Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (3/19/18)
- Shakamak Elementary School Honor Roll (3/19/18)
- Linton-Stockton Elementary Honor Roll (3/19/18)
- Shakamak after school program hosts community meal to celebrate gardens (3/18/18)
- UPDATED: Greene County man found dead in Knox County coal mine (3/16/18)
Jeremiah K. MooreJeremiah K. Moore, age 40, of Fort Wayne, formerly of Linton, passed away on Thursday, March 15, 2018, in Fort Wayne. He was born in Linton on May 9, 1977, the son of Larry K. and Jana L.(Frye)...
Patrick Mason PhilippsPatrick Mason Philipps, 72, of Bloomfield, passed away Saturday, March 17, 2017 at Lyons Health and Living Center. Born March 16, 1946 in Louisville, Ky., he was the son of Forrest Mason and Mary...
Erma J. RogersErma J. Rogers, age 89, of Linton, formerly of Tempe, Ariz, Carlisle and Paxton, passed away at 5:35 p.m. on Sunday, March 18, 2018, at Terre Haute Regional Hospital. She was born in Paxton on Sept....
Jason Michael WilliamsJason Michael Williams, 34, of Bloomfield passed away Friday, March 16, 2018. Born Sept. 22, 1983 in Linton, the son of Charles Williams and Glenda (Patton) Wells. Jason worked at Sunrise LLC Coal...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (3/19/18)Christopher Levi Clouse, 36, Bloomington, was arrested on a writ of attachment. He was required to pay $1,200. Lindsey May Bryant, 26, Solsberry, was arrested on a warrant for Class A misdemeanor...
Linton Police Department Activity Log (3/16/18)The Linton Police Department responded to 13 incidents and calls for service Thursday, including one interview, one suspicious person/vehicle, one theft, two title checks, seven traffic stops and one...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Activity Log (3/16/18)The Greene County Sheriff’s Department responded to 91 incidents and calls for service from March 12-18, including three property damage accidents, one personal injury accident, one bank, eight...
Terry SchwinghammerElks Hoop Shoot gives fans an early glimpse of possible future stars
Kristen InmanI opened a portal to Hell in my kitchen
Andrew BowenTindley stops Greene County team for second year in a row1
Sabrina StockrahmParenthood has changed how we plan outings
Chris PruettMiners have now become the hunted, not hunters5
By Patti Danner100 things to do when you’re bored
By Billy HollandFear not, for God is with you
Larry VandeventerDr. Spock didn’t prepare me for this
Savannah Boone Community BloggerDown but not out
Nicole StahlLinton bank will also collect tax payments
Brenda HancockAre you over 55 and looking for something to do?
Ask a Greene GardenerIs Master Gardener Program a good fit for you?
Our Opinion: Marsh Madness to showcase local asset (3/2/18)Greene County is full of beautiful treasures hidden among its vast terrain, and this weekend will showcase one of the many. As you drive south on State Road 59 from Linton to Sandborn, you can’t miss...
A few voices can spark big change (2/22/18)The next time you begin to think a few voices among the masses cannot make a difference, stop and consider the progress made by members of Utilities District of Western Indiana REMC. In recent years,...
- Howard signs letter of intent to play for Rose-HulmanLITTLE CINCINNATI – J.W. Howard will move from the field of Eastern-Greene to that of the Fightin’ Engineers. Howard signed on Monday afternoon a letter of intent to play football for Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology. Eastern coach Joey Paridaen described the senior as an impact player and one of those “guys we had to have” to help lead the Thunderbirds to two sectional titles and a trip to the Class 1A championship last Nov. 24 at the Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis...
- 2018 Baseball Preview: Area nines eagerly anticipate first pitch
- 2018 Baseball Preview: Area nines eagerly anticipate first pitch (3/20/18)
- Lady Miner softballers washed out at Jasper (3/20/18)
- Daily World names All-County girls basketball team (3/15/18)
- Hamilton to play in annual North/South All-Star game (3/14/18)
- Jared Franklin finishes third in Elks Hoop Shoot (3/14/18)
- All-SWIAC players honored at banquet (3/13/18)
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Rural Real Estate
HOME FOR SALE: 103 CO RD 70 E Bloomfield, IN 47424Cozy 3 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath. Enclosed front porch. 2 car attached, heated garage. Sits on 3 Lots. Bloomfield School District. CALL TINA THOMPSON @ 812-227-1128 to schedule a showing. DOWN HOME REAL ESTATE & AUCTION LLC 409 N. MAIN...
Computers & Office Equip.
New SIB Acer Aspire NetbookBrand New ended up buying a tablet which cost me more than laptop. Couldn't find receipt so I can't return. 812-648-2470