Buck and Judy Mullis of Lyons named GCDW Difference Makers 2017
WRV Board recognizes student philanthropic effortThe White River Valley School Board recognized student achievements across the corporation during its meeting Thursday evening. The board congratulated students for their participation in Hats for...
Linton woman allegedly steals over $31,000 from not-for-profit1A Linton woman is facing charges of felony theft after allegedly stealing over $31,000 while acting as a treasurer for a not-for-profit organization. According to a probable cause filed by Greene...
- Middle Way House offers same services, new location (9/22/17)
- Year-long drug investigation nets 37 suspects; several suspects still at-large (9/22/17)
- Wilkes Printing offers new services at new location (9/21/17)
- Elliott celebrates new location (9/21/17)
- LSHS homecoming candidates (9/20/17)
- LSCC welcomes Steelman Enterprises (9/20/17)
- WRV sophomores given creative chance (9/20/17)
- Shakamak sees week of homecoming activities (9/20/17)
- Tuesday morning earthquake felt by locals (9/19/17)
- Community Notes (9/19/17)
Ben OsbornBen Osborn, 88, of Elnora, passed away unexpectedly on Wednesday, Sept. 20, 2017 at his residence. He was born on July 20, 1929 in Daviess County to Orin and Fonnie (Asdell) Osborn. He married his...
Evelyn “Darlene” CoxEvelyn “Darlene” Cox, 82, of Washington, went to her heavenly home in the early morning hours on Wednesday, Sept. 20, 2017. Darlene was born on March 20, 1935 in Edwardsport to the late Howard Lewis...
Charlotta OliphantCharlotta Kay Oliphant, 71, of Bloomfield passed away Wednesday, Sept. 20, 2017 at Glenburn Home in Linton. Born Feb. 6, 1946 in Linton, the daughter of Bill and Minnie (Bingham) Sullivan. Kay worked...
Dallas AsdellDallas H. Asdell, 97, of Roachdale, passed away Wednesday, Sept. 20, 2017, at Mill Pond Health Campus in Greencastle. He was born Aug. 2, 1920 in Newberry to Frank and Gertrude (McElroy) Asdell....
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (9/22/17)Vonda Smith, 64, Linton, was arrested on a warrant for theft. Bond set at $4,000 with 10 percent allowed. Elizabeth Marie Hall, 28, Bloomfield, was arrested on preliminary charges of possession of...
Linton Police Department activity log (9/22/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 21 incidents for service Friday, including one property damage accident, two bank/residential alarms, one animal complaint, one assist to other departments,...
Linton Police Department activity log (9/21/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 17 incidents for service Thursday, including one property damage accident, one personal injury accident, two animal complaints, one assist to other...
Court News (9/22/17)Criminal Cases Nicole Sweeney, 43, Sullivan, Level 6 felony identity deception Auston Moronez, 22, Carlisle, Class A misdemeanor criminal trespass, Class B misdemeanor disorderly conduct Clinton Hestand, 26, Bloomfield, Class A misdemeanor disorderly conduct, Class A misdemeanor resisting law enforcement...
GCGH ahead of the curve in rural healthcare (9/18/17)A recent business-oriented news organization recently reported rural Indiana has a dire lack of healthcare access for delivering babies, but here in Greene County that’s not the case. Inside INdiana...
Bloomfield Pool is necessity (9/8/17)It has been five years since the Bloomfield Town Council made the tough decision to close the town’s pool, and since then several people have stepped up to gather more than $500,000 to remedy the...
- Miners rout Cougars on Homecoming NightIt’s almost an unwritten rule of football. If at all possible, try to avoid scheduling a homecoming opponent who might spoil the festivities by coming away with a victory. There was little chance of the North Daviess Cougars pulling off the upset Friday night at Linton...
- Bloomfield boys beat Clay City, but Lady Eels win girls meet (9/22/17)
- Bloomfield tames the Lady Mustangs on the road (9/22/17)
- WRV boys win Wolverine Invitational; girls fall to Owen Valley (9/22/17)
- Bloomfield hitters carry Lady Cards to victory over Eastern (9/22/17)
- Bloomfield blanks Golden Arrows in tennis (9/22/17)
- Lady Wolverines keep clawing, but Vincennes gets the win (9/22/17)
- Lady Miners declaw Lady Cougars in three (9/21/17)
Community NotesWednesday, September 20 The Linton F&AM will meet to confer the Entered Apprentice degree. Dinner and fellowship at 6 p.m. and begin work at 7 p.m. All brethren welcome back to the light. Thursday, September 21 Little Movers for Preschoolers will be from 10:30-11:30 a.m. at the Linton Public Library Enjoy happy music and movement and dance...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
HUGE ESTATE SALE - TOOLS AND CONSTRUCTION MAT.Huge ESTATE SALE - tools, construction material AND miscellaneous - everything is COME MAKE OFFER TO THE OWNER. Hundreds of electrical tools and materials, construction materials, doors, windows, siding, cabinets, appliances [dishwasher, electric...