Cardinals defend sectional, sweep Eels
Miners lose to Barr-Reeve in sectional final
Greene County Health Department offering free flu shotsWe are still fighting COVID-19 in Greene County and another serious issue is upon us; it is the flu and it can affect anyone. We don’t want to see a one-two punch this winter with COVID-19 and the flu. The good news is protecting yourself is simple. Getting a flu shot protects you, your family and your friends...
Lyons welcomes new town marshalA new town marshal was sworn in during a regular meeting of the Lyons Town Council on Tuesday, Oct. 13. Collin Honeycutt will serve as the next Lyons Town Marshal after the town has been without one for several months, according to council President Kimberly Nickless. Nickless said the COVID-19 pandemic caused the process to “backpedal.”...
Miners and Wolverines enjoy the added prep timeWhen Linton-Stockton takes on Forest Park Saturday at 11 a.m. in the sectional semifinal it will be the first match Linton has played in nine days. Coach Scott Vanderkolk hopes it be enough time for his team to prepare for sectionals. “We’ve got a long break. ...
- Network looking at Linton to film new series; plans to feature GCGH (10/16/20)
- Community Notes (10/16/20)
- Covington woman faces criminal charges in Greene County (10/16/20)
- Police chase through field precedes arrest (10/16/20)
- New Turning Point Education Center under construction at Wagler Motorsports (10/16/20)1
- Town improvement hot topic at Worthington council meeting (10/16/20)
- New scholarship offered for first-time, first generation college students (10/14/20)
- Cast your vote on Nov. 3 for the general election (10/14/20)
- Dugger homecoming 2020 (10/13/20)
- UDWI reopens lobby to the public (10/13/20)
Maria Elena (Newman) BaileyMaria Elena (Newman) Bailey passed away Friday, Oct. 9, 2020, after a long battle with breast cancer. She was born to Anthony Newman and Frances (Willis) Newman on Feb. 25, 1964, in Indianapolis....
Roger B. DoaneRoger B. Doane, 81, of Bloomfield passed away Monday October 12, 2020 at Union Hospital in Terre Haute. Born September 28, 1939 in Jasper, Indiana the son of Bert C. and Lillian (Fernbach) Doane....
Jack NicklessJack Nickless, 79, of Bedford, Indiana, passed away on Saturday, October 10, 2020 in Washington, Indiana. He was born December 31, 1940 in Lawrence County, Indiana to Herschel and Ruth Robinson...
Norma Jean DeanNorma Jean Dean, 81, of Linton, passed away with her loving husband at her side, on Oct. 13, 2020, at Union Hospital in Terre Haute. She was born on Sept. 2, 1939, in Paris, Illinois to Floyd T. and...
- Jaydan Miller plays all over the field for Linton despite injuryIt is not too often you see a player leading in stats for receiving, tackles, punting and kicking in a single game but at Linton-Stockton there is a player who did that this season. His name is Jaydan Miller. What position does Miller play exactly? That’s up for debate as Miller plays offense, defense and special teams. In short, 5’8” junior is an athlete on Linton’s football team...
- Lakers blast Eels, play Clay City next (10/16/20)3
- Linton-Stockton honors Charlie Karazsia (10/13/20)1
- Bloomfield and Eastern Greene lead the way in cross country sectionals (10/13/20)
- White River Valley soccer nearly pulls off sectional upset (10/13/20)
- Linton tunes up for sectionals, Eastern aims to snap skid (10/13/20)
- Scoreboard (10/9/20)
- Miners carry SWIAC into sectionals, Cardinals stay on course for deep run (10/9/20)1
Greene County Sports Video