Sullivan fundraiser to help Compton family in time of needA Sullivan organization called Christmas For Kids of Sullivan County will hold their annual Big Dawg 4-wheel/All-wheel run on Saturday, April 21 at the Shelburn American Legion. The event will serve a dual purpose this year, in light of the tragic loss April 19 of one of its members, Jason Compton...
GCDW Pet of the WeekOur Pets of the Week this week are Morgan, Blu and Duke. These puppy siblings are a heeler/bassett hound mix and are four months old (born on Christmas Day). There are two sisters, Morgan and Blu and brother Duke.
'Beary Super' to keep Blue's seat warmThough a Bloomfield Elementary student cannot be in the classroom while receiving treatment at Riley Hospital for Children, a fluffy friend will sit in his place. Blue Cole, an 11-year-old sixth grader in Becki Wagler's Middle School Life Skills class, was diagnosed with BCOR Sarcoma earlier this year, and has since been in and out of Riley Hospital...
- GCSD discovers suspected marijuana grow operation (4/22/18)
- Sullivan fundraiser to help Compton family in time of need (4/20/18)
- GCDW Pet of the Week (4/20/18)
- Community Notes (4/20/18)
- Court News (4/20/18)
- Linton Police Department Activity Log (4/20/18)
- Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (4/20/18)
- Greene County Daily World honors area students (4/20/18)1
- Two WRV students earn right to BPA Nationals (4/20/18)
- Our Opinion: Youth, community make Greene County’s future bright (4/20/18)1
William “Bill” L. CallihanWilliam “Bill” L. Callihan, age 65, of Linton, passed away at 1:56 a.m. on Saturday, April 21, 2018, at Union Hospital in Terre Haute. He was born in Linton on Nov. 1, 1952, the son of Maurice “Bob”...
Mary Ruth GremoreMary Ruth Gremore, 86, of Odon, and formerly of Bloomfield, went home to be with the Lord on Friday, April 20, 2018. She was born May 19, 1931, to Mary Doris (Jones) and William J. Bullock in...
Deeda LaVae FerreeDeeda LaVae Ferree, age 67, of Martinsville, formerly of Plainfield and Linton, passed away at 5:29 a.m. on Saturday, April 21, 2018, at Franciscan Health Hospital in Indianapolis. She was born in...
Verlin Roy DyerVerlin Roy Dyer, age 71, of Bloomfield, formerly of Worthington, passed away on Friday, April 20, 2018, at Greene County General Hospital in Linton. He was born in Linton on Dec. 21, 1946, the son...
Linton Police Department Activity Log (4/20/18)Linton Police Department Activity Log The Linton Police Department responded to 50 incidents and calls for service Tuesday and Wednesday, including one assist to other departments, one bank/...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (4/20/18)Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log Kayla Jo Pirtle, 30, Carlisle, was arrested on a preliminary charge of operating while intoxicated. Bond set at $4,000 Dustin Frederick Abel, 30,...
Sabrina StockrahmRemembering our 2017 Shining Star
Chris PruettGreene County has a Bright Future ahead
Terry SchwinghammerOne of these days, spring will arrive...for good
Kristen InmanOn bearing witness
By Patti DannerBack to the land of lattes and weed
Andrew BowenTindley stops Greene County team for second year in a row1
Brenda HancockTips for dealing with forgetfulness
Larry VandeventerA real pain in the dairy air
By Billy HollandPrayer is the least and the most we can do
Savannah Boone Community BloggerDown but not out
Nicole StahlLinton bank will also collect tax payments
Ask a Greene GardenerIs Master Gardener Program a good fit for you?
- AREA ROUNDUP: Bloomfield, WRV, Union, and Linton baseball; Bloomfield tennis; Linton and WRV softball (4/22/18)
- AREA ROUNDUP: Bloomfield tennis, Linton and WRV softball, (4/22/18)
- Bloomfield Finishes Fourth at Washington Invitational (4/21/18)
- Lady Lakers sweep Eminence (4/21/18)
- Two-hit Miners win at Brown County (4/21/18)
- Wolverines sweep Bulldogs, fall to Cougars (4/21/18)
- Lakers fall just short to Arrows (4/21/18)
Community NotesMonday, April 23 The Ridgeport Cemetery Annual Meeting will be held on Monday, April 23rd at 7:00 p.m. at the home of Philip Holtsclaw in Ridgeport. We would like to welcome anyone that would like to get involved with cemetery to please join us. If you have any questions, please contact Kathy Holtsclaw at 812-384-5664...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Latest State & Nation News