Bloomfield NJROTC cadets earn high marks at regional competitionBloomfield High School’s NJROTC Drill Team, led by LCDR Mike Cluver and Chief David Hultberg and commanded by Cadet Jacob King, attended the Washington High School NJROTC Mega Drill Meet, a Multi-Service JROTC Drill, Physical Fitness and Air Rifle Competition on Feb 3, and continued their history of achievement, earning first place overall in the physical fitness team competition, second place overall in military drill and second place overall in the trophy category...
REMC votes to reduce board compensation, end insurance benefitsIn their monthly board meeting held Monday evening, members of the UDWI REMC Board of Directors approved a new compensation structure for members of the board proposed by the Board Compensation Committee. The committee, made up of board members John Royal, David Burger and Jimmy Jackson, gathered compensation data and board practices from similar electric cooperatives in the region as well as nationwide, getting recommendations from many and studying the examples of others...
January Cause for Applause recognizes Sheila McCammonLinton Stockton School Corporation’s January Cause for Applause recipient is Elementary School teacher’s assistant Sheila McCammon. Every month, LSSC selects a Cause for Applause winner to recognize those who go above and beyond their normal duties...
- Wednesday morning accident sends three to hospital
- Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log
- REMC votes to reduce board compensation, end insurance benefits 11
- 12-year-old arrested for threat against Dugger school 1
- January Cause for Applause recognizes Sheila McCammon (2/21/18)
- Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (2/21/18)
- Student makes verbal threat at Bloomfield Tuesday (2/21/18)
- Bloomfield students take love of reading to the game (2/20/18)1
- Bloomfield grad brings Branson home (2/20/18)1
- Group offers support in Solsberry (2/20/18)
Dallas Eugene MazeDallas Eugene Maze, 76, of Bedford, passed away Sunday, Feb. 18, 2018, at Bell Trace Rehabilitation Center in Bloomington. Born May 26, 1941 in Lawrence County, he was the son of Lawrence and Minnie...
Robert “Bob” Lee FauvergueRobert “Bob” Lee Fauvergue, age 94, of Martinsville, passed away peacefully at 8:10 a.m. on Sunday, Feb. 18, 2018, at his residence. He was born in Bloomington on Sept. 27, 1923, the son of the late...
Robert E. “Curly” EpeardsRobert E. “Curly” Epeards, 74, of Solsberry went home to be with our Lord on Feb. 18, 2018 at home, peacefully surrounded by family. Robert was born in Indianapolis to Robert E. and Josephine...
David "Dave" MattoxDavid "Dave" Mattox, 84, of Jasonville, passed away at 11 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018 in his residence in Jasonville. He was born June 29, 1933 in Terre Haute, to Earl Mattox and Evelyn (Edmonson)...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (2/22/18)Nathaniel Longfellow McCloud, 42, Paoli, was arrested on a warrant for Class A misdemeanor operating while intoxicated and a writ of attachment. No bond set. David Aaron Butche, 26, Solsberry, was...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (2/21/18)Nathaniel S. Huffman, 22, Springville, was arrested on a warrant for Class B misdemeanor possession of marijuana. Bond set at $5,000 with 10 percent allowed. Sabrina Lyn Handley, 31, Bloomfield, was...
Police Logs (2/19/18)Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log Anthony Martin Cazee, 47, Jasonville, was arrested on a warrant for Level 6 felony pointing a firearm at another person; Class B misdemeanor disorderly...
Court News (2/19/18)CRIMINAL CASES Adam Kerr, 37, Solsberry, Class B misdemeanor leaving the scene of an accident Kevin W. Moore, 44, Linton, Level 2 felony dealing in or delivering methamphetamine 10 or more grams; Level 4 felony dealing in methamphetamine between one and five grams; Level 5 felony possession of methamphetamine less than five grams; Level 6 felony possession of methamphetamine; Class A misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance (three counts); Class B misdemeanor possession of marijuana; Class C misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia. ...
Andrew BowenArea teams delivered magnificent performances in sectional
Sabrina StockrahmI want to be my little sister when I grow up
By Patti DannerHave I lost my ever-lovin’ mind? It’s Linda Bedwell’s fault.
Kristen InmanFrequent thoughts: How did I end up here?
Chris PruettStudents showcase power of prayer
Terry SchwinghammerIt’s Holiday Tournament Season
- Weekend Prep Roundball previewsWith sectional play beginning next week the regular season is winding down for area basketball teams. A half-dozen games are on tap this weekend - three on Thursday, two on Friday and one Saturday - as teams wrap up the regular campaign. Thursday the Eastern Greene Thunderbirds host the Edgewood Mustangs in the regular season finale for both teams. White River Valley is home against Vincennes Rivet while the Shakamak Lakers are on the road at Owen Valley...
- Miners vanquish Vikings 76-41 (2/20/18)
- WRV to honor athletes from teams in early ‘90’s (2/20/18)
- Hamilton will take the gridiron for the Sycamores (2/19/18)
- IHSAA sectional pairings set (2/18/18)
- Gilbert, Moore duel; Clovers top Lakers (2/18/18)
- Bad second half dooms Wolverines at North Daviess (2/17/18)
- Eastern survives late rally to beat Shakamak 47-42 (2/17/18)
Community NotesThursday, February 22 The Greene County Redevelopment Commission will hold its regular monthly meeting at 9:30 a.m. in the Commissioners Room on the third floor of the Greene County Courthouse. White River Valley High School is honoring the members of the 1991-1993 successful athletic teams at the WRV home game against Vincennes Rivet. ...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Australian Shepherd Mix Puppies14 weeks old. Farm raised. Good with cats, dogs, chickens, ducks, and children. Beginning potty training, hardly any accidents anymore. Some know how to sit and fewer know how to lay down :-) Approved homes only.
SCIS Security Officer PositonJOIN THE SECURITY INDUSTRY LEADER! Securitas Critical Infrastructure Services, Inc. (SCIS) Security Officers Advancement Opportunities SCIS (formerly Pinkerton Government Services) License, the nation’s only Specialty Services Company...