One airlifted after motorcycle strikes cow on SR 59Around 12 a.m. on Thursday, April 26, officials responded to the scene of an accident on State Road 59 between Linton and Jasonville. According to deputies from the Greene County Sheriff's Department, the individual was driving his motorcycle southbound on 59 when he collided with a cow...
WRV Middle School students are scientifically proven championsWhite River Valley Middle School (WRVMS) seventh/eighth-grade science teacher Amy Coons, along with 28 budding student-scientists, traveled to the 34th Annual Team Crane Science Fair on March 21 and, along with several students from other Greene County schools, came back as scientifically-proven winners...
Sweet 16: Tier Ten 19u volleyball team wins additional title in IndianapolisOn April 14 the Tier Ten 16u team took another trip to Indianapolis to play in a tournament hosted at The Academy Volleyball Club on Indy’s east side. This tournament was titled “The Academy Spring Fling” and while current Indiana weather is struggling to figure out the season, the 16u girls have their season right where they want it.
- WRV Middle School students are scientifically proven champions (4/25/18)
- Sweet 16: Tier Ten 19u volleyball team wins additional title in Indianapolis (4/25/18)
- LeGrand to present weekend pop-up show (4/25/18)
- GCGH to assume management of provider clinics (4/25/18)
- Linton Police Department Activity Log (4/25/18)
- Greene County Sheriff's Department Activity Log (4/25/18)
- Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (4/25/18)
- Poppy Day set for May 4 (4/25/18)
- Circus in Bloomfield tonight, location changed (4/25/18)
- Community Notes (4/25/18)
Steven Rex WilsonSteven Rex Wilson, 65, of Bloomfield, passed away Monday, April 23, 2018 at Greene County General Hospital. Born Nov. 15, 1952 in Linton, he was the son of Rex and Rosalie (Nethery) Wilson. Steven...
Mark BohnMark Bohn of Bloomfield passed away on Friday April 20, 2018 at the Roudebush VA Medical Center in Indianapolis after a brief illness. He was born on August 11, 1957 in Chicago Heights Ill. to...
William “Bill” L. CallihanWilliam “Bill” L. Callihan, age 65, of Linton, passed away at 1:56 a.m. on Saturday, April 21, 2018, at Union Hospital in Terre Haute. He was born in Linton on Nov. 1, 1952, the son of Maurice “Bob”...
Mary Ruth GremoreMary Ruth Gremore, 86, of Odon, and formerly of Bloomfield, went home to be with the Lord on Friday, April 20, 2018. She was born May 19, 1931, to Mary Doris (Jones) and William J. Bullock in...
Linton Police Department Activity Log (4/25/18)The Linton Police Department responded to 104 incidents and calls for service from Friday through Tuesday, including two property damage, two personal injury accidents, one alcohol offense, three...
Greene County Sheriff's Department Activity Log (4/25/18)The Greene County Sheriff’s Department responded to 52 incidents and calls for service from April 20 through April 22, including four property damage accidents, one personal injury accident, three...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (4/25/18)Robert Michael Hauck, 22, Linton, was arrested on a warrant for residential entry. Bond set at $10,000. Charles Clifton Brown III, 38, Evansville, was arrested on an out-of-county warrant for...
Court News (4/24/18)CRIMINAL CASES Leonard J. Corbin, 47, Bloomington, Class A misdemeanor domestic battery Kayla J. Pirtle, 30, Carlisle, Class C misdemeanor OVI; Class A misdemeanor OVI with blood alcohol equivalent to .15 or more Kevin D. Lithincum, 48, Bloomfield, Class A misdemeanor OVI; Class A misdemeanor driving while suspended with prior conviction; Class B misdemeanor leaving the scene of an accident...
Chris PruettUnderstanding the Indiana voucher program and its impact1
Sabrina StockrahmRemembering our 2017 Shining Star
Terry SchwinghammerOne of these days, spring will arrive...for good
Kristen InmanOn bearing witness
By Patti DannerBack to the land of lattes and weed
Andrew BowenTindley stops Greene County team for second year in a row1
Brenda HancockTips for dealing with forgetfulness
Larry VandeventerA real pain in the dairy air
By Billy HollandPrayer is the least and the most we can do
Savannah Boone Community BloggerDown but not out
Nicole StahlLinton bank will also collect tax payments
Ask a Greene GardenerIs Master Gardener Program a good fit for you?
- Eastern rallies in sixth to beat North CentralLITTLE CINCINNATI -- Eastern pulled off the last rally Wednesday night to hand visiting North Central an 8-5 loss in the duel between the Thunderbirds. North Central (1-5, 0-3 in the Southwest Indiana Athletic Conference) struck for three runs in the top of the sixth to knot the score at five apiece. Eastern (2-4, 1-1) countered with three runs in its half of the inning as Blayne Campbell slammed a three-run homer over the center field fence...
- AREA ROUNDUP: Lady Cards blank North Daviess
- Workmanlike Miners top Cougars
- Wolverines demolish Bloomfield 21-3 (4/25/18)1
- Miners hold off Patriot uprising (4/24/18)
- Miner linksters top Lakers, Wolverines and Vikings in four-way (4/24/18)
- AREA ROUNDUP: Bloomfield, WRV, Union, and Linton baseball; Bloomfield tennis; Linton and WRV softball (4/22/18)
- WRV girls, Eastern boys both place second at Miner Invitational (4/22/18)
Community NotesFriday, April 27 Come support the WRV’s Champions Together fundraiser for Special Olympics. On April 27, Cinco De Mayo Restaurant, in Lyons, will donate 10 percent of all profits the entire day to benefit Champions Together. Lively Ladies will meet at Linton Public Library from 1-3 p.m. It is primarily for ladies of retirement age. Event features wide variety of guest speakers, some light refreshments and a fun time to relax...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield