Greene County General Hospital Board to support Opioid Safety ProgramThe GCGH Board has announced its support of an opioid safety program designed to improve the safe use of opioid medications by patients in Greene County. According to information obtained by the...
Shakamak Schools grateful for donations from Dollar General StoresThe MSD Shakamak Board of School Trustees met for their regular monthly meeting Jan. 11, beginning the evening with the reorganization of board officers. It was decided to retain 2017 officers in the...
Solsberry woman, two others arrested on drug charges1A car being driven without a license plate led to the arrest of a Solsberry woman and a passenger from Bloomington. A separate arrest of a third individual also took place on Tuesday. According to a...
- Delays for Thursday, Jan. 18, 2018
- INDOT: Beware of flooding this weekend
- UPDATED at 6:40 a.m.: Closings and Delays for Wednesday Jan. 17, 2018 (1/16/18)
- Community Notes (1/16/18)
- Greene County Health Department Inspections Jan. 16, 2018 (1/16/18)
- UPDATE: Semi causes UDWI REMC power outage (1/16/18)3
- Cheryl Hamilton of LSCC completes third year of leadership training (1/15/18)
- Suspect allegedly follows burglary in Sullivan with attempted home invasion, criminal mischief (1/15/18)
- Freedom Festival Queen places in state pageant (1/15/18)
- Bloomfield woman plunges for a playground (1/15/18)
Arnold George EngleArnold George Engle, age 97, of Linton, passed away peacefully on Tuesday, January 16, 2018, at Linton Nursing & Rehab Center. Visitation will be Friday, January 19 from 3-6 p.m. at Welch & Cornett...
Steven Brent SextonSteven Brent Sexton, 65, of Jasonville, passed away at 9:25 a.m. Monday, January 15, 2018 in his residence. He was born March 11, 1952 in Linton, to Robert Sexton and Delores (Walters) Sexton....
Mary Ellen BallMary Ellen Ball, age 74, of Linton, passed away peacefully at 8 p.m. on Monday, January 15, 2018, at Linton Nursing & Rehab Center. She was born on December 18, 1943, the daughter of the late John...
Kirk R. SandersKirk R. Sanders, age 58, of Austin, Ind., formerly of Linton, passed away Wednesday, Jan. 3, 2018. Kirk was born in Linton Feb. 15, 1959 to William E. and Patricia A. (Wright) Sanders. Kirk was a...
Linton Police Department Activity Log (1/15/18)The Linton Police Department responded to 49 incidents and calls for service from Jan. 11-15, including two animal complaints, two criminal mischief, two theft, one threat, seven assists to other...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Activity Log (1/15/18)The Greene County Sheriff’s Department responded to 133 incidents and calls for service from Jan. 8-12, including five abandoned vehicles, 34 property damage accidents, four alarms, four animal...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (1/15/18)Jonathan Lee Towell, 31, Worthington, was arrested on preliminary charges of Level 6 felony battery resulting in bodily injury to a law enforcement officer, Class B misdemeanor refusal to aid...
Court News (1/10/18)CRIMINAL CASES Stephanie J. Hawkins, 33, Jasonville, Level 6 felony possession of methamphetamine Class A misdemeanor driving while suspended prior conviction, Class C misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia Steven Earl Strange, 43, Washington, Level 6 felony possession of methamphetamine, Class C misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia...
Andrew BowenInvitational ended on a high note, a classic game
Chris PruettStudents showcase power of prayer
Terry SchwinghammerIt’s Holiday Tournament Season
Sabrina StockrahmI’m back after welcoming beautiful baby girl1
Kristen InmanAxl Rose is (hopefully) getting evicted
By Patti DannerI was never the girl next door...4
- Weekly Prep Roundball PreviewsWeather permitting there will be basketball this weekend. Last week’s slate was wiped out when winter storms swept through the area. This weekend features three rematches, three Friday night Southwestern Indiana Athletic Conference tilts and five Saturday night ballgames...
- ROUNDUP: Austin Robertson, Cancellations and Reschedulings (1/16/18)
- Cancellation (1/15/18)
- UPDATED: Bulldogs, Lady Bulldogs sweep Living Water Marlins in Blue Streak Classic (1/14/18)
- LadyBirds rally to edge WRV 60-54 (1/13/18)
- Elijah Fulford to play soccer for St. Marys (1/13/18)
- No games Friday, Jan. 12 (1/12/18)
- Lady ‘Dogs do it again (1/12/18)
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Latest State & Nation News