BSD board tables vote to move forward with Pre-K programOfficials, parents and community members are all on board to bring a preschool program to Bloomfield, but some are wanting a clearer plan in place before moving forward. Bloomfield Schools Superintendent Jeff Gibboney asked the school board for, and was granted, permission to explore the possibility of adding a developmental or general education preschool to the district at the January meeting. Earlier this month, Gibboney also asked the public to take part in a short online feasibility survey...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log
Former Apple Festival Queen makes Dean’s list at IUAlexandria “Ally” Kilzer, 2016 Bloomfield Apple Festival Queen and 2017 graduate of Bloomfield High School, was recently informed she had made the Dean’s list at Indiana University College of Arts and Sciences. Kilzer’s mother, Brandi Lewis, works at Baxter Pharmaceuticals in Bloomington and her father, Joel Kilzer, is an electrical engineer at Crane. Kilzer’s grandmother is Susie Lewis of Bloomfield and her sister, Nicole, is a senior at BHS...
- Assessor discusses important tax information
- Commissioners suggest salary committee
- Community Notes (3/22/19)
- GCDW Pet of the Week (3/22/19)
- Linton Police Department Activity Log (3/22/19)
- Miners, 59ers to clash in 2A State Finals (3/22/19)
- Eastern Greene School Board faces a fractured community (3/21/19)
- EGMS students and staff honor World Down Syndrome Day with fabulous footwear (3/21/19)
- Eastern Greene Principal Doug Lewis to take the reins at WRV (3/21/19)4
- Jasonville officers rescue fleeing subject from water (3/21/19)
Quintin Daine MurphyQuintin Daine Murphy, 42, of Bloomington passed away Friday, March 22, 2019 at his residence. Born Sept. 13, 1976 in Terre Haute, the son of David John Murphy and Margaret A. (Sluder) Jurs. Quintin...
Everett E. GilhamEverett E. Gilham, 75, of Sullivan, passed away Friday, March 22, 2019, at Gibson Family Center for Hospice Care in Terre Haute. He was born May 22, 1943, in Sullivan County to the late Homer and...
LaDeena CantrellLaDeena Cantrell, 72, of Linton, passed away on Friday, March 22, 2019 in Linton. Arrangements are pending and will be posted when they are available. All arrangements have been entrusted to Meng...
Dale Oren GallianDale Oren Gallian, 69, of Worthington, passed away Wednesday March 20, 2019 at the IU Health Hospice House in Bloomington. Born March 30, 1949 in Linton, the son of Willis and Marcia L. (Collings)...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (3/24/19)
Linton Police Department Activity Log (3/22/19)The Linton Police Department responded to 30 incidents and calls for service March 21, including one property damage accidents, two animal complaints, one assist to other departments, one extra...
Linton Police Department Activity Log (3/20/19)The Linton Police Department responded to 41 incidents and calls for service March 19, including four animal complaints, one assist to other departments, one assist to the public, one battery, two...
Court News (3/13/19)CRIMINAL CASES Donald C. Weber, 62, Bloomfield, Level 5 felony intimidation where defendant draws or uses a deadly weapon; Class B misdemeanor criminal mischief Kelly D. Reed, 41, Linton, Class C misdemeanor OVI; Class C misdemeanor OVI with alcohol concentration between .08 and .15...
Jennifer and Jeff HawkinsHoosier Advance Health Care Directive Options May Improve
Larry VandeventerI am a baby gloomer
By Billy HollandInjecting faith into our doubt
Nicole StahlTreasurer's Office welcomes intern
Brenda HancockBuild-a-basket provides basic needs
Lori WadeMoonlight Films gallery this weekend at Carnegie
- Slover receives coveted Trester Award1INDIANAPOLIS – Obviously he would rather have won a state championship. But Evan Slover didn’t leave Bankers Life Fieldhouse empty-handed. The Linton-Stockton senior point guard was presented with the coveted Arthur L. Trester Mental Attitude Award following the 2A State Finals game...
- Scrimmage with Alices gives Lakers a learning lesson (3/23/19)
- Andrean’s stretch run ends Miners’ state title hopes (3/23/19)2
- Veterans will guide large contingent of Lady Miner netters (3/22/19)
- What a long, victorious trip it’s been (3/22/19)
- Battery of assistants helps Hart direct Miners’ campaign (3/22/19)
- The Miners benefit from a Hart to Hart (3/22/19)
- IBCA bestows All-State honors on two county hoopsters (3/22/19)
Community NotesCommunity Notes Friday, March 22 The WestGate @ Crane Authority will meet with TEConomy and Perkins+ for an informational meeting where no business will be conducted on Friday, March 22, at 12:30 p.m. The Monroe County chapter of the National Wild Turkey Federation (NWTF) will hold their annual banquet, auction and fundraiser at the National Guard Armory located at 3380 S. ...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Custom Made Wood Display Cabinet NewNew Display Cabinet, custom built, glass top lifts, cabinet shelves slide out -- 59 1/2 H, 38" D, 40 W $200.00 Call or Text 812-259-0690. Pick up Worthington