Bloomfield Pool no longer a pipe dreamThe Bloomfield Pool Technical Review Committee (TRC) met on Thursday evening to make modifications to its first piece of documentation which it will publish, the Request for Qualifications (RFQ) of...
LS Middle School to have new principal by MayLinton-Stockton Middle School should have a new principal in charge by May, according to Superintendent Nick Karazsia. Interviews are scheduled for the second week of March, according to Karazsia,...
Grief share group to begin March 2A grief share support group is set to begin again this spring, offering support for anyone when grieving a loss. Beginning on Thursday, March 2, the program will meet from 6-7:30 p.m. in building A...
- Community Notes
- Watch for daytime crews on I-69 (2/23/17)
- LOCATED:LPD asks for assistance locating missing person (2/22/17)
- Beef producers certified as Indiana Master Cattleman (2/22/17)
- Pet of the Week 2-25 (2/22/17)
- UDPATE: Sullivan County bus driver misses intersection stop due to fog (2/22/17)
- Local bids sought for jail survey (2/22/17)
- Community Notes (2/21/17)
- Soup dinner to support ministry in Thailand (2/21/17)1
- Linton-Stockton Chamber hears farming facts (2/21/17)2
Barry Lee Miller Sr.Barry Lee Miller Sr., 69, of Linton, passed away on Thursday, Feb. 23, 2017, at Greene County General Hospital in Linton. He was born on May 16, 1947, in Anderson, the son of Max Miller and Pauline...
Shirley CurtsShirley Curts, age 72, of Worthington, passed away on Monday, Feb. 20, 2017, at Lyons Health & Living Center. She was born in Linton on Oct. 30, 1944, the daughter of Claude and Hazel (Hubble) Gray....
Mildred A. ThomasMildred A. Thomas, 92, Brownsburg, passed away on Feb. 22, 2017. She was an inspector for General Electric for 35 years and a member of the American Legion Auxiliary in Linton, Ind. She was preceded...
Monna IronsMonna Irons, 81, of Linton, passed away at 4:33 p.m. Monday, Feb. 20 in Union Hospital in Terre Haute. She was born March 15, 1935 in Greene County to LaGonia “Eph” Kirkpatrick and Mamie Cecil...
Linton Police Department activity log (2/23/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 15 incidents for service Wednesday and Thursday, including one animal complaint, one fraud, one missing person, one special detail, one attempted suicide,...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (2/23/17)Franklin Lee Boger, 26, Terre Haute, was arrested on a warrant for driving while suspended. Bond is set at $5,000. Monica Enochs, 42, Sullivan, was arrested on an out of county warrant for purchase...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (2/22/17)Baysul Samuel Buckner, Jr., 50, Bloomfield, was arrested on a warrant for domestic battery. Bond is set at $10,000. Shawn Patrick Lawson, 46, Lewis, was arrested on a warrant for resisting law...
Kelly SlavenFor those who have it 'all together'
Andrew ChristmanThe issue of over thinking
Grant KarazsiaReturning the to the source
By Patti DannerPart Three, in which I talk about the pressroom and inserters...............
Jon SwabyIts all about the smiles
Terry SchwinghammerHigh school hoops: Can the next seven weeks match the last two?
REMC Employees and RepresentativesDon’t forget to check your shoe
Larry VandeventerIn your face, Henry Ford
Cheryl HamiltonFebruary meeting set for Tuesday
Brenda HancockFebruary is National Heart Month
By Billy HollandChoosing to build on a solid foundation
Donna KluesnerLocal Photographer Discovers the Extraordinary in the Ordinary2
Persistent action causes board to reevaluate (2/20/17)Last year, a group of Utilities District of Western Indiana REMC customers raised concerns about their high utility rates. The members’ persistent action pressed the board of directors to re-evaluate...
Dirt Captain Car wash debuts in Bloomfield (2/15/17)A pirate-themed car wash officially opens in Bloomfield on Saturday, offering the ‘latest in touchless car wash technology.’ Dirt Captain Carwash is owned by Austin Harrah and Doug Dayhoff, who said...
- WRV stumbles in third and falls to Rivet 48-36VINCENNES – Different lineups, same old story. White River Valley (4-18) ventured to Vincennes Rivet Thursday night and fell 48-36. WRV coach Jimmy Beasley has said several times that the Wolverines have a habit of losing a game because of one miserable quarter, and that was the case again Thursday...
- Lakers unable to sustain early momentum, fall in overtime to Patriots (2/23/17)
- Fast start carries Miners past West Vigo (2/22/17)
- Pittman has three good reasons to like playing for Earlham (2/22/17)
- Linton Youth League to sign up baseball and softball players (2/22/17)
- Linton falls to No. 7 in final AP weekly poll (2/22/17)
- Bellarmine U pummels visiting Prairie Stars (2/22/17)
- Area teams wrap up regular season (2/22/17)
Community NotesFriday, February 24 The Linton Public Library will host ‘Lively Ladies’. This program meets the fourth Friday of the month from 1-3 p.m., and is primarily for ladies of retirement age. It includes a wide variety of guest speakers, some light refreshments and a fun time to relax. Programs and subject matter vary each month...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
1969 Dodge Charger R/TRed 1969 Dodge Charger R/T and A33 Track Pack, 440 Magnum $16,500, firstname.lastname@example.org / 765-505-7149
City Real Estate
Lovely home for sale at 219 S. Court Street in Sullivan, IndianaHas been inspected, approved and appraised by FHA at $55,000 and qualified for $0 down financing. 1300 square footage. Hardwood floors, 9’ ceilings with transom doors and large windows for beautiful sunlight. Two bedrooms with large closets and...
System EngineerSystem Engineer (Engineer 1) UDWI REMC, a 19,000 meter electrical distribution Cooperative, is hiring for a System Engineer. More info. available at www.udwiremc.com The deadline for qualified applicants is March 3, 2017.