WRV Board approves of study committeeThe White River Valley School Board approved of establishing a grade system study committee during its regular meeting Thursday evening. According to WRV superintendent Bob Hacker, the committee will...
Clear the Shelter event to help find homes for long-time tenantsSome animals at the shelter have been waiting at least three months for a new home, says executive director of the Greene County Humane Society Michelle Chapman. This Saturday, the humane society...
Lauderdale memorial mud bog event this weekendAn event planned before the tragic passing of Bloomfield’s Jaden Lauderdale’s passing will go on in her memory this weekend. The Jaden Lauderdale Memorial Mud Bog will be held at the Taylor Ridge...
- City of Linton working to develop new industrial park (8/17/17)
- Linton Farmers’ Market welcomes Liberty Bell BBQ (8/17/17)
- LSSC seeking ‘Cause for Applause’ nominations (8/17/17)
- Here comes the sun, are you prepared? (8/16/17)
- Local business to help BJ Claus stock his sled (8/16/17)
- Accident with deer results in flipped vehicle (8/16/17)
- Community Notes (8/16/17)
- Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship open (8/15/17)
- INDOT improves ramps in Bloomfield (8/15/17)
- State Treasurer announces INvestABLE plan (8/15/17)
Meredith CooperMeredith Mix Cooper, 82, died peacefully Friday, Aug. 11, 2017. He is predeceased by his wife of 57 years, Ronda (Grabbe) Cooper. He leaves his daughters Kelly (Tim) Crotty and Ashley (John)...
James HensleyJames E. Hensley, 70, of Tallahassee, Florida, formerly of Linton, Indiana, passed away peacefully, on Thursday, Aug. 10, 2017 at Lake Butler, Fla. He was born in Linton on Oct, 28, 1946 to Eugene...
Cohen FirestoneCohen Firestone, stillborn, opened his eyes for the first time on Aug. 9, 2017, seeing the face of Jesus. The son of Reid L. and Deidra A. (Drake) Firestone of Sandborn, Cohen was born on Aug. 9,...
Lorene PellLorene Pell, 92, of Jasonville, passed away at 4:40 a.m. Monday, August 14, 2017 in Shakamak Good Samaritan Center, Jasonville. She was born April 14, 1925 in Sullivan, to Emil Laughlin and Ertice...
Linton Police Department activity log (8/17/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 12 incidents for service Thursday, including one animal complaint, one domestic dispute, one harassment, one interview, one property, one attempted suicide,...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (8/17/17)Steven Earl Strange, 43, Bloomington, was arrested on a warrant for residential entry. Bond set at $5,000 with 10 percent allowed. Randall Lee Wright, 59, Bloomington, was arrested on a preliminary...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (8/16/17)Valerie Herbst, 53, Bloomfield, was arrested on a preliminary charge of battery. Bond set at $500 with 10 percent allowed. Nicole Renee Miller, 28, Bedford, was arrested on a warrant for dealing...
Andrew BowenReporter investigates mystery of missing scrimmage
Kristen InmanAnimal Heroes, Part II1
Terry SchwinghammerIt’s that time of year again
Sabrina StockrahmHelp us find local Difference Makers
Andrew ChristmanWhen all goes wrong, make it right
Chris PruettCity has to change with the times2
Larry VandeventerI’m not fat, I’m frothy
By Billy HollandAre we a spectator or a participator?
Ask a Greene GardenerRidding garden of Japanese Beetles
Nicole StahlBidders must pre-register for tax sale
Brenda HancockSpring issue of Generations Magazine is out
Donna KluesnerMarsh Madness artist Marty Jones opens Friday at Carnegie1
There’s still time to provide input on Vote Center Plan (8/16/17)Voters have until the end of the week to provide their input on a plan which could change the way Greene Countians vote. Last month, Greene County Clerk Susan Fowler and Voter Registration Clerk...
Annual event shows police as ‘normal’ people (8/7/17)With easy access to news and some misinformation in terms of mainstream media and social media, it is all too easy to portray a group of people in a bad light without having a previous interaction of...
- Lady Miner linksters tee it up against Braves, WarriorsThe Linton-Stockton Lady Miners golf team was in action Wednesday and Thursday this week. Wednesday the Lady Miners hosted Terre Haute South at Phil Harris Golf Course. The Lady Braves were 60 shots better than the Lady Miners, 176-236. Nonetheless, Linton-Stockton coach was happy with the girls’ performance...
- Lady Cards pick up second conference win
- Lady Laker volleyballers notch first win (8/17/17)
- VOLLEYBALL ROUNDUP (8/17/17)
- Miner netters fall to Lions, Vikings (8/17/17)
- WRV harriers compete in Brown County Relay (8/17/17)
- Lady Miners serve up win over WRV (8/16/17)
- Bloomfield continues strong start, tops Shakamak in four (8/16/17)
Community NotesWednesday, August 16 The Linton Youth Football League will hold sign ups from 6-8 p.m. at the LHS football field. Children that turn 8 before Jan. 31 are eligible for the tackle league and there is a flag league for children age 6 and 7. Cost for the tackle league is $60 per player and cost for the flag league is $25 per player. For more information, call 812-512-2430...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
City Real Estate
House for SaleThree bedroom, 1.5 bath, house for sale (no contracts). Nice town lot, with lots of mature trees in the backyard, and still plenty of room for a garden. New windows, new roof, new half bath upstairs, and remodeled full bath downstairs 5 years ago....
Home Health RN/LPN Weekend OptionHoosier Home Health is seeking a RN/LPN Weekend Option Nurse to care for our patients in the Linton area. As a team member of Hoosier Home Health, you will be part of one of the fastest growing segments in the health industry, with a company...