Greene Gab Episode 59In this week’s Greene Gab, Patti and Andrew bring you donations to the Humane Society, Christmas at Crane and more...
GCDW Pet of the WeekThis week’s GCDW Pet of the Week is Bubbles. Bubbles is a three to four year old male domestic shorthair cat with ginger siamese markings . Bubbles is an indoor-only cat who is neutered, current on...
Woodall fills clerk positionThe former first deputy in the Greene County Clerk’s Office is fulfilling the term of the late Susan Fowler. Tammy Woodall will fill the position as Greene County Clerk through the completion of...
- Mogan announces retirement as Shakamak superintendent (12/14/17)2
- Free evening courses in Electronics Fundamentals available at WestGate@ Crane Technology Park (12/14/17)
- Water main leak reported on 15th Street in Linton (12/14/17)
- State Road 54 in Linton now open (12/14/17)
- Linton Police Department activity log (12/14/17)
- Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (12/14/17)
- Bladen says goodbye to Bloomfield Library Board (12/13/17)
- Richland Twp. volunteers want to help provide what fire takes away (12/13/17)
- Bloomfield resident makes commitment as a Providence Associate (12/13/17)
- Humane Society gets a Christmas present (12/13/17)
Andrea ‘Candy’ AndersonAndrea “Candy” Anderson, 70, of Bloomfield, passed away Thursday, Dec. 14, 2017 at IU Health Bloomington Hospital. Born March 8, 1947 in Washington, the daughter of Perry A. and Irma Lee (Conrad)...
Freddie Joe Neidigh, Sr.Freddie Joe Neidigh, Sr. 72, of Newberry, passed away at 5:44 a.m. on Monday, December 11, 2017, at IU Health Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis. Born June 26, 1945, in Newberry, he was the son of...
Don Alvin FranklinDon Alvin Franklin of Marshall, Mich., died Dec. 7, 2017, at his home. He was 78. Mr. Franklin was born in Linton to Alvin M. (Doc) and Sarah Louise (Dannenfelser) Franklin on July 8, 1939. He...
Rita Ann SandersRita Ann Sanders, 73, of Jasonville, passed away peacefully on December 12, 2017 at Greene County General Hospital in Linton. Rita was born in South Bend on Dec. 19, 1943 to James and Evelyn (Thoma)...
Linton Police Department activity log (12/14/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 28 incidents for service Thursday, including two property damage accidents, one personal injury accident, one alarm, two animal complaints, one assist to...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (12/14/17)John Ray Correll, 67, Linton, was arrested on a preliminary charge of operating while intoxicated. Bond set at $4,000 with 10 percent allowed.
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (12/13/17)Ronald Lee Eaton Jr., 48, Bloomfield, was arrested on a writ of attachment. Bond set at $1,000. Jason L. Wingler, 42, Sandborn, was arrested on preliminary charges of resisting law enforcement and...
Sabrina StockrahmI’m back after welcoming beautiful baby girl
Kristen InmanAxl Rose is (hopefully) getting evicted
Andrew BowenThunderbirds display true grit to the end
By Patti DannerI was never the girl next door...4
Jon SwabyOn the precipice of another firearms deer season
Terry SchwinghammerMore “History in the Making” for Thunderbirds?
We need to fight for net neutrality (12/1/17)When somebody mentions the need for a “free internet,” a lot of us may assume that by definition the internet is not free. After all, we have to pay for our monthly services, right? That includes a...
Eastern Greene’s success brings us together as a county (11/24/17)Despite a hard-fought loss, we at the Greene County Daily World would like to note the amount of community support we have witnessed for the Eastern Greene Thunderbirds. With a Greene County team...
- Lady Blackhawks swoop into Bloomfield for 41-24 winBLOOMFIELD -- No Toon, too little confidence in their shooting, too much overpassing, too much Springs Valley height, and the flu bug. Stir those together and you have the recipe for Bloomfield’s 41-24 loss to visiting Springs Valley (4-6) Thursday night...
- Lady Wolverines chomp early, then hold off Lady T-Birds’ talons (12/14/17)
- Lady Miners pull away for SWIAC win (12/14/17)
- Weekend Prep Roundball Previews (12/13/17)
- Lady Arrows sink Lady Lakers (12/12/17)
- Late rally carries Bloomfield past WRV 47-42 (12/12/17)
- Eastern honors football players at banquet (12/11/17)
- Greene County Invitational field set (12/11/17)
Community NotesWednesday, December 13 Dugger Union Community School Board will hold an executive session at 6 p.m. The meeting of the Executive Board of the Greene-Sullivan Special Education Cooperative will meet in executive session at 9:30 a.m. with the regular meeting to follow at 10:30 a.m. in the conference room at the Greene-Sullivan Special Education Cooperative in Linton...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
RN/LPN Home Health NurseHoosier Home Health, a locally owned agency, is seeking RN/LPNs to provide nursing care for our patients. As a Team member with Hoosier Home Health, you will be part of one of the fastest growing segments in the healthcare industry, with a company...
General House Cleaning NeededHouse cleaning needed every two weeks. References required. Please leave message with name and phone number @ 812 875-2603.