Hundreds honor Indiana soldier killed in Afghanistan attackAP — Hundreds of people lined streets in the Indiana hometown of a soldier killed during a suicide bombing attack in Afghanistan as his body was taken from the city’s airport to a funeral home....
Olive Branch Baptist to host illusionist David CornThis weekend, Olive Branch Baptist Church in Linton will host traveling evangelist and illusionist David Corn. Corn, who was a classmate of Olive Branch Pastor Dan Kemp’s children, Phaith Muma and...
Ninth annual Mayor’s Ride aims to maintain parkThe ninth annual Jasonville Mayor’s Ride will be getting an early start this coming Saturday. According to Jasonville Council member Kelly Portteus, registration for the annual fundraiser will take...
- Community Notes
- County prepares for 2018 budget cycle (8/22/17)
- Locals check out eclipse near and far (8/21/17)
- Four Greene County libraries celebrating innovation ‘Outside the Lines’ (8/21/17)
- Dotson pleads guilty to aggravated battery (8/21/17)
- West Nile confirmed in Greene County (8/21/17)
- Updates released on Friday robbery (8/19/17)
- Greene County’s humble heroes (8/18/17)
- UPDATE: Linton Bloombank robbed (8/18/17)3
- Greene Gab Episode 45 (8/18/17)
James A. “Keith” SullivanJames A. “Keith” Sullivan, age 46, passed away Monday, August 21, 2017. Visitation will be held at Welch & Cornett Funeral Home in Linton Saturday, August 26, 2017 from 1 p.m. until the time of...
Imogene LaughlinImogene R. Laughlin, 93, of Odon, went to Heaven peacefully, surrounded by her family, on Monday, Aug. 21, 2017 in Odon. She was born on Nov. 23, 1923 in Daviess County to Thomas and Rebecca (Wilkey)...
Monie SmithMonie Smith, 81, formally of Dugger, passed away on Sunday, Aug. 20, 2017 at Glenburn Nursing Home in Linton. Monie was born on Aug. 7, 1936 in Sullivan County to James Albert Smith and Ruth (Hubble)...
Scott Richard RyanScott Richard Ryan, 61, formally of Odon, passed away on Aug. 16, 2017 at Crown Bay Nursing Home in Alameda, Calif. He was born in Berkley, Calif. on Nov. 12, 1955 to Norman and Gloria Ryan....
Linton Police Department activity log (8/23/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 16 incidents for service Friday, including one animal complaint, one assist to other departments, one assist to the public, one drug, two extra patrols, two...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (8/23/17)Kevin Lee Corns, 32, Washington, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear. Bond set at $150. Henry Wayne Townsend, 35, Plainfield, was arrested on a preliminary charge of battery. Bond set at...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (8/22/17)John Richard Lloyd, 44, Freedom, was arrested on a warrant for invasion of privacy. Bond set at $5,000 with 10 percent allowed. Amy Renee Outland, 41, Indianapolis, was arrested on a preliminary...
Larry Vandeventer39 + 94 = 133 ... Aaarrgh
By Billy HollandAre we a spectator or a participator?
Ask a Greene GardenerRidding garden of Japanese Beetles
Nicole StahlBidders must pre-register for tax sale
Brenda HancockSpring issue of Generations Magazine is out
Donna KluesnerMarsh Madness artist Marty Jones opens Friday at Carnegie1
Legislation could ‘pit teacher against teacher’ (8/18/17)School boards across the state have changed the way a Teacher Appreciation Grant (TAG) will be distributed at the end of the year. For better or worse, due to this being a requirement at the state...
There’s still time to provide input on Vote Center Plan (8/16/17)Voters have until the end of the week to provide their input on a plan which could change the way Greene Countians vote. Last month, Greene County Clerk Susan Fowler and Voter Registration Clerk...
- Eastern pulls off some long rallies to sweep Lady Wolverines in volleyballLITTLE CINCINNATI -- The sets proved to be close Tuesday night, but long rallies enabled host Eastern to sweep White River Valley . The Lady Thunderbirds (2-4 overall) won their first Southwest Indiana Athletic Conference game of 2017, beating WRV (1-4, 0-1) 25-21, 25-22, 25-20. Eastern coach Whitney noted WRV swept Eastern 25-15, 18-25, 15-10 Saturday in the Eastern Round Robin, and that match gave her a chance to make some defensive adjustments against WRV...
- Thunderbirds must tighten D, get quick start against North Knox
- Miners, Arrows to meet on gridiron for the 100th time
- Restaurant owners, golf coach witness golf on one of its biggest stages (8/22/17)
- Lady Miners grind out tough win over Loogootee (8/22/17)
- Wolverines battle Patriots to scoreless deadlock (8/22/17)
- Cougar netters sweep Wolverines (8/22/17)
- Thunderbird harriers finish fourth, Ford sixth, at Bedford Invitational (8/22/17)
Community NotesFriday, August 25 A community fish fry sponsored by Concord General Baptist Church will be held starting at 6:30 p.m. The fish fry will be held at the Odd Fellows Lodge on SR 157 N. Free will donations accepted. Olive Branch Baptist Church is hosting a “Magic Show” with illusionist David Corn from 7-8:30 p.m. ...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
City Real Estate
House for SaleThree bedroom, 1.5 bath, house for sale (no contracts). Nice town lot, with lots of mature trees in the backyard, and still plenty of room for a garden. New windows, new roof, new half bath upstairs, and remodeled full bath downstairs 5 years ago....