Frightmares Haunted House scares and caresLocated in Linton, Frightmares Haunted House has been bringing Halloween fun to Greene County for the past 5 years. This coming weekend will be the opening weekend for the haunted attraction, kicking...
Worthington accident prompts local man1A Worthington father is trying to raise funds after his four year old son was reportedly injured during the town-wide yard sales on Sept. 2. Steve Fritz told the Greene County Daily World Bowen Fritz...
- Community Notes
- Community Notes (9/27/16)
- Red Kettle donations help Greene County all year (9/27/16)
- Superior Court requests funds to pay prospective jurors (9/27/16)
- WRV Elementary works on improving school (9/27/16)
- Linton’s Fall Arts Festival 2016 (9/26/16)
- Dugger Lions Club Fall Festival schedule (9/26/16)
- Dugger Coal Festival schedule (9/26/16)
- Bloomfield resident wins prize at Quilt Expo (9/26/16)
- Lyons Volunteer Fire Department receives Farm Credit gift (9/26/16)
E. Louise VierlingE. Louise Vierling, 94, of Seymour, Ind. passed away on Tuesday, Sept. 27, 2016 at 5:55 a.m. in Schneck Medical Center in Seymour. Louise was born on Sept. 30, 1921 in Bartholomew County, Ind, the...
Ursula Waltraut FullerUrsula Waltraut Fuller, 85, of Bloomfield, passed away at 7:50 a.m. on Tuesday, September 27, at Ketcham Memorial Center in Odon. Born October 21, 1930 in Germany to Walter and Gertrude (Frommhold)...
Michael Allen BarnesMichael Allen Barnes, 65, of Crane, passed away Monday September 26, at IU Health Bloomington Hospital. Born April 10, 1951 in Terre Haute, Indiana the son of Donald L. Barnes and Dorotha May...
Sue Hosteter BaffoeSue Hosteter Baffoe, 76, of Greenwood, formerly of Bloomfield, passed away on Sunday, September 25, at Community Hospital South in Greenwood. Born in Bloomfield on July 22, 1940, Sue was the daughter...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (9/27/16)Mark Andrew Irons, 25, Jasonville, was arrested on a warrant for petition to revoke suspended. Bond is set at $20,000. Dominic Giovanni Dpoffo, 19, Switz City, was arrested on preliminary charges of...
Linton Police Department activity log (9/27/16)The Linton Police Department responded to 15 incidents for service Tuesday, including one property damage accident, two animal complaints, two assists to other departments, five assists to the...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (9/26/16)Charles Alan Rentschler, 38, Solsberry, was arrested on a warrant for petition to revoke suspended. No bond is set. Melissa Magness, 36, Bloomington, was arrested on preliminary charges of warrant...
Andrew ChristmanYou've got a friend in me
Kelly SlavenHere's to you, Greene County
By Patti DannerAn evening in very, very good company1
Jon SwabyIts always an adventure on the river
Grant KarazsiaBook 2 Part 1: Peering darkly through the mirror
By Heidi PuckettMy cup runneth over with Miner Pride1
Mallory RickbeilEnd of the Season Feelings
Cheryl HamiltonChamber meeting to be held at Yo Delicious next month
By Billie HollandDestiny awaits those who will persevere
REMC Employees and RepresentativesCaution: strong undercurrent ahead
Larry VandeventerEnglish is a crazy language
Donna Kluesner‘People and Their Cars’: A Monocromatic View1
Our Opinion: Torch Relay showcased county assets, community involvement (9/24/16)Wednesday brought an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to Greene County, and we could not be more proud to be a part of such an active and involved community. Greene County was a part of the statewide...
Our Opinion: Even small gestures can make a difference (9/23/16)What constitutes making a difference? It does not have to mean raking in money or bringing jobs to the area. Those objectives are important, but what about the “little guy” who often does good deeds...
- Lady Miners drop another four-setterA fine season for the Sullivan Lady Arrows got just a little bit finer Tuesday at Linton. And the Linton-Stockton Lady Miners continued a season-long trend of starting strong but failing to sustain the momentum the rest of the way. The Lady Miners came out on fire and hustling, running away with the first set 25-13. The Lady Arrows played like the 20-3 team they are the rest of the match, coming away with a 13-25, 25-12, 25-14, 25-10 win over their Greene County rivals...
- Eastern squares off against Wildcats on Alumni Night (9/27/16)
- Lady Patriots give Shakamak painful experience in volleyball (9/27/16)
- Resurgent Warriors staging an uprising (9/27/16)
- Eastern gets a big kick out of the North Central victory (9/27/16)
- The Meurers: Like Father, Like Son (9/26/16)1
- T-Birds can’t quite match Stars’ power (9/26/16)
- Bloomfield overcomes poor passing, serve receive to sweep South Knox (9/26/16)
Community NotesWednesday, September 28 Greene County Coin Club will meet at the Bloomfield Community Building. Dealers will set up at 6 p.m. and meeting starts at 7 p.m. The Eastern branch of the Eastern Greene-Bloomfield Library will host Preschool Story Time (ages three to six years) at 10:15 a.m. The theme is apples and pumpkins...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Used Toyota Avalon for Sale2009 Toyota Avalon Dark grey exterior, light grey heated & cooled power leather seats with driver memory for 2. Automatic light & windshield wiper sensors. Push button start. 6 CD changer. Large back seat & trunk. Power rear...
Garage Sale3 Family Garage Sale Friday Sept 23rd and Saturday 24th 621 Forest Dr Bloomfield IN Furniture, Clothes, Large Hallmark Ornament Collection, lots of holiday decorations. Lots of Misc to much to list. No Early Sales
Knife Posters in Wood Frames12 Knife Posters in Wood Frames under Glass $100.00 or make offer on set. 9 Bullet Knife; 2 Stren Angler; 1 United Cutlery 812-875-8181 leave message for call back. Can be seen in Worthington Hwy 67 at corner or Dayton and Ohio Street -- Sat....
- UPDATED: Worthington man accused of sending sexually explicit images to teen
- A humble man from Linton changes the world
- Ordinance imposes fine for grass clippings in street
- New traffic pattern to be deployed at SR 54/57 intersection near Switz City
- UPDATED WITH VIDEO: Bicentennial Torch Relay in Greene County