Local author launches Kickstarter
People who 'CARE' take Plunge in JasonvilleParticipants--and spectators--got wet at CAnine REscue, Inc.'s (CARE) first annual Polar Plunge. In spite of the rainy weather, a large crowd gathered outside the Jasonville Fire Department at 1 p.m. this Saturday to watch a banana, a Dalmatian, the President of the United States and a man in a bikini bra jump into a large pool full of chilly water...
National Weather Service issues flood watch warning for Greene County, surrounding countiesThe National Weather Service has issued the following alert concerning flooding in the Greene County area and other parts of the state: FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM EST SUNDAY... THE FLOOD WATCH CONTINUES FOR PORTIONS OF CENTRAL INDIANA, EAST CENTRAL INDIANA, SOUTH CENTRAL INDIANA, SOUTHEAST INDIANA, SOUTHWEST INDIANA, AND WEST CENTRAL INDIANA, INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING AREAS, IN CENTRAL INDIANA, BARTHOLOMEW, BOONE, CLINTON, DECATUR, HAMILTON, HANCOCK, HENDRICKS, HOWARD, JOHNSON, MADISON, MARION, MORGAN, RUSH, SHELBY, AND TIPTON. ...
- Local author launches Kickstarter (2/24/18)
- People who 'CARE' take Plunge in Jasonville (2/24/18)1
- Linton Police Department Activity Log (2/23/18)
- Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (2/23/18)
- Shining a light on our youth (2/23/18)
- Greene Gab Ep. 68 (2/23/18)
- Our Opinion: A few voices can spark big change (2/23/18)4
- GCDW Pet of the Week (2/23/18)
- Community Notes (2/22/18)
- Eastern Greene fourth graders give a whoop about cranes (2/22/18)
Shane Michael HadleyShane Michael Hadley, age 35, of Linton, passed away peacefully at 10:56 a.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 21, 2018, in Robinson, Ill. He was born in Linton on March 11, 1982, the son of Don R. Hadley and...
Diana Lynn (Floyd) HamiltonDiana Lynn (Floyd) Hamilton, 70, of Linton, passed away at 12:50 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 23, 2018 at IU Health Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis. Born November 3, 1947 in Linton, she was the daughter...
Jerry F. RussellJerry F. Russell, age 77, of Linton, passed away peacefully at 3:12 a.m. on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2018, at his residence. He was born in Linton on July 18, 1940, the son of Kenneth Russell and Alma...
Dallas Eugene MazeDallas Eugene Maze, 76, of Bedford, passed away Sunday, Feb. 18, 2018, at Bell Trace Rehabilitation Center in Bloomington. Born May 26, 1941 in Lawrence County, he was the son of Lawrence and Minnie...
Linton Police Department Activity Log (2/23/18)The Linton Police Department responded to 18 incidents and calls for service Thursday, including two alarms, two assists to other departments, one battery, nine fingerprintings, one missing person,...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (2/23/18)Braylin Lee Cullison, 27, Linton, was arrested on a warrant for Level 6 felony forgery and Class A misdemeanor theft. No bond set. Tabitha Jo Branam, 29, Bloomfield, was arrested on a warrant for...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (2/22/18)Nathaniel Longfellow McCloud, 42, Paoli, was arrested on a warrant for Class A misdemeanor operating while intoxicated and a writ of attachment. No bond set. David Aaron Butche, 26, Solsberry, was...
Court News (2/22/18)CRIMINAL CASES Olivia K. Robison, 26, Linton, Level 6 felony possession of methamphetamine Ashley McKee, 35, Jasonville, Level 6 felony neglect of a dependent Daniel P. Benston, 29, Jasper, Class C misdemeanor reckless driving Anthony Joe Lewis, 35, Linton, Class A misdemeanor domestic battery; Class B misdemeanor criminal mischief...
Sabrina StockrahmA kind word never hurts
By Patti Danner100 things to do when you’re bored
Andrew BowenArea teams delivered magnificent performances in sectional
Kristen InmanFrequent thoughts: How did I end up here?
Chris PruettStudents showcase power of prayer
Terry SchwinghammerIt’s Holiday Tournament Season
- Vikings pull away in third to beat BloomfieldMONTGOMERY -- Bid time return, play the third quarter again, and maybe Bloomfield would beat Barr-Reeve Following a seesaw second quarter Friday night, the Cardinals (14-9) led 20-19 at halftime. Barr-Reeve (19-4) reeled off a 13-2 run to begin the third quarter, taking a 32-22 lead with about five minutes left in the frame, and the Cards would never get closer than five in the fourth stanza...
- Arrows shoot down Miners in season finale (2/23/18)
- Mustangs rally in second half to overtake T-Birds in finale (2/23/18)
- Patriots explode early to ruin WRV’s Senior Night 53-30 (2/23/18)1
- Weekend Prep Roundball previews (2/21/18)
- Miners vanquish Vikings 76-41 (2/20/18)
- WRV to honor athletes from teams in early ‘90’s (2/20/18)
- Hamilton will take the gridiron for the Sycamores (2/19/18)
Community NotesFriday, February 23 The Lively Ladies program will meet at 1 p.m. at the Linton Public Library. and is primarily for ladies of retirement age. Participants can enjoy a wide variety of guest speakers, some light refreshments, and a fun time to relax. Programs and subject matter vary each month...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Australian Shepherd Mix Puppies14 weeks old. Farm raised. Good with cats, dogs, chickens, ducks, and children. Beginning potty training, hardly any accidents anymore. Some know how to sit and fewer know how to lay down :-) Approved homes only.
SCIS Security Officer PositonJOIN THE SECURITY INDUSTRY LEADER! Securitas Critical Infrastructure Services, Inc. (SCIS) Security Officers Advancement Opportunities SCIS (formerly Pinkerton Government Services) License, the nation’s only Specialty Services Company...