WRV FCCLA students fare very well at state competitionA group of students from WRV High School Family, Careers and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA), sponsored by WRV Family and Consumer Science teacher Betsy Misner, competed in a state leadership conference. Misner said the group had a wonderful time at the conference and congratulated several students for their wins. ...
WRV students raise over $10,000 at Saturday dance marathonA group of compassionate students at White River Valley High School got together on Saturday, March 17, to hold the school’s annual WRV Riley Dance Marathon to benefit the Riley Hospital Children’s Foundation, successfully raising $10,599.71. Students in several grades at WRV participated, some dancing, some painting faces and others manning tables heaped with goods for purchase, all done in the name of love...
Shakamak Elementary School Honor RollThird nine weeks Grade 1 Top Honors Veda Barton Byntley Blanton Brynlee Drogich Ethan Estey Malaia Fulford Blayze Husband Walker Jeffrey Eli Keller Taylin Kennett Kasen Kramer Preslee Kramer Coalton Miller Jace Miller Tayton Moss Koye Netherlain Andie Pointer...
- WRV FCCLA students fare very well at state competition (3/19/18)
- Community Notes (3/19/18)
- Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (3/19/18)
- Shakamak Elementary School Honor Roll (3/19/18)
- Linton-Stockton Elementary Honor Roll (3/19/18)
- Shakamak after school program hosts community meal to celebrate gardens (3/18/18)
- UPDATED: Greene County man found dead in Knox County coal mine (3/16/18)
- WRV teacher makes literature a reason to party (3/16/18)
- WRV Board honors students, announces upcoming GC Safety Commission meeting (3/16/18)
- Several projects lined up for Linton (3/16/18)
Erma J. RogersErma J. Rogers, age 89, of Linton, formerly of Tempe, Ariz, Carlisle and Paxton, passed away at 5:35 p.m. on Sunday, March 18, 2018, at Terre Haute Regional Hospital. She was born in Paxton on Sept....
Jason Michael WilliamsJason Michael Williams, 34, of Bloomfield passed away Friday, March 16, 2018. Born Sept. 22, 1983 in Linton, the son of Charles Williams and Glenda (Patton) Wells. Jason worked at Sunrise LLC Coal...
Denise E. IrbyDenise E. Irby, 56, of Linton, passed from this life in Terre Haute on Thursday, March 15, 2018. She was born on Nov. 4, 1961 in Lakeland, Fla. to Forest Leroy and Darlene Joyce (Enochs) Spencer....
Pamela “Pam” KellerPamela “Pam” Keller, 75, of Jasonville, passed away at 11:10 a.m. Sunday, March 18, 2018 in her residence. She was born Aug. 8, 1942 in Plymouth, England to Frances George Phillips and Kathleen Ivy...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (3/19/18)Christopher Levi Clouse, 36, Bloomington, was arrested on a writ of attachment. He was required to pay $1,200. Lindsey May Bryant, 26, Solsberry, was arrested on a warrant for Class A misdemeanor...
Linton Police Department Activity Log (3/16/18)The Linton Police Department responded to 13 incidents and calls for service Thursday, including one interview, one suspicious person/vehicle, one theft, two title checks, seven traffic stops and one...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Activity Log (3/16/18)The Greene County Sheriff’s Department responded to 91 incidents and calls for service from March 12-18, including three property damage accidents, one personal injury accident, one bank, eight...
Court News (3/13/18)CRIMINAL CASES Daniele M. Daniel, 27, Princeton, Class C misdemeanor reckless driving Jeffery A. Smith Jr, 34, Linton, Level 6 felony resisting law enforcement; Level 6 felony criminal recklessness committed with a deadly weapon; Class C misdemeanor operating a motor vehicle without ever receiving a license...
Terry SchwinghammerElks Hoop Shoot gives fans an early glimpse of possible future stars
Kristen InmanI opened a portal to Hell in my kitchen
Andrew BowenTindley stops Greene County team for second year in a row1
Sabrina StockrahmParenthood has changed how we plan outings
Chris PruettMiners have now become the hunted, not hunters5
By Patti Danner100 things to do when you’re bored
By Billy HollandFear not, for God is with you
Larry VandeventerDr. Spock didn’t prepare me for this
Savannah Boone Community BloggerDown but not out
Nicole StahlLinton bank will also collect tax payments
Brenda HancockAre you over 55 and looking for something to do?
Ask a Greene GardenerIs Master Gardener Program a good fit for you?
Our Opinion: Marsh Madness to showcase local asset (3/2/18)Greene County is full of beautiful treasures hidden among its vast terrain, and this weekend will showcase one of the many. As you drive south on State Road 59 from Linton to Sandborn, you can’t miss...
A few voices can spark big change (2/22/18)The next time you begin to think a few voices among the masses cannot make a difference, stop and consider the progress made by members of Utilities District of Western Indiana REMC. In recent years,...
- Hamilton to play in annual North/South All-Star gameThe honors just keep rolling in for Caleb Hamilton. The Indiana Football Coaches Association picked Hamilton, a senior at Eastern-Greene High School, as one of the players to take the field for the South during the annual North/South All-Star Game. It will be played at 7:30 p.m. ...
- Daily World names All-County girls basketball team (3/15/18)
- Jared Franklin finishes third in Elks Hoop Shoot (3/14/18)
- All-SWIAC players honored at banquet (3/13/18)
- Linton-Stockton High School basketball banquet (3/13/18)
- Cardinals comeback comes up short (3/10/18)
- Reynolds places first in archery competition at Kokomo (3/8/18)
- Cards expect tough fight against three-headed Tindley (3/8/18)1
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Computers & Office Equip.
New SIB Acer Aspire NetbookBrand New ended up buying a tablet which cost me more than laptop. Couldn't find receipt so I can't return. 812-648-2470
New Vera Bradley Purse w/ Wallet Co!or PlumPurse is Faux Leather new never used. Call 812-648-2470.