Pet of the Week 10-29Named Boo for his unique back-story, the black Bombay cat was officially euthanized at a shelter in Bedford in 2011, according to information obtained through his identifying microchip. However, Boo...
Linton dining business goes full circleAlthough the Parkview Diner of Linton is a memory now, the previous owners have passed the torch on to a new owner for the sake of new business. Carrie and Mark Taylor said they operated the Parkview...
- Community Notes
- GCSWM continues upward trend (10/27/16)1
- Meet the Disney Princesses Saturday (10/27/16)
- Shelburn woman facing charges after allegedly striking construction worker (10/27/16)1
- Election Preview: Incumbents aiming for another term on County Council (10/26/16)
- Come and learn about fall pest invaders (10/26/16)
- Federal funding released to help families in Indiana with heating and cooling costs (10/26/16)
- Community Notes (10/26/16)
- Local woman finds strength in volunteering (10/25/16)
- Pet costume contest coming to Humphrey’s Park (10/25/16)
Mary Ruth WoodsMary Ruth Woods, 88, of Jasonville, passed away at 7:35 a.m. Thursday, October 27, at Signature Health Care in Terre Haute. She was born March 27, 1928 in Howesville, to Verlin Miller and Fannie...
William PickettWilliam J. ‘Bill’ Pickett, 79, of Newberry passed away surrounded by family in Linton on Tuesday, Oct. 25. He was born in Greene County on Dec. 24, 1936 to Wilson and Louise (Sensney) Pickett. He...
Gary FranklinGary “Fudd” W. Franklin, age 62, of Linton, passed away peacefully on Tuesday, Oct. 25 at his brother and sister-in-law’s residence, Brad and Liane Franklin. He was born in Louisville, Ky, on Jan....
Deloris M. Mayfield-StuppyDeloris M. Mayfield-Stuppy Deloris M. Mayfield-Stuppy, 88, of Linton, Ind., went to Heaven on Monday, Oct. 24, 2016, surrounded by her loved ones at Glenburn Nursing Home in Linton. She was born on...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (10/26/16)Andrew Scott Shelton, 38, Lyons, was arrested on a warrant for petition to revoke suspended. No bond is set. Kage Ryan Grove Fougerousse, 21, Jasonville, was arrested on a warrant for petition to...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (10/25/16)Duane Daugherty, Jr., 43, Linton, was arrested on preliminary charges of criminal recklessness. Bond is set at $500.
Linton Police Department activity log (10/24/16)The Linton Police Department responded to 38 incidents for service Friday to Monday, including two property damage accidents, one animal complaint, six assists to the public, two child custodies, one...
Court News (10/24/16)CRIMINAL CASES Franklin Hall, Jr., 36, Oaktown, two counts Level 5 child seduction, Class B misdemeanor possession of marijuana, Class C misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia Dustin Lambert, 29, Bloomington, Class A misdemeanor theft, Level 6 Felony theft, Class A misdemeanor criminal trespass, Class C misdemeanor use of private land without consent...
REMC Employees and RepresentativesStart your engines!
By Billie HollandSTAY FOCUSED -THERE IS MUCH WORK TO DO
Larry VandeventerI see tinfoil and that is a good thing
Cheryl HamiltonNext Chamber meeting at YoDelicious
Donna KluesnerDot and Eugene: A solo exhibition
Ask a Greene GardenerEliminating squash bugs in the garden
Our Opinion: Affordable, safe housing is necessity (10/24/16)The Linton City Council recently started an important conversation: Maintaining affordable housing availability while also keeping its residents safe. An ongoing discussion about implementing a...
Our Opinion: It’s up to you to make a difference (10/17/16)With the deadline to register to vote in Indiana passing on Tuesday and the election looming in under four weeks, we would like to remind everybody if you’re registered to vote, it’s your duty to...
- Miners and Warriors meet again Friday (10/26/16)
- Lady Miners postseason journey ends in Evansville (10/25/16)
- Union demolishes Martin County to end 2016 campaign (10/25/16)
- Eastern braces for powerful Cougar running attack (10/25/16)
- Howard turns in best game of year in sectional (10/25/16)
- Lady Miner volleyballers set sights on regional (10/24/16)
- County runners didn’t qualify for state finals (10/23/16)
Community NotesFriday October 28 John Davidson will hold a fish fry at Parkview Village Christian Care from 5p.m.-8p.m. Call 812-636-3000 for more information. White River Valley Junior class is selling Buckets for Benefits Laundry detergent 5 gallon buckets and pods, fabric softner, dryer sheets, scent boosters, dishwasher pods, liquid dish soap, shampoo, conditioner, Women’s and Men’s body wash. Please contact a junior or the school offices to order. Orders are being taken until Oct. 28...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Price Reduced --Halloween Costumes -- Adult Size812-875-8181 Worthington Price reduced from $10.00 to Mindstein -- $5.00 Alien -- $5.00 Cow -- $5.00
Price Reduced -- Halloween Costumes -- Adult SizeWorthington 812-875-8181 Winged Reaper $10 Ghost Face $10 Ninja Turtle $7
Priced Reduced -- Halloween Costumes -- Adult SizeWorthington 812-875-8181 Moonshine XXX -- $12.00 Beer Keg -- $12.00 Red Cape with black cover -- face mask black $5.00