It takes a village to raise a ThunderbirdOn Saturday, May 26, 81 Eastern Greene Thunderbirds left the security of the high school nest to fly bravely into the future. Friends and family packed the EGHS gymnasium as Eastern Greene faculty members filed in, taking their places at the ends of each row of students as if to protect and guide them one last time. ...
WRV grad overcomes health obstaclesWhite River Valley High School held its 27th commencement exercises Friday evening, sending 64 fresh-faced graduates off into their respective futures. One graduate, Lacey Fisher, faced enormous difficulties, and overcame them all with a little help from the WRV family on her way to earning her high school diploma.
Battles didn’t stop Brown from succeedingAfter 87 graduates walked across the stage at Linton-Stockton School Corporation Saturday, one student recounted the battle he has fought in order to make it to the gym, surrounded by his peers. Linton-Stockton students celebrated their commencement ceremony Saturday at the High School Gym...
- It takes a village to raise a Thunderbird (5/26/18)
- WRV grad overcomes health obstacles (5/26/18)
- Battles didn’t stop Brown from succeeding (5/26/18)1
- WRV Schools attain RAMP status (5/25/18)
- Decorating City Hall (5/25/18)
- Man who lied about age pleads guilty (5/25/18)
- LSSC Cafeteria worker ‘hangs up hairnet’ after nearly 50 years (5/25/18)2
- GCDW Pet of the Week (5/25/18)
- Memorial Day should be day of showing appreciation (5/25/18)
- Our Opinion: Memorial Day should be day of showing appreciation (5/25/18)
Virginia ‘Gini’ McKeeVirginia ‘Gini’ McKee, 83, of Linton, entered into eternal rest on Wednesday, May 23, 2018. She was a member of the Saint Peter Catholic Church, Saint Ann’s Altar Society and American Legion Post #22...
Helen Marie FergusonHelen Marie (Potter) Ferguson, age 96, of Indianapolis, formerly of Linton, passed away at 3:55 a.m. Tues., May 22, 2018, at Washington Health Care in Indianapolis. She was born May 13, 1922, the...
Vonda WiseVonda Lou (Long) Wise, 67, of Newberry, went to Heaven peacefully surrounded by her loved ones on Monday, May 21, 2018 at her residence. She was born on June 29, 1950 in Daviess County to Harden and...
Barbara Lee AndersonBarbara Lee Anderson, 85, of Freelandville, passed peacefully into the arms of Jesus at 8:50 p.m., Sunday, May 20, 2018 with her loved ones by her side at Freelandville Community Home. Barbara was...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (5/23/18)Paul Aidan Jones, 26, Dugger, was arrested on a preliminary charge of being a habitual traffic offender. Bond set at $4,000. Timothy Lee Vilbrandt, 38, Jasonville, was arrested on a preliminary...
Linton Police Department Activity Log (5/23/18)The Linton Police Department responded to 17 incidents and calls for service May 22, including one property damage accident, one animal complaint, two assists to other departments, one battery, one...
Greene County Sheriff's Department Activity Log (5/22/18)The Greene County Sheriff’s department responded to 53 incidents and calls for service May 18 through May 20, including one abandoned vehicle, three property damage accidents, one personal injury...
Kristen InmanYou deserve to be here
Chris PruettStop and smell the roses
Andrew BowenThe importance of being devoted, corrections, and humor on a softball field
Terry SchwinghammerShakamak at Linton Saturday: Enough said.
Sabrina StockrahmRemembering our 2017 Shining Star
By Patti DannerBack to the land of lattes and weed
Larry VandeventerPerks of being in ministry and public education
By Billy HollandNothing can be done without hope and confidence
Nicole StahlTreasurer’s office working to address concerns, suggestions
Brenda HancockTips for dealing with forgetfulness
Savannah Boone Community BloggerDown but not out
Ask a Greene GardenerIs Master Gardener Program a good fit for you?
- Miners knock off South Knox, advance to sectional semifinalThe Linton-Stockton Miners successfully navigated the first step in their journey toward a sectional title. The Miners (20-8) conquered the South Knox Spartans (13-9) for the second time this season, winning 13-1 in six innings in the opening round of Class 2A Sectional 47 late Wednesday at Huntingburg...
- No county athlete makes it out of boys regional (5/25/18)
- Another comeback, another sectional title for Lady Miners (5/24/18)
- Shakamak opens sectional with 9-0 win over Eels (5/24/18)
- North Central edges WRV 2-1 in eight innings (5/24/18)
- Wilson wins high jump to make third state meet (5/23/18)
- LadyBirds use fiery pitching, big sixth to rout Shakamak 13-1 (5/23/18)
- Lady Eels jolt WRV to make championship game (5/23/18)
Community NotesFriday, May 25 Today kicks off the summer reading program registration at Bloomfield-Eastern Greene Public Library for teens and children. For teens entering grades 7-12. The program lasts 11 weeks. Register in the teen room. The children’s program encourages youth to stop by one of the libraries to get a reading log. Mark off how many minutes you’ve read. Register until Aug. 8...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Pet sitterAre you wanting to go on vacation or need to go out of town and cant take your pet with you? Then I have your answer. I can come stay at your home and care for your fur babies so there is no disruption to them or high cost of boarding. I have...
Computers & Office Equip.
New SIB Acer Aspire NetbookLaptop was bought and later decided I wanted something that would fit in my purse. Bought a tablet instead.Couldn't find receipt so can't return.Still in the box Brand New.
Minature YorkieMini Female Yorkie. Born Nov 2017, Weighs 2 lbs and will stay tiny. Sophia is sweet, adorable, spunky and loves to cuddle. She can go potty outside and/or on training pads. Needs to be with a family who doesnt have to leave her all day and...