Pet of the Week 3-25Max is a Sharpei/Shepard mix who arrived to the shelter on March 4 as an owner surrender. He is approximately 4-5 years old, fully-vetted and would do better in a home with someone who is patient or...
Fire damages 400 acres near JasonvilleLinton Fire Chief Brad Sparks said "someone lit a field a on fire" on Tuesday afternoon in rural Jasonville, though the fire spread out of control and around a nearby home likely due to recent dry...
Friends of the Linton Library active once again: Collecting books for babies born at GCGHLocal libraries have always needed ‘friends’ in order to properly function, according to the official website of the American Library Association. “In fact, across America many public libraries were...
- Commissioners approve added cameras in courthouse (3/22/17)
- Weimer, Carpenter seeking District 2 seat on UDWI REMC board (3/22/17)2
- GCGH Foundation considers February fundraiser a success (3/22/17)
- Williams woman arrested on perjury charges (3/21/17)1
- Knust, Burger seeking District 1 seat on UDWI REMC board (3/21/17)6
- Vote at UDWI REMC annual meeting (3/21/17)12
- Eastern Greene School Board accepts partial settlements from litigants (3/20/17)
- Linton teachers ‘step up to the plate’ (3/20/17)
- WRV Board approves of purchasing new bus (3/20/17)4
- Community Notes (3/17/17)
Alvis Buel ShacklettAlvis Buel Shacklett, 76, passed away Saturday, March 18, 2017 in Sullivan, Ind. Alvis was born Aug. 3 1940 to Opal Mary (Yergar) Shacklett and Alton Brooks Shacklett. He was survived by his...
Melissa Ann (Taylor) GardnerMelissa Ann (Taylor) Gardner, age 46, of Linton, passed away peacefully at 10:30 AM on Monday, March 20, 2017, at Union Hospital in Terre Haute. She was born in Bloomington, Indiana on July 7, 1970,...
Norman GoodmanNorman “Lane” Goodman, 80, of Linton, passed away peacefully on Saturday, March 18 at the Union Hospital in Terre Haute. Lane was born in Greene County on Dec. 31, 1936. He was lovingly raised by Kid...
Don FieldsDon Fields, age 85, passed away March 19, 2017. Don is survived by his daughters, Becky Kalthoff (John) and Debi Alexander (Jim) and grandchildren Andrew John Fields Kalthoff, Sarah Ellen Fields...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (3/23/17)Brandy Nycole Owen, 24, Bloomfield, was arrested on a warrant for possession of marijuana. No bond is set. Jack Farmer, Jr., 37, Bloomington, was arrested on a warrant for possession of marijuana....
Linton Police Department activity log (3/23/17)The Linton Police Department responded to eight incidents for service Thursday, including one domestic dispute, one title check, four traffic stops, one trash and one warrant service.
Linton Police Department activity log (3/22/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 16 incidents for service Wednesday, including one property damage accident, one animal complaint, one battery, three domestic disputes, two harassments, one...
Court News (3/20/17)Criminal cases Erica Lemmons, 25, Bloomfield, Class A misdemeanor theft, Level 6 felony theft prior conviction Amy Crane, 38, Worthington, Class A misdemeanor assisting a criminal Randy Miller, 33, Linton, Class A misdemeanor criminal trespass Rex Smith, 30, Freedom, Class A misdemeanor driving while suspended...
Kelly SlavenMarch is disability awareness month
Jon SwabyLooking for a friend named Josh
Andrew ChristmanIn memory of a loving family friend1
Sabrina StockrahmFormer Linton man curious about piece of history
Terry SchwinghammerA look back at basketball season
Grant KarazsiaThe art of letting go
Brenda HancockMeals on Wheels needs your help
Larry VandeventerAbe didn’t have it so tough
By Billy HollandDarkness cannot overcome the light of God’s presence
Donna KluesnerMarsh Madness artist Marty Jones opens Friday at Carnegie
Cheryl HamiltonChamber learns about state agriculture
REMC Employees and RepresentativesDon’t forget to check your shoe
County sports tradition could be in danger of becoming obsolete (3/13/17)One of Greene County’s best sports traditions is in danger of becoming a thing of the past after 47 seasons. The Greene County Daily World has learned the annual Greene County Invitational may not...
Local organizations can help (2/27/17)Local organizations can help those in need It’s no secret Greene County has a lot of people struggling to get by. According to www.stats.indiana.edu, Greene County has an estimated poverty rate of...
- Lady Miners pulverize Shoals to win first softball gameLINTON -- The Lady Miners softball team pounded visiting Shoals into the Lady Pebbles 22-2 Wednesday evening. They needed only 4 1/2 innings to even their record at 1-1, scoring runs in every inning. Linton recorded only two runs in the first and three in the second, but exploded for eight in the third and nine in the fourth. Pitchers Ashlyn Ferree and Peyton Bland combined to limit the Lady Jug Rox to four hits...
- Jasper blanks Linton in season opener (3/22/17)
- Area coaches eagerly anticipate upcoming baseball season (3/22/17)
- Area coaches express optimism about upcoming softball season (3/20/17)
- Carmichael leads Wolfpack to Richmond semistate (3/17/17)
- Buddy Davis transitioning seamlessly to college life (3/17/17)
- Shakamak’s Bredeweg will continue to blaze her trail at VU (3/16/17)
- Schools honor All-SWIAC players at banquet (3/14/17)
Community NotesTuesday, March 21 The Greene County Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) program will have an informational meeting at the Linton Goosepond Pizza at 6 p.m. Wednesday, March 22 Linton Public Library hosts Beginning Computer Classes – Mondays and Wednesdays, March 20, 22, 27 and 29 at 3 p.m. Space is limited. Bro. Ron Williams will be preaching at Blessed Hope Baptist Church on Wednesday March 22nd at 7 p.m. Blessed Hope Baptist Church is located ¼ mile south of Jasonville, IN on SR 59.
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield