Support needed for CEO programThe steering committee working to implement the Creating Entrepreneurial Opportunities (CEO) program in Greene County is inviting individuals to its next meeting to garner more interest. The CEO program is facilitated by Midland Institute and has a goal of giving students an environment to get first-hand experience in the business community. ...
GCDW Pet of the WeekOur Pet of the Week this week is Carlie. Carlie is a 3-5 year old rough coated collie mix. She is spayed, current on shots, heartworm negative and will be micro-chipped upon adoption The staff at the Greene County Humane Society said Carlie is an affectionate, sweet and loving dog who gets along well with other dogs and has separation-anxiety so will require an owner willing to invest some time with her. ...
GCGH, CGHI reach peaceful resolution to furniture disputeA peaceful resolution was reached earlier this week after confusion led to furniture from the former Greene County Health location being tossed in a dumpster. Members of the Board of Directors for Greene County Health, Inc. (GCHI) arrived at the site of their former clinic June 19 in order to claim office furniture and other items
- Support needed for CEO program
- GCDW Pet of the Week
- Man hit by vehicle listed as critical (6/21/18)1
- Linton Police Department Activity Log (6/21/18)
- Court News (6/21/18)
- Linton pool offers two hours of free swimming on Sundays (6/21/18)
- Linton market accepts WIC, Senior FMNP (6/21/18)
- 22 percent of Greene County voters turn out for 2018 midterms (6/19/18)
- Eastern Greene re-construction project going strong (6/19/18)
- Mogan, Moody say goodbye to Shakamak (6/19/18)
Gary L. FisherGary L. Fisher, 60, of Linton, passed away on Monday, June 18, 2018 at Greene County General Hospital in Linton. He was born on Sept. 14, 1957 in Indianapolis to Shirley J. (Brezko) and Fred L....
Thelma L. PlummerThelma L. Plummer, 96, of Linton, passed away in Indianapolis on June 17, 2018 at 2:15 a.m. Thelma was born on Dec. 20, 1921, in Bicknell. She was the daughter of Henry and Martha (VanHoose)...
Nellie P. SircyNellie P. Sircy, 93, of Greenfield, formerly of Elnora, passed away on Thursday, June 14, 2018 at Hancock Regional Hospital. Born March 3, 1925 in Daviess County, she was the daughter of William Zack...
Tanja J. FulkTanja J. Fulk, age 63, of Indianapolis, passed away on Wednesday, June 13, 2018, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis. She was born in Linton on November 10, 1954, the daughter of William E. Fulk...
Linton Police Department Activity Log (6/21/18)The Linton Police Department responded to 45 incidents and calls for service Tuesday and Wednesday, including one abandoned vehicle, two animal complaints, one personal injury accident, one...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (6/19/18)
Greene County Sheriff's Department Activity Log (6/18/18)The Greene County Sheriff’s Department responded to 48 incidents and calls for service from June 15 to June 17, including three property damage accidents, one personal injury accident, two alarms,...
Andrew BowenNorth-South All-Star game will be played July 13
Chris PruettEvent to support Middle Way House
Sabrina StockrahmIt’s my favorite time of year
By Patti DannerKristen, it’s hotter than Hades in here!
Kristen InmanPatti, I’m freaking freezing in here
Terry SchwinghammerShakamak at Linton Saturday: Enough said.
Larry VandeventerThese things amuse and perplex me
By Billy HollandIt’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood
Nicole StahlTreasurer’s office working to address concerns, suggestions
Brenda HancockTips for dealing with forgetfulness
Savannah Boone Community BloggerDown but not out
Ask a Greene GardenerIs Master Gardener Program a good fit for you?
- Linton trio continues Miner All-Star traditionTERRE HAUTE – For each of the past 14 summers the Linton-Stockton Miners have been a fixture at the annual Wabash Valley Football Coaches All-Star Game. Last June Linton-Stockton was very well-represented. Seven players and four coaches were on hand for the midsummer classic at Indiana State University featuring the premier collection of football talent among the recently-graduated seniors throughout the Wabash Valley...
- Saturday is only the beginning for Thunderbird threesome (6/21/18)
- Despite inherent challenges, Gold All-Star squad is rounding into form (6/21/18)
- Former T-Bird coach relishing All-Star experience (6/19/18)
- Linton hosting two-day Miner Shootout (6/18/18)
- Linton grad Rodney Walker hired as Evansville Central head basketball coach (6/18/18)
- Linton-Stockton All-SWIAC spring sports (6/15/18)
- Daily World announces All-Area softball team (6/14/18)
Community NotesWednesday, June 20 A Paparazzi Jewely Fundraiser will be held in the main lobby of Greene County General Hospital from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. All items will be $5. Sponsored by the Greene County Auxiliary (The Pink Ladies). All proceeds go to GCGH. “Watercolor painting” children’s classes will be held from 3-4 p.m. at the Sullivan Area Art Guild on the west side of the square in Sullivan. Classes are for children who have just finished grades 2-5. Cost is $5. To sign up call Nancy at 812-356-4517...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
ONLINE ANTIQUE & COLLECTIBLE AUCTIONVisit EDSIndiana.com to look at hundreds of Estate items in multiple online auctions. Antiques, furniture, oriental rugs, vintage photography & cameras, vintage toys, Kachina dolls, cruise line items, glass & china, collectibles of all...
Pet sitterAre you in need of a pet sitter? Then give me a call I can help you out. I can come stay at your home and care for your fur babies so there is no disruption to them or high cost of boarding. I will sit for a couple hours to all day or over night. I...
Country Home for SaleQuiet country home for sale! 1.16 acres Jasonville, IN 2 bed 2 bath Full unfinished basement Mudroom New concrete countertops New tile shower in master bath New 10x32 deck New landscaping Two car attached garage Come take a look!