Bloomfield Library recognizes outstanding employeesCourtesy photo Bloomfield Public Library Director, Austin Stroud, said Circulation Manager, Tasha Hudson, was recognized by the Library Board for showing outstanding leadership in 2016 during a staff...
WRV Homecoming set for Friday
‘Where the beauty of art and nature collide:’ Sculpture Trails Outdoor Museum’s year-round beauty“I’ve wondered before, if I would have seen a sculpture like one of ours around Greene County when I was a child, I have thought, how would it have changed me? Or, would it have?,” questioned Gerry...
- Fundraiser to send CASA youth to Rose Bowl Parade a success
- Scholarships available from Crane Credit Union for local students (1/16/17)
- Community Notes (1/13/17)
- Turning Point graduates 22 (1/13/17)2
- Generations website a helpful Greene County resource (1/13/17)
- UPDATE: Greene County announces travel advisory (1/13/17)
- Game postponed for Friday, Dec. 13 (1/13/17)
- Shakamak Board welcomes new, returning members (1/13/17)
- Worthington American Legion to celebrate new beginning (1/13/17)
- Greene Gab Episode 21 (1/13/17)
Walter “Walt” C. Anderson“Walt” C. Anderson, 52, of Worthington, Ind., passed away at his residence on Jan.14, 2017. Walt was born in Indianapolis on April 18, 1964 to Charles D. and Ora Rosalyn (Radcliff) Anderson. Walt...
Gerald Lee SwabyGerald Lee Swaby, age 77, of Jasonville, passed away on Tuesday, January 10, 2017, at his residence. He was born in Linton, Ind. on July 7, 1939, the son of Francis Isaac Swaby & Jessie Faye...
Kenneth QuillenKenneth Quillen, 84, of Bloomfield passed away Sunday, Jan. 15 at his residence. Born May 4, 1932 in Oolitic, Ind. the son of George O. and Bertha Pearl (Dove) Quillen. Kenneth was retired from ABB...
Julia FiteJulia Gertrude Pratt Fite, 81, of Linton, passed away peacefully surrounded by family at the Glenburn Home in Linton, on Sunday, Jan. 15. Julia was born Feb. 27, 1935 to John Wallace and Julia...
Linton Police Department activity log (1/16/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 41 incidents for service Friday to Monday, including two animal complaints, one assist to other departments, eight assists to the public, one burglary, one...
Greene County Sheriff's Department activity log (1/16/17)The Greene County Sheriff’s Department responded to 56 incidents for service Friday to Sunday, including four abandoned vehicles, two property damage accidents, two personal injury accidents, one...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (1/13/17)Michael James Butcher, 48, Crane, was arrested on a warrant for petition to revoke suspended. No bond is set. James Madison Sturgis, 43, Worthington, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear...
Court News (1/13/17)CRIMINAL CASES Deandre Hughes, 24, Indianapolis, Level 6 felony strangulation, two counts Class A misdemeanor battery resulting in bodily injury, Class A misdemeanor criminal mischief Domenique Dubois, 24, Bloomfield, Class A misdemeanor operating while intoxicated endangering a person, Level 6 felony operating while intoxicated endangering a person, Class C misdemeanor operating while intoxicated, Level 6 felony operating while intoxicated prior conviction, Class A misdemeanor operating vehicle with alcohol concentration equivalent to .15 or more, Level 6 felony operating vehicle with alcohol concentration equivalent to .15 or more prior conviction. ...
Kelly Slaven“If I were the devil”
By Patti DannerSitting here in Queens......eating refried beans... --from ‘We’re a Happy Family,’ by the Ramones
Terry SchwinghammerHigh school hoops: Can the next seven weeks match the last two?
Andrew ChristmanChristmas with the Christmans
Jon SwabyDucks and rain = great times
Grant KarazsiaBook 2 Part 3: A stubble of sin
Brenda HancockTips for preventing falls this winter
By Billy HollandLove will endure whatever may come
REMC Employees and RepresentativesFail Forward1
Larry VandeventerWhich Wizard of Oz character Am I?
Donna KluesnerLocal Photographer Discovers the Extraordinary in the Ordinary2
Ask a Greene GardenerPlanting mums in the fall
Greene County Jail: Now and then (12/26/16)The Greene County Board of Commissioners has vowed to ease the burden at the Greene County Jail as it continues to see overcrowding issues. The 84-bed facility saw a jump to an average daily count of...
City-organized trash service could be good for Jasonville (12/19/16)The Jasonville City Council heard the concerns of its constituents about trash pick up in the city and brought the issue before patrons in a public meeting this week. The council hosted an...
- Missed opportunities cost Lady Cards in loss to NorthviewMissed opportunities - and missed shots - proved costly for the Bloomfield Lady Cardinals Thursday against Northview. And the visiting Lady Knights took full advantage of the hosts’ generosity, opening a 17-point third quarter lead and pulling away for a 41-21 win at Guy Glover Gymnasium in Bloomfield...
- Miners grind Wolverines down with depth, crush WRV 90-25 (1/16/17)
- Lady Wolverines demolish North Central 67-33 (1/16/17)
- Marshall overpowers Lakers, 69-48 (1/16/17)
- LOCAL SPORTS ROUNDUP: Lady Miners win big (1/16/17)
- IHSAA Girls Basketball sectional fields set (1/15/17)
- UPDATED: Cards last-ditch effort comes up just short (1/15/17)
- Garo sets new Shakamak record with 40 points in romp over Eminence (1/15/17)
Community NotesTuesday, January 17 The Board of Directors of Bloomfield School District School Building Corporation will hold a regular meeting at the law office of Todd R. Corn, at 114 East Main Street in Bloomfield at 6 p.m.. American Legion Post 22 will host a euchre tournament at 7 p.m. at the Legion, located at 139 South Main Street in Linton. The Bloomfield Public Library will have Teen Movie Night from 5-7 p.m. to spend an evening watching a great new release. Call the library at 812-384-4125 to find out the movie title. Grades 7-12 welcome.
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Rottweiler PuppiesAKC German Rottweiler pups. Great with kids.8 weeks old, ready to go! Call or text with questions 821-384-6846.
Mopeds, Scooters & GoKart
Moped1996 Honda SA50P 2nd owner, 1800 original miles Have title and owners manual $350.00 OBO, text for more info
Samich "Greg Bennett Design" acoustic guitar (modelST6-1/BK)These are beautiful instruments and have been used one semester in LHS Music History Class. Finish in dark brown. Call or text today. 812-798-0910