Pet of the Week 1-21Rosie is a 1-3 year old Border Collie Mix who arrived to the shelter the week of Thanksgiving as an owner surrender. Staff said she is housebroken, heart worm negative and knows how to sit. Rosie is...
GCGH to offer two new service lines this yearA new service line will be available at the Greene County General Hospital (GCGH) within the next couple of months, according to Chief Executive Officer, Brenda Reetz. Reetz presented the GCGH Board...
Linton-Stockton School Board begins 2017 with a social studies lessonThe Linton-Stockton School Corporation Board met Monday evening, and followed the recently adopted format of hearing presentations from different departments during board meetings, this time from the...
- State level changes to impact WRV tax rate
- Greene County native writes book of Hoosier history
- Community Notes
- County hopeful for another round of road funding from state (1/17/17)
- Borders says proposed bill not meant to be discriminatory (1/17/17)2
- Fundraiser to send CASA youth to Rose Bowl Parade a success (1/17/17)
- Bloomfield Library recognizes outstanding employees (1/16/17)
- ‘Bring it on,’ says RDL (1/16/17)
- WRV Homecoming set for Friday (1/16/17)
- Scholarships available from Crane Credit Union for local students (1/16/17)
Linda McIntoshLinda Kay McIntosh, 81, of Linton, passed away at her residence on Tuesday, Jan. 17. Born June 30, 1935 in Farmersburg to Joseph S. and Marie (Jeffers) Waggoner. She retired as an independent...
Thelma M. GrassickThelma M. Grassick, 78, of Jasonville, Ind. passed away at 8:45 a.m. Monday, Jan. 16, in Breckenridge Health and Rehab in Sullivan, Ind. She was born Aug. 2, 1938 in Terre Haute, Ind. to Joseph...
Sally GunnSally Ellen (Brannon) Gunn, 74, of Palestine, Ill., passed away on Friday, Jan. 13 at the IU Health Bloomington Hospital. She was born on March 22, 1942 in Palestine to Glen Brannon and Velma...
Walter “Walt” C. Anderson“Walt” C. Anderson, 52, of Worthington, Ind., passed away at his residence on Jan.14, 2017. Walt was born in Indianapolis on April 18, 1964 to Charles D. and Ora Rosalyn (Radcliff) Anderson. Walt...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (1/18/17)Chad Allen Myers, 22, Bloomfield, was arrested on preliminary charges of strangulation. Bond is set at $8,000.
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (1/17/17)Russell Glenford Christy, 61, Indianapolis, was arrested on a warrant for possession of a firearm by serious dangerous felon, possession of methamphetamine and possession of marijuana. No bond is...
Linton Police Department activity log (1/17/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 12 incidents for service Tuesday, including one bank/residential alarm, one animal complain, one assist to the public, one burglary, one domestic dispute,...
Court News (1/18/17)CIVIL CASES Midland Funding vs. Brandon Vaughn Midland Funding vs. Timothy Smith Midland Funding vs. Abigail Pietsch Capital One Bank vs. Aaron Quakenbush Captial One Bank vs. Chad Stalcup Portfolio Recovery Associates vs. Dawn Herr SMALL CLAIMS Glenburn Home vs. Eleanor Shacklett...
Kelly Slaven“If I were the devil”
By Patti DannerSitting here in Queens......eating refried beans... --from ‘We’re a Happy Family,’ by the Ramones
Terry SchwinghammerHigh school hoops: Can the next seven weeks match the last two?
Andrew ChristmanChristmas with the Christmans
Jon SwabyDucks and rain = great times
Grant KarazsiaBook 2 Part 3: A stubble of sin
Brenda HancockTips for preventing falls this winter
By Billy HollandLove will endure whatever may come
REMC Employees and RepresentativesFail Forward1
Larry VandeventerWhich Wizard of Oz character Am I?
Donna KluesnerLocal Photographer Discovers the Extraordinary in the Ordinary2
Ask a Greene GardenerPlanting mums in the fall
- Another busy weekend for area prepsThis weekend features a full slate of boys high school basketball action around the area. Just like last Friday, there are three Southwestern Indiana Athletic Conference tilts scheduled for Friday night. Shakamak takes on White River Valley at Switz City. Linton-Stockton travels to North Daviess and Eastern Greene hosts rival Bloomfield...
- Eastern girls electrocute Lady Eels on the road (1/17/17)
- Indiana coaches name Canty to Tennis Hall of Fame (1/17/17)
- Friends used to play together, now they coach against each other (1/17/17)
- Bloomfield's Canty inducted into Tennis Hall of Fame (1/17/17)
- Missed opportunities cost Lady Cards in loss to Northview (1/16/17)
- Miners grind Wolverines down with depth, crush WRV 90-25 (1/16/17)
- Lady Wolverines demolish North Central 67-33 (1/16/17)
Community NotesWednesday, January 18 The Bloomfield School Board will meet in executive session at 5:30 p.m. in the junior/senior high school conference room. The Board of Directors of Bloomfield School District School Building Corporation will hold a regular meeting at the law office of Todd R. Corn, at 114 East Main Street in Bloomfield at 6 p.m....
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Rottweiler PuppiesAKC German Rottweiler pups. Great with kids.8 weeks old, ready to go! Call or text with questions 821-384-6846.
Mopeds, Scooters & GoKart
Moped1996 Honda SA50P 2nd owner, 1800 original miles Have title and owners manual $350.00 OBO, text for more info
Samich "Greg Bennett Design" acoustic guitar (modelST6-1/BK)These are beautiful instruments and have been used one semester in LHS Music History Class. Finish in dark brown. Call or text today. 812-798-0910