LSSC hires new corporation nurseLinton-Stockton School Corporation has a new nurse. The school board approved the hire of Brandee McKee to fill the position of corporation nurse. She fills the empty position after the board approved the resignation of the 22-year school nurse Marlene Cooper in April...
WRV FFA are outstanding in the field of agricultureIn June, White River Valley FFA was the recipient of an American Farmers Grow Communities grant of $2,500. The chapter was nominated by Crowe Farms and the funds are part of Monsantoís continuing effort to give back to local communities. From left, Aleta Crowe, White River Valley FFA President Mason Stoner and Steve Crowe. The funds will be used to continue to support members in leadership and career development activities...
Community seeks answers after kitten found with mouth glued shutThe morning of Friday, July 6, S.A.F.E. animal rescue coordinator Chantel Eaton picked up a five-week-old kitten from the Southside Express in Linton. Eaton said it had almost looked like the kitten had fallen out of the engine of a vehicle parked at a gas pump. Later that evening, Eaton finally got a closer look at the kitten...
- LSSC hires new corporation nurse
- WRV FFA are outstanding in the field of agriculture
- Linton Police Department Activity Log
- Greene County Sheriff's Department Activity Log
- Linton man searching for kidney donor
- Microchipping gets pets home quicker (7/15/18)
- Byers donates microchip reader to Jasonville Police Department (7/15/18)
- Homecoming preparations, Ed Sheppard Award focus of Jasonville meeting (7/14/18)
- Turning Point turns 91 tassels in 2018, Ellington gives commencement speech (7/13/18)1
- Body found in Wabash determined to drowned (7/13/18)
David Wayne PickettDavid Wayne Pickett, 57 years old, of Valrico, Fla., passed away peacefully on July 6, 2018. David is survived by his wife, Kimberly; his children, Meaghan, Sarah, and Alec; his parents, Steve and...
Michael Robert LewisMichael Robert Lewis, age 42, of Worthington, passed away peacefully on Sunday, July 15, 2018, at University of Cincinnati Medical Center. He was born in Newport News, Va. on Nov. 28, 1975, the son...
Kay HarperKay Harper, 81, of Solsberry passed away Friday, July 13, 2018 at the IU Health Hospice House in Bloomington. Born Oct. 11, 1936 in Lyons, the daughter of Charles Lace. Kay worked in the supply...
Ralph E. HiattRalph E. Hiatt, age 88 of Lyons, passed away peacefully on Friday, July 13, 2018, at his residence. Ralph was born in Cass Township in Sullivan County on April 8, 1930, the son of Leslie Russle Hiatt...
Linton Police Department Activity Log (7/16/18)The Linton Police Department responded to 45 incidents and calls for service July 13-15, including three animal complaints, three assists to other departments, two assists to the public, one battery,...
Greene County Sheriff's Department Activity Log (7/16/18)The Greene County Sheriffís Department responded to 54 incidents and calls for service from July 13 to July 15, including four abandoned vehicles, five property damage accidents, two personal injury...
Linton Police Department Activity Log (7/13/18)The Linton Police Department responded to 30 incidents and calls for service July 12, including one personal injury accident, two assists to other departments, four assists to the public, one child...
Court News (7/13/18)CRIMINAL CASES Rona K. Hatten, 64, West Baden Springs, Level 6 felony identity deception; Level 6 felony possession of methamphetamine DISSOLUTIONS Alana B. Lynch, Bloomfield and Gerard K. Lynch, Bloomington CITATIONS AND INFRACTIONS Angel Baughman, 19, Linton, disregarding a lighted signal...
Sabrina StockrahmHereís to 30 more of my best years
Kristen InmanA moment of silence
Chris PruettParade helps bring us together
By Patti DannerA (voluntary) slashing on Sixth Street...........
Andrew BowenAll-Stars shine on football Saturday night
Terry SchwinghammerWVFCA All-Star Game: A fun week and a fantastic finish
Larry VandeventerGet out and stay out
Nicole StahlTreasurerís office preparing for annual tax sale
Ask a Greene GardenerHelp: Blooms falling from zucchini plant
Brenda HancockHeat and older adults
By Billy HollandItís a beautiful day in the neighborhood
Savannah Boone Community BloggerDown but not out
If you break it, you buy it (7/6/18)Itís no secret that the wheels of government move slowly, but here in Greene County, thatís not always the case. Such is the case on County Line Road, also known as County Road 800 South. At...
Enjoy the Fourth of July festivities safely (6/29/18)The next week will be full of activities throughout the county as we prepare to celebrate our nationís independence, and we would like to offer a few tips to enjoy the celebrations safely. Most...
- UPDATED: Anderson claims third Greene County Open crownFor a long time Brock Anderson bore the moniker of ďBest player never to win the Greene County Open.Ē After all those years Anderson finally broke through with his first victory in 2012. He followed up his 2012 title by winning again in 2014. Now Anderson joins a select group, becoming the sixth three-time winner of the Greene County Open golf tournament...
- Hamilton plays and Paridaen coaches in All-Star game (7/14/18)
- French leads GCO after Day One (7/14/18)
- Phil Harris pro anticipates another competitive Greene County Open Championship (7/12/18)
- Sullivan beats Jasonville 172A to end legion season (7/10/18)
- Fougerousse named first-team All-State (7/10/18)
- Solsberry Hornet 5K set for July 21 (7/10/18)
- Greene County Stingrays win own invitational (7/9/18)
Community NotesWednesday, July 11 The Bloomfield-Eastern Greene County Public Library Board of Trustees will hold an executive session for an employee evaluation at 4:30 p.m. The normal monthly public board meeting will follow afterwards. The Linton Public Library will host a Tie-Dye event from 1:30-2:30 p.m. for grade 4 through teens. Everything needed to create a groovy handkerchief is supplied, or participants can bring their own white tee shirt to dye...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
GE Stacked Laundry CenterBrand new, never used. Original cost $1,169. 3.2 cu ft. washer, 5.9 cu ft. dryer. Nice looking space saver with numerous features. Asking $800. Located in Elnora.