Calling all goblins, witches and ghoulsIt’s almost time for all little ghosts, skeletons and superheroes of all ages to put on their best costumes and scurry on down to Main Street in Linton for this year’s annual Spookfest celebration. On Saturday, Oct 27 the traditional tenderloin dinner at the Linton Fire Station begins at 4 p.m., ending at 8 p.m,...
Understanding the role of the CASAA Court Appointed Special Advocate must work together with the many different individuals and pieces of a case to fully understand it in order to make a recommendation that is in the best interest of the children in need of services. CASA Director Samantha Flath said being directly involved with families who have had drug-related issues or have seen abuse can be intimidating...
Eastern Greene High School a work in progressThe Eastern Greene Board of School Trustees met Monday evening, Oct. 15, and were given an update on the high school renovation project by the project’s Clerk of the Works, the Stenftenagel Group LLC’s David Riffel. The project, made necessary by the discovery of alleged defects in the construction of Eastern Greene High School, is expected to be completed in the spring of 2109...
- GCDW Pet of the Week (10/19/18)
- ‘Aunt Tique’ rides again: local woman to compete in Tour De Cure for second year (10/18/18)
- Court News (10/18/18)
- Linton Police Department Activity Log (10/18/18)
- Annnd...Action!: Moonlight Films to premiere ‘Maker of Monsters’ (10/18/18)
- Mom Prom sees biggest year yet (10/18/18)
- Crane Army civilians: A part of something bigger (10/18/18)
- Eastern Greene School Board approves donations, staffing (10/17/18)
- Linton Library to host costume contest, photo booth (10/17/18)
- Solsberry man accused of child molesting (10/17/18)
Betty June ClaytonBetty June Clayton, 89, passed away at 7:30 p.m. on Oct. 19, 2018 at Good Samaritan Hospital in Vincennes. Betty was born on Jan. 29, 1929 in Bloomington, the daughter of Erza and Violet (Loveall)...
Patricia Rosina StewartPatricia Rosina Stewart, age 84, of Switz City, passed away 8:03 a.m. on Thursday, Oct. 18, 2018, at Terre Haute Union Hospital. She was born in Linton on July 29, 1934, the daughter of Ernest...
Robert Michael ‘Mike’ LadsonRobert Michael ‘Mike’ Ladson, 61, of Elnora, Indiana, entered into eternal rest on Thursday, Oct. 18, 2018 at his residence. His family was by his side until this life’s journey was over. Mike was...
James Alfred JacksonJames Alfred Jackson 77, of Owensburg, passed away Wednesday, Oct. 17, 2018 at Hearthstone Health campus in Bloomington. Born Dec. 12, 1940 in Owensburg, he was the son of Alfred Ray and Lottie...
Linton Police Department Activity Log (10/18/18)The Linton Police Department responded to 12 incidents and calls for service Oct. 17, including two animal complaints, one assist to other departments, one criminal mischief, one EMS, one fight in...
Linton Police Department Activity Log (10/17/18)The Linton Police Department responded to 18 incidents and calls for service Oct. 16, including one property damage accident, one bank/residential alarm, one animal complaint, one extra patrol, three...
Linton Police Department Activity Log (10/15/18)The Linton Police Department responded to 34 incidents and calls for service Oct. 12-14, including one abandoned vehicle, one animal complaint, one assist to the public, one child custody, two...
Court News (10/18/18)CRIMINAL CASES Amanda J. Pierce, 29, Jasonville, Class B misdemeanor disorderly conduct Jeremy C. Hall, 35, Springville, Class A misdemeanor home improvement fraud Christopher M. Whitfield, 37, Bloomfield, Level 6 felony domestic battery with prior battery conviction; Level 6 felony strangulation...
Terry SchwinghammerPostseason dreams realized bring logistical nightmares
Sabrina StockrahmUnexpected difficulties of motherhood
Chris PruettDifference Maker will be honored at annual banquet
By Patti DannerDog Days at the Greene County Humane Society...
Andrew BowenEastern will try to fix hole in schedule
Kristen InmanA moment of silence2
Lori WadeMoonlight Films gallery this weekend at Carnegie
By Billy HollandTrying to find our place in this world
Larry VandeventerWelcome to Autumn
Brenda HancockMedicare open enrollment coming soon
Nicole StahlTreasurer’s office preparing for annual tax sale2
Ask a Greene GardenerHelp: Blooms falling from zucchini plant
- Regional victory not in the cards for BloomfieldMORRISTOWN – The Bloomfield Lady Cardinals came so close – agonizingly close. With Saturday’s regional volleyball match against the Hauser Lady Jets all square at one set apiece the Lady Cardinals saw a seven-point lead disappear. Now trailing two sets to one Bloomfield quickly fell eight points behind in the fourth. The resilient Lady Cardinals rallied forcing the set to extra points...
- Jacy Collins makes state meet for second straight year (10/20/18)
- Miners run over the Rangers 42-7 (10/20/18)
- Eastern rolls Rock Creek in sectional opener (10/19/18)
- Shaughnessy Dinkins refuses to let illness keep her off the diamond (10/18/18)
- Robbins brothers fall to Greensburg team at BNL (10/18/18)
- Miners postseason journey begins Friday (10/16/18)
- Thunderbird coach desires perfection against the Lions (10/16/18)1
Community NotesWednesday, October 17 The Linton Public Library will be holding Spin-A-Yarn Knit & Crochet every third Wednesday of the month from 1-2 p.m. Those who like to knit or crochet or are interested in learning are welcome to join this monthly “drop-in group” to learn new stitches, bring their own project or help others with service projects...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
ONLINE TOOL & EQUIPMENT AUCTIONOnline Auctions ending most Mondays. JD & Intl Riders, Power Equipment, Collectibles, Tools & More. New items and auctions added weekly. Bid live at EDSIndiana.com by clicking the Online Auction Link. E Mail us at EDSIndiana@gmail.com. ...