REMC Board reports new CEO imminentThe UDWI REMC Board of Directors reported Monday evening the search for a new CEO for the Cooperative is nearly at an end. “We are really close to naming a new CEO,” said Interim CEO Dan Arnold....
Dorine Aynes WhitmanDorine Aynes Whitman, 80, of Lyons, passed away peacefully, surrounded by her family, on Friday, Oct. 20, 2017 at Glenburn Nursing Home. She was born in Fort Bragg, N.C. on Nov. 28, 1936 to Joshua W....
Liberty Day held at BloomfieldStudents at Bloomfield Jr./Sr. High School gathered in Glover Gym Monday afternoon to learn about Liberty Day. The school hosted Liberty Day Chairman Bill Willis, who spoke at length to students in...
- Holiday markets scheduled for this fall (10/23/17)
- Two suspects crash gate at NSA Crane (10/21/17)
- UPDATE: Stolen grain truck leads to Collins' arrest (10/20/17)
- Community Notes (10/20/17)
- White River Valley Middle School ‘Common Sense’ certified (10/20/17)
- Greene County Foundation grants keep youth, elderly in motion (10/20/17)
- Elks provide tools for drug awareness, prevention (10/20/17)
- Greene Gab Ep. 53 (10/20/17)
- GALLERY: Fields of Faith celebrates all forms of worship (10/19/17)
- WRV receives $20,000 in grant (10/19/17)
Susan FowlerSusan Yvonnne (Haldeman) Fowler, 71, of Bloomfield, rejoined her soul mate, John Thomas Fowler, after just over a three year separation on Oct. 20, 2017. Susan was born March 14, 1946 in Linton to...
Max HarthMax Cary Harth, age 68, of Switz City, passed away peacefully at 2:25 pm on Saturday, Oct. 21, 2017, at IU Health, Bloomington. He was born in Evansville on April 26, 1949, the son of Clarence “Red”...
William ThompsonWilliam Eli “Bill” Thompson, 83, of Jasonville, passed away at 4:20 a.m. Saturday, October 21, 2017 at Regional Hospital, Terre Haute. He was born Dec. 13, 1933 in Greene County to Luther Thompson...
Harold J. MorrisonHarold J. Morrison, age 91, of Linton, passed 2:32 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 19, 2017, at Lyons Health and Living. He was born in Linton on March 13, 1926, the son of Berl M. and Eleanor (Shaw)...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (10/23/17)Chad Allen Myers, 23, Bloomfield, was arrested on a preliminary charge of disorderly conduct. Bond set at $500 with 10 percent allowed. Christopher Shawn Wade, 36, Heltonville, was arrested on a writ...
Linton Police Department activity log (10/23/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 46 incidents for service Friday to Monday, including one property damage accident, two personal injury accident, one alarm, three assists to other...
Linton Police Department activity log (10/20/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 13 incidents for service Friday, including one alarm, three fingerprintings, one fire, two juvenile complaints, one property, one P.O. violation, one road...
Court News (10/20/17)Criminal Cases Sarah Dent, 36, Bedford, Class A misdemeanor criminal trespass Skylar Vestal, 23, Linton, Level 6 felony auto theft, Level 6 felony possession of methamphetamine, Class C misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia Lynden Boger, 26, Lyons, Level 6 felony possession of methamphetamine, Class C misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia...
Larry VandeventerShe looked like she was standing in two plastic bags from Wally World
By Billy HollandLearning to read our heavenly blueprint
Brenda HancockCaregiver event scheduled for November
Nicole StahlTreasurer’s office giving back
Ask a Greene GardenerRidding garden of Japanese Beetles
Access to assault rifles: ‘enough is enough’ (10/13/17)The recent massacre at an outdoor country music concert in Las Vegas has many Americans wondering. Wondering how such a thing could happen, how it could have been prevented and how long before we as...
Our Opinion: Open your hearts to children in need (10/6/17)Open Arms Christian Ministries will be hosting an informational meeting Saturday about the need and importance of foster parents in the community. The presentation will be at the Jasonville United...
- UPDATED: Mater Dei ends Lady Miners postseason, againMITCHELL - After falling nine points behind in the first set the Linton-Stockton Lady Miners rebounded to make a match of it the rest of the way. But in the end the Lady Miners couldn’t quite match the Lady Wildcats of Evansville Mater Dei. Mater Dei wound up winning the opening set 25-17. Linton-Stockton had chances to win the next two but fell 21-25 and 27-29, coming up short in its regional bid in Class 2A Regional 12 at Mitchell...
- Jacy Collins advances to state meet (10/22/17)
- Shakamak golfer aims to play in tournament Down Under (10/21/17)
- Union’s winless season continues with 50-0 shutout at Tecumseh (10/21/17)
- Eastern skins the Cougars 57-0 in sectional opener (10/21/17)
- Miners conquer Vikings in fantastic finish (10/20/17)
- Lady Miner volleyballers seek first regional win in 10 years (10/18/17)
- Bloomfield crushes Lady Wolverines in sectional semifinal (10/18/17)
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield