Autumn Trace residents to ride in styleResidents at Autumn Trace Assisted Living welcomed the addition of a new ADA-compliant bus last week. Executive Director Tammy Johnson said the facility is very happy with the new addition, which...
Solsberry man facing attempted murder charge after allegedly running man over with vehicle5A Solsberry man is facing a preliminary charge of attempted murder after allegedly running his father-in-law over with a car last weekend, according to a press release issued by the Bloomfield Police...
Photography exhibit and book signing in Linton
- Tasting luncheon throwing back to old favorites (6/22/17)
- Theater Camp at Saron Church (6/21/17)
- WRV prepares for machining ‘boot camp’ (6/20/17)3
- Community Notes (6/20/17)
- Hasler named as 2017 Freedom Festival Hall of Fame recipient (6/20/17)
- LSSC to open tennis courts to public (6/20/17)4
- Bloomfield Jr./Sr. High School earns Champions Together banner (6/20/17)
- Bloomfield Pool Board discusses funding for project (6/20/17)
- Two new officers join LPD (6/20/17)1
- Updated Linton Freedom Festival schedule (6/20/17)2
Julia Correne HuffmanJulia Correne Huffman, 92, of Bloomington, formerly of Bloomfield, passed away Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at the Brown County Health & Living Community in Nashville, Ind. Born Jan. 26, 1925 in Greene...
George H. HigarGeorge H. Higar, age 82, of Linton, passed away on Thursday, June 22, 2017 at his residence. He was born in Switz City on Sept. 8, 1934, the son of Hughy “Banty” and Mildred (Raines) Higar. George...
Gordon ‘Gene’ BrinegarGordon Eugene ‘Gene’ Brinegar, 68, of Odon, passed away on Tuesday, June 20, 2017. He was born on May 4, 1949 in Indianapolis, to Gordon Cecil Brinegar and May (Phillips) Kelsey. Gene married his...
Janice Elaine CorwinJanice Elaine Corwin, age 77, of Bloomfield, passed away Monday evening peacefully at home sitting on the porch with her husband of 57 years. She was born in Greene County on Feb. 27, 1940, the...
Linton Police Department activity log (6/22/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 19 incidents for service Thursday, including one property damage accident, one animal complaint, one child custody, two extra patrols, one harassment, three...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (6/22/17)Jacob Andrew Smith, 22, was arrested on a warrant for use of a card skimming device. No bond is set. Brian Robert Callahan, 35, Linton, was arrested on a warrant for probation violation and petition...
Linton Police Department activity log (6/20/17)The Linton Police Department responded to 16 incidents for service Monday and Tuesday, including one animal complaint, one civil dispute, one extra patrol, three fingerprintings, two juvenile...
By Patti DannerJaden Lauderdale: A Greene County girl with a heart of gold
Andrew ChristmanA bond of books, food and walks
Sabrina StockrahmThe newest Stockrahm is a....
Terry SchwinghammerRemembering an old friend - and an original Lady Miner
Grant KarazsiaMurphy, you can have my house
Jon SwabyLooking for a friend named Josh
Larry VandeventerA Geezer Guide To Household Repairs
By Billy HollandHaving compassion on those less fortunate
Brenda HancockSpring issue of Generations Magazine is out
Ask a Greene GardenerQuestion: What vegetables can I plant in the early spring?
Donna KluesnerMarsh Madness artist Marty Jones opens Friday at Carnegie1
Cheryl HamiltonChamber learns about state agriculture
Celebrate the Fourth of July safely (6/19/17)The Fourth of July is almost here and with the festivities comes an influx of traffic and need for extra safety measures. In the City of Linton, festivities exceed just July 4 as the Linton-Stockton...
Innkeeper’s Tax to draw eyes to Greene County (6/9/17)The Greene County Council and County Commissioners approved a new tax this week, which will bring in money to help promote the many attractions and events around the county. The best part of this...
- All-Star week is an unforgettable experience for the playersTERRE HAUTE -- Every June the top senior players from western Indiana and eastern Illinois gather at Indiana State University’s Memorial Stadium for the annual First Financial Wabash Valley Football Coaches Association All-Star Classic. For the players it’s a week of fun, friendships and football. Every year the players universally agree All-Star week is filled with team-building, camaraderie and fun...
- So much to do, so little time (6/22/17)
- Clay County Post 2 shuts out Jasonville behind Hasler’s gem (6/21/17)
- Miners can’t quite catch Wolfpack (6/20/17)
- Carmichael pays a return visit to Greene County (6/20/17)
- Eight players, four coaches to represent Miners at WVFCA All-Star game (6/19/17)
- Day Two of the Miner Shootout (6/17/17)
- Daily World names top athletes in track and field (6/17/17)
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Free Cats To Good HomeLooking for a forever home for 4 cats age range varies all males. Thier owners moved an just left them behind. They are all sweet cats,friendly with other cats and dogs.They are curious,like to play,like to hunt.All are litter trained.All need...
Latest State & Nation News