Commissioners discuss possibly privatizing EMSIn an effort to address concerns about the staffing of the Greene County Ambulance Service, the Greene County Board of Commissioners have decided to move forward with putting together a proposal to potentially seek a private emergency medical services firm...
UPDATE: Cooling centers needed in Greene CountyWith the heat index expected to top 100 degrees, Greene County Emergency Management is asking community churches and organizations to open their doors as a cooling center. “Greene County churches and other organizations are requested to provide cooling centers during this dangerous heatwave.” Said Roger Axe, Director of Greene County Emergency Management Agency...
GCGH Board of Directors welcomes Harry BedwellDuring their regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, July 16, the Greene County General Hospital Board of Directors inducted a new board member, Harry Bedwell. Bedwell is a retired Indiana State Police officer of 34 years. He took his oath of office during the meeting and he was welcomed by the GCGH administration team and board members...
- NWS: Excessive heat warning issued
- Local youth raises funds for fireworks
- First Financial Bank to host free community shredding event (7/17/19)
- Community Notes (7/17/19)
- Community Notes (7/17/19)
- Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (7/17/19)
- Celebrating the miracle of Madison Isabella Moore (7/16/19)
- Purdue Extension offering a Woodland Management Program (7/16/19)
- GCGH announces county’s first perinatal navigator, RN Nicole Page (7/15/19)
- Court News (7/15/19)
Pauline E. BedwellPauline E. Bedwell, 95, of Sullivan, formerly of Dugger, passed peacefully in her sleep, on July 18, 2019 at Sullivan. She was born on April 14, 1924 in Gambill to Jess and Rulah (Gibbs) Meeks. She...
Madison Isabella MooreMadison Isabella Moore, age 17, of Linton, went to be with Jesus, peacefully surrounded by her family on Monday, July 15, 2019, at Riley Children’s Hospital in Indianapolis. She was born in Linton on...
Delores J. BurkhartDelores J. Burkhart, 90, of Terre Haute, passed away Friday, July 12, 2019 at Signature Health Care of Terre Haute. Born Sept. 2, 1928 in Worthington, the daughter of Harold and Lois Burkhart....
Terry Ray BlandTerry Ray Bland, 59, of Solsberry passed away Friday, July 12, 2019 at his residence. Born March 15, 1960 in Bloomington, the son of Raymond and Velma (Harper) Bland. Terry worked for Baxter and...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (7/17/19)
Linton Police Department Activity Log (7/15/19)The Linton Police Department responded to 60 incidents and calls for service July 12-14, including one property damage accident, one personal injury accident, two bank/residential alarms, four animal...
Linton Police Department Activity Log (7/12/19)The Linton Police Department responded to 27 incidents and calls for service July 11, including four assists to other departments, one assist to the public, one burglary, one civil dispute, one...
Court News (7/15/19)CRIMINAL CASES Eric J. Townsend, 34, Newberry, Class A misdemeanor intimidation SMALL CLAIMS Corvee Inc. vs Cheryl Klass Regional Veterinary Services vs Kevin L. Deckard and Tammy S. Deckard Lang Technovation Co. vs Clark’s CNC LLC Professional Accounts Service Incl. vs Kari W. Stewart...
Andrew BowenIHSAA adopts mercy rule for football teams that need it
Terry SchwinghammerThe Most Memorable Moments of 2019 – so far
Sabrina StockrahmI’m thankful for my village1
By Patti DannerThank you for helping us honor Greene County’s Bright Futures!
Chris PruettCoach Hart: ‘No stage is too big for them’
Larry VandeventerGuess What
Market Manager Mark StacyJuly is National Blueberry Month
Brenda HancockKeep yourself safe from fraud, financial exploitation
Tawni Prudhomme‘Home on the range’ in Greene County
Jennifer and Jeff HawkinsPRENUPTIAL AGREEMENTS AND INDIANA MEDICAID – PART 1
By Billy HollandThe most thrilling thing about Heaven
Bringing light into darkness: The legacy of Eva Kor (7/12/19)As thousands lined the streets of Linton to watch the 114th Linton Freedom Festival Parade in celebration of our nation’s independence, the world got a little dimmer with the loss of one of Indiana’s...
Thank you, first responders (6/21/19)Thank you to all first responders who gave up sleep, their weekend and Father’s Day to help ensure all of the residents in the path of Saturday evening’s tornado were safe and could return to their...
- Phil Harris pro anticipates another great Greene County Open ChampionshipIt’s that time again. It’s the middle of July and it’s time once again for local golfers to tee it up for the Greene County Open Championship. The 78th edition of the Greene County Open is set for Saturday and Sunday at Phil Harris Golf Course, coinciding with the 148th playing of the Open Championship across the pond, this year at Royal Portrush in Northern Ireland...
- Linton cross country signups Monday (7/16/19)
- Vanessa Shafford displays her skills at Underclass Showcase (7/16/19)
- Stingrays close out home season with a bang (7/11/19)
- Baseball coaches name three county players to All-State teams (7/11/19)
- Stingrays swim 100 strong to win own invitational (7/8/19)
- From the fields of Eastern to the shores of Parris Island (7/5/19)
- Bowen’s Beat: Star light, star bright, the All-Stars have been a delight (7/5/19)
Community NotesWednesday, July 17 Fun Make & Take activities offered by Greene County Master Garden Association during 4H fair from 11:45-1:30 p.m. Fun fruit and veggie snacks in the Event Center. Spin-A-Yarn Knit and Crochet at Linton Public Library from 1-2 p.m. Do you like to knit or crochet? Or, would like to learn? We have started a monthly drop in knit and crochet on the third Wednesday of every month...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Experienced Drywall Finisher NeededSeeking an experienced drywall finisher for residential and commercial drywall hang and finish work. Will not need tools. Pay is based on experience. Must have a valid drivers license and willing to do some minor traveling. Current jobs going in...
Pruett Excavating LLCPruett Excavating is proud to offer services for all your needs. Excavating, grading, seeding, fence row cleaning,drive way stone and grading, private utilities, demolition and more. Free estimates. Give us a call or message 812-821-5384. Or go to...
- Buried in opioids, sickened community eyes drugmakers' role
- Records detail frenetic effort to bury stories about Trump
- British Open back at Royal Portrush and puts on quite a show
- Trump hits 'send her back' chant, claims he tried to stop it
- American warship destroys Iranian drone in Strait of Hormuz