Eastern Greene re-construction project going strongMembers of the Eastern Greene School Board of Trustees were given an update Monday evening on the progress of work underway at Eastern Greene High School. The reconstruction efforts are being done in order to correct several problems at the high school...
Mogan, Moody say goodbye to ShakamakDuring Shakamak Superintendent Mike Mogan’s final semester at the Metropolitan School District of Shakamak, he has met his successor, Daniel Noel, sent off his final batch of graduates and--during a regular school meeting of the Shakamak School Board on Thursday, June 14--received recognition for his retirement, a small reception in the cafeteria and many kind words from the people who worked with him over the past decade...
Donated pet oxygen mask saves a life in Sunday fireWhen officials responded to a house fire in Scotland Sunday, a donated oxygen mask saved the life of a family member who was trapped inside the burning house. The family member was a dog, and luckily, Greene County Medic Amanda Harkness was able to administer oxygen with a pet oxygen mask that was donated to the Taylor Township Fire Department, courtesy of the Invisible Fence Company’s Project Breathe Program...
- Eastern Greene re-construction project going strong
- Donated pet oxygen mask saves a life in Sunday fire
- Community Notes
- Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log
- UDWI approves first rate decrease in decades 3
- Chris’ Corner: Event to support Middle Way House
- Court News (6/18/18)
- Linton-Stockton appoints 17 new positions ahead of new school year (6/18/18)
- Community Notes (6/18/18)
- Community Notes (6/18/18)
Thelma L. PlummerThelma L. Plummer, 96, of Linton, passed away in Indianapolis on June 17, 2018 at 2:15 a.m. Thelma was born on Dec. 20, 1921, in Bicknell. She was the daughter of Henry and Martha (VanHoose)...
Nellie P. SircyNellie P. Sircy, 93, of Greenfield, formerly of Elnora, passed away on Thursday, June 14, 2018 at Hancock Regional Hospital. Born March 3, 1925 in Daviess County, she was the daughter of William Zack...
Tanja J. FulkTanja J. Fulk, age 63, of Indianapolis, passed away on Wednesday, June 13, 2018, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis. She was born in Linton on November 10, 1954, the daughter of William E. Fulk...
Naoma E. LeDuneNaoma E. LeDune, 76, of Linton, passed away with loved ones at her side, on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at Linton. She was born on April 21, 1942 in Linton to William and Alberta (Miller) Steele. Naoma...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (6/19/18)
Greene County Sheriff's Department Activity Log (6/18/18)The Greene County Sheriff’s Department responded to 48 incidents and calls for service from June 15 to June 17, including three property damage accidents, one personal injury accident, two alarms,...
Linton Police Department Activity Log (6/18/18)The Linton Police Department responded to 61 incidents and calls for service Friday through Sunday, including three property damage accidents, one bank/residential alarm, four assists to other...
Court News (6/18/18)SMALL CLAIMS Professional Accounts Service, Inc. vs Jennifer Fay Nash Cara Real Estate vs Christina Gilbert and Jessica Stephens CIVIL CASES Capital One Bank vs Julie A Stephens Capital One Bank vs David M. Miller CITATIONS AND INFRACTIONS Dakota d. Vandeventer, 24, Solsberry, operating a motor vehicle in violation of restriction...
Chris PruettEvent to support Middle Way House
Andrew BowenWhy we don’t name the best players for the All-Area teams
Sabrina StockrahmIt’s my favorite time of year
By Patti DannerKristen, it’s hotter than Hades in here!
Kristen InmanPatti, I’m freaking freezing in here
Terry SchwinghammerShakamak at Linton Saturday: Enough said.
Larry VandeventerThese things amuse and perplex me
By Billy HollandIt’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood
Nicole StahlTreasurer’s office working to address concerns, suggestions
Brenda HancockTips for dealing with forgetfulness
Savannah Boone Community BloggerDown but not out
Ask a Greene GardenerIs Master Gardener Program a good fit for you?
- Linton hosting two-day Miner ShootoutLinton-Stockton, Shakamak and White River Valley are among 16 teams competing in the 2018 Miner Shootout, a two-day varsity-junior varsity basketball shootout Monday and Tuesday at Linton-Stockton High School. Attica, Casey-Westfield (Ill.), Covington, New Washington, North Daviess, Northview, Riverton Parke, Robinson (Ill.), Sullivan, Southwestern (Shelby), Terre Haute North and Vincennes Lincoln comprise the rest of the 16-team field converging on Linton for two days of summer basketball action.. ...
- Linton grad Rodney Walker hired as Evansville Central head basketball coach (6/18/18)
- Linton-Stockton All-SWIAC spring sports (6/15/18)
- Daily World announces All-Area softball team (6/14/18)
- SWIAC names All-Conference teams (6/13/18)
- Daily World announces All-Area baseball team (6/12/18)2
- Union golf team awaits IHSAA approval (6/10/18)
- COA Volleyball offers summer volleyball camps (6/10/18)
Community NotesWednesday, June 20 A Paparazzi Jewely Fundraiser will be held in the main lobby of Greene County General Hospital from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. All items will be $5. Sponsored by the Greene County Auxiliary (The Pink Ladies). All proceeds go to GCGH. “Watercolor painting” children’s classes will be held from 3-4 p.m. at the Sullivan Area Art Guild on the west side of the square in Sullivan. Classes are for children who have just finished grades 2-5. Cost is $5. To sign up call Nancy at 812-356-4517...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
ONLINE ANTIQUE & COLLECTIBLE AUCTIONVisit EDSIndiana.com to look at hundreds of Estate items in multiple online auctions. Antiques, furniture, oriental rugs, vintage photography & cameras, vintage toys, Kachina dolls, cruise line items, glass & china, collectibles of all...
Pet sitterAre you in need of a pet sitter? Then give me a call I can help you out. I can come stay at your home and care for your fur babies so there is no disruption to them or high cost of boarding. I will sit for a couple hours to all day or over night. I...
Country Home for SaleQuiet country home for sale! 1.16 acres Jasonville, IN 2 bed 2 bath Full unfinished basement Mudroom New concrete countertops New tile shower in master bath New 10x32 deck New landscaping Two car attached garage Come take a look!