No injuries in Friday evening fireFriday afternoon, Linton Fire Department responded to a fire behind Indiana Pools and Spas. Homeowner Kathy Hamoel said everyone safely escaped the house, which was being fixed up when it caught fire. Hamoel said it was not currently being lived in...
2018 Walk a Mile in Their Shoes to feature speakerAn event that is going seven years strong in Greene County will continue to raise funds and awareness for victims of sexual assault. “Walk a Mile in Their Shoes”, a fundraising event held by the Greene County Prosecutor’s Office Victim Advocate Division and the Greene County Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) will take place this year on Friday, April 13 from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m...
Dinner celebrates Shakamak’s Youth Community GardenShakamak students celebrated the Youth Community Garden with a dinner featuring items to be grown in the garden this year. Six raised plant beds were implemented at Shakamak as part of the Purdue Extension Nutrition Education Program. Community Wellness Coordinator Mallory Rickbeil explained Greene County received a $2,500 Growing Together Grant for the materials necessary for the Greene County Master Gardeners to build an additional donation garden bed at the 4-H Fairgrounds and install new beds for the Shakamak afterschool program.. ...
- 2018 Walk a Mile in Their Shoes to feature speaker (3/23/18)
- Commissioners seeking county attorney (3/23/18)
- Dinner celebrates Shakamak’s Youth Community Garden (3/23/18)
- OPINION: Looking at the big picture for school safety (3/23/18)
- Roy Chapman: A local legend takes his place of honor (3/23/18)1
- GCDW Pet of the Week (3/23/18)
- Linton businesses to participate in Easter promotion next week (3/22/18)
- Linton Police Department Activity Log (3/22/18)
- Police Logs (3/22/18)
- Court News (3/22/18)
Larry Joe KellerLarry Joe Keller, 70, of Jasonville, passed away at 8:20 a.m. Thursday, March 22, 2018 at his brother’s home with his family by his side. He was born May 23, 1947 in Greene County, to Jewell Ernest...
Darin Jay CoverstoneDarin Jay Coverstone, 47, of Jasonville passed away at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 21, 2018 in his residence. He was born September 7, 1970 in Linton, to Donald E. Coverstone and Clara I. (Sparks)...
Jeremiah K. MooreJeremiah K. Moore, age 40, of Fort Wayne, formerly of Linton, passed away on Thursday, March 15, 2018, in Fort Wayne. He was born in Linton on May 9, 1977, the son of Larry K. and Jana L.(Frye)...
Patrick Mason PhilippsPatrick Mason Philipps, 72, of Bloomfield, passed away Saturday, March 17, 2017 at Lyons Health and Living Center. Born March 16, 1946 in Louisville, Ky., he was the son of Forrest Mason and Mary...
Linton Police Department Activity Log (3/22/18)LINTON POLICE DEPARTMENT ACTIVITY LOG The Linton Police Department responded to 28 incidents and calls for service Wednesday, including one bank or residential alarm, seven local ordinance...
Police Logs (3/22/18)Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log David Foster, 52, Bloomfield, was arrested on preliminary charges of possession of methamphetamine; possession of paraphernalia; maintaining a common...
Greene County Sheriff’s Department Jail Log (3/19/18)Christopher Levi Clouse, 36, Bloomington, was arrested on a writ of attachment. He was required to pay $1,200. Lindsey May Bryant, 26, Solsberry, was arrested on a warrant for Class A misdemeanor...
Court News (3/22/18)CRIMINAL CASES Deborah A. Massey, 21, Bloomington, Class B misdemeanor battery Jeremy C. Hall, 34, Springville, Level 6 felony possession of methamphetamine; Level 6 felony possession of syringe; Class C misdemeanor possession of marijuana David C. Foster, 52, Bloomfield, Level 5 felony possession of methamphetamine; Level 6 felony maintaining a common nuisance-controlled substances; Class B misdemeanor possession of marijuana; Class C misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia...
Chris PruettLocal market showing impressive numbers
By Patti DannerBack to the land of lattes and weed
Terry SchwinghammerElks Hoop Shoot gives fans an early glimpse of possible future stars
Kristen InmanI opened a portal to Hell in my kitchen
Andrew BowenTindley stops Greene County team for second year in a row1
Sabrina StockrahmParenthood has changed how we plan outings
By Billy HollandFear not, for God is with you
Larry VandeventerDr. Spock didn’t prepare me for this
Savannah Boone Community BloggerDown but not out
Nicole StahlLinton bank will also collect tax payments
Brenda HancockAre you over 55 and looking for something to do?
Ask a Greene GardenerIs Master Gardener Program a good fit for you?
- Hostetter steps down as coach at Mount VernonWhite River Valley High School graduate Marc Hostetter has resigned as boys basketball coach at Mount Vernon High School in southwestern Indiana, according to the Evansville Courier & Press. Hostetter coached the Wildcats for seven seasons and had a 54-116 record. His best season was 2012-13 when they finished 17-7...
- Lady Bulldogs blank Shoals 10-0 to start season with a W (3/22/18)
- Eastern Greene grad Dusty May lands Florida Atlantic coaching job (3/22/18)1
- Indiana Hall of Fame honors Matt Graves with Silver Anniversary selection (3/22/18)
- Howard signs letter of intent to play for Rose-Hulman (3/21/18)
- 2018 Baseball Preview: Area nines eagerly anticipate first pitch (3/21/18)
- Lady Miner softballers washed out, then snowed out (3/20/18)
- 2018 Baseball Preview: Area nines eagerly anticipate first pitch (3/20/18)
Community NotesSaturday, March 24 The Linton Freedom Festival will be conducting a fireworks test at approximately 9 p.m. from a new shooting location. If you are interested in watching, we welcome your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your feedback must include the location where you watched the test. Please be aware this test will be short and will be using only small fireworks shells...
- 4-H Clubs of Greene County
- Bloomfield Apple Festival
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of Goose Pond
- Greene County Crime Stoppers
- Greene County Economic Development Corporation
- Greene County Foundation
- Greene County General Hospital
- Greene County Resources
- Greene County Visitors Info
- Linton Fire Department
- Linton Freedom Festival
- Linton Music Festival
- Linton Police
- Linton WorkOne
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
- Purdue Extension Service/Greene County 4-H
- Sculpture Trails
- Shawnee Theatre
- Welcome to Bloomfield
Rural Real Estate
HOME FOR SALE: 103 CO RD 70 E Bloomfield, IN 47424Cozy 3 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath. Enclosed front porch. 2 car attached, heated garage. Sits on 3 Lots. Bloomfield School District. CALL TINA THOMPSON @ 812-227-1128 to schedule a showing. DOWN HOME REAL ESTATE & AUCTION LLC 409 N. MAIN...
Computers & Office Equip.
New SIB Acer Aspire NetbookBrand New ended up buying a tablet which cost me more than laptop. Couldn't find receipt so I can't return. 812-648-2470